December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Good & Clean Gentle Acne Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by SeylaTan

I have very oily, break out prone skin that can also get dry patches. I bought this seeing all the fantastic reviews on here! In my personal experience, I used to use this with the CeraVe foaming face wash for normal to oily skin to get off makeup and then this to actually help with my acne. It gives you a clean feeling but after a while, I noticed that my skin had become very dry especially around my mouth area and berween my eyebrows. I stopped the use and used my Osmosis Purify wash to help with the acne and the dryness went away. I gave this wash another try a few months later and only used this because I wasn't wearing makeup and it made my face SO red and sensitive. It was good the first few tries but this is not for me. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a warning that I hope prevents someone from getting the aftermath I did after using this product. I do have sensitive/combination/acne prone skin, but i never anticipated what this product did to my face. For the first two days i used this as a face wash, i had never seen my skin look so nice, it was glowing even. The third day, i woke up and my entire face was red and burning. I figured i was just getting used to the new product. Fourth day, even redder, burning, and peeling like a sunburn almost. Now its been a week after not using it, and my skin is still recovering, red, and peeling. This wash is like a severe chemical peel and i wish i would have known better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by lyssakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have mild acne and moderate to severe seborhoeic dermatitis. I use this face wash pretty regularly whenever my face feels grimy. (about every other day or everyday) It leaves skin feeling smooth and clean without drying it out, unlike most other face washes i have tried. It also calms down my acne everytime I use it. It has a very pleasant grapefruit scent and I love that it's cruelty-free and mostly all-natural. If you're looking for a mild acne cleanser that won't dry out your skin, try this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and always struggle it during warm weather. In cool weather, I use Olay Sensitive Foaming cleanser and Olay Sensitive SPF 15 lotion. They work great, but my skin gets so oily in the summer. However, Olay's moisturizer is the only one with SPF that doesn't break out or irritate my skin, so I didn't want to change that. I have used a whole tube of this cleanser. So far, it's not irritating my skin, keeping my skin clear, and cutting down on some oiliness without drying it out. I'm very tempted to try more Alba Botanica products.

Pros: inexpensive, oil-free, keeps skin clear, lessens oiliness, doesn't irritate skin
Cons: none

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love TBS Tea tree oli face wash but needed something for the morning too. I am acne prone and clog prone, with oily/ sensitive skin. I also have a tendency to get eczema around my nose and mouth. I was previously using Burt's Bee's radiance cleanser in the morning which is also good, but I needed a change. This uses fruit acids to exfoliate gently and it smells wonderful like grapefruit. You only need to use a small amount. It lathers great and removes all my foundation and moisturizer with sunscreen. If I use too much, it does make my face feel dry so I have to be cautious about how much I use. A tube costs me about 9 bucks at CVS. It doesn't leave my face red or irritated which is such a relief. I hope this keeps working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I've recently been pretty depressed about my skin. I had acne up until college and then for a couple of years my skin totally cleared up! I was totally convinced that my acne problems were no more! Unfortunately that wasn't the case and recently I would say it was worse than before. I tried several moisturizers (a whole medicine cabinet full) hoping that my recent move to a more drier area was making me break out.

It was only recently when I tried this product did my face actually clear up! This was literallly the only thing I changed in my face regimen. I had been using benzoyl peroxide products for a while thinking that that's what kept my acne at bay. But recently benzoyl peroxide irritated my skin. And I hadn't touched salicylic acid products in a long time (since high school) because I thought I was irritated by it too. Somehow I think the bacteria in my face become resistant after a while and I need to switch it up I guess.

Well anyways the product has done wonders on my skin. Not only does it keep my acne at bay but it also improves the scars/redness on my skin. I L-O-V-E it!!!

Also the ingredients and the claims they have about this product (ex: 100% vegetarian products) convinces me that that's why this face wash worked for me? I do question what 100% vegetarian ingredients really mean however (I mean...are there any face products that use animals or something? Do they mean it has good ingredients? It can't possibly mean that everything in the ingredients are plant-based since the 2nd most common ingredient in it is lauryl glucoside...)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ninasowah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use products with a higher percentage of salicylic acid, but they began to dry out my skin. I started using this because it is natural and has less of the drug. Controls breakouts without causing dryness. Skin feels clean after using it. It lathers if you rub it in your hands with water. It smells like grapefruit. I recommended it to my boyfriend, who has dry skin; it works for him as well. I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by joannemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this face wash. I switched from a $33 Dior face wash to Alba's. This is only $10 over-the-counter, it has natural ingredients and safe for your skin. It is probably one of the few face washes that EFFECTIVELY washes off your makeup and EYE makeup as well!! This is the only reason why I love this face wash. I don't need to use eye makeup remover, which saves me a ton of money, because this face wash does the trick! My skin feels so clean after. It doesn't irritate my skin and I love that it has salycic acid for acne as well. The only con is that it does irritate your eyes if it creeps into your eyeballs, but other than that, it's godly. This will be my forever face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by alh441

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only used the mini peel from this line (it's not available to review independently). It is the best $7 I've spent on any beauty product. I have fair, sensitive (EASILY irritated, just like me!), acne prone skin and use RX topical clindamycin and differen gel EOD. I use this about 2x/week, not on same day as the diferen gel, and honestly think it may work better than the RX. Immediately after using, my skin looked & felt smoother, my pores were less noticeable, and the milia spots (ne'e clogged pores) on my nose and chin were SO MUCH BETTER!!! The magic has lasted through two months. Love it, and was pleasantly surprised that my skin didn't freak out after using it. I rarely get excited about facial product, but this mini peel gel is a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by simplysarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this looking for something more natural. And let me first say, it smells really good like grapefruit!! The packaging caught my eye as well. But the actual product isn't anything special. And definitely isn't worth what it costs. It doesn't feel like it's doing anything. And it didn't clear my skin. But atleast it didn't make it worse either! It's good if you're just looking to clean makeup off. But not if you want an acne wash. :/