Almay Intense i-color Volumizing mascara - Midnight

2.8

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Worst mascara I have ever tried. It was flaking off only minutes after applying it for the first time. And, when I tried taking it off, it clumped together like gel and got in my eyes. I am going to stick with Dior, Clinique, and Estée Lauder thank you....

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't even get as far as applying this mascara to my second eye. As soon as I pulled out the wand and saw the brush, I knew it had clump potential. Way more product comes out on the brush than should. I don't know why it's so difficult for these cosmetic companies to design the tube to not allow excess product to come out on brush. But that's another topic entirely........
First off, the brush doesn't look like it does on the packaging. I was expecting big with thick bristles. Nope. It also doesn't add volume for me. I'm a one coat of mascara kind of girl. It did lengthen, but my lashes looked so thin, it doesn't matter. I personally wouldn't recommend this mascara.

Not sure how much the price was, my mom had purchased this for me so I have no idea, heard it was around $7-$8 which isn't bad for a drugstore mascara.

I honestly LOVE this mascara. I have not purchased a drugstore mascara in ages because none of them gave me those dark, volumized lashes I wanted. I have very sparse and thin lashes and I'm in love with a huge pop when it comes to mascara. This gives it to me in like 10 coats, as compared to other mascaras I'm sitting there for 20 minutes trying to get my lashes just right (ugghh lol) I'm very picky as you can tell.

I did take off a lippie because it does flake a lot, but overall this does not bother me that much, it's manageable. It has very good staying power and holds a curl, I have really oily eyelids and it doesn't budge at all, no running whatsoever. In love! Would purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Almay's I-Intense Volumizing Mascara in Midnight says that its for Hazel eyes, but my eyes are Medium Brown. It works VERY well for me in the length department. It's somewhat volumizing and I love that it's extremely dark. Others have said that it flakes alot, but for me it didn't. I don't know if me using Maybelline's Lash Blast (in the chunky orange tube) after the I-Intense plays a role in that. This Almay mascara is my HG mascara! It was four bucks at Kroger's with a four dollar off coupon. It would've been worth the eight bucks, though. It holds the length and curl very well.

This is a good basic mascara. It doesn't smudge. It flakes minimally (I touch it up once, maybe twice for a really long day and I'm good). It lengthens way better than it thickens. Matter of fact, it doesn't thicken much. However, it's forgivable because it makes my lashes look long and feathery. I also noticed that my lashes were in pretty good condition after removing. I might not repurchase for a while since I have a lot of mascara to get through. Still, a nice little mascara, even if the title is misleading.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Really nothing special about this mascara, no effect I can see that is worth mentioning..I like Almay products, but this one is a flop in my views!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Bought this last week because my mom gave me a $4-off coupon on any Almay product, and since I needed mascara, I gave this one a try. Every day that I've worn it, I've thought to myself, "Throw that thing away when you get home!" This mascara flakes worse than any mascara I've ever tried. I'm not too bummed since it only cost me 97 cents after coupon, but it's still garbage. Save your money and skip this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mascara, except it flakes like crazy! I was reading the reviews for the other colors and it seems this is the only one that does that. I think I'll try a different color.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't have any problems with this mascara, unlike other reviews here! It has a big, full bristle brush that gives really good volume and length. I don't notice any flaking or smudging but I don't have oily eyelids or undereyes. This gives me everything I want in a mascara (length, volume, and separation) so I give this product 5 stars! I don't know why other people didn't like it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this at Walgreens this week because it was on a good sale. The packaging and brush was fine (it's a traditional bristle brush, not a plastic/rubbery brush). It added a little volume to my lashes. Multiple coats resulted in clumps.

The main problem with this mascara is that it flakes! It only took a few hours to see little black specks under my eyes. My eyes started getting irritated from the little flakes getting into my eyes. I used to use Almay mascaras years ago, but I haven't liked any of their recent formulas.

This stuff is going back to the store!

Popular Mascaras