November 27, 2014 | 949 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Diamond Oil Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by TrudiN

Just recently began using the 3 products together. Shampoo, conditioner and Diamond Oil Intense. My hair is naturally curly and below shoulder length. The ends are very damaged from the sun & colouring. I shampoo once then add the intense oil and conditioner together and I use a LOT more than a few drops of the oil. I leave in for about 10 minutes & rinse with cool water. I LOVE IT! The ends no longer look or feel brittle & the ends feel so soft. Definitely does not feel heavy! Also; I love the shine! And when shampooing, it's amazing how soft my hair feels! I love these 3 products!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

:( I don't understand the negative reviews.
I'm a hairstylist and have been using this on my hair for over a year. I've bought 3 liters of this stuff. Used with the conditioner (which is fabulously thick, like all redken conditioners) it makes my hair so shiny and soft.
One thing I dislike about it is the smell. To me, it smells like hairspray. But i can look past that because it lathers very well (so you need very little) and of all of the shampoo/conditioner duos I've tried (A LOT- on myself, and countless others) this is the only one I feel that actually makes your hair smooth without weighing it down.
I'm never even tempted to try anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by anaca

Honestly...I wanted to fall in love with the product..but I just didn't unfortunately. The smell is something different, a good different, I like it a lot. I also like qthe packaging, very easy to grab in the shower. But the product itself is not good. I hate drug store shampoos but id pick tresemme or Pantene over this any day. When I get out of the shower and comb through my hair (after applying the diamond oil & my biolage leave in) it literally feels like my hair is straw! Which isn't normal for my hair...at least not anymore. I haven't dyed it in almost a year and haven't applied heat in months, my hair is usually like silk when it comes to combing it through after my shower. But no way...my hair felt like a tangled web. I will never purchase this product again. Disappointed :/

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by blondee028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE don't waste your money, it made my hair like straw and I even used the conditioner with it and couldn't even get a comb through it ..I returned it today

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kaascat

Made my hair really dull & dry, full of knots and at the same time very weighted down. Worse shampoo ever!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

This shampoo was ok,I didn't love it or hate it. I had some sample packets of this and the matching conditioner.

*Scent-IMO light & kinda perfume-ish.
*Lathered up well & rinsed easily

I noticed after shampooing with this my hair (before conditioning) felt weird,like kinda dried out even when it was wet if that makes sense.

I wouldn't buy a bottle of this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

This is the only salon shampoo I have seen with sodium LARYL Sulphate. I am not picky about sulphates. I am a chemist and sulphates are not the evil that they say. For example sodium laureth sulphate is extremely gentle. Lauryl is a no no. Why Redken put it in the shampoo I have no idea. Shame on them. I ended up doing dishes with my shampoo instead of washing my hair. All L'oreal, Fructis and many other drug store brands are more gentle than this one for under 10.00$

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/EAU, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Arginine, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Karnal Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl, Silanetriol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I agree with the user below. That while it didn't make my hair in worse health it didn't improve it either. It did give a pretty shine, but the same that the all soft line does. What I did notice is that while it seemed to fortify my hair, I saw pretty much no breakage from ends. I think that the ingredients really strengthen the hair. The really odd curve ball is that my hair wasn't very moisturized, but I'm a firm believer that hair can be strong yet on the drier side. I used in in conjunction with the intensive treatment for full effect and the difference was minimal for a more expensive line and product. I'll pass on this, but if anyone is curious to try it, but the travel size at Ulta. You'll get a few uses and be able to decide while not breaking the bank.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Eh. That's all I really have to say about this shampoo. I haven't tried the matching conditioner, so I can't make any comments about how it works or how the two work in conjunction, but I wasn't very impressed with the shampoo. I have a strange relationship with Redken products - I either really like them or I despise them, but I was intrigued by the Diamond Oil line when it came out due to the impressive ingredients and advertising. Since I'm already using a conditioner I love and have no intentions of replacing it, I decided to try out the small travel size shampoo. I've been looking for a new smoothing/shining/moisturizing shampoo, so I figured this would be a good one to test. It didn't make my hair worse, but it certainly did nothing to benefit my hair either, and for the price and the claims of having all these beneficial precious oils, I would expect to see some type of good outcome. I'm glad I only purchased the travel size bottle and didn't waste my money on the full size. Since this shampoo wasn't totally awful to my hair, I'm saving the rest of it for when I travel, but I would never consider buying the full size, and I probably won't buy any of the other Diamond Oil line products either.
For reference: I have short, fine textured, naturally dry, wavy hair that can get frizzy depending on the environment and styling products and is slightly damaged from coloring and heat processing. I noticed when reading other reviews that for some reason people with drier hair had more problems with this shampoo, and the other Diamond Oil products in general, than those with normal, healthy, or oily hair. I have no idea why that is, but I would recommend trying the small travel bottle at Ulta before splurging on the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kaylaj05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see all negative reviews on here since the ulta site had all positive. Based off that, I decided to try a small bottle because I feel like I've tried about every drug store moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioner lately. It seemed like every brand from suave to bed head was stripping the moisture from my hair.

I've used this once and already noticed a change. It's really soft and manageable, yet not weighed down. I just used my Aussie moist conditioner to keep from overwhelming my hair. It's also very shiny! It feels just like when you leave the hair salon.

My hair is highlighted and kind of thin, and I straighten the front that hangs down when I wear it up, which is about every day. Even that part has smoothed down a lot and isn't so stiff. I use the chi iron guard but its still a little damaged from before.

This stuff is pretty pricey, but with a 20% off coupon, the big bottle won't be so bad. If your hair isn't damaged or in need of a major pick me up, you won't need this. For those of you on the same boat same, I highly recommend it!