April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Pro Longwear eye liner in Snow Shadow

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by andreaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love the color of this eye pencil but it smudged pretty bad. Near the inner corners of my eyes it wore off on my lid and left the line kinda going upwards. It looked funny and I didn't even notice until I came home that day. I bought this one and the Powerpoint eye pencil (Stud) as well and I must say the Powerpoint is much better. This one doesn't go on as colorful as you'd think.. it looks a bit faded and transparent on the skin. It also leaves some weird residue pieces that you have to rub away or it looks terrible. For the price it's not a very good pencil. Mac definitely has better pencils than this particular one, I wouldn't buy any of the Pro Longwears again. I'll be exchanging this one, hopefully I can find one in a similar color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Snow Shadow is a purple violet eyeliner pencil from MAC's Pro Longwear line. The pencil cost $19.50, and I find that price to be a little ambitious considering its performance. I have oily lids, so I purchased this and used it on my lower lash line only. Most good waterproof pencils (eg. Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils, Estee Lauder's Pure Color Intense Kajal eyeliners, and Bobbi Brown's Longwear eye pencils) last on my lower lash line without smudging all day, and some even last all day (in cool weather) on my upper lids. But not this one from MAC. I liked the idea of a good, purple violet pencil... and since Estee Lauder owns Bobbi Brown & MAC, I assumed (wrongly) that this Pro Longwear pencil from MAC would live up to the same standards. Snow Patrol is a pretty color and nicely pigmented, but the texture of the pencil is not as soft as EL's Intense Kajal eyeliner pencil or Bobbi Brown's Longwear pencils. It is not scratchy on my lids, but I was a little surprised that it did not glide on as easily as my other pencils. The color was not fluid, either; meaning it sort of "skipped" during application. The worst part was looking in a mirror less than 3 hours after applying it and seeing a big smudge mark under my right eye. At first I thought maybe it was my mascara... but upon closer examination, it was purple- not black. I gently wiped away the smudge, but I found it came back about an hour later. This is NOT good, MAC! At my age, I do not want an eyeliner pencil that cost me over $20 (with tax) and does not hold up... and leaves me looking like a teenager who hasn't yet learned how to use an eyeliner pencil. <--- (And this is meant as no offense to teens- I was once young and experimental, too! Inexperience happens.) Anyway, I am very disappointed in this pencil, and I would not really recommend it nor purchase another. :o(