April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's not a bad mascara but I don't think I would buy it again. I do want to try some of the other WnW mascara formulas now.

Good, though not super dark, pigmentation. Adds a nice bit of volume and length; overall provides a pretty, feathery lash look. Not great for holding curl. Doesn't make lashes clump together but sometimes I do get small mascara crumbs I have to comb off. Lasts all day without melting, flaking, or smudging. Formula is more on the dry than wet side. Not difficult to remove, and doesn't require makeup remover.

Decent brush; regular bristle, not plastic/rubber. Average size and straight, but tapers a bit toward the end.

Packaging is fine and price is good. I got it for $4.29 at Walgreen's. An overall good if basic mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

I love this mascara so much! It is cheap and simple, and really volumizes your lashes! The only downside would be the brush. Clumping can be an issue sometimes due to the massive size of the brush but overall I love this product and recommend it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow...wow...wow. who would have thought wet n wild is game for having affordable and well performing mascara. i bought mega impact because i was short in cash. at 2.99 why not. it bew my mind. i would call this mascara maybelline's colossal mascara cousin. it has the same attributes: thickening, adds some volume. this is a great mascara for both daytime and nightime. it wont add alot of leght, but it does a hell of a job of making your eyelashes appear nice and thick sans spiderlash syndrome. one piece of advice: work the comb slowly from root to lash. 100% satisfied and highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Guerashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it adds lots of impact , but product finishes fast

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Not a bad mascara, but nothing special either. It did significantly lengthen and thicken, but it did so unevenly and led to a little clumping. Brush is ok. Good if you want a one or two natural, but darker coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Rikki1290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It really isn't a bad mascara. It adds volume and length but it's not extreme. It's more for a natural look. This isn't my favorite WnW mascara so I think you should check out their MegaVolume and MegaLength because separate AND together they look amazing <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Anon00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is not great, but not terrible.

This was my first Wet 'n Wild mascara and I picked it up on a whim -- why not?

Note: Before I use any mascara, I precede it by using my Shiseido mascara base. It is excellent and making almost any mascara look great.

After applying my mascara base, the Wet n' Wild Mega Impact mascara doesn't look bad. It definitely adds volume and length, but not like some other mascaras like Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. Still, for the price ($4?) it wasn't bad at all. One thing to note, however, is that after a few weeks, the black print on the orange tube started to rub off on my fingers. Nothing that a little water doesn't wash off, but it was slightly annoying.

I enjoy exploring mascaras, and I think this one wasn't bad. To be honest, I think it's better than Dior Show! Dior Show dries so easily, which also results in very annoying packaging -- it clumps up at the opening of the tube and I find that I use it much less because of that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Great: color payoff, big brush, thickening power, packaging and price.
Not great: lasting power, clumped up the second day I opened the tube, no noticeable elongation and crushed the curl nearly immediately.

I thought the product was okay. Not close to any of the other mascaras I've tried, but not the bottom-of-the-barrel. NOT indicative of the brand, the Wet 'n' Wild Mega Length mascara is fabulous for the price, but doesn't have lots of thickening power without a primer or another mascara over it. The clumping killed all that this had going for it. Ewww, spiderlegs!