E.L.F. Acne Fighting Foundation

3.9

Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5% Inactive Ingredient: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethoxydiglycol, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crossploymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Talc, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-18 Benonite, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark oil, Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Jiuce, Hexapeptide-9, Hamamelis Birginiana (Witch Hazel) May Contain: Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxid

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin and I was looking for a foundation less expensive than the Clinique anti blemish solution. Compered to Clinique anti blemish solution this one gives slightly more coverage.

Unfortunately the ELF acne fighting foundation broke me out after a couple of days use. I still kept it for a while and tried it several times but it broke me out very bad.
Finally I gave it to my sister who is less acne prone but it broke her out as well.

The coverage is very good and it’s much more affordable than the Clinique one so It might be worth a try for others struggling with acne prone skin.
(If you are struggling with hormonal acne try low carb- high fat diet LCHF. It really helped me.)

I have tried a lot of different foundations and I found out this are the only liquid ones that don’t break me out:
Clinique anti blemish solution
Exuviance skin caring foundation

First of all, the price is great for the product you get. I have dry acne prone skin, and got this foundation to cover up my problem areas. It has a thick consistancy but blends well, and gives an amazing coverage. I do only use it on my acne areas, which means I use another foundation for my cheeks, because the skin there tends to get dry and therefor it gets a bit caky and starts to flake after a few hours. But this is not a problem as I just use another foundation in those areas. It is not completely transfer proof, but it covers my imperfections better than any foundation I have tried and lasts for a good few hours.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I had a lot of acne and so I was recommended this foundation by family and friends and decided to give it a try.

The texture is kind of thick and it's obviously to cover acne which I thought was good since it would mean god coverage. But immediately as I started applying it, I think the texture was just too thick for my skin because you could see it starting to cake up and start to flake off. I really disliked it so I just kept it away for a while. One day I decided to try it out again since my acne had pretty much gone away and I only had some dark spots left from it. I thought this time it would be different since my skin was better and healthier now but it was the same as what had happened before. I didn't mind the packaging though I would have preferred something other than a squeezy tube but it is an affordable price so that cant be helped.

So long story short, the foundation caked and flaked off my skin whether with acne or not. It's a good affordable price and the packaging is not too annoying.
But definitely would not be using or buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Bought this 50% on the Black Friday sale. Don't regret it one bit.
- Great coverage; covers mostly all of the hyper pigmentation focused around my cheeks with just one layer.
- Natural looking finish. Looks life-like but quite matte. When I moisturize well, my skin looks almost dewy and luminescent.
- Hygienic packaging -- Love the portable and compact packaging. Not exactly high-end looking but that doesn't matter to me. I like the way the foundation dispenses without creating a mess and allows controlled portions.
- NOT transfer-proof. Also, one time I was crying and the foundation slid all over the place and looked like a chalky mess haha.
- Staying power is good. After 5-8 hour work day it looks like it has stayed in place with minimal or no touch ups.
- Can't speak about how well it treats breakouts because I haven't paid attention but it definitely doesn't cause any and it feels nice knowing there's an extra layer of acne-fighting ingredients. Just in case.

For the price point this is a fantastic product. It has medium to full coverage which is great, especially for acne sufferers like myself. It dries quickly and doesn't feel greasy. It also has decent staying power once it is set with powder. It does seem to help calm and clear current acne and certainly doesn't cause any new flare ups for me. However, as with most ELF foundations Ive tried, they just can't get the color right for fair skinned gals. I bought the lightest shade, Porcelain, and it is still just a tad darker than I'd like. Thankfully I can just mix a dab of my Revlon color stay to lighten it up a bit. I would recommend giving it a try, it's cheap enough.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another product I'd like to give a 3.5 to. Let's start with this: it's without a doubt the best foundation I've tried within this particular price category. I bought it because I am acne prone, and I was both curious and excited about it after having read the ingredients. In the end it neither disappointed nor excited me much. It's a good full cover "bad face day" foundation - particularly because it may even help clear blemishes up, not just temporarily cover them. So I do find myself reaching for it when I'm not feeling confident in my skin and want a fuller coverage. I wouldn't use this as an everyday foundation though, both because it's frankly not /that/ good and because it's quite harsh on the skin. If you're anything like me, you can even feel it working after putting it on! It gives a sort of tingling feeling which feels pretty satisfying. Also on that subject, I feel like I need to stress that this isn't just another 2% salicylic acid product. Combined with tea tree, witch hazel and camphor it's a lot stronger, and if you have very sensitive skin you might want to be a bit cautious of it. To sum things up:

