April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Polishes - SinfulColors - Shine nail polish with gel tech

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have so many of these now and love them so much. They seriously have become my go-to nail polish, even over OPI and Orly. The price cannot be beat. They run $1.99 and oftentimes are 2 for $3.

They last a week with no chipping and minimal wear. This line in particular with the gel shine is amazing. It is very shiny and stays on longer than the regular. My favorite in this line is Pragmatic, which is a lilac color that is to die for. I seriously have no other purple this color. It's my favorite polish period.

It's easy to remove and all the colors are very vibrant and rich. I have not had any streaking or bad wear with any of the colors so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

SinfulShine was a wonderful find for me! I got two nail polishes from this line solely based on the colors and only later realized that this is a new and improved collection that promises to be "5x more glossy than a patent leather shoe!". I have it in Sailor's Delight (soft & dreamy light pink) and Amazonian (deep dark green with lighter forest green shimmer). Overall, I really enjoyed these little babies.

The brush is symmetrical, thin, long, and slightly triangular shape. I prefer it to the flat "ManiCurve" a-la salon nail polish brush of Wet'n'Wild's MegaLast nail polish, as it is easier to polish at the lunula. Consistency of this nail polish isn't too thin or thick, and goes on very smoothly with minimal streaking. Nail polish dries fairly quickly and does shine nicely, though the glossy shine fades the next day to more of an opaque shine. Both nail polishes lasted me good three days on my hand nails with minor chipping, which is the most I usually get, even with a top coat, so the lasting power is rather good. Although I feel like nail polishes in general have come a long way that they don't even advertise to be "salon" formula, this line is very impressive, probably for the outstanding price ($2.99). I have not tried "standard" SinfulColors nail polishes, but trust other reviewers that this collection is indeed much better.

The packaging is very chic! The 32 colors offered are each so beautiful, there is something to suit everyone's taste. These are pretty affordable and I would recommend them. It was a pleasant experience, and I would buy them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by AvonleaCadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Only $2.99, lots of fun shades, and wears like steel. I did a pedicure with this is in Picante, and it lasted 5 weeks! Although pedicures generally last much longer than manicures, that is still pretty amazing to me since I live in a hot climate and wear sandals and open toe shoes often. No chips or cracking, just a gap from growth. Also didn't dull (in part to the top coat, however other polishes with same topcoat tend to dull) but remained shiny the entire time. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by ginalenee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this polish from Walgreens and WOW!!! I bought the colors Man Hunt, Alfresco, In The Limelight, and Nouveau Purple and I am amazed by this polish, first it's creamy and applies very well and it blends pretty good with minimal streaking, if you are a pro (unlike myself) you could get away with one coat of the darker colors, I still use my top coat either Essie good to go or seche veche but the polish has a pretty good shine without it but I use top coat out of habit, second the staying power is AMAZING I work two jobs, one in a hospital and the other a part-time cashier and I am constantly washing my hands but didn't experience one chip AT ALL and it lasted all week, it dries pretty decently too, either way for a drugstore brand and the price it outlasted some of my more expensive polishes like China Glaze and OPI, needless to say I will be purchasing more in the near future!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I've tried many polishes but this has to be one of the best. I've bought about 6 colors so far and I plan on getting more. It's good enough that I've given away some of my OPI, Orly and China Glaze polishes. This gel has the best wear. I've tried 3 colors on my nails and they have lasted a week with no chips and very little tip wear. I've never had one last that long before. They have amazing shine, especially with my Seche topcoat. I was asked by a friend and my husband if I went out to get a manicure and nope, just a $2.99 polish. I disagree that this is the same as the old Sinful polishes. I've tried a couple of them and never was happy or impressed. I was lucky if I got a day or two wear out of them. This gel-like is much better and definitely worth the extra buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this nail polish in Spitfire, a lovely warm, light purple with a bit of pink.

