April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water Normal/Oily

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jenn282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product!! I'm reading all of these bad reviews and can't help but notice that no one read the product description. Don't buy a product and then give it a bad review when you clearly didn't even look online at the website. Someone said they found out the hard way that it did or did not do something. That wasn't the hard way as the website clearly states the issue you had. Everyone exclaims it wasn't good for removing makeup then based on that leaves a bad review. Its not a makeup remover and it doesn't say that either. If it did remove your makeup then great but if not then dont give it a bad review because of it. They have a different product specifically for removing makeup. It removes remaining dirt oil and impurities on the skin. It doesnt state that it removes makeup. The product description also includes the ingredients. Which tells you the fragrences in it so complaining about the fragrance is ridiculous. Its different if the product didn't benifit you or didnt do what it says it will do but the majority of these complaints are soley based on issues that people are having because they didn't look at the description or didn't pay attention to what the product said. Make sure you read before you try things insead of assuming you know about it and then when it doesn't do what you think you know already without reading first, writing a bad review about it. Its wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by djnav

This is the first cleansing water product I've used so far. I own the Hydrating Spray and the Night Cream from the brand as well and decided to give the cleansing water a shot. So far I do enjoy the product, I've used it to remove my eye makeup and foundation and it works perfectly fine. I think the price is relatively fair, one complaint that I do have about the product is the pump, but other than that I do overall like the product, I won't be repurchasing this just because I do want to experiment with other brands that produce the same type of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this stuff. I use it to take my make up off with a cloth and then I wash my face with my regular cleanser. I would never use this solely as cleanser because it leaves a greasy film on the skin which would break me out. It does a really good job of taking off foundation. Highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by katiekatie1010

So, I'm going to start out by saying that I didn't read the directions on this product or I never would have bought it in the first place. I was looking for a remover that was good for both face and eye makeup, and this is not it. You cannot use this on your eyes (which I found out the hard way), which makes this product far less useful to me. As well as not being what I originally wanted, this is a very drying product- I have combo skin that gets pretty oily come summertime, and this is still to drying for my sensitive skin. This cleansing product is also very heavily perfumed and triggers a small headache almost every time I use it. To add insult to injury, the bottle doesn't last very long, so if you do end up loving this product, you will constantly have to repurchase. I'm more than halfway through the bottle, and I've used it less than 10 times. All in all, there's no way I would repurchase this product, even if someone paid me to do so.

*EDIT* I just realized this works great to clean out the little plastic pots that I decant lipsticks and samples into, so I may actually repurchase it for that purpose.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by AlbinoCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised by these raving reviews.

I bought this while I was lemming Koh Gen Do's pricey cleansing water. I figured Boots is cheap & this would be a good way to see if cleansing water is for me. The verdict is still out. Boot's formula seems to suck when you compare the ingredients to superior cleansing waters on the market.

Although it didn't do a good job at removing my make up, I can see why the formula would be fit for someone with oily skin. This has zinc and other oil zapping properties. The witch hazel in it is typically great for acne prone, oily skin. My problematic skin can not handle it though, and the film this water cleanser leaves behind clogs my every pore if I don't rinse it off afterwards. Additionally, the heavy fragrance caused my rosacea to flare. If you have sensitive skin steer clear of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I've tried a cleansing water, so I can't compare it to any other brands. I use this as a first step when cleansing my face at night; I just use it to take off the majority of my makeup and then follow up with a face wash (with my Clarisonic a few times a week). I think it does a decent job; it didn't really blow me away or anything. I think cleansing cloths basically do the same thing, but this wasn't too expensive, so if you're curious, I think it's worth a try. For myself, I'll probably just stick with cleansing cloths because I think they end up being cheaper, unless this happens to be on sale or has coupons out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by JaeW15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I know a lot of people like this product, but for me it just didn't do it. I was looking for a cleanser and the woman at the no7 counter in Boots recommended this, I bought this along with the no7 day cream and night cream, both for normal/oily skin which i have had no problems with. At night I put it on a cotton ball and gently rubbed it over my face to remove my makeup, it did a fine job at that I must say, and then applied my night cream. The next morning i noticed my face was very dry and tight. I never ever get dry skin. Ever. But because it was only a bit of dryness I continued to use it. then I did the same thing the next night. and the next morning not only was my skin more dry and tight around my mouth and nose but I had also broken out in spots on my forehead. Now I have cut the cleansing water out of my skincare routine, I have no problems, my skin is back to normal and there is no dryness so It must have been the cause. I wasn't expecting it to be anything great for the price of it but i certainly didn't think it would make my skin so bad. I have use l'oreal's micellar water (which I love!!!) before, and will be purchasing again soon.Maybe I just had a bad reaction to the no7 one but as for removing makeup it's good.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using it for the past week, and I can definitely say I'm not going back to cream cleansers ever again. This is a god send for oily skin!

I used to use cream cleansers to remove at least 75% of my makeup before washing my face, but while they've always done the job, they've also felt very thick, uncomfortable and somewhat suffocating for my oily and congested skin. This however, does exactly the same thing my cream cleansers do, it removes my makeup just as well well, but this feels so so so refreshing. It feels amazing when I'm cleaning my skin. Makes me look forward to washing my face when I get home, and this never happens! It also doesn't break me out or aggravate my sensitive skin.

The only con is the fact that there is perfume in this product. I always prefer to use products without all the fancy and harmful ingredients, and fragrance is one of them. Although this one does smell really good. And it is a bit pricey for a cleanser, especially with the amount you have to use each time. I don't think each bottle will last for very long, but since Boots is always having vouchers or 3 for 2 offers, you can easily get it for cheaper.

I highly recommend this if you have oily skin, or looking for a good cleanser for summer or if you live in a tropical climate. However, if you have sensitive skin, I would think twice about this, because it has alcohol and fragrance. It all depends on your skin to be honest. And yes, I will most definitely repurchase this, unless I can find something better (that is cheaper and with less harmful ingredients).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is my first experience with a cleansing water, but I absolutely love it, perhaps more than oil cleansing which I don't think has helped my clogged pores at all. This is formulated for Normal/Oily skin, if you have dry skin, you may want to check out the Melting Gel cleanser to remove makeup. It removes all of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling refreshed, but not dry. I prefer to do a follow-up rinse using my Olay Sensitive Skin foaming cleanser since I have quite oily skin and like that sqeaky clean feeling. I think that combination has actually helped my skin, which was suffering from a lot of clogged pores and occasional cystic acne (I was previously doing oil cleansing, followed by Dove Sensitive Beauty Bar). This does have alcohol in the ingredient list, which is something to keep in mind if you are sensitive to it, though I have not experienced any irritation and my skin gets easily dehydrated. Overall its a great deal compared to more expensive cleansing waters, and it seems to be doing a pretty good job! In the AM, I also follow it up with the matching moisturizer for Normal/Oily skin and my skin is left soft and balanced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought at Target in Southern California USA. Very well prices-about 8usd. I have not tried Bioderma but it could be a comparable product based on other reviews.
I love the pump. To me, it has a vegetable(?) cucumber (?) smell, but it is not offending and the fragrance did not cause me any sensitivity
I use it to refresh my oily face skin, to take off face and eye make up. I've also used as a FIRST STEP to take off heavy face makeup
LOL I just used it at home to take off two different foundation colors I'm trying on different sides of the face and it did not leave my face red:) It does the work