February 1, 2015 | 2185 users online

Foundations - E.L.F. - Acne Fighting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:18:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a medium to full coverage foundation that lasts all day on me. Demi matte finish and looks more natural when applied with a beauty blender. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Corrina618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So happy!! Ive been using makeup forever mat velvet for a long time and can say that theres a comparison. Similar texture. I think mat velvet stays matte longer but its also $30 more a bottle so for that i can blot once or twice... Not many colors to pick from i bought two incase i need to mix them...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 2:49:00 PM More reviews by blegeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i'm loving this product so far. porcelain was the perfect shade for me (I'm a NC15 in MAC) and i'm quite pale. it was a bit cakey and hard to blend but once it's on, it's perfect. it's completely full coverage, exactly how i wanted it. it works best if you use a primer though, makes it blend better onto the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2015 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Chubilovesyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As one of the girls here mentioned it completely ruin my face. Red stops, cystic acne all over my chin. The one place I have never gotten anything. I was so exited to get this product but oh well. Even though it blends well, and lasts, it's not worth it for me. For my acne-prone, sensitive and oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2015 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Lizzobelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted so much to like this product coz shaanxo's review on youtube sounded promising. However, I was hugely disappointed. I have super oily skin but my cheeks are a lil dehydrated. Oily but dehydrated. This foundation was just not blendable. My face was dry n cakey in an hour of using it. The only way I can make this work is if I use a super creamy moisturizer plus primer. If I use a light moisturizer, it won't sit well on my face n my skin becomes flakey and cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by beautyarte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this foundation in the spirit of Black Friday; mostly because I got my pale winter skin back and needed a foundation to match. I have a hard time finding the right shade and I am still not pale enough for their second to lightest shade, although I will be very soon. It is a tad lighter and they do have limited options. I bought porcelain and the next option would have been buff, but that was also too dark. It lays on my face nicely and is velvety smooth. I am still experimenting with it, but so far it is good enough for everyday use. I would say that it is a better product for oily skin but not the best. It isn't as opaque as they make it seem, but it gives a decent amount of coverage. I will probably use it again because it is actually a decent product for the price and since I am a student it fits right into my budget. I was using a drugstore $10 foundation that was terrible and would just melt off my face throughout the day and this foundation is cheaper and superior.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by gnkaede

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

sand=nc37 ish, with a slightly more neutral under tone
buff=pink toned in swatch but yellow on face, around nc30
caramel=nc43 ish but more neutral. mac nc45 concealer is pretty orange in comparison

yeah this stuff is great. packaging is fantastic, fuller coverage than Mac prolongwear concealer, matte, six dollars, lasts well, dries totally untacky. i just wish there were more colors, or that you people would color reference to help a brotha out so I know what to order. seriously why say "i had trouble finding a color match" if you aren't going to help the rest of us out with a nice color reference?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Behemath

I used to wear MAC Studio Fix foundation in NC20, but once my tan faded a little, I found that it was too yellow for me. Also, my skin started to break out a lot on my cheeks for no apparent reason, so I thought I'd hit two birds with one stone and get a new foundation for my paler winter skin that would also cover my new spots and scarring. I got the shade 'Buff' which is a perfect match for me now, so hopefully this will be a helpful point of reference for those buying online who aren't able to test out the shades beforehand (So.. Buff is suitable for skin that's a little paler and less yellow than MAC NC20)

First of all, the only bad thing that I can say about this product is that I've noticed after hours of wear that sometimes (not every time) it can look a little cakey around my mouth, but please bear in mind that I use a beauty blender to apply, so you maybe wouldn't have this problem if you were able to really buff it in with a brush.

But anyway, that's not a big deal, because there are so many good things about this foundation! Despite the high coverage, it still manages to look natural and I don't even have to use concealer anymore. I like the simple packaging. I like the smell. And I love the price! It was only a fraction of the price of my previous foundation, which shows that you don't have to pay a fortune to get great products :) Great product, and I'd highly recommend it if your skin's going through a rough patch and needs a little extra coverage, or if you are simply looking for a full coverage foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Rarely would I consider buying a ds foundation online, but in this case I couldn't resist. The reviews are all sooo good! I admit, my hopes were too high when I went into this. I'm comparing this $6 foundation to other great foundations also advertised as full-coverage. I found this to be: Thick, not blendable, medium coverage, and resulted in a dull ashy look.

Compared to cream foundations that I love, this is still thick. To make it work, I used Nyx Dewy setting spray -- I wouldn't walk out the door otherwise.

The "acne fighting" ingredients are tossed in at the bottom of the ingredient list. The second ingredient listed is Cyclops, a known trigger for acne-prones. Sometimes it's not what's added, but what's taken away that makes a formula great for sensitive people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

This is my all time favourite full coverage foundation for those breakout times when I need a thicker coverage but still want a fairly natural look. I need to emphasise that this is an incredibly FULL COVERAGE foundation. You literally only need a penny sized amount to cover your entire face, and I recommend using a buffing brush to get a smooth, natural finish as caking tends to occur when applied with a sponge or fingertips. If you use more than a penny sized amount you'll probably get some caking.

When applied lightly, this foundation completely covers any redness or acne I may have with absolutely no need for concealer, even on dark eye circles, though I like to use a bit of E.L.F's undereye setting powder just because it gives me that extra glow! This foundation makes my skin look absolutely flawless and sets to a semi-matte finish without powder and a matte finish with powder. (I use E.L.F's Tone Correcting Powder or Essence That's So Matt!) It can be a little dry looking on dry/combination skin if not preluded by a good moisturizer and primer. My picks at the moment are Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF 15 moisturizer and Flower In Your Prime Perfecting Primer.

I took one lippie off because the shade selection is very sparse. I have the shade Porcelain and it's slightly too dark and yellow toned for my skin, even though it's the lightest shade. ELF should really consider expanding their shade range to suit caucasian, fair skin, considering how many people have complained of this issue.

All in all, for skin that's acne prone or prone to redness, this is a must have, and at only $6, you can't beat the price.