Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

3.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Mrysitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Ansic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (rangrance, Coumarin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/3/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Smells good but didnt show up on my skin . Ended up tossing.

on 2/20/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in blonde and its the perfect bronzer shade. I agree that the shade brunette or medium is way too orange so watch out for that. Other than that it's really good and it smells great.

on 2/19/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading so many great reviews, i finally went out and bought this bronzer and I've got to say, I'm impressed! The first thing i noticed upon trying it out was the smell. Oh. My. God. This stuff smells like coconuts and summer! It's a bit talcy, but that's my only complaint. it's got a very fine-ground texture and gives off a nice matte finish. I bought the only 2 colours available (a very light one and a medium brown). I'm pretty fair in the winter, so i like to use the lighter one to me a bit of colour and the darker one when i want a slight contour.
The packaging, however, is a different story. The plastic looks cheap and the compact breaks and scratches easily. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about what it comes in though, because it really is a great product; especially for the price!

Like all the other reviews state, yes, it does have some orange tint to it. Depending on your skin tone it is either a hit or a miss. 4.99 CAD Its worth a try. Doesn't break me out and the coconut smell is really a bonus. I use it to warm up my complexion, not so much for contouring. I would purchase again but I wan try NYC Bronzer in Sunny. So for now, I'm still on the hunt for my HG, but this will do until then.

on 1/25/2015 6:21:00 AM

Orange. All I can say, best thing about this is the smell, thank god it didn't cost much.

on 1/24/2015 9:51:00 PM

Am I the only one that found this bronzer too orangey? It's such a shame because the formula is so silky...

I'm warm/olive toned with fair skin so it's near impossible to find a bronzer for me. NYC's Sunny and Benefit's Hoola looks orange on me as well..

I think if you struggle with this problem also it's best to find a warm toned dark (3-4 shades darker) powder to use as a bronzer/contour. I've recently switched over and it ensures that there's zero orange/pink tones that way.

I hope I helped somebody with the same problem =)

on 11/10/2014 7:48:00 PM

So nice! I'm very fair so contour powders are just a no go for me and its so hard to find a powder that wont look like a big brown patch on my cheeks but this works amazingly! I don't use it to bronze up my skin as I like glowy bronzers but its the perfect product for sculpting out my cheek bones:) plus it smells like coconuts which I love but if you don't like the smell of coconut I wouldnt recommend it. plus its on 4.99 which is a gods send compared to my anastastia contour powder that doesnt look near as natural as this does.

I luv this bronzer. Looks natural and smells good! Also lasts all day.

on 8/19/2014 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the first ever product to give me an allergic reaction. I do not have sensitive skin and have tried many a budget beauty product with no problem. I've even used other Essence products with no reaction.

However, when I applied this bronzer (on face and neck) my neck skin started almost immediately itching. I didn't really think anything of it and kept applying makeup, but after about 30 seconds I looked down to see my entire neck broken out with red blotches. I cleansed my neck, removing the bronzer and in about 10 minutes the skin had calmed down.

Needless to say, I won't be using this product anymore. Good thing it was only $4.99. Also, wasn't a huge fan of the perfumed smell. Why does it have to smell like coconuts.

I wish I hadn't had a reaction, however, because the color/matte finish was quite nice and I probably would've used the entire compact. So if you don't break out from it - I think it could be quite a nice bronzer and much cheaper than most others!

on 8/14/2014 2:50:00 PM

this bronzer smells amazing but is way too orange to be used. maybe with another one for some warmth, but on it's own I just looked orange and horrible......it also began to break my skin out. so now it just sits there and I smell it occasionally....lol

Popular Bronzers