October 20, 2014 | 1854 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water Normal/Oily

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my cleanser of choice on days when I'm feeling so lazy that I'm tempted to sleep in my makeup. It takes care of all of my face makeup, and actually does a fairly good job of removing my eyeliner and mascara. Not as good of a job as the oil cleanser I usually use to take off my eye makeup obviously, but a good enough job that I'm not worried about waking up with smudgy raccoon eyes in the morning. It leaves my face feeling fresh and clean, but not at all stripped. It's not a product I make use of in my regular skincare routine, but it's a good 2-in-1 product on days when I can't be bothered to use anything else. It's also useful to have around to fix any makeup application goofs. I squirt out a half pump in onto a q-tip and use it to fix mascara smudges, crooked or too thick eye liner and/or eye shadow fallout. Works a treat.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I didn't find that this did the job that it was supposed to and ended up with a face full of blackheads. It just didn't seem to clean my face at all and I didn't see any improvement in my oily skin. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by bybare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a great cleansing water as a three in one. I use it to remove my make up and all of it comes off you can check on a tissue there's nothing on there.Not eyes I use eye removal for that. I also use it as a toner it works great to remove any extra dead skin cells especially in the morning. I also like to use it as a facial mist throughout the day if I need some extra hydration. The price is fabulous the at target and it does the job I highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jenn282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product!! I'm reading all of these bad reviews and can't help but notice that no one read the product description. Don't buy a product and then give it a bad review when you clearly didn't even look online at the website. Someone said they found out the hard way that it did or did not do something. That wasn't the hard way as the website clearly states the issue you had. Everyone exclaims it wasn't good for removing makeup then based on that leaves a bad review. Its not a makeup remover and it doesn't say that either. If it did remove your makeup then great but if not then dont give it a bad review because of it. They have a different product specifically for removing makeup. It removes remaining dirt oil and impurities on the skin. It doesnt state that it removes makeup. The product description also includes the ingredients. Which tells you the fragrences in it so complaining about the fragrance is ridiculous. Its different if the product didn't benifit you or didnt do what it says it will do but the majority of these complaints are soley based on issues that people are having because they didn't look at the description or didn't pay attention to what the product said. Make sure you read before you try things insead of assuming you know about it and then when it doesn't do what you think you know already without reading first, writing a bad review about it. Its wrong.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by djnav

This is the first cleansing water product I've used so far. I own the Hydrating Spray and the Night Cream from the brand as well and decided to give the cleansing water a shot. So far I do enjoy the product, I've used it to remove my eye makeup and foundation and it works perfectly fine. I think the price is relatively fair, one complaint that I do have about the product is the pump, but other than that I do overall like the product, I won't be repurchasing this just because I do want to experiment with other brands that produce the same type of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this stuff. I use it to take my make up off with a cloth and then I wash my face with my regular cleanser. I would never use this solely as cleanser because it leaves a greasy film on the skin which would break me out. It does a really good job of taking off foundation. Highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by katiekatie1010

So, I'm going to start out by saying that I didn't read the directions on this product or I never would have bought it in the first place. I was looking for a remover that was good for both face and eye makeup, and this is not it. You cannot use this on your eyes (which I found out the hard way), which makes this product far less useful to me. As well as not being what I originally wanted, this is a very drying product- I have combo skin that gets pretty oily come summertime, and this is still to drying for my sensitive skin. This cleansing product is also very heavily perfumed and triggers a small headache almost every time I use it. To add insult to injury, the bottle doesn't last very long, so if you do end up loving this product, you will constantly have to repurchase. I'm more than halfway through the bottle, and I've used it less than 10 times. All in all, there's no way I would repurchase this product, even if someone paid me to do so.

*EDIT* I just realized this works great to clean out the little plastic pots that I decant lipsticks and samples into, so I may actually repurchase it for that purpose.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by AlbinoCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised by these raving reviews.

I bought this while I was lemming Koh Gen Do's pricey cleansing water. I figured Boots is cheap & this would be a good way to see if cleansing water is for me. The verdict is still out. Boot's formula seems to suck when you compare the ingredients to superior cleansing waters on the market.

Although it didn't do a good job at removing my make up, I can see why the formula would be fit for someone with oily skin. This has zinc and other oil zapping properties. The witch hazel in it is typically great for acne prone, oily skin. My problematic skin can not handle it though, and the film this water cleanser leaves behind clogs my every pore if I don't rinse it off afterwards. Additionally, the heavy fragrance caused my rosacea to flare. If you have sensitive skin steer clear of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I've tried a cleansing water, so I can't compare it to any other brands. I use this as a first step when cleansing my face at night; I just use it to take off the majority of my makeup and then follow up with a face wash (with my Clarisonic a few times a week). I think it does a decent job; it didn't really blow me away or anything. I think cleansing cloths basically do the same thing, but this wasn't too expensive, so if you're curious, I think it's worth a try. For myself, I'll probably just stick with cleansing cloths because I think they end up being cheaper, unless this happens to be on sale or has coupons out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by JaeW15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I know a lot of people like this product, but for me it just didn't do it. I was looking for a cleanser and the woman at the no7 counter in Boots recommended this, I bought this along with the no7 day cream and night cream, both for normal/oily skin which i have had no problems with. At night I put it on a cotton ball and gently rubbed it over my face to remove my makeup, it did a fine job at that I must say, and then applied my night cream. The next morning i noticed my face was very dry and tight. I never ever get dry skin. Ever. But because it was only a bit of dryness I continued to use it. then I did the same thing the next night. and the next morning not only was my skin more dry and tight around my mouth and nose but I had also broken out in spots on my forehead. Now I have cut the cleansing water out of my skincare routine, I have no problems, my skin is back to normal and there is no dryness so It must have been the cause. I wasn't expecting it to be anything great for the price of it but i certainly didn't think it would make my skin so bad. I have use l'oreal's micellar water (which I love!!!) before, and will be purchasing again soon.Maybe I just had a bad reaction to the no7 one but as for removing makeup it's good.