Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner

3.2

Aqua/Water/EAU, Cetearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Aspartic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera oil/Coconut Oil, Citric Acid, BHT, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 14700/Red 4.

on 3/28/2015 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this Conditioner as much as the Shampoo. I have baby-fine hair which is dry and tangles easily. I don't even have to use a leave-in conditioner after use, it's that good. I alternate with Joico K-PAK Shampoo and Conditioner (also excellent).

on 2/11/2015 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the most horrible conditioner Iīve ever used. I should propably have read more reviews before I bought this awful product. I have dry, long, wavy, blonde and frizzy hair, that needs moisture and conditioning. I thought that this would be the answer to all my problems, since usually my hair loves all kind of oils. This product promises to include many valuable oils, and even itīs name mentiones those oils.

But: this gave me ZERO moisture, it actually ripped off all the natural oils from my hair. My hair felt horrible after washing, it was like old bubblegum and it was impossible to comb my hair. The whole day my hair looked like dry hay.

I will never use this conditioner (or the matching shampoo) again.

on 1/7/2015 5:57:00 PM

I really love this conditioner. It has a soft floral scent that disappears with rincing. It is moisturizing dispite a complete lack of silicones. I happen to dislike the coated feeling silicones can give me. It has a nice thick consistency (I have to squeeze the bottle really hard to get any product out), but spreads easily through my hair, which is perhaps not surprising since I have pretty thin hair. It detangles great and provides just enough softness. I dislike products that make my hair too soft and slippery (silicones again), so this is great. I think it sort of gives my hair the opportunity to be "itself". Not too tamed, but with its natural texture displayed in a very healthy way.
I do notice that, in winter, it does not provide enough moisture for my ends, so I alternate with a slightly heavier conditioner and a mask (both do contain silicones). Right now, these are both from the John Frieda Full Repair line, but I'm looking to replace at least the conditioner, if not both, by Redken products, because they are a bit too heavy for my taste.
In combination with the Body Full shampoo, this product has totally changed the way my hair looks and feels.

on 9/23/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a conditioner to combat my suddenly unmanageable hair. (My colorist insists she must use a product that opens up the hair cuticle in order to cover my gray, but it has made my hair strawlike.) This product definitely makes my hair less dry-looking, but I absolutely detest the scent. It smells like the cologne my husband bought on a whim that I had to beg him to throw out. I'm still searching for an oil-enhanced conditioner that doesn't have a bizarre scent. (I looked at TiGi Colour Goddess, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a product that would make me smell as if someone dumped a caramel frappuccino on my head.)

on 8/11/2014 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Lovely.
I have a giant, liter size of this (I'm on my third one) and even so, when people come over and use my shower, I'm always thinking, "They BETTER not be using my diamond oil duo."
This conditioner is very rich, and thick. I always wash my hair first thing in the shower, and then leave the conditioner in while I go about the next 10-15 minutes of my shower. When I rinse this at the end (always rinse with cool water, or you're wasting your time) my hair feels so silky.
Since my coworkers have ombre'd my hair to crap (going from level 3 red to level 9 blonde) my hair needs something intense. I will use the redken intense renewal deep once a week or so, and sometimes I throw the It's a 10 mask on... But honestly, I feel like this works even better than the deep conditioners.
I dislike the smell of this line (like hairspray or old lady perfume) but I live with it, because it's such an excellent product.

I've noticed a lot of reviewers have negative things to say about Redken, which is crazy to me, because as a hairstylist, I can tell you honestly (with nothing to gain, and no commission to make) Redken is a really, really good brand. It's worth a few extra bucks to preserve the integrity of your hair.

on 5/28/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had a few sample packets of this & the matching shampoo.

This IMO was better than the shampoo wich made my hair feel weird & dry (when wet).

*Scent-Light & perfumey.
*Conditioner spreads well and rinses out easily.

This was soooo much better than the matching shampoo! After shampooing with the shampoo my hair felt dry and tangeled then applying this conditioner and combing it thru it left my hair feeling so much better!!! I did notice that I had less frizz and this didn't leave my hair weighed down.....But my ends were feeling dry was the only con otherwise not a bad conditioner at all.

on 5/13/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was given a good size trial size. First the smell is like a beautiful designer perfume. It is a thinner consistency than what I am used to in nice thick salon conditioners. The good thing is it did not weigh down my curls, it detangled fairy well but it did not condition all that well. I found it to be on par with some drug store brands like L'oreal. Actually Dove has a oil based conditioner superior to this one for just 7:00$. Nutri oil conditioner. Bottom line:: if your hair is not damaged, color treated or dry and you have no problems with the high price for an average conditioner go for it. Only plus is its beautiful scent.

on 2/1/2014 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells amazing but doesn't really do anything worthy of its price. I don't really see what all the hype is about. I've been using this for about four months. I will say that it does spread easily in your hair.

on 11/23/2013 3:33:00 PM

No clue why this product has so many bad reviews. I am a hairstylist at a redken salon and the diamond oil shampoo & conditioner set is of my go-tos that I use on tons of my clients. I also use it at home on my and my daughter's hair and it makes it very soft, shiny, and easy to comb through. In fact, I only wash my hair once a week and after a week of hairspray, teasing, styling, and sleeping on my hair, this is the only conditioner I've found that makes my hair easy to comb through, which is saying a lot. My comb literally just glides through my hair after using this. I also really like the diamond oil shatterproof shine and the diamond oil deep facets!

on 10/19/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

They had the big bottles of this on sale at Ulta and I decided to try it. Horrible mistake. I used this shampoo and conditioner set and it made my dry, coarse, frizzy hair even worse. My hair was very weighed down and heavy but at the same time extremely dry and frizzy. When I was rinsing it out I couldn't even get my fingers through my hair. It left a horrible residue in my shower and all on my skin. After drying my hair it was just as bad, like straw. Took this junk straight back to Ulta.