August 21, 2014 | 990 users online

BB Cream - Amore Pacific - Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product didn't dry me out like other foundations that contain alcohol (which this one does too) or like powder compacts. Sometimes I wear moisturizer underneath, and when I'm lazy I do not use any moisturizer. My dry/combination skin stays hydrated without looking oily.

The sun protection is impressive.
-After one month of sun exposure while traveling, my face stayed fair and fine while the rest of my body burned and tanned (where I wore Clarins Sun care SPF 20)
-I didn't get any sunspots on my face

Like I expected the product doesn't have any of the skincare benefits it claims. I've used two compacts already, and I don't see any of the skincare benefit claims come true.

The only complaint I have is the color. Tan Blush 104 is the lightest available, so I have to walk around looking like I've a slight amount of bronzer on. Now that I'm tanned, it still looks unnatural due to the color.

I might buy it again unless I find a better BB compact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is not a bad product, it does its job as UV protection; with a tiny bit of coverage.
I am not the breakout type so no complaints in that department.
But ...... here are the negatives.
The main product is a liquid, it will be much effective to place it in a bottle, preferably with an eye-dropper type dispenser. Yet the liquid has to be placed in a sponge housed in a loonie size reservoir; and in turn it has to be picked up with another sponge.
If you don't agree that is too ridiculous of package, I have no other words to convince you.
Not to mention the ridiculous price. Definitely a no repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I didn't have high hopes for this product because I usually steer clear of compacts as they tend to be too thick and cakey looking. This howeever has soon become my ULTIMATE HG skin colour product. I don't even feel comfortable calling this foundation because it doesn't feel like foundation nor a tinted moisturizer. It's literally 'my skin but better' kind of product! The consistency of this product is ultra light and it melts into my skin seamlessly. There's no fuss no mess. It hides all my imperfections (redness, blotchiness, pimples, discolourations) perfectly leaving my skin looking gorgeously glowy and like it's perfect. The good thing is that I don't need to retouch up either as it lasts on me ALL DAY until i remove it (I do however set it with my Guerlain Meteorites Voyage Mythic Pressed Powder). I have been using this all spring/summer long since i got it and i'm totally hooked. I use this in #104 Tan Blush for my NC15, GA Luminous Silk #3, NARS Gobi, skintone. This comes with a refill however that refill comibined with the one in the compact makes up 30grams and the usual foundations are 30ml to begin with so essentially you're paying $60 for 30grams of product. Totally HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Complete GAME CHANGER for me. This Amore Pacific Compact is AMAZING. I refused to wear foundation my entire life (I'm 47) and this year I tried Dr. Jart's Premium BB after seeing how it gave a "lit from within" /"beam of light" quality to the skin on my favorite radiant sales girls at Sephora. It still bugged me to put it all over my face (it's lighter feeling than foundation but still - I feel smothered). On vacation in Seoul, Korea 1.5 months ago, I noticed how Korean ladies (armies of ladies on the streets of crowded Seoul that make Manhattan seem roomy like the suburbs) were coming at me with faces that had a "radiant/luminescent" quality which no offense, I knew it was not their skin but a product they were using.

During the Korean vacation, a friend introduced me to this Cushion Compact & I am sold! Using this is such a treat (I feel feminine & glam). After 2 days of no sleep on the flight from Seoul -> NY, I arrived to work exhausted/fried & every female colleague commented how RADIANT I looked. I'm HOOKED!

BB Creams were reinvented/perfected by Korean companies (*invented by 1 German Dermatologist in the 1960's, reworked & perfected by Koreans starting in 1980's). Trust me, women in Korea do not use BB Creams (in a tube) as it's already considered passe (unless they have blemished skin). They ALL use the "Air Cushion", "Color Cushion" that AP renamed in the US Market "CC Cream" compact (which can be easily reapplied few times a day unlike bb creams or foundation). You see all the women with nice skin taking out their Cushion Compacts (Amore Pacific is the premium brand followed by other brands owned by Amore: Iope, LaNeige, etc. similar to E. Lauder owning Prescriptives, Clinique, Origins). I am a minimalist in not wanting bulky cosmetics in my bag - but for some reason, I really love my Amore Pacific compact and I feel glam when I take it out for check-ups, etc.

1 Major Advantage of the Color Cushion Compacts - you can easily retouch and "build" on top of your previous application from earlier before with no caking. Later in the day reapplication of BB Cream or Foundation - one needs to start from scratch.

*For application, an Amore Pacific Sales Rep at a top Dept. Store in Seoul (Shinsegae) - taught me how to correctly apply this way: use the puff (air in puff) that comes in the compact as it's specially designed for best application of cushion formula (puff is specially designed to not soak in any color like a regular sponge or brush). PAT the color on w/ the puff (I put 2 fingers in the strip and "roll" the puff from one end of 1st finger to the end of 2nd finger onto my skin. this will distribute the color evenly instead of splotches of color. "ROLLING" motion is key! (do NOT rub the formula side to side w/ the puff - roll!). In the summer heat, this application felt VERY COOLING as well making the skin gorgeous!

