April 21, 2014 | 1793 users online

Foundations - E.L.F. - Acne Fighting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Lizpaola25

Overall good foundation. Has decent coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by lilmissyblee1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm almost mad as I write this, but in a good way. Why? Well, when I think about the money I spent trying so many different foundations, trying to find one that gives me everything that this one does, then finding this, it drives me nuts! Ha. Anyway, on to the good:

The color I chose (buff, after lots of researching online; no one seems to sell this in store) is actually yellow enough for my banana skin. Every other foundation I've tried, save for one brand of MMU, which was too dry for me anyway, had this hint of pink, even if it looked yellow in the bottle. And it always took on a pink cast on my face. This does not and the shade matches me more perfectly than anything else. (I paired it with E.L.F.'s yellow HD powder and its almost TOO yellow! This actually looks better on its own though)

The coverage is amazing and looks nice and smooth on the skin. I have crappy skin so this is a must, and it does the job gorgeously.

I can't really speak to it's ability to fight acne, because its too new for me. But it has some great ingredients in it, and it performs so well that any acne mitigation it provides will just be icing on the cake. I do have acne prone skin, so fingers crossed.

The price? Fuhgeddaboutit. I mean its so cheap and often goes on sale.

The cons? None yet. This is HG material, as long as I don't wake up with a rash or something in the morning.

The packaging is OK.....be careful how you squeeze it though.

So far, I am completely smitten. Good job E.L.F.!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Winter is the worst for me. My dry skin gets even drier, which of course means more moisturizer which doesn't help due to the fact that I'm also acne-prone. My skin was rebelling and I needed a medium-full foundation, preferably one with a slightly powdery finish so I didn't have to wear powder (i.e. more makeup) to cover the spots that refused to leave. Enter this foundation.

Color Bought: Porcelain; NC15-20
Coverage: Medium-Full
Finish: Matte, slightly powdery

Pros: It was everything that I wanted - medium to full coverage, perfect color, slightly powdery finish but still natural looking. Easy to blend, covered like a dream, incredibly cheap ($6 USD), lasted pretty well (I'd guess 5-6 hours, with minimal show through), and a little went a very long way so it was an excellent value.

Cons: Broke me out:( It should be noted that I have incredibly sensitive skin and shouldn't use products with silicones in them, which this does, so it was my fault; I was desperate and figured "how bad could it be?" any-who, I had three marks from old zits on my cheek, covered them with this foundation only to break out in those three same spots! A week after stop using this, the zits departed.

Overall: I took one lippie off because it contained 9 different silicones, which seems a bit of an overkill. I won't be repurchasing but if you know you can wear foundations with silicones and want a foundation that's cheap and covers well, this foundation is worth a try.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a medium-tan asian girl and i just converted from Revlon Colorstay oily/combo liquid foundation (Rich tan 350) to this one in Beige. I bought it online so couldn't swatch and i would say it is more to colorstay's Early Tan 340 which is abit light for me.

I have worn this acne fighting foundation with and without primer, which i found both to work the same. It is creamy and easily blended unlike colorstay. IMHO, this foundation is medium-full and provides more coverage than the 24hr colorstay. Manage to cover most minor acne/scars and touched up the darker imperfections with my LA Girl HD Pro concealer in Medium Bisque (both are very similar colours!).

I've very oily combo, acne prone skin (result of living in tropical country)and i found this foundation to have shrunk my pimples and didn't cause any new ones. Lovely! Staying power about 2-3 hours before i need to blot and reapply powder. 6 hours before it starts to separate on my nose, which is normal for me! However, this foundation does transfer! I guess that is only fault it has.

I still love it cos of the convenient squeeze tube and cheap price. I will repurchase this in Sand and see how the shade goes on me. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by klemon822

I was really hopeful for this product to work. I had read fantastic reviews and had done a lot of research. I was switching over from Covergirl BB cream.

