Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Fine Liner Brush

4.4

on 7/24/2015 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first brush from RT. It works like a dream for cream/gel eye liners. It has retained shape and is still the same as I first bought it, even after having been washed many times. No shedding either. Great buy, recommended.

on 2/14/2015 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the best eyeliner brush that I have tried. I use this with Mac Fluidline and this gives me a fine and consistent line. Have tried the Silicone one which is a huge disappointment.
I have purchased 6 of this since... love this brush...

on 5/29/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I found this brush to be quite average, but not bad for the price. I recommend the silicone liner brush to this. I will not repurchase.

on 2/27/2014 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is not the liner brush that comes with the eye kit. I love this thin liner brush and use it for gel, liquid and eyeshadow (wet). It gives me a fine line and the duo fibers haven't shed or splayed. (Is that a word?) The length is long enough to have control with added flexibility for easy lining.
I know that RT has a silicone version out now and Ulta doesn't carry this any more but you can get it online at Target, Amazon and RT website.
I bought it on sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond. For 6.00 dollars I will buy a back up!

on 2/19/2014 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I never owned a liner brush like this before, but I knew I needed one for my gel eyeliner I had recently purchased. This brush made the liner go on so perfectly I was actually in awe, however the eyeliner itself ended up being kind of a dud.
Regardless though, I tend to have problems applying liquid or pencil liners, but with this brush I had no problems getting even, smooth strokes and putting the liner exactly where I wanted it... and no where else!
Though, without a gel eyeliner that I like, the brush got tossed to the side.
I recently discovered, however, that I could use this brush to dip into black or brown eye shadow and press it into my eyelashes, giving me the most beautiful, natural eyeliner in the entire world. It is a bit time consuming though, because you have to make sure the lashes don't get any gaps.

on 1/29/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far the best liner brush I have owned. It's super fine and has no stray hairs. It applies gel liner with extreme precision and cleans easily. I have used a few different brands in the past and liked them a lot, but this is by far my favorite.

Great quality as with all the brushes in this line and priced so reasonable. Strong base and well made. Love that this line doesn't use numbers for their brushes and uses names. It's much easier to remember.

on 9/12/2013 1:42:00 PM

I actually got this brush for putting on my Careprost it's perfect for applying just the right amount of the product to the lash line. The brush is super soft and makes it easy to apply the perfect line of product so you don't get it to high on your lid. Which means less chance of irritation. A fine precise line with just the right amount of product is what I achieve with this brush. I use a half drop of Careprost into the cap swirl the brush around and apply. It goes on like a dream then I repeat. I use less product so no wasting and no red itchy line from the brushes that can come with Careprost. I find those brushes make you waste product and they are not soft at all. They also lose shape and just aren't that good in my opinion. I wash my brush with warm almost hot water and a natural cleanser with orange oil so it's squeaky clean. It dries fast and works like a charm.

Luv it for applying the Careprost and would get another for liner. I love the size it fits perfectly in my hand. It makes doing a line so easy and I love the purple it's my favorite colour;) So whether you are using this for eyeliner or medication it's a great brush. Definitely Recommended!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I was told that the fine liner brush was better/more useful than the pixel one that comes with the eye collection kit. So, I purchased the fine liner brush and I can't really complain. It retails for $5.99 at Ulta and they are usually on sale BOGO 50% off. A truly good purchase for what I paid. However, I'm not sure if this is a fluke and I just got a bum brush but some of the bristles are frayed at the ends. This isn't the A+ quality I associate with the RT brushes. But, the size is indeed absolutely perfect for lining the eye especially the lower lash line. This liner is fantastic in lining with shadows and gels. Like I said, I can't complain. It gets the job done but just wishing the next fine liner brush I get doesn't fray.

on 6/26/2013 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Works great with gel liner. You could even use it with liquid liner if you don't like the brush. I can finally do winged liner! If you have hooded lids like me, you know the struggle.

on 5/10/2013 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This review is for the RT Fine Liner Brush that is sold individually for $5.99 (US). This is not to be confused with the Pixel Point brush that is sold in the Eyes Starter set.

I bought this brush on a whim because I already have many liner brushes and this one didn't look that great in its packaging. I'm happy to report that my first impression was wrong. This is a great brush that I use regularly for cream liner.

Like many others, I find the Pixel Point brush in the Eyes Starter Set a little too big for eye lining. In comparison, this fine liner brush is much thinner and the bristles are the right combination of stiffness and softness to provide a clean line.

I've come to expect quality from RT brushes--easy cleaning, no shedding, synthetic bristles--and this brush is true to form. Glad I bought it and highly recommend.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products