September 30, 2014 | 1612 users online

Moisturizers - Sephora - 8 HR Mattifying Moisturizer Sunscreen

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new daytime moisturizer with SPF and decided to try this one out. It said that it would be suitable for sensitive skin and I liked that it had a pump.

While my skin is combination (dry cheeks, oily t-zone), I found the "mattifying" to be really intense. It made my skin look really dull, even in the oily areas. I also did not find this moisturizing enough on its own. Also, this product does not advertise the SPF in Canada, I am not sure what the laws are regarding that, but I usually prefer to use a sunscreen that has broad spectrum protection anyways.

I think this might be an okay moisturizer for someone who has really oily skin without any other sensitivities. The fragrance is not overwhelming, but could possibly irritate one's skin if it is sensitive. This is kind of a "why bother" product, in my opinion. Thankfully Sephora has a great return policy and I was able to get my money back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm going to start by stating my skin is some sort of funky. Most foundations, minus powder, apply to my skin as if it's dry. I have combination skin where most of it's normal and I get oily on my forehead, nose, and cheeks. It's not blotting bad but I do get fairly oily. So I thought I'd give this a try.

It was suggested that I use a pump to a pump & a half for my entire face. Now I just applied it like I would a typical moisturizer. I was sooooo dry that day. It caused my makeup to show flakes on my chin that I don't have. It dried me out through out the day and yet I ended up an oil slick. Maybe I used too much...?

I need to re-try this only in my oily areas and go from there. I'll update this when I get the guts up to try it again. But I'm worried about drying out my skin again :\

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by serendipity764

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am one of the oiliest people you've ever seen. You could use my forehead as a mirror. Srsly. I'm also acne prone and my pores are huge and always clogged. This is the ONLY sunscreen I've found that doesn't break me out, ACTUALLY mattifies, and has a non greasy matte finish. I still get shiny after 3 hours, but nothing on earth would take away all my shine, so this is as good as it gets, especially because sunscreen usually makes me oilier. I use this under my hourglass immaculate foundation, and I only have to blot once throughout the day at the 4 hr mark. Before I discovered these 2, I would be an oil slick in 40 minutes, no joke.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by GallardoGlam

...I'm afraid to say how much I like this for fear it will jinx the amaze results I've been having! Ok, so I am supes oily! Like...all day errr day. I have never found a product that controlled it and pretty much everything breaks me out. I have to stick to super simple products. I was afraid to try this because I thought it might break me out, however, I have been using for about a week and a half and I am IN LOVE with this stuff. After an 8 hour work day I'm slightly oily! It has made such a dramatic difference in my oil production...which also, I think is contributing to much fewer breakouts! So far so good, may be my fav ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because Sephora didn't have the Peter Thomas Roth Uber Dry SPF 30 that I've been using for the past few years. At first it seemed to do what it said in that it's mattifying and seemed to protect me from the sun, but quickly broke me out in a matter of 2-3 days. Wouldn't recommend.

I guess I'll be ordering my sunscreen online from now on.

EDIT: Upped to three lippies because when I wrote this review I think my skin was doing it's own thing, and I'm not positive this contributed to my breakouts. Sorry for confusion!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by lak47

I have oily/combination skin. This moisturizer is amazing. My face is shine free and looks healthy. It does not cause any breakouts and it does what it says. I would definitely recommend this product. My skin looks great all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by chihuaualover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am seriously in love! My mom bought this on a whim for herself and decided it was too heavily fragranced for her so she gave it to me. Let me start off by saying yes it has a smell, but the smell is fresh and is not strong (despite what my mom says). Also, I have very sensitive skin so if I do not react to the fragrance I cannot image anyone else will. My mom has severe fragrance allergies so she has a different story.

I love the fact that it has SPF 20! I have really pale skin so I have to stay as protected as I possibly can. This truly does what it claims to do, mattify for 8 hours! I am wearing it right now after 10 hours and my face is still super matte. I shouldn't admit this but my hands have been all over my face today as well (I know, I know..bad). I spent the entire day writing my thesis for one of my classes and when I get stressed I tend to lean my cheek on my hands--still matte! I have extremely oily, acne-prone skin so this is a savior. I just started using it and I hope it helps clear up my skin since my other sunscreen was very oily and contributed to a massive breakout.

Also, fair price for the size of the bottle. I was paying $38 for my previous moisturizer and it had 1.7 oz of product. This product has 1.69 oz but only cost me $22, huge savings! I love the packaging. Despite looking like a squeeze bottle, it has product controlling pump. Also, it is not in a tub, which is great because they're pools for germs.

TRY IT! Trust me, if my mom didn't buy this I would never think of buying Sephora brand anything (I looked at is as I would look drug store brands).

P.S. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS! YAY

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by glrsims

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this last week at our new in-store JCPenny Sephora and so far I'm very pleased. I have used Bobbi Brown Oil Control lotion with spf for years and it appears they've finally discontinued it for good and I was in a little bit of a panic. I need one product that lightly moisturizes, absorbs oil and has sunscreen and they're not easy to find! This appears to be an excellent replacement and it's less than half the price. It goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly leaving no residue and keeps my skin matte for hours. It doesn't cause breakouts for me, perhaps because I don't have a problem with dimethicone, perhaps because I'm in my 50's :). I'm a fan!