THIS PRODUCT RUINED MY SKIN. I got angry red marks all over the lower edges and sides of my cheeks, the ONLY area on my face that I had never had acne before. I got white heads and cystic acne (which I've never had before).

I only used this product for a few weeks before returning to the CG BB cream. I've been left with devastating hyper-pigmentation that 'm still trying to get rid of 3 and a half months later. My skin was finally getting better after years of acne, but now I have more scarring than ever before. Oh well, back to teh drawing board.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cachmehere

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

My daughter and I took a leap and tried this foundation. Normally we use department store only. This is our absolutely HG!!! It blends like a dream, doesn't settle into fine lines, and where I am dry I just moisturize really good before I apply. I do not use primer for the first time ever and I have the oiliest skin ever....no primer needed with this. I use Clinique Stay Matte powder in honey on top and finish that off with HD loose powder in yellow from ELF. I am tan so I use the color sand.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I just received this foundation. First, I love how it blends, the texture glides easily. It doesn't look cakey and doesn't set into fine lines, but may accentuate dry patches. You may moisturize very well before applying this foundation if you've combo skin like me. Unfortunately, the color match wasn't good. I bought this in Porcelain, thought it would match my skin because I have yellow undertones and the lightest color available was Ivory, but it seems to have more like very pink undertones. So, I went for Porcelain, but it's a tad too dark for my skin and it turns orangey. I think I will mix it with another lighter foundation, because I very like this foundation, it would be my holy grail foundation if the color would match my skin. They're good ingredients in the formula, so it will not break out my sensitive acne-prone skin like other foundations do. Overall, it's a very good foundation and so cheap, like 5 bucks, can't beat it. I just took off one lippie for the color range.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by xoLoveLeti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly don't understand how this hasn't gone viral in the beauty community. It is the PERFECT holy grail foundation- and I have tried it ALL. The only down-side I can think of is that it doesn't have a 12 hr + staying power for those long days... but everything else- from shades, to coverage, ingredients, etc... is perfection. Plus, it's cruelty free! Porcelain worked well for my currently pale yellow toned skin, but I am interested in seeing what Ivory is like. Plus I mean, $6!? C'mon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Whindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

so i dont have a lot of acne problems just the occasional pimple here and there every now and then, but i wanted to get a foundation that will still help my skin instead of add to the pimples like most foundations would do. As soon as i saw this on the site i had to get it, i got the one in porcelain, at the time they didnt have very many selections to choose from, once i got it, it was a bit tanner than i was but not by a huge amount, can barley tell. this foundation IS AMAZING! it has amazing coverage, very thick but doesnt even feel thick or heavy on your face, almost like your not wearing it at all. It lasted me about 6 months, now it does seem like its too small but a little truly goes a long way with this foundation, its very east to blend and also easy to blend things with it like blushes and bronzers. A 6$ foundation that lasted me 6 months and covers while it helps your skin, thats a steal! there is always a hit and miss with elf but when it is a hit, its a pretty amazing hit! I will say now that they have a much more range of colors which im happy bout they use to only have like 4 colors but now i think they have like 8 shades, they finally have ivory which im happy about, and i did just order my new one and i cant wait for it to come in. Also i will say that when you open it a lot will come out because they fill that bottle full with product! But to be honest thats something that happens to higher end products as well. the only thing is is that a lot does come out like enough for a full face for 2 people. thats probably the only issue, i also do like how they designed to bottle is simple and not messy (besides when you first open it) other than that i give my full 5 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

Wow. That's all I can say. If you get the chance to pick this one up, I'd say try it for sure. It's only 6 bucks but feels wonderful on the skin. It's a thick foundation..I use the elf small stipple brush to apply and blend. That's really all I need, it gives beautiful full coverage! I have dry skin and this does not accentuate my flakes. I've used many brands and this is definitely the most easy foundation I've dealt with. Pick it up girls, what's there to lose?