Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo

2.6

Aqua/Water/EAU, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Arginine, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Karnal Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl, Silanetriol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Well I did it - for the first time in my life I've used up an entire bottle of shampoo. Diamond Oil - I have a love/hate relationship with you. I LOVE how soft you make my hair feel, and how you still lather up without overdrying my hair; however, I also feel like you're a bit too heavy for my hair.

With that being said - I haven't found anything else that compares, and I'll likely be repurchasing when I can afford it. Right now, I can't. Sigh.

on 3/28/2015 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely love this Shampoo. I have baby-fine dry hair that goes limp or brittle or becomes tangled with many products, but this leaves my hair shiny, clean and soft. I use with the same Conditioner and together they leave my hair perfect. No need for a leave-in conditioner afterwards either as my hair is not left tangled or dry. I alternate this with Joico K-PAK Shampoo & Conditioner (also excellent).

on 2/18/2015 5:55:00 PM

i first started using this after i went to the hairdressers because i wanted something different. they said that i would be good to use that shampoo to make my hair "rebuild" it's self. now the first 2-3 months it works fantasticly but after a while it just becomes a regular shampoo. would i buy this again maybe for now on i'm looking for something that can help my hair grow faster and stronger.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo cleaned my hair and made it soft, but I did not notice any shine... So I can't say its a terrible shampoo.
I have thick and dry hair so my biggest concern is that it's so dull all the time. I got the Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo and that version did deliver on high shine after one wash.
So I think maybe Diamond oil shampoo did not deliver on it's shine promise..

on 9/9/2014 12:13:00 PM

Just recently began using the 3 products together. Shampoo, conditioner and Diamond Oil Intense. My hair is naturally curly and below shoulder length. The ends are very damaged from the sun & colouring. I shampoo once then add the intense oil and conditioner together and I use a LOT more than a few drops of the oil. I leave in for about 10 minutes & rinse with cool water. I LOVE IT! The ends no longer look or feel brittle & the ends feel so soft. Definitely does not feel heavy! Also; I love the shine! And when shampooing, it's amazing how soft my hair feels! I love these 3 products!

on 8/11/2014 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

:( I don't understand the negative reviews.
I'm a hairstylist and have been using this on my hair for over a year. I've bought 3 liters of this stuff. Used with the conditioner (which is fabulously thick, like all redken conditioners) it makes my hair so shiny and soft.
One thing I dislike about it is the smell. To me, it smells like hairspray. But i can look past that because it lathers very well (so you need very little) and of all of the shampoo/conditioner duos I've tried (A LOT- on myself, and countless others) this is the only one I feel that actually makes your hair smooth without weighing it down.
I'm never even tempted to try anything else.

on 7/26/2014 12:22:00 AM

Honestly...I wanted to fall in love with the product..but I just didn't unfortunately. The smell is something different, a good different, I like it a lot. I also like qthe packaging, very easy to grab in the shower. But the product itself is not good. I hate drug store shampoos but id pick tresemme or Pantene over this any day. When I get out of the shower and comb through my hair (after applying the diamond oil & my biolage leave in) it literally feels like my hair is straw! Which isn't normal for my hair...at least not anymore. I haven't dyed it in almost a year and haven't applied heat in months, my hair is usually like silk when it comes to combing it through after my shower. But no way...my hair felt like a tangled web. I will never purchase this product again. Disappointed :/

on 6/8/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HORRIBLE don't waste your money, it made my hair like straw and I even used the conditioner with it and couldn't even get a comb through it ..I returned it today

on 6/8/2014 12:25:00 AM

Made my hair really dull & dry, full of knots and at the same time very weighted down. Worse shampoo ever!

on 5/28/2014 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo was ok,I didn't love it or hate it. I had some sample packets of this and the matching conditioner.

*Scent-IMO light & kinda perfume-ish.
*Lathered up well & rinsed easily

I noticed after shampooing with this my hair (before conditioning) felt weird,like kinda dried out even when it was wet if that makes sense.

I wouldn't buy a bottle of this.