April 19, 2014 | 1759 users online

Conditioner - Redken - Diamond Oil Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells amazing but doesn't really do anything worthy of its price. I don't really see what all the hype is about. I've been using this for about four months. I will say that it does spread easily in your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by abbyparker216

No clue why this product has so many bad reviews. I am a hairstylist at a redken salon and the diamond oil shampoo & conditioner set is of my go-tos that I use on tons of my clients. I also use it at home on my and my daughter's hair and it makes it very soft, shiny, and easy to comb through. In fact, I only wash my hair once a week and after a week of hairspray, teasing, styling, and sleeping on my hair, this is the only conditioner I've found that makes my hair easy to comb through, which is saying a lot. My comb literally just glides through my hair after using this. I also really like the diamond oil shatterproof shine and the diamond oil deep facets!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Kolran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They had the big bottles of this on sale at Ulta and I decided to try it. Horrible mistake. I used this shampoo and conditioner set and it made my dry, coarse, frizzy hair even worse. My hair was very weighed down and heavy but at the same time extremely dry and frizzy. When I was rinsing it out I couldn't even get my fingers through my hair. It left a horrible residue in my shower and all on my skin. After drying my hair it was just as bad, like straw. Took this junk straight back to Ulta.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bellabellabella

I was so excited to try this, love the name and bottle. I got it when Ulta had it's liters for $20. Not impressed...doesn't have a great smell, and to be honest it really does...nothing. It's just a conditioner. I much prefer All Soft and would not repurchase this. I use a tiny bit of this at my 4 year old daughter who has GORGEOUS hair and it makes her almost dry on the ends. A tosser.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

First Impression:
For as much as this stuff costs, it should work miracles, but it doesn't. For an 8.5 ounce bottle from a Redken salon, I paid $19 USD, which initially, when I had high hopes for this product, turned me off a bit since I always use more conditioner than shampoo and to receive significantly less for more money was not very encouraging. Anyway the price is horrible for something that does not work. The conditioner has a very soft feel about it, and when it was in my hair, it really felt as though my hair was going to be very soft too (I used considerably more of this product that I used with my normal conditioners, just because of how bad my hair felt after the shampoo). Again, like the shampoo, it has a nice, light smell to it.

My Review:
I used the Diamond Oil Shampoo before using this Conditioner, and honestly, this conditioner may not be so bad, but because of how terrible the shampoo was, I may be slightly biased. In the shower, before applying the conditioner, I could feel how dry my hair felt and adding this conditioner, which does have a silky, nice texture, I still could not easily get my fingers through my now ratty hair. Getting out of the shower and trying to brush through it was not any better.

Product Claims:
-Replenishing hair oils infuse hair with moisture: False. I had to apply a significant amount of Diamond Oil after using this set because my hair felt SO dry.
-Instantly detangles and improves manageability: False. I think that I bashed this statement enough already...
-Protects hair from breakage: Unsure. Although, I don't see how it could with how dry and brittle my hair felt afterwards.
-Restores sparkling, multi-faceted shine: Unsure. Again, this may be true, but like I said, I apply the Diamond Oil after my shower, so I contribute all the shine to that.

Final Thoughts:
I have since thrown away both the shampoo and conditioner and I will not purchase this again. I will however continue to buy Redken products since this is one of the few things I have tried and absolutely hated. Most of their line is fantastic. I just don't know what went wrong here or even what type of hair this would honestly work for...

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/EAU, Cetearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Aspartic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera oil/Coconut Oil, Citric Acid, BHT, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 14700/Red 4

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the conditioner. It add moisture to your hair and smoothes the cuticle. It also gives your hair lots of body. I didn't like the shampoo as much. The shampoo weighed my hair down. However, since I like the conditioner so much, I'm going to give the shampoo another try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this product as a free sample with my full size Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine Intense. I used it along with the Diamond Oil shampoo, and I really disliked the shampoo and found it did not work at all on my hair. I was applying this conditioner to the tangled mess left over from washing my hair with the shampoo, and it was not able to undo the frizzy knots caused by the shampoo, so I cannot rate it to highly. However, it might work alright with a different shampoo. I added a dropperful of the Shine drops to the conditioner and found I had the best results using the combination of the two; it left my hair smooth and frizz free and easy to comb through. But, a product should stand on it's own without having to be added to something else to make it work correctly. At $19 for 8.5oz it should work fabulously, but unfortunately, it does not.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by ssikdar1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got free kit of the shampoo & conditioner from ULTA with the Diamond oil. The conditioner is just awesome! The shampoo did not work for me as well as the conditioner....
I have been using it for the past 2 weeks and my hair is lot softer and frizz-free....