August 23, 2014 | 1071 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Warm Palette

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by aknakano

I admit, I fell for the color and finish selection. You get 32 colors that look quite nice in the pan, in a variety of finishes (from matte to satin to shimmery).

There are just kind of 'meh' quality eyeshadows. They have a lot of fallout and tend to have poor staying power. They are much better with a primer or base underneath. (Even the $1 ELF essentials primer works with these.) Do not judge the quality of the ELF singles or the quality of their other products based on this palette!

It was kind of a blessing in disguise that the hinge of my palette cracked. I depotted everything in a last attempt to make use of these. I magnetized a small box from a Sephora gift set, and magnetized the eyeshadows with a bunch of cheap freebie magnets. Surprisingly I am getting much more use out of them depotted since I can rearrange them into other trios. Moreover I can arrange some trios in a smaller magnet palette (the $1 elf essentials one, for example) and so I don't have to pull out the entire palette to use at most 5 colors at a time.

Another interesting thing I discovered when depotting-- some of these shades are VERY similar when applied. The super similar are arranged in the palette so that they are several spaces apart from each other, so it really does seem that you are getting 32 different colors looking at the online photos.

All in all, it is not something I would repurchase but I have been making use of it with the help of some primer and some creativity.

(P.S. I also found these shadows have even better staying power with the ELF smudge pots, though I'm sure they would pair nicely with any creme shadow base.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Man, these shadows alone are pretty weak. But when paired with a good primer & base - they're pretty awesome. If you want success with this palette, be sure to use a primer & base beforehand. Otherwise, you will be pretty pissed at the performance of this palette. The shades are pretty in the pan but don't translate well when applied, unless you've used a base. See a pattern here? BASE! I was ready to chuck it then I gave it a try w/NYX eyeshadow base and it was a complete 180 in pigmentation and performance. Now it's a keeper and for $5 I'll take it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by KristinRuiz94

Love it

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by mackeenzieee

I bought this once when I first starting trying to accumulate lots of eyeshadows, but I should have known better than to trust a palette from E.L.F., hahah. I used the white to the pan and never reached for this palette again (I'd use any white to the pan though, nothing special about this one). These shadows are chalky, not very pigmented, and do not wear well. There's lots of fallout, no matter how you apply or use the brush to grab them. I've never had an entire palette get so dirty with fallout, either. This is a good palette for young beginners or to do someone's makeup at Halloween or something, but based on the price, you'd be better off with one of those inexpensive 88 colour neutral palettes available online from many brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by giainjersey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried a few ELF products and I am not a fan of any beside the facial whip and primer these eyeshadows are a bit chalky, crumbly and fades easily. I going to give these palette away or chuck it!