December 19, 2014 | 836 users online

Cleansers - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by mas017

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that is prone to acne, especially cystic acne. I started using this before my wedding in order to try to make sure I didn't have any acne issues on the big day. This stuff is wonderful! I'm not one to spend a lot of money on beauty products, and this stuff is expensive, but I've been using it going on two years now. I'm still prone to acne, but only smaller, normal pimples with this stuff. Anytime I run out of it or don't use it for a few days, I start to get the beginnings of the cystic acne again. I start using it (in combo with the facial moisturizer), and it helps keep the cystic acne at bay and seems to prevent it from getting worse until it can heal. I used to have prescription creams from the dermatologist, but they were so inconvenient, expensive, skin irritating and were not nearly as effective as this. I use it twice a day along with the moisturizer - and that's it! I do occasionally use the blemish powder, and that seems to work too. There is an exfoliating cleanser I would love to try as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

This is a nice, gentle cleanser with natural ingredients and a fresh botanical smell. It's gentle even to the eye area and seems to be hydrating as it cleanses. The only reason I wouldn't purchase again is that I have tried others that I like as well for less cost, such as the Everyday Coconut line from Alaffia. For a nice non-toxic cleanser, I would recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by vaivut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in the evenings to wash my make up off and use it with my clarisonic. First of all, I don't like it that it doesn't foam. Also, it's very runny, so when I try to get it out of the tube sometimes it goes flying everywhere. It's pretty good at removing eye make up, but it doesn't make my skin feel totally clean, so I use a toner afterwards as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by KaytB

I have been using this product for years now and i absolutely love it! I do not have acne or bad skin at all, but this cleanser keeps my face clean and free of zits. I use it with my Clarisonic. I will probably never switch cleansers. This seems to work really well for skin types that do not have acne problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Xbeautybabex

I bought this as I read it was good for acne prone skin, not stripping and gentle.. Which it is except I've been using it for two weeks now and have more spots than what I started out with! At first i thought it may be my skin 'purging' but it doesn't seem to be healing only making things worse. Will alternate it with another face wash until it's gone as it was costly. Will not repurchase. Anyone have any better suggestions let me know.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Geez, I am legitly hooked on this stuff! Before I even tried this out, my face just kept breaking out with acne. I hate the times when I get hormonal acne and nothing could help it. I got this as a sample from Sephora and wow is all I can say. I haven't even used this for a week and my acne has already cleared up. I am so amazed and I will spend the $20 because it works so well. I love that it doesn't have harsh ingredients like most other cleansers. I use it just at night because it dries out my skin when I use it twice a day. This is my legit HOLY GRAIL cleanser!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is good, non-irritating, very gentle, non-drying but it doesn't remove all my eye makeup. It takes off most of it, but I am always left with some smudges. I have to use a face wipe to take off my eye makeup when I use this wash. I am allergic to this wash but that didn't affect my rating, it's a very gentle wash but it simply isn't spectacular. I would use a toner afterwards and still have makeup on my face. It was a good morning cleanser because it was so gentle and I didn't have any makeup on, but for a night cleanser it wasn't tough enough. It smells very earthy, not a bad thing, it's kind of soothing and it's certainly not a harsh perfume smell (which I can't stand). Overall it's a good cleanser for no-makeup days or mornings.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this cleanser. I've been using it for about 6 months and I'm almost out, but I think it still has a good couple of weeks left. I have dry skin and so it's always a balance with finding a non drying cleanser that will actually cleanse the skin. I use makeup remover for my eye makeup and wash the rest of my face with this and while it doesn't remove 100%, it get virtually all of it and doesn't strip my skin of the little bit of oil that I actually have. I use this in coniunction with bare minerals ourely nourishing cream. I don't think $20 is too bad for 6 months + of product. I may switch to a cheaper cleanser, but I'm scared of "fixing what's not broken" and ending up with a bad product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by sarahleia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is my #2 favorite. It is an excellent value and non irritating on my skin. However I do not think it cleanses as well as others. I feel that i may still have makeup left on my face after I use it. I think it may be perfect for those that use Bare Minerals make up as that seems to wash off easier than my heavy liquid foundation. The product is a bit runny and thin and the pump seems to get gunky on the tip pretty often causing it to squirt in random directions.