This polish has some of the best lasting power - after a week, I only had a tiny bit of tipwear, and one little chunk missing when I had painted over my cuticle and the polish had flaked off of that. Nice, shiny finish, though I used Sally Hansen Quick Dry topcoat, so I can't vouch for how this polish does without another topcoat. The color was opaque in 2 coats and went on really easily. No gloppyness, streaking, or shrinkage. I will definitely be buying more colors from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sunshine8475

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this nail polish. I hesitate to paint my nails often because my job has me using my hands for many different laborious things (heavy lifting, using power tools, etc). This nail polish DOES NOT chip off even when I'm at work. I do use a good top coat (out the door brand) which probably helps with that....but honestly even when I paint my nails with say OPI and use that same top coat - the polish just does not stay on well. Which brings me to the fact that this line of sinful is really well priced, where I live, it's only $2.99. I just hope that sinful puts out more colors and maybe even a clear topcoat one could use on any polish. The application of this particular polish is a little thick, but for me that actually helps me get it on. The formula on all the one's I own (banana appeal, kryptonite, pragmatic and wisp) are great, not sure about the one's I don't own. All in all - I really love this polish and highly recommend it. At least it really works for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Kklaz

I bought this in a dark teal shade. Love how thick it is. You almost need only one coat. Dried really fast, which could be good or bad. Hardened pretty fast, too. But even using a base coat, it stained my nails green! I had to soak them in baking soda/ hydrogen peroxide and they still had a yellow cast. BEWARE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sinful Colors' new Sinful Shines Nail Polishes feature "GelTech technology", which "provides opulent, rich color and a brilliant shine finish.". This limited edition collection is comprised of 32 shades, I'll be reviewing Steel Reserve. I received this product for review purposes, courtesy of Influenster. Each Sinful Shine lacquer contains .5fl oz (15 ml) and retails for around $2.99. This line of nail polishes is available exclusively at Walgreens. Sinful Colors products are not tested on animals. This nail polish was made in America.
The packaging for the limited edition Sinful Shines line is a little different from that of the regular line. The bottle is still round and made of glass. The product name is printed on the front of the bottle. The difference is in the cap. Your regular Sinful Colors polish comes with a black cap, but the Sinful Shines have a shiny, silver cap. The Sinful Colors logo is still embosed on the top of the cap. The shade name and number can be found on a label on the bottom of the bottle. The label peels up to reveal a full ingredient list. The brush is the same flat, average length brush included in all Sinful Colors polishes.
Sometimes I feel like one of the only beauty enthusiasts that hasn't jumped on the gel nail trend. Gel polishes are so pricey, some of the kits sell for over $100. Who got that kind of cash? I was intrigued by the concept of a hybrid gel nail polish. Sinful Colors certainly isn't the first brand to make to make this type of polish, but I believe they are the first ones to bring it down to a very affordable price range. I wasn't sure what to expect the first time I used this lacquer. The formula is thicker than that of a normal polish, but not by much. Application is amazing, this polish goes on so smoothly. One coat is almost entirely opaque, but I add a second one for total opacity. Sinful Colors' Sinful Shines polishes dry so fast, about a minute and a half and these polishes are rock hard. This lacquer feels a little heavy on the nails, which I believe I've heard about regular gel polishes. Gel nail polish is so popular because it boasts longer wear time, but I don't feel like that translates into this gel polish hybrid. For me, the Steel Reserve Sinful Shines nail polish wears only slightly better than regular nail polish. Steel Reserve chips on me after two days and needs removed by day four, but please keep in mind that I tend to get poor wear across the board. This nail polish removes easily with an acetone based nail polish remover.
Steel Reserve is a very dark, nearly black steel blue polish with a super glossy cream finish. Sinful Colors wasn't lying when they said the finish would be "brilliant". This polish looks wet for a whole day after application, but it eventually dulls down to an average cream finish. Steel Reserve isn't like any other color in my nail polish collection. In the bottle it looks like a dark, blue based grey. On the nails, it can range from black, to dark grey, to a very dark blue depending on lighting and what not. I'm a big fan of glossy, dark polishes, so I was happy to receive Steel Reserve.
I like Sinful Colors' Sinful Shine nail polish in Steel Reserve, but it isn't as different from a normal polish as I had hoped. The formula is a little bit thicker, quicker drying, and harder to the touch. All of those are nice attributes, but they don't lend themselves to significantly longer wear time. Steel Reserve is a great, cool toned, dark color that will go with just about anything. The gel finish is amazing, but not long lasting. Its a shame that these polishes are limited edition. If I was able to wear nail polish more often, I'd consider buying more, but my job doesn't allow it. I think Sinful Colors Sinful Shine nail polishes are worth checking out, especially considering the price. Hit your local Walgreens soon, I'm not sure how long these will be on the shelves!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I have the color alfresco, and I adore it. I've looked for a baby blue creme forever, but find they're usually pretty transparent. This one is opaque in two coats, easy. I'm happy to see sinful added ballz in the gel tech polishes--my one issue with this color is its a bit thick, and some mixing/thinner is required. It lasts until I remove it on my toes, no chips.

The color itself is worth 5 stars (I am NW20, btw.) very recommended!