January 29, 2015 | 1961 users online

Bronzers - Essence - Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2015 6:21:00 AM More reviews by tfimakeuo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Orange. All I can say, best thing about this is the smell, thank god it didn't cost much.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2015 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Am I the only one that found this bronzer too orangey? It's such a shame because the formula is so silky...

I'm warm/olive toned with fair skin so it's near impossible to find a bronzer for me. NYC's Sunny and Benefit's Hoola looks orange on me as well..

I think if you struggle with this problem also it's best to find a warm toned dark (3-4 shades darker) powder to use as a bronzer/contour. I've recently switched over and it ensures that there's zero orange/pink tones that way.

I hope I helped somebody with the same problem =)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by danielled65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So nice! I'm very fair so contour powders are just a no go for me and its so hard to find a powder that wont look like a big brown patch on my cheeks but this works amazingly! I don't use it to bronze up my skin as I like glowy bronzers but its the perfect product for sculpting out my cheek bones:) plus it smells like coconuts which I love but if you don't like the smell of coconut I wouldnt recommend it. plus its on 4.99 which is a gods send compared to my anastastia contour powder that doesnt look near as natural as this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by meredithcook1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I luv this bronzer. Looks natural and smells good! Also lasts all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by BridgetV11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first ever product to give me an allergic reaction. I do not have sensitive skin and have tried many a budget beauty product with no problem. I've even used other Essence products with no reaction.

However, when I applied this bronzer (on face and neck) my neck skin started almost immediately itching. I didn't really think anything of it and kept applying makeup, but after about 30 seconds I looked down to see my entire neck broken out with red blotches. I cleansed my neck, removing the bronzer and in about 10 minutes the skin had calmed down.

Needless to say, I won't be using this product anymore. Good thing it was only $4.99. Also, wasn't a huge fan of the perfumed smell. Why does it have to smell like coconuts.

I wish I hadn't had a reaction, however, because the color/matte finish was quite nice and I probably would've used the entire compact. So if you don't break out from it - I think it could be quite a nice bronzer and much cheaper than most others!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupjenn

this bronzer smells amazing but is way too orange to be used. maybe with another one for some warmth, but on it's own I just looked orange and horrible......it also began to break my skin out. so now it just sits there and I smell it occasionally....lol

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I am brunette, but when I swatched the "blonde" and "brunette," the brunette was a tad on the orange side (and the blonde was near invisible). Both are smooth and blendable, but I don't like to use them for contouring because it isn't an accurate "shadow" tone, it's definitely a beachy-tan look. It looks good just dusted across the cheeks, in my opinion!

I was really excited to find a matte bronzer for around 5$. AND it's a large amount of product. It's actually an obnoxiously large circle, which is only annoying for travel.

Note- it has a pretty strong scent that smells just like Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen which I love! I haven't noticed that it lingers after you apply it, though, so you don't have to worry about smelling like the beach all day long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really like this powder. I use it as a powder in the summer time. I have a medium complexion and use this just lightly all over and it has a nice natural appearance on the skin.
I use the blondes shade because it has a similar color to my skin tone.
I do not use this as a bronzer or to contour.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by funfunfun123

This is such an affordable matte bronzer! I know some people may find it too orange for contouring, but I find it perfect for warming up the face - just under/on the cheekbones, around the temples, down the neck etc. The plastic packaging is quite flimsy and don't shut properly for me. However, I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Sun2shine

I use the matt bronzing powders daily! I love them so much because not only are they cheap, but they are just as good as most higher end bronzers I've tried. I would compare this to Macs studio carebled/pressed powder in the color medium dark. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a nice matt finish and a beautiful looking summer glow!