Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

3.7

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Mrysitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Ansic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (rangrance, Coumarin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/3/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought this in brunette after i was using a bronzer that had way too much of a red tint. I really liked how easy it is to pick your color because they divided it by hair color. It smells amazing... like coconuts. Its matte and very natural looking. It was not too orange on me because i do have naturally tan skin.

on 2/20/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in blonde and its the perfect bronzer shade. I agree that the shade brunette or medium is way too orange so watch out for that. Other than that it's really good and it smells great.

on 2/19/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading so many great reviews, i finally went out and bought this bronzer and I've got to say, I'm impressed! The first thing i noticed upon trying it out was the smell. Oh. My. God. This stuff smells like coconuts and summer! It's a bit talcy, but that's my only complaint. it's got a very fine-ground texture and gives off a nice matte finish. I bought the only 2 colours available (a very light one and a medium brown). I'm pretty fair in the winter, so i like to use the lighter one to me a bit of colour and the darker one when i want a slight contour.
The packaging, however, is a different story. The plastic looks cheap and the compact breaks and scratches easily. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about what it comes in though, because it really is a great product; especially for the price!

Like all the other reviews state, yes, it does have some orange tint to it. Depending on your skin tone it is either a hit or a miss. 4.99 CAD Its worth a try. Doesn't break me out and the coconut smell is really a bonus. I use it to warm up my complexion, not so much for contouring. I would purchase again but I wan try NYC Bronzer in Sunny. So for now, I'm still on the hunt for my HG, but this will do until then.

on 1/25/2015 6:21:00 AM

Orange. All I can say, best thing about this is the smell, thank god it didn't cost much.

on 1/24/2015 9:51:00 PM

Am I the only one that found this bronzer too orangey? It's such a shame because the formula is so silky...

I'm warm/olive toned with fair skin so it's near impossible to find a bronzer for me. NYC's Sunny and Benefit's Hoola looks orange on me as well..

I think if you struggle with this problem also it's best to find a warm toned dark (3-4 shades darker) powder to use as a bronzer/contour. I've recently switched over and it ensures that there's zero orange/pink tones that way.

I hope I helped somebody with the same problem =)

on 11/10/2014 7:48:00 PM

So nice! I'm very fair so contour powders are just a no go for me and its so hard to find a powder that wont look like a big brown patch on my cheeks but this works amazingly! I don't use it to bronze up my skin as I like glowy bronzers but its the perfect product for sculpting out my cheek bones:) plus it smells like coconuts which I love but if you don't like the smell of coconut I wouldnt recommend it. plus its on 4.99 which is a gods send compared to my anastastia contour powder that doesnt look near as natural as this does.

I luv this bronzer. Looks natural and smells good! Also lasts all day.

on 8/19/2014 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the first ever product to give me an allergic reaction. I do not have sensitive skin and have tried many a budget beauty product with no problem. I've even used other Essence products with no reaction.

However, when I applied this bronzer (on face and neck) my neck skin started almost immediately itching. I didn't really think anything of it and kept applying makeup, but after about 30 seconds I looked down to see my entire neck broken out with red blotches. I cleansed my neck, removing the bronzer and in about 10 minutes the skin had calmed down.

Needless to say, I won't be using this product anymore. Good thing it was only $4.99. Also, wasn't a huge fan of the perfumed smell. Why does it have to smell like coconuts.

I wish I hadn't had a reaction, however, because the color/matte finish was quite nice and I probably would've used the entire compact. So if you don't break out from it - I think it could be quite a nice bronzer and much cheaper than most others!

on 8/14/2014 2:50:00 PM

this bronzer smells amazing but is way too orange to be used. maybe with another one for some warmth, but on it's own I just looked orange and horrible......it also began to break my skin out. so now it just sits there and I smell it occasionally....lol

Popular Bronzers