Estee Lauder Double Wear Light No SPF

3.9

Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't really prefer liquid foundations because I don't like the feeling of a "coating" all over my face, however as I am now 33.. Powder foundations sometimes settle in fine lines so I thought I would try this. I was hoping for decent coverage without looking like a mask. The coverage was ok, but needed two layers for decent coverage and I definitely had to set with a powder as it was shiny after application. At lunch time I looked in the mirror and I looked oily :/ I will be going back to my Jane Iredale mineral pressed powder foundation- seems to control oil and keep me looking fresh longer. Glad I got a sample of this first.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Glad I got a sample -- with my usual sunscreen underneath I got no more oil control than Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless. There aren't a lot of color options but I'm a level 2 in this one. Even with my trusty Colorstay powder over it, I still get shine breakthrough in about 2 hours. This version lacks the formidable oil control and staying power of the original Double Wear. It applies beautifully but for its lack of oil control and fading I'm glad I didn't fork over full price!

The color is messed up - #1 is like an NC30 and very orange, once it oxidized it's even worse.

Nice coverage though

I have used this for a long time but the colors are never quite right, plus it breaks me out. It does last well, and is great alternative to the heaviness of Double Wear if you still want long lasting product but I always have trouble blending it, I find it becomes cakey, in recent times I often end up washing it off and starting again with another product and so for that reason its gone to the bottom of my make up draw.

Next to Guerlain Lingerie De Peau this is my other HG foundation! I've been using it now for approximately 2 years and still find nothing wrong with it, doesn't cause me any breakouts, glides on easy with the right moisturizer underneath and covers very natural. The colour I use is Intensity 1.0 and matches perfectly. Lately I noticed that my skin became a bit drier which is rare for me since I've always had very oily skin but it may be related to the age factor 😊. Anyway, when I feel on certain days it's a bit too dry and the foundation won't spread as easily even with moisturizer underneath I use it more like a concealer and not all over my face. Then I apply Guerlain LDP over it iand my skin is flawless without looking cakey or like a mask. So far I've not found anything better and will continue buying it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh wow. I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I used this foundation. It is absolutely everything I've been looking for.
I had purchased the original Double Wear previously and found it too heavy, so when I discovered there was a light version, I had to try it.
It is absolutely perfect coverage, finish, shine control, yet doesn't look too heavy or make me look older. I am an NW25 and No 02 was the perfect shade for me, may have to go to O3 for the summertime. This foundation makes my skin look perfect and I feel so confident while wearing this.
Edit: It is with great sadness that I must say this is no longer my favourite foundation, at least not in the winter months. Looks dry and cakey and just plain terrible.

This stuff is great if applied correctly. Here's what I do: after light moisturizer and sunblock, mix a drop of foundation with a drop of EL Illuminator and apply lightly with a damp foundation brush or sponge only where needed to even out your skin tone. Voila. Instant dewiness and luminosity. Do NOT apply straight out of the tube or with your fingers. It's way too heavy. Will definitely repurchase. Also great packaging - a handy, take anywhere tube. For reference, I'm Intensity 1.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Estee Lauder disappointed me by discontinuing their Maximum Coverage concealer and then not providing a suitable substitute. I bought this product to see if maybe I could use it in conjunction with a high-coverage concealer and recreate the ease and coverage of the discontinued product. Nope. I’m super pale, use “Intensity .5” (oxymoron?), and this doesn’t do anything on my skin. I like the creamy feel, but it covers absolutely nothing. My skin remains tired and blotchy on those tired and blotchy days, and this doesn’t make a single dent on dark circles.

Love love love this. I have acne prone, sensitive, dry in the morning, oily in the afternoon skin lol. This keeps the oilies at bay all day long, does not break me out, and has pretty good coverage. I just wish it would come in a pump instead of plastic tube.

i am really in love with this foundation. i've been using it since 3 months almost everyday.my skin is combination to oily.i get oily on my tzone,apples of my cheeks through the day.it was same with all foundation i've used.but this one kinda solved my problem. it is not too matte and also not too glowy.i like matte makeup but this doesnt bother me cause its so natural looking. its medium to high coverage.second layer really hides all imperfections in a natural way. i am n18 in mac prolongwear foundation and nw20 in mac prolongwear concealer and intensity 2.0 is a good match for me.if you are 10 or 15; 1.0 is the best i think. i am usually the lightest shade in drugstrore foundation. i really couldnt find any samples when i decided to buy so searched alot.i hope i could help about colour selection.however it is not so affordable.so i am looking for dupes but till i find this is the one..