Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

3.7

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Mrysitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Ansic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (rangrance, Coumarin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

the only bronzers I've ever really used and liked were exorbitantly inexpensive. One was (thankfully,) limited edition Chanel, and the other was MAC golden (kept breaking on me in the compact.) fellow NW20 girls out there might understand my difficulty with finding a suitable bronzer. (MUA problems, right?)

Anyway. I like essence products, and I happen to love this stuff. You know how sometimes you find a powder that works with any brush, and you don't have to look in the mirror to know that it made you look a little better? That's what this is for me. The fact that it's stupidly cheap, comes in a massive compact, and smells like the beach...wow. So sold.

(Ps I have the "for blondes", shade 01 version, even though I'm most definitely brunette.)

on 4/6/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My skin is fair and quite sensitive and I have been wearing Physicians Formula "Organic Wear" and Jane bronzers in their lightest shades for years because they gave me a natural-looking, light tan/warmth without irritating my skin. When Ulta discontinued carrying Jane products again, I decided to give this a try and I am so happy I did.

I got the "blondes" shade and it works well for my pale skin. I think all the reviewers saying this product is very orange probably are referring to the darker, "brunettes" shade - this looks fairly natural. It can tend toward the orange side a teeny bit but definitely doesn't venture into oompa-loompa status. The color adds a hint of warmth to the skin without looking obviously fake or overly tan. Totally matte finish, no glitter, but not cakey looking.

Further, the powder is soft and blends easily. Many of the cheaper bronzers, like NYC Sunny, tend to have an okay color but blend really poorly and end up looking muddy. Not so with this compact, which blends softly and evenly with the stroke of a big brush.

It's a huge compact and will probably last for months - all for $5! The powder has s light, pleasant dead-on coconut oil scent. The packaging/design are chintzy and too youthful but WHO CARES?! This bronzer lasts for hours without oxidizing or fading away and causes even my overly sensitive skin very little irritation.

on 3/3/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Smells good but didnt show up on my skin . Ended up tossing.

on 2/20/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in blonde and its the perfect bronzer shade. I agree that the shade brunette or medium is way too orange so watch out for that. Other than that it's really good and it smells great.

on 2/19/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading so many great reviews, i finally went out and bought this bronzer and I've got to say, I'm impressed! The first thing i noticed upon trying it out was the smell. Oh. My. God. This stuff smells like coconuts and summer! It's a bit talcy, but that's my only complaint. it's got a very fine-ground texture and gives off a nice matte finish. I bought the only 2 colours available (a very light one and a medium brown). I'm pretty fair in the winter, so i like to use the lighter one to me a bit of colour and the darker one when i want a slight contour.
The packaging, however, is a different story. The plastic looks cheap and the compact breaks and scratches easily. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about what it comes in though, because it really is a great product; especially for the price!

Like all the other reviews state, yes, it does have some orange tint to it. Depending on your skin tone it is either a hit or a miss. 4.99 CAD Its worth a try. Doesn't break me out and the coconut smell is really a bonus. I use it to warm up my complexion, not so much for contouring. I would purchase again but I wan try NYC Bronzer in Sunny. So for now, I'm still on the hunt for my HG, but this will do until then.

on 1/25/2015 6:21:00 AM

Orange. All I can say, best thing about this is the smell, thank god it didn't cost much.

on 1/24/2015 9:51:00 PM

Am I the only one that found this bronzer too orangey? It's such a shame because the formula is so silky...

I'm warm/olive toned with fair skin so it's near impossible to find a bronzer for me. NYC's Sunny and Benefit's Hoola looks orange on me as well..

I think if you struggle with this problem also it's best to find a warm toned dark (3-4 shades darker) powder to use as a bronzer/contour. I've recently switched over and it ensures that there's zero orange/pink tones that way.

I hope I helped somebody with the same problem =)

on 11/10/2014 7:48:00 PM

So nice! I'm very fair so contour powders are just a no go for me and its so hard to find a powder that wont look like a big brown patch on my cheeks but this works amazingly! I don't use it to bronze up my skin as I like glowy bronzers but its the perfect product for sculpting out my cheek bones:) plus it smells like coconuts which I love but if you don't like the smell of coconut I wouldnt recommend it. plus its on 4.99 which is a gods send compared to my anastastia contour powder that doesnt look near as natural as this does.

I luv this bronzer. Looks natural and smells good! Also lasts all day.

Popular Bronzers