January 30, 2015 | 1095 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light No SPF

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 7:06:00 PM More reviews by beth6644

This stuff is great if applied correctly. Here's what I do: after light moisturizer and sunblock, mix a drop of foundation with a drop of EL Illuminator and apply lightly with a damp foundation brush or sponge only where needed to even out your skin tone. Voila. Instant dewiness and luminosity. Do NOT apply straight out of the tube or with your fingers. It's way too heavy. Will definitely repurchase. Also great packaging - a handy, take anywhere tube. For reference, I'm Intensity 1.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 12:08:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Estee Lauder disappointed me by discontinuing their Maximum Coverage concealer and then not providing a suitable substitute. I bought this product to see if maybe I could use it in conjunction with a high-coverage concealer and recreate the ease and coverage of the discontinued product. Nope. I’m super pale, use “Intensity .5” (oxymoron?), and this doesn’t do anything on my skin. I like the creamy feel, but it covers absolutely nothing. My skin remains tired and blotchy on those tired and blotchy days, and this doesn’t make a single dent on dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by tab624

Love love love this. I have acne prone, sensitive, dry in the morning, oily in the afternoon skin lol. This keeps the oilies at bay all day long, does not break me out, and has pretty good coverage. I just wish it would come in a pump instead of plastic tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by banu79

i am really in love with this foundation. i've been using it since 3 months almost everyday.my skin is combination to oily.i get oily on my tzone,apples of my cheeks through the day.it was same with all foundation i've used.but this one kinda solved my problem. it is not too matte and also not too glowy.i like matte makeup but this doesnt bother me cause its so natural looking. its medium to high coverage.second layer really hides all imperfections in a natural way. i am n18 in mac prolongwear foundation and nw20 in mac prolongwear concealer and intensity 2.0 is a good match for me.if you are 10 or 15; 1.0 is the best i think. i am usually the lightest shade in drugstrore foundation. i really couldnt find any samples when i decided to buy so searched alot.i hope i could help about colour selection.however it is not so affordable.so i am looking for dupes but till i find this is the one..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

Great everyday foundation. Im a NC40 and Intensity 3 is the best match and a tinge lighter(3.5 is darker). Foundation itself has a natural "glowy" look without being dewy so I loved it. It seriously brightens up the face and looks natural, yet gives medium coverage that covers up dark circles, acne etc. Personally didn't like the matte finish of the original double wear and this one is amazing for someone who wants an amazing everyday foundation that is good coverage and great finish. Also, this lasts FOREVER; hence why I bought it. I would wear this for 10 hours somedays- still looked flawless at the end of the day. Packaging is no mess and easy to use which I loved. Will definitely repurchase.
The only people I can imagine having a problem with this is the finish - if you want extremely matte or dewy finish, this isnt for you. And shades are very forgiving but very limited too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by stls

Ok, let me start by saying that the original ELDWL is my holy grail foundation for a more polished look and nights out. I just panicked when I read about the discontinuation but tried the new one anyway.

I have already written my review on the original. The only minor drawback was that intensity 1 was a tad darker and warmer than my skin color. Lo and behold, the color in the new version is just PERFECT! Not a major difference, I just find it a tinge lighter and more neutral than the previous, it would still work equally good for those that used it previously. Also is it me or the just looks more natural than before? Either it has less matte coverage or it's just the better color match. It still has great longevity, controls oil and applies nicely with a stippling brush.

Thumbs up from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by GetThatGlow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your thinking of making this as your next purchase DO!!!! I loooove this stuff its my new HG foundation! If your not a fan of the original DW well don't let that makeup your mind about this. I have very sensitive skin everything breaks me out on top of that I have dry and oily skin both, this stuff is AMAZInG for me!!! It covers mediocre acne, its light enough for everyday wear, and last all day but doesn't dry out my skin. I also recommend this to my mom who isn't a fan of the original DW because it breaks her out however she tried this and is in love!!! Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the original DW but the DW light is even better!! My skin looks natural and flawless!!! If your not wanting to touch up your makeup all day this is it and I don't even use powder!!! Do give this a try!!! You won't regret!!! I made an account just to rave about this product!! Estee Lauder keep on rockin!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i bought it due to the good ratings but it is so UNBELIEVABLY THICK AND DRY. my skin cant breathe using this and it accentuates dry flakes/patches. true it provides good coverage but what doesnt when it is so thick??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this for a few days now and I really like it. My skin is always shiny, either oily or from sunscreen, and this is a great solution for that. I start with a little bit and keep building. It doesn't look fake or too matte. It also lasts the whole day!!! I usually use Lancome powder and I always have to retouch, so this stuff is fantastic in comparison. The color also stays true to what comes from the bottle. It doesn't turn different on my face at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I believe this foundation is the greatest thing of all time. I do sometimes cheat on it and try others but when I do it only confims that this is the best choice for me. Good color match for me, looks natural, and keeps me shine free for hours. On top of this it does not break me out and wears forever. I am also a fan of regular Double Wear but only when I want very full coverage which is not often. If you have oily skin, need long wear and like a natural light to medium coverage then I recomend this.