December 19, 2014 | 1518 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light No SPF

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by banu79

i am really in love with this foundation. i've been using it since 3 months almost everyday.my skin is combination to oily.i get oily on my tzone,apples of my cheeks through the day.it was same with all foundation i've used.but this one kinda solved my problem. it is not too matte and also not too glowy.i like matte makeup but this doesnt bother me cause its so natural looking. its medium to high coverage.second layer really hides all imperfections in a natural way. i am n18 in mac prolongwear foundation and nw20 in mac prolongwear concealer and intensity 2.0 is a good match for me.if you are 10 or 15; 1.0 is the best i think. i am usually the lightest shade in drugstrore foundation. i really couldnt find any samples when i decided to buy so searched alot.i hope i could help about colour selection.however it is not so affordable.so i am looking for dupes but till i find this is the one..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

Great everyday foundation. Im a NC40 and Intensity 3 is the best match and a tinge lighter(3.5 is darker). Foundation itself has a natural "glowy" look without being dewy so I loved it. It seriously brightens up the face and looks natural, yet gives medium coverage that covers up dark circles, acne etc. Personally didn't like the matte finish of the original double wear and this one is amazing for someone who wants an amazing everyday foundation that is good coverage and great finish. Also, this lasts FOREVER; hence why I bought it. I would wear this for 10 hours somedays- still looked flawless at the end of the day. Packaging is no mess and easy to use which I loved. Will definitely repurchase.
The only people I can imagine having a problem with this is the finish - if you want extremely matte or dewy finish, this isnt for you. And shades are very forgiving but very limited too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by stls

Ok, let me start by saying that the original ELDWL is my holy grail foundation for a more polished look and nights out. I just panicked when I read about the discontinuation but tried the new one anyway.

I have already written my review on the original. The only minor drawback was that intensity 1 was a tad darker and warmer than my skin color. Lo and behold, the color in the new version is just PERFECT! Not a major difference, I just find it a tinge lighter and more neutral than the previous, it would still work equally good for those that used it previously. Also is it me or the just looks more natural than before? Either it has less matte coverage or it's just the better color match. It still has great longevity, controls oil and applies nicely with a stippling brush.

Thumbs up from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by GetThatGlow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your thinking of making this as your next purchase DO!!!! I loooove this stuff its my new HG foundation! If your not a fan of the original DW well don't let that makeup your mind about this. I have very sensitive skin everything breaks me out on top of that I have dry and oily skin both, this stuff is AMAZInG for me!!! It covers mediocre acne, its light enough for everyday wear, and last all day but doesn't dry out my skin. I also recommend this to my mom who isn't a fan of the original DW because it breaks her out however she tried this and is in love!!! Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the original DW but the DW light is even better!! My skin looks natural and flawless!!! If your not wanting to touch up your makeup all day this is it and I don't even use powder!!! Do give this a try!!! You won't regret!!! I made an account just to rave about this product!! Estee Lauder keep on rockin!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i bought it due to the good ratings but it is so UNBELIEVABLY THICK AND DRY. my skin cant breathe using this and it accentuates dry flakes/patches. true it provides good coverage but what doesnt when it is so thick??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this for a few days now and I really like it. My skin is always shiny, either oily or from sunscreen, and this is a great solution for that. I start with a little bit and keep building. It doesn't look fake or too matte. It also lasts the whole day!!! I usually use Lancome powder and I always have to retouch, so this stuff is fantastic in comparison. The color also stays true to what comes from the bottle. It doesn't turn different on my face at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I believe this foundation is the greatest thing of all time. I do sometimes cheat on it and try others but when I do it only confims that this is the best choice for me. Good color match for me, looks natural, and keeps me shine free for hours. On top of this it does not break me out and wears forever. I am also a fan of regular Double Wear but only when I want very full coverage which is not often. If you have oily skin, need long wear and like a natural light to medium coverage then I recomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by six30

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Estee Lauder, Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup is the best foundation I've ever used for my sensitive combo skin - and I've tried a lot of them!

Looks terrific on as it blends beautifully leaving a fresh, soft finish. Lasts all day needing only a bit of finishing powder on my t-zone. Great colour match as well (Intensity 1.0 equal to MAC NC20, MUF Ivory 20).

Buildable coverage, long wearing, oil-free and transfer-resistant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Natural Finish
I have tried foundations and BB creams from EL, Lancome, Laura Mercier, Bobbie Brown, Chanel, Armani,... you get the picture. The regular DW is too chalky-looking on me, but the Light verision is dang-near perfect. Shade 3 is a neutral shade that covers my redness without looking cakey or shiny. It's not unusual for me to need powder on my t-zone, but I don't need any with this foundation. The finish is natural - no JLo glow, no sparkles. This is the best foundation I have ever tried.
* Why did it take me so long to try this foundation? The first time I tried it, I was matched with 3.5 which was too orange for me. I thought all of the shades would be yellow-orange, so I did not look again until recently. I am glad I tried again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by hazeleyes1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG material. Fabulous coverage (medium buildable to full - NOT light). Dewy but not oily/shiny looking. Does not look or feel cake or heavy despite having excellent coverage. I wear it with EL luminous primer and/or a BB cream underneath. Only need a small amount for the perfect finish. For reference, I'm an NC35 in the winter, NC37-40 in the summer and as I have a bit of a tan now I'm wearing ELDW Light in Intensity 3. However, this same shade seemed to also work for me when I had less color to my skin, without looking like I spray-tanned my face. I just keep going back to this, for good reason. Check it out if you haven't already!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No