August 20, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Lavish Lavender

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love Love Love the color tattoo's..and this one might just be my favorite!! I used it all over my lid with a deeper purple on the outer v and a lighter purple over it with a light brown in the crease...and it's beautiful !!!! I have hazel/green eyes so this combo really makes them pop. I would definitely wear this alone for a daytime weekend look with some black liner. The color of this one is AWESOME!!! It DOES has frost, but for me, it works. I think it makes the black eyeliner pop even more due to the frosty/shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh, another frosty shiny one. I wish it was more purple. A good base for purple powder e/s but the frostiness peeked thru. I have been using this as an liner under my eyes this summer to wake my eyes up, but with a very light hand. Not a whole lotta love with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by distinewatso123

I love Lavish Lavender! I apply it with my finger (always over UDPP) and it wears beautiflly throughout the day. This is a light lavender shade but has a blue duochrome finish in some lighting, making it more of a periwinkle color. I wear this all over my lid with a matte brown/purple in the crease & a dark brown or purple in the outer corner for a daytime look. If I want more shimmer I top it with the L'oreal Infallible shadow in the shade Liquid Diamond (a silvery purple). My only complaint is that the shade is limited edition. If you have brown eyes & want to experiment with purple shadow I would definitely recommend buying this while it is still available!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, dark under eye circles. I really like this shade and it is the only shade from the summer collection I liked. Of course, on me, this won't be worn until fall/winter, but that is because purple is not something I do in the summer. But this is a stunning lavender shade with shimmer on my brown eyes that doesn't seem to bother my under eye circles, but makes my brown eyes sparkle. Purples are very hard for me, but this one gives me that ice princess look but not so icy, it is hard to wear. Once I switch back to my pinker tones of fall/winter (I go more peachy /bronze in the summer), this will be very fun to play with.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am a huge fan of the Color Tattoos. When I saw a lavender shade in the grocery store one night, I just thought, Yeah, you're coming home with me. I love purples, but only seem to wear purple eyeshadows in cream form. This is a fairly opaque cream shadow. If you use one layer, it's a bit sheer, but it's very easily buildable. I tend to use the Color Tattoos on their own when I am feeling lazy about eye makeup and just want one color all over. This is a gorgeous shade, I think it would look especially good on dark, hazel, or green eyes. If you don't like shimmer/glitter, this may be a pass for you, but I find it to be very pretty and it doesn't bother me personally. These last for ages on your eyes without creasing, which of course, is another bonus besides the color. Perfect for spring. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This color is difficult to build up without creating chunky layers of the product, because it is so sheer. Wish it was more purple, and less silver. Also, this color tends to make my eyes look tired : (

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Lavish Lavender is one of the Summer Limited Edition 24 hour Color Tattoos from Maybelline. In the jar it has a lovely, shimmery lavender colour with a hint of silver. The jar is fairly thick glass and will stand a drop from shoulder height or two. The product itself is best applied using a fingertip as that melts the cream slightly and makes it easy to both apply and blend.

LL is a slight bit thinner than several of the other Color Tattoos I have. I would put it in the Metals category; it is quite shimmery once on though the glitter is not chunky. When applied it is more of a lavender-toned silver colour that is extremely easy to blend out. You may actually find yourself blending it out more than you meant to. It is not unbuildable though I did not get really opaque colour out of it.

It makes a very good base for purple shadows. I like patting MAC's Digit on top, then using Indian Ink on the last third of the eyelid and Satellite Dreams for the crease. The blended out LL is great for the browbone. I did not wear a primer under it, but it lasts all day and doesn't budge unless you really scrub at it. It comes off easily with makeup remover on a pad or a q-tip.

The negatives: it sheers out really easily. It also left a fair dusting of extremely fine silver shimmer under my eyes at the end of the day. It's not intense like some of the other Color Tattoos and I don't really feel it's true to pan.

The positives: great base, pretty colour, lasts all day, easy to apply and extremely easy to blend.

I won't need to (there's a lot of product in the jar) but I wouldn't buy again just because it's not so much lavender as it is a lavender-y silver.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No