October 23, 2014 | 2083 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Simple - Kind To Eyes Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't have the money for my usual high-end makeup remover, so I picked this up. I was skeptical from the reviews, but I really, really love this! It might even be a really good dupe...

This isn't a dual-phase remover, so there is no need to shake the product. This product feels like water on the eyes. I pour this onto a cotton pad and remove my eye makeup from there. It removes eyeshadow, eyeliner and washable mascara very easily. Waterproof mascara doesn't budge when I use this. Even slightly waterproof mascara doesn't come off using this remover. But considering I don't use waterproof mascara often, it really doesn't bother me.

My eyes didn't sting when I used this, which is wonderful! Usually eye makeup removers sting my eyes. But this one didn't.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. The product comes out of a small hole of a flip-stop bottle. The cap doesn't screw off. This makes it really hard to use a cotton bud for clean up. I have to pour this onto a cotton bud over the sink so that the remover doesn't go everywhere. It's kind of a waste.

I have stopped using that high-end one completely and started using this one. I can get this for a really good price with coupons!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this to remove my prom makeup and on days where I had full face makeup. It was okay. It did not irritate my skin but it required a few cotton pads to remove all the makeup. For the eye area, gentle pressure needs to be used to effectively remove the makeup like liner and eye shadow.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on recommendation from Sali Hughes, who is a reputable beauty writer in the UK.

She claimed that it is "One of my all-time beauty bargains, this removes everything but lash extensions in one sweep."

Yes its reasonably cheap - I bought it for about 2.20 at Superdrug, but it barely removed my mascara. I loaded up a cotton pad twice to remove my make up and still ended up with panda eyes as the remnants of the mascara were still there the following morning.

This is definitely not suitable if you use waterproof mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Justanotheredhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after I ran out of my Clinique Rinse Off Eye Makeup Solvent and needed a quick fix at the drugstore. I had used Simple products before and they had generally been gentle but this stuff was the worst. Stings the eyes, dries out the eye area and doesn't even get my gel eyeliner off. I used both a q-tip and cotton pads and no dice. With so many other effective makeup removers out there, do not even bother with this product. Even Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover works a LOT better if you're looking for a good, cheap drugstore alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by karennj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

removes everything and no panda eyes afterwards! No stinging for me and my eyes are super sensitive

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by melkarla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, it did remove my make up but it stung my eyes! Also, after a couple days of use, I noticed that my eyelids became irritated. They became dry, red and sore. It wasn't even that great at removing my makeup. Sorry, Simple. :\

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by MistyEyes172

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Probably worst remover i have ever used!! It lies when it states "Kind to eyes" it stung my eyes and they were watering for a long while, a problem i have never had with any other remover. I had trouble removing non-waterproof mascara, i am afraid to even try with my waterproof. Would not recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by tazz222003

I was hoping to find a smoothing, more natural alternative to the oily, evil step sister of eye makeup removers. Sadly I wasn't too impressed with this product. The formula wasn't oily, it leaned more on the watery side, yet it didn't do the job. It took several tries and many cotton pads to get my mascara off. The formula also stung my eye area a little bit, which is never something you want. I liked the smell of it; a little reminiscent of apples. The flip top packaging was nice as well... but sadly I won't be repurchasing. I've tried worse, but this failed to impress.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jeannex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it's funny that this is called "kind to eyes," and claims to remove waterproof mascara because a) it stings to use (a problem i've never had before with an eye make-up remover) and b) i found it impossible to remove all of my (non-waterproof) mascara with this. not recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by iadorechanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bottom line of this review: My experience was BAD.
If you do not find problems using this product then great! It's cheap, I like the packagaing and it would suit many people I would think. However, if you have extremely sensitive skin, rad on,,,,

I had previously been using Johnson's face wipes for dry skin, and they worked OK but I felt they weren't getting every bit of my makeup off. So, not wanting to splurge on a product that might not work, I opted for the Simple kind to eyes makeup remover. Big mistake. This is a devious little guy. When I put this on my face with a cotton pad I could feel no burning or unpleasant sensations and I though I have dropped on a pretty good product. Then morning came... under one of my eyes there was a large red inflamed area that felt like a bruise. As it is high pollen I initially put this down to my daily allergies and continued using the product for a further 3 days. In this time, the inflamed area of 'spots' I suppose spread underneath both my eyes, down the sides of my face and my eyelids. My eyes no both feel like bruises and it's quite difficult to see. As you can imagine I tossed this product away and am avoiding any makeup or makeup removers for a week or so to let this die down.

Essentially, my experience (with having sensitive skin) was a terrible one and I would honestly not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. Bummer.