April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Good & Clean Gentle Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love TBS Tea tree oli face wash but needed something for the morning too. I am acne prone and clog prone, with oily/ sensitive skin. I also have a tendency to get eczema around my nose and mouth. I was previously using Burt's Bee's radiance cleanser in the morning which is also good, but I needed a change. This uses fruit acids to exfoliate gently and it smells wonderful like grapefruit. You only need to use a small amount. It lathers great and removes all my foundation and moisturizer with sunscreen. If I use too much, it does make my face feel dry so I have to be cautious about how much I use. A tube costs me about 9 bucks at CVS. It doesn't leave my face red or irritated which is such a relief. I hope this keeps working for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by demo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

gooooood

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've recently been pretty depressed about my skin. I had acne up until college and then for a couple of years my skin totally cleared up! I was totally convinced that my acne problems were no more! Unfortunately that wasn't the case and recently I would say it was worse than before. I tried several moisturizers (a whole medicine cabinet full) hoping that my recent move to a more drier area was making me break out.

It was only recently when I tried this product did my face actually clear up! This was literallly the only thing I changed in my face regimen. I had been using benzoyl peroxide products for a while thinking that that's what kept my acne at bay. But recently benzoyl peroxide irritated my skin. And I hadn't touched salicylic acid products in a long time (since high school) because I thought I was irritated by it too. Somehow I think the bacteria in my face become resistant after a while and I need to switch it up I guess.

Well anyways the product has done wonders on my skin. Not only does it keep my acne at bay but it also improves the scars/redness on my skin. I L-O-V-E it!!!

Also the ingredients and the claims they have about this product (ex: 100% vegetarian products) convinces me that that's why this face wash worked for me? I do question what 100% vegetarian ingredients really mean however (I mean...are there any face products that use animals or something? Do they mean it has good ingredients? It can't possibly mean that everything in the ingredients are plant-based since the 2nd most common ingredient in it is lauryl glucoside...)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ninasowah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use products with a higher percentage of salicylic acid, but they began to dry out my skin. I started using this because it is natural and has less of the drug. Controls breakouts without causing dryness. Skin feels clean after using it. It lathers if you rub it in your hands with water. It smells like grapefruit. I recommended it to my boyfriend, who has dry skin; it works for him as well. I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by joannemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this face wash. I switched from a $33 Dior face wash to Alba's. This is only $10 over-the-counter, it has natural ingredients and safe for your skin. It is probably one of the few face washes that EFFECTIVELY washes off your makeup and EYE makeup as well!! This is the only reason why I love this face wash. I don't need to use eye makeup remover, which saves me a ton of money, because this face wash does the trick! My skin feels so clean after. It doesn't irritate my skin and I love that it has salycic acid for acne as well. The only con is that it does irritate your eyes if it creeps into your eyeballs, but other than that, it's godly. This will be my forever face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by alh441

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only used the mini peel from this line (it's not available to review independently). It is the best $7 I've spent on any beauty product. I have fair, sensitive (EASILY irritated, just like me!), acne prone skin and use RX topical clindamycin and differen gel EOD. I use this about 2x/week, not on same day as the diferen gel, and honestly think it may work better than the RX. Immediately after using, my skin looked & felt smoother, my pores were less noticeable, and the milia spots (ne'e clogged pores) on my nose and chin were SO MUCH BETTER!!! The magic has lasted through two months. Love it, and was pleasantly surprised that my skin didn't freak out after using it. I rarely get excited about facial product, but this mini peel gel is a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by simplysarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this looking for something more natural. And let me first say, it smells really good like grapefruit!! The packaging caught my eye as well. But the actual product isn't anything special. And definitely isn't worth what it costs. It doesn't feel like it's doing anything. And it didn't clear my skin. But atleast it didn't make it worse either! It's good if you're just looking to clean makeup off. But not if you want an acne wash. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so great
-gets my makeup off with the first wash
-does not dry my face
-wash way all the dirt and grim of the day
I thought nothing could be better than Alba's pineapple wash, I was wrong
This review was for the daily detox foaming cleanser the packaging looks almost the same

Update: Still love this face wash.
-so amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! After washing my face with this gel, my skin actually glows and my breakouts have calmed down. Easy to rinse off - no residual film left behind. Leaves a squeaky clean feel without an overdrying effect for me. Gets the make up, oil, and grime out. Pleasant mild fruit scent. Perfect, perfect, perfect cleanser. I really love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lena0510

I've been searching for a natural and less abrasive alternative to Neutrogena's grapefruit daily scrub and I think I've found it! To say my skin is acne-prone is really an understatement. I am CONSTANTLY broken out and have been for years. I have tried nearly everything (Accutane, diaper cream, name a plant and I've probably had a mask made out of it on my face at some point) and realised natural products make my skin feel and look better, I just needed one to work against my acne! This wash makes my skin feel clean without over-drying it and I already see improvements in my face. It smells great(fruity and delicious but slightly medicinal. Not at all bad.) and has a slightly watery consistency but that only seems to mean I need to use less and certainly doesn't change its effectiveness. I follow this with the Earth Science clarifying astringent and am still searching for a super-light moisturiser with sunscreen in it, but am wary of adding something to my routine that might aggravate my skin.

Navigating natural skincare when you have acne seems nearly impossible but this product has definitely convinced me it's possible to use a natural cleanser without having awful breakouts. My skin looks better than it has in quite a while. LOVE IT.

It cost me just under 8$ and is well worth it.