July 23, 2014 | 1274 users online

Bronzers - Essence - Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by funfunfun123

This is such an affordable matte bronzer! I know some people may find it too orange for contouring, but I find it perfect for warming up the face - just under/on the cheekbones, around the temples, down the neck etc. The plastic packaging is quite flimsy and don't shut properly for me. However, I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Sun2shine

I use the matt bronzing powders daily! I love them so much because not only are they cheap, but they are just as good as most higher end bronzers I've tried. I would compare this to Macs studio carebled/pressed powder in the color medium dark. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a nice matt finish and a beautiful looking summer glow!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-blends easily
-smells nice (Pina Coladas!)
-Matte
-non-cakey
-cheap

Cons:
-It was too orange
-Broke me out.

I want to address the last point about it breaking me out. I'm not saying that this is going to break everyone out but people with sensitive/acne prone skin need to watch out for makeup products which contain the ingredient MICA. Mica can be a skin irritant and it certainly is for me( I have a highlighter which contains Mica and that breaks me out hideously as well). Mica is listed as the third ingredient in this product, so if you know you are sensitive to Mica,or have sensitive skin in general, I would not purchase.

****I have added the ingredients on this page for reference!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The formula on this bronzer is pretty good! It doesn't go on patchy, doesn't look cakey and it blends well.
The scent isn't too strong.. but it's still too much for me. It has a pina-colada fragrance.
I also think the colours are a bit off.. Especially the one for blondes. It's definitely not pink enough for my skin.
I'm not going to keep using mine. But if the colour works for you and you don't mind the smell then go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I accidentally bought the brunette version and it is slightly orangey which I hate but if applied correctly and lightly it still gives a lovely bronzed effect. I probably will purchase the blonde version after this is done since I am fair and naturally blonde. overall great product. Smells softly like coconut, good staying power, easily blendable and swatched side by side with my hoola they are quite similar...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG bronzer!

I'm surprised at all the reviews saying how orange this is...mine was not orange at all..it was neutral-yellow toned.

I got the Sun Club for blondes, I'm very fair, NC 15-20 right in between, I know orange when I see it, this bronzer on my skin does now show up as orange.
My previous bronzer that I used was NYC Sunny, that bronzer on my skin showed up very orange and also very dark. I'v grown to dislike it a lot because it was very hard to blend and it was so dark..there was no way I could make it look natural on my skin, pure orange/dark bronzer, it was like 5 shades too dark and it was soo noticeable on my very fair skin.

This bronzer is very lovely, the color is really nice, the smell is really nice like vanilla or coconut. and it's like butter! it blends soo easily into the skin, very natural looking/undetectable I'v never had problems with streaking or leaving bronzer lines anywhere on my face or neck area..it's the perfect bronzer for me. It goes on very subtle, if I build it up it still looks nice and natural, you just can't tell that I'm wearing bronzer! that's what I love about it :) great for contouring too! goes on very light and blends really well with my skin tone just giving it that hint of color unless I apply more, I love this one so much, thank you MUA for recommending it to me :)
I'm very happy with this bronzer when I compare it to my NYC I think what possessed me to use NYC all this time? I always thought NYC was the perfect bronzer..but def. not for me.

This is my HG bronzer, and it was just over $5 at Shoppers Drug Mart :)

I will def. repurchase this one again, love it! and it's a great size! this thing is huge :)
love love love it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Dwaryy

I found it a bit to orange for my fair skin. Won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sakura4869

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this stuff as soon as I tried it on! I got it in sunny, and it's just perfect. it's not the best bronzer out there, but it is great.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

my shade is 01 natural-for blondes.it's a bit orange for my skintone but it's is okay for such a cheep product,it blends very well.
it has a coconut smell.
i bought 0.52oz/15g for about 5€.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

My skin is around NC 27-30. I bought this bronzer when I went to ulta. Mine is in the shade "for blondes" the lighter one. I wear Korean bb cream and I use this bronzer to warm up my complexion so my face won't look like a geisha. I'm not into contouring even tho I have a round face :p but I can say that if you really packed on this powder the color can look orange-y. So I don't recommend this as a contour but if your face is lighter than your body like me and you'll love this powder bronzer because its matte and the texture is so smooth. It also has the scent of toasted coconut,I don't mind it personally. I'm still in the hunt of my HG bronzer but this one is definitely one of my favorite.