April 19, 2014 | 1618 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Diamond Oil Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kaylaj05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see all negative reviews on here since the ulta site had all positive. Based off that, I decided to try a small bottle because I feel like I've tried about every drug store moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioner lately. It seemed like every brand from suave to bed head was stripping the moisture from my hair.

I've used this once and already noticed a change. It's really soft and manageable, yet not weighed down. I just used my Aussie moist conditioner to keep from overwhelming my hair. It's also very shiny! It feels just like when you leave the hair salon.

My hair is highlighted and kind of thin, and I straighten the front that hangs down when I wear it up, which is about every day. Even that part has smoothed down a lot and isn't so stiff. I use the chi iron guard but its still a little damaged from before.

This stuff is pretty pricey, but with a 20% off coupon, the big bottle won't be so bad. If your hair isn't damaged or in need of a major pick me up, you won't need this. For those of you on the same boat same, I highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Glasnevin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

oh I agree with these bad reviews. I couldn't even blow dry my hair it was so bad. Hair is now all dry and frizzy. I was disappointed because I had such hopes. I would give it one star for the smell and the lovely bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by dkitaen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't understand the bad reviews on this product. I love it and makes my hair so shiny.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by juliejulia

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst shampoos I've ever used on my dry, coarse hair! After using this for the past couple weeks (with matching conditioner), my hair was breaking, stiff, tangled and scalp was itchy. I went back to Redken's Real Control shampoo, and my hair is noticeably smoother after one use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by thatonecharlottechick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is easily the worst shampoo I have ever used in my entire life. I have used cheap drugstore clarifying shampoo that moisturizes better than this misleading product.
I have very dry, coarse, wavy hair. It's very hard to manage without the right amount of moisture. I assumed a product which claims to be full of oils that help manageability and shine would be awesome on my hair. Boy was I wrong. I have used plenty of redken products in the past, with the all soft line being a long time favorite I thought I would love the diamond oil line. I can't imagine who diamond oil would work for. Maybe if you have healthy, shiny hair to begin with its amazing, if not you should probably steer clear of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

First Impression:
The bottle is the exact same as all Redken products that come in this size, which I happen to like since the little grip things on the sides make it so the bottle does not slip when it is wet from the shower. The reason that I gave it two lippies for packaging is not because of the bottle, but the amount you get for your money for something that does not work. Personally, I like the smell, it isn't as strong as Redken Smooth Lock and just has a nice fragrance about it (not flowery or too much like hair salon products). I did not think it lathered up all that well, but after using Aveda's Damage Remedy line that doesn't lather AT ALL, this soaps up just fine. After rinsing it out of my hair, my hair feels HORRIBLE. Not soft, not stripped clean, just TANGLED. I don't know, but it is NOT good.

My Review:
I cannot believe how disappointed in this product I am! My hairdresser recommended this to me after my last trip to the salon when I told her that I needed something that would give me more shine and volume but not lose the softness and healthiness that I had only recently been able to achieve with my hair. And this is what she gave me... In fact, it does the opposite of all the things that I had hoped for in this Shampoo and Conditioner (since I of course had bought both hoping for max results). My hair feels dry and brittle and I had to use more drops of the Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine then I ever have, even when my hair was about four inches longer prior to this last visit. I also feel like I have less volume, my hair is more weighed down, and gets greasier faster... It is so disgusting. Back to Redken All Soft I go!

Product Claims:
-Rich, nourishing foam gently cleanses: False. Not too much foam to speak of. And sure, my hair doesn't look greasy after, but it doesn't look good either.
-Helps strengthen strands to prevent breakage: False. In my opinion, it in fact, did the opposite of that statement. My hair felt dry and awful.
-Provides durable shine that lasts until the next shampoo: Unsure. I always get out of the shower and apply Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine, so I wouldn't know if this product helped in that area or not.

Final Thoughts:
I gave this product a fair chance, and I should have read others' reviews before I went and purchased this on a whim and what I believed to be trusted advice from a professional. I feel like I gave this product a shot and even used more than half the bottle of each, with no improvements. I have since thrown them away since they are of no benefit to me. I bought this 10.1 ounce bottle from a Redken salon for $18 USD which is absolutely ridiculous for a product that does not work in the least bit.

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/EAU, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Arginine, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Karnal Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl, Silanetriol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try the new Diamond Oil line and bought a bottle of the Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine Intense, which came with free sample bottles of the shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner. So glad I did not purchase this shampoo as it is one of the worst I have ever tried.
I have dull, damaged hair and this only makes it worse. Way, way worse. It leaves my hair as a rats nest that is so tangled and horrible feeling when I try to apply it and rinse it out. I had to use a bunch of the conditioner to even get my hair feeling slightly normal again and even after, it was incredibly hard to comb through and dried so frizzy and awful looking.
After water, the ingredients start with Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, so if you like to stay away from Sulfates, do not try this shampoo. It also has the potentially irritating fragrance ingredients linalool, citronellol, and limonene before any of the beneficial oil ingredients, so the actual oil that Redken is touting plays a very small part in the shampoo nad is more window dressing than beneficial. It is maddening to see a company as big and influential as Redken put out such subpar products; they should be industry leaders instead of putting out products with such lackluster ingredients. A 10.1 oz bottle of this is $18, and I can think of many better, cheaper shampoos.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No