Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

3.7

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Mrysitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Ansic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (rangrance, Coumarin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a amazing bronzer its NOT ORANGE its very bronzie, you can build it up or sheer it out, (if you want to sheer it out just put less on your brush) i recommend it for every one!!!!!! Its my holy grail drugstore bronzer, go out and buy it now you will not regret it!!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This comes in two shades: For Blondes/Lighter Skin(01), and For Brunettes/Darker Skin(02). I use 01 For Blondes/Lighter Skin.

This bronzer is absolutely lovely; it's lighter than a lot of other light bronzers on the market which is great for those of us who are really pale. I have neutral to cool undertones, and this does pull a tad bit warm on me but it isn't so warm or orange that I can't use it. The color is super buildable; and the powder itself is very soft and smooth. The powder does have a coconut smell to it; but I personally don't notice the smell once the product is on my face.

I personally can't use this as a contour powder since it does pull warm on me; but I do use it to warm up my face and blend between my blush and contour which looks lovely.

You get a large amount of product; and for only $5 at Ulta it really is a good value.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought a whole bunch of bronzers lately as I wanted to use them instead of contour. I love the look of this one especially. It is shade 01 for blondes and gives a nice subtle contour when used on the cheekbones and jaw. In the summer I am just using it instead of blush. It goes on easily with an angled brush and looks completely natural. You don't have to spend forever buffing it to make it look right, as you do with many overly dark contours and bronzers. Also there is no glitter and no orange to it. As a bonus it has a light scent of coconut and it comes in a huge compact so it will last a long time.

Update Jan 23/16: I just saw that this photographs completely orange and therefore it is unacceptable. I have to throw it out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

the only bronzers I've ever really used and liked were exorbitantly inexpensive. One was (thankfully,) limited edition Chanel, and the other was MAC golden (kept breaking on me in the compact.) fellow NW20 girls out there might understand my difficulty with finding a suitable bronzer. (MUA problems, right?)

Anyway. I like essence products, and I happen to love this stuff. You know how sometimes you find a powder that works with any brush, and you don't have to look in the mirror to know that it made you look a little better? That's what this is for me. The fact that it's stupidly cheap, comes in a massive compact, and smells like the beach...wow. So sold.

(Ps I have the "for blondes", shade 01 version, even though I'm most definitely brunette.)

My skin is fair and quite sensitive and I have been wearing Physicians Formula "Organic Wear" and Jane bronzers in their lightest shades for years because they gave me a natural-looking, light tan/warmth without irritating my skin. When Ulta discontinued carrying Jane products again, I decided to give this a try and I am so happy I did.

I got the "blondes" shade and it works well for my pale skin. I think all the reviewers saying this product is very orange probably are referring to the darker, "brunettes" shade - this looks fairly natural. It can tend toward the orange side a teeny bit but definitely doesn't venture into oompa-loompa status. The color adds a hint of warmth to the skin without looking obviously fake or overly tan. Totally matte finish, no glitter, but not cakey looking.

Further, the powder is soft and blends easily. Many of the cheaper bronzers, like NYC Sunny, tend to have an okay color but blend really poorly and end up looking muddy. Not so with this compact, which blends softly and evenly with the stroke of a big brush.

It's a huge compact and will probably last for months - all for $5! The powder has s light, pleasant dead-on coconut oil scent. The packaging/design are chintzy and too youthful but WHO CARES?! This bronzer lasts for hours without oxidizing or fading away and causes even my overly sensitive skin very little irritation.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Smells good but didnt show up on my skin . Ended up tossing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in blonde and its the perfect bronzer shade. I agree that the shade brunette or medium is way too orange so watch out for that. Other than that it's really good and it smells great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading so many great reviews, i finally went out and bought this bronzer and I've got to say, I'm impressed! The first thing i noticed upon trying it out was the smell. Oh. My. God. This stuff smells like coconuts and summer! It's a bit talcy, but that's my only complaint. it's got a very fine-ground texture and gives off a nice matte finish. I bought the only 2 colours available (a very light one and a medium brown). I'm pretty fair in the winter, so i like to use the lighter one to me a bit of colour and the darker one when i want a slight contour.
The packaging, however, is a different story. The plastic looks cheap and the compact breaks and scratches easily. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about what it comes in though, because it really is a great product; especially for the price!

Like all the other reviews state, yes, it does have some orange tint to it. Depending on your skin tone it is either a hit or a miss. 4.99 CAD Its worth a try. Doesn't break me out and the coconut smell is really a bonus. I use it to warm up my complexion, not so much for contouring. I would purchase again but I wan try NYC Bronzer in Sunny. So for now, I'm still on the hunt for my HG, but this will do until then.

Orange. All I can say, best thing about this is the smell, thank god it didn't cost much.

Top Rated Essence Products