November 28, 2014 | 1794 users online

Bronzers - Essence - Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by danielled65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So nice! I'm very fair so contour powders are just a no go for me and its so hard to find a powder that wont look like a big brown patch on my cheeks but this works amazingly! I don't use it to bronze up my skin as I like glowy bronzers but its the perfect product for sculpting out my cheek bones:) plus it smells like coconuts which I love but if you don't like the smell of coconut I wouldnt recommend it. plus its on 4.99 which is a gods send compared to my anastastia contour powder that doesnt look near as natural as this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by meredithcook1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I luv this bronzer. Looks natural and smells good! Also lasts all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by BridgetV11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first ever product to give me an allergic reaction. I do not have sensitive skin and have tried many a budget beauty product with no problem. I've even used other Essence products with no reaction.

However, when I applied this bronzer (on face and neck) my neck skin started almost immediately itching. I didn't really think anything of it and kept applying makeup, but after about 30 seconds I looked down to see my entire neck broken out with red blotches. I cleansed my neck, removing the bronzer and in about 10 minutes the skin had calmed down.

Needless to say, I won't be using this product anymore. Good thing it was only $4.99. Also, wasn't a huge fan of the perfumed smell. Why does it have to smell like coconuts.

I wish I hadn't had a reaction, however, because the color/matte finish was quite nice and I probably would've used the entire compact. So if you don't break out from it - I think it could be quite a nice bronzer and much cheaper than most others!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupjenn

this bronzer smells amazing but is way too orange to be used. maybe with another one for some warmth, but on it's own I just looked orange and horrible......it also began to break my skin out. so now it just sits there and I smell it occasionally....lol

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I am brunette, but when I swatched the "blonde" and "brunette," the brunette was a tad on the orange side (and the blonde was near invisible). Both are smooth and blendable, but I don't like to use them for contouring because it isn't an accurate "shadow" tone, it's definitely a beachy-tan look. It looks good just dusted across the cheeks, in my opinion!

I was really excited to find a matte bronzer for around 5$. AND it's a large amount of product. It's actually an obnoxiously large circle, which is only annoying for travel.

Note- it has a pretty strong scent that smells just like Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen which I love! I haven't noticed that it lingers after you apply it, though, so you don't have to worry about smelling like the beach all day long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really like this powder. I use it as a powder in the summer time. I have a medium complexion and use this just lightly all over and it has a nice natural appearance on the skin.
I use the blondes shade because it has a similar color to my skin tone.
I do not use this as a bronzer or to contour.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by funfunfun123

This is such an affordable matte bronzer! I know some people may find it too orange for contouring, but I find it perfect for warming up the face - just under/on the cheekbones, around the temples, down the neck etc. The plastic packaging is quite flimsy and don't shut properly for me. However, I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Sun2shine

I use the matt bronzing powders daily! I love them so much because not only are they cheap, but they are just as good as most higher end bronzers I've tried. I would compare this to Macs studio carebled/pressed powder in the color medium dark. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a nice matt finish and a beautiful looking summer glow!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-blends easily
-smells nice (Pina Coladas!)
-Matte
-non-cakey
-cheap

Cons:
-It was too orange
-Broke me out.

I want to address the last point about it breaking me out. I'm not saying that this is going to break everyone out but people with sensitive/acne prone skin need to watch out for makeup products which contain the ingredient MICA. Mica can be a skin irritant and it certainly is for me( I have a highlighter which contains Mica and that breaks me out hideously as well). Mica is listed as the third ingredient in this product, so if you know you are sensitive to Mica,or have sensitive skin in general, I would not purchase.

****I have added the ingredients on this page for reference!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The formula on this bronzer is pretty good! It doesn't go on patchy, doesn't look cakey and it blends well.
The scent isn't too strong.. but it's still too much for me. It has a pina-colada fragrance.
I also think the colours are a bit off.. Especially the one for blondes. It's definitely not pink enough for my skin.
I'm not going to keep using mine. But if the colour works for you and you don't mind the smell then go for it!