November 24, 2014 | 1709 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C 20% Advanced Formula+

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've almost finished the bottle and have a mixed feelings about it. First of all this is first vit. c serum I have ever used and I can't compare it to any other c serum.
Secondly, as vit. c is essential in skincare this serum is very affordable compared to others and this is the reason why i will repurchase it.
I can say this serum didn't irritate or break me out but my skin isn't very sensetive to c serum or retinoids. It does sting a little when I smoothe it on just washed faced. It feels very sticky first but after it absorbs there is no unpleasant feeling on the skin. It's very watery. I didn't check the ingredients but it feels like there is dissolved vit. c mixed with water and nothing else. Good for oily skin.
This serum does add some glow and freshness to my face but as I use it along with retinol creams I can't put my finger which one is more efficient.
Before buying the vit. C serum I read a lot of raving reviews but it didn't do anything miraculous for my skin but didn't do anything bad either.
I was trying to use it up quickly not to let it oxidize and after two and half month of everyday use I haven't noticed it changed the color.
Anyways, because it's a powerful antioxidant and a staple of skin care routine I will be buying it again.

Update......................................
I shoudn't have been so confident that my skin wasn't sensetive to vit c.
I should have taken into account that 20% vit c is quite a lot for a beginner. Now I have to deal with some kind of irritation or allergy which has been lasting for around three months and itchy really bad.I stopped using it three months ago but my skin hasn't recovered yet.
I don't recommend 20% to beginners.
Even if you will not notice any reaction in the beginning you can get it later.
Now I moved to 12% and it seems to work better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Beauteaddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

in the past, I would only buy whitening serum to control my melanin. until when I turn 40, I realized that antioxidant is what it takes and the best topical antioxidant is Vit C I am now on my 5th bottle & I swear I've never used the same product more than twice until I started this antioxidant serum. While it doesn't do magic to your melasma or hyperpigmentation, but it certainly gives me a healthy glow. and I'm more than happy with that. I am a melasma sufferer and I know there's no solution to address this problem. After my 1st bottle, I don't see any changes to my face, but I bought 2 bottles to save the shipping costs and on my 2nd bottle, the glow on my face started to show. I suppose I am one of those people whose skin doesn't respond to topical products very quickly. and now my colleagues says I hv fair skin. I want to stress again, vit C does not work the same as whitening/lightening serum. antioxidant serum protects the skin from harmful UV rays, nevertheless sunscreen is still required.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

After having gone through a couple of bottles of Skinceuticals Vitamin C serums, I decided to explore lower-priced options. This is the one I decided on, and I'm very happy with it. I feel that I get the same results I did with Skinceuticals Serum 20 AOX with Ferulic (more even skintone, fading of melasma/sun spots, healthier-looking skin) while saving nearly $100 per bottle. I use 4 drops in the morning, which is sufficient to cover my face and neck. This serum is slightly more watery than Skinceuticals (hyaluronic acid is further down the ingredient list), but applies easily and doesn't leave skin feeling coated--great for summer. I've also found that this doesn't oxidize as quickly as Skinceuticals products, which really ticked me off. This serum also comes in a 1 oz. dropper bottle, so I decant a few milliliters into a smaller bottle I keep at the sink while the big bottle stays in the fridge.

I must add that CSS has great customer service--quick shipping, and they answer questions very quickly (on the same business day). I'll be repurchasing this and spending the money I save on something else!

BTW, I am not affiliated, just a happy customer.

Full Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, L-Ascorbic Acid (Topical Vitamin C), Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerol, Triethanolamine, Ferulic Acid, D-Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edetate, Hyaluronic Acid.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No