+ I was gonna say you get what you pay for, but I actually think you get far more than you pay for in this case, which is a good foundation for a very small price.
+ Good coverage
+ Hygenic packaging

- Slightly chemical-y smell going on
- Wouldn't go for this if I know I have a long day of wearing makeup ahead of me, as it tends to slide around on my face a bit after maybe 5 hours or so
- Very hard to get off brushes! I use Real techniques Expert face brush for this foundation and I had to go over it with three different cleansers before it was sufficently clean
- The packaging, while hygenic, looks even cheaper than the product actually is.

I'm an NC 30-35 with combination skin. Used to be acne prone, but after using Mary Kay's Acne Solution line, my acne calmed down. On really bad days, my t-zone produces enough oil to grease a small frying pan. I picked up Beige to try it out, and because it looked nearer my shade than Buff did. Although I will say, it's got a pinkish undertone to it. I'm olive skin toned, so you could really tell that there's a pink tone.

Anyway, for the price and function, I would go for this than any other foundation ESPECIALLY If you're looking for one that's super affordable, and one that you'll be using on a daily basis. It's quite tacky when you put it on and It does take a few minutes to set. It fades throughout the day but not so much. I sweat a lot so any foundation would fall off of my face.

But what's more important to me is the fact that this thing has not caused me to break out in the three months that I've been using it. I've used Revlon color stay and some bb creams. I hate to waste money on make up that not only makes me look weird, but causes my pimples to appear!

So yes, I've repurchased and repurchased this product. Please, please, I hope they don't get rid of this line.

Combination of oily-acne brone skin that gets flaky. You can see my skin color through a video I made

I went to disneyland and decided to use this foundation for my first time, it didnt sting my face but my sister has EXTREMELY sensitive skin and she felt a bit of a sting/cooling when she applied, it didnt burn but she felt it working. It goes on as a thick liquid and dries matte (for best look I would suggest lightly applying with a brush). My skin was red when I applied it and I had visible pimples. A couple of hours later (4?) I saw that it had melted in to my skin and was still a bit shiny BUT my face looked VERY clear and there was no visible redness, it melts into your skin very well and looks very nice!! I went home tired and fell asleep, I have sensitive acne skin so when I woke up I thought I was going to break out like mac/any high brand does to my face but my face was actually BETTER than before I applied make up.

Pros: good for acne prone skin, light weight, cheap price!, light/medium coverage, actually HELPS clear acne
Cons: If wearing for a longer time period you may need to add powder and touch up afterwords, only for oily skin and long wear

Definitely a good buy!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Such a great foundation for the price. I have struggled with acne for 2 years now. I can wear this all day at work and when i come home my face doesn't feel oily like other foundations tend to do. definitely recommend this to everyone. i prefer this to other high end foundations.

I purchased this foundation in the shade in BUFF and it matches me perfectly. For a shade comparison, I am MAC NC25-30. The consistency is thick and provides medium to full coverage with one layer. I applied it with a Real Techniques beauty sponge and it gives such an airbrushed look. I set it with the E.L.F pressed powder (the newer one that's round). I don't use it often enough to see a difference in regards to the "anti-acne" claims, but as a foundation, it works well, looks beautiful, and doesn't cause any breakouts on my skin. I love the price which retails for $6.00 but I usually make a list of the things I want and wait for a 40% off site wide sale. That makes it $3.80 for this foundation. It makes my wallet jump for joy. If you are on a budget and need a good foundation, trust me on this and buy this. The packaging is travel friendly and I love it.