This finish is "dew-y" but not greasy/oily/shiny. My skin is dry so this dew-yness is perfect for me but for the oily-skinned ladies, I don't know - perhaps you could top this w/ powder. Amore Pacific uses bamboo sap instead of water as their 1st ingredient. You might think it's gimmicky but I also have the Iope Color Cushion which has water (not bamboo sap) as the 1st ingredient and I can feel the difference. Amore feels more luxurious & moist than the Iope CC Cushion (although I bought it as it's waterproof while the Amore compact is "water-resistant").

There seems to be some confusion re: the colors. It is ALWAYS best to try in the store (use the clean Sponge strips that Sephora has) but hopefully the below can help:
Amore Pacific Color Compact SHADES go by COMPLEXION: Fair/Dark AND UNDERTONE: Pink/Yellow (Pink Undertones look better w/ "cool" colors like blue/fuchsia & YELLOW Undertones look better in colors like: brown, green, beige)

*LIGHTEST Shade (US Market) -> #104 "Tan Blush" (Fair Complexion/Pink Undertone),
*Medium Shade w/ Pink Undertone: #106 "Almond Blush" is DARKER (Deep Complexion/Pink Undertone) than #104

NEXT Lightest Shade (US Market) -> #204 "Tan Gold" (Fair Complexion/Yellow Undertone - if you look good in brown, green colors)
*Darkest Shade: #208 (Dark Complexion/Yellow Undertone)

#102 is LIGHTER than #104 (US Shade) but 102 is ONLY sold in Korea.

#104 is too dark for me unless I have a tan (I am Korean). I was lucky enough to have a friend from Korea give the #102 to me as a gift. Very fair skinned friends (think Nicole Kidman color) have seen #102 on me, loved/admired greatly so we tried #102 on their skin and it IS BEAUTIFUL - makes the skin extra radiant/ and luminescent yet STILL very NATURAL looking.

I heard Amore Pacific is working on more colors but as #102 is ALREADY sold in Korea - PLEASE BRING #102 to the US Market!!! There is a huge need for #102 in the US for very fair skinned ladies!

*It has been a year since I first tried this amazing product and I STILL LOVE it. It has SPF 50 yet feels so light (bb creams still feel so heavy/suffocating to me & standard foundation - i just can't go there). For the $60 price, you get a compact refill. tip: if the product seems to be running low, flip over the color filled cushion & you will easily get at least a few more weeks of use.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by marybai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very dry, and I loved the dewiness it left on my skin for several hours after application. I tried it for 2-3 days, and something in the product, ether the sunscreen or the fragrance started caused my skin to become flushed with a burning sensation. I really wanted to like this product, but the search will go on.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Un-real. I have been on a quest recently to find a new foundation. Within the past month I have tried: Dior Capture Totale, Ellis Faas, Buxom Show, Boscia BB Cream, several Tarte foundations, Dior BBs, Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing, Diorskin Forever, several of Laura Mercier's & Armani foundations. Probably more. Some were OK, but nothing spectacular, unti this.

It comes in a compact & frankly, I wasn't entirely sure what it was when I ordered it (I was up far too late). I expected a powder or creme. But its a round sponge that you see when looking at its "open-compact" view, and its saturated with liquid. You do not remove that sponge, it is supposed to stay put. It comes with an applicator sponge, but I grabbed my Dior full coverage liquid foundation brush and just pushed it into the foundation's sponge pot. I was shocked and in love from the first application stroke.

It goes on perfectly, sinks in and feels like nothing. I have a lot of HP and I would say that this gives solid Medium, perhaps Medium+ coverage. It covers better than a lot of my full coverage failures of late. It does not dry my skin out; some may wish to set it with powder. Oh, and the packaging is fantastic. It has a solid plastic divder between the foundation pot and the applicator sponge, and then the lid snaps on tightly. Push-button to open. I will have to find a portable liquid foundation brush now. The sponge just wastes too much of the product and I definitely didn't care for how it applied vs. the brush.

I am very surprised at how happy I am to have found this foundation, I literally look like I am not wearing foundation -- only without all of my discolouration and redness. The only downfall I can find at this point is the lack of color choices -- I almost didn't order due to this as I was certain none were a close enough match for my skin. The one I ended up with is lighter than I would ever buy in a store, but it goes on and looks perfect. I will update this if my opinion changes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by muumuu

I have tried every bb, cc and tinted moisturizer on the market... and this is BY FAR the best product I have used. It's build-able coverage and I don't break out from it! I love the packaging and the finish is so dewy and natural. It's not cheap, but it def worth it's price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Another AP product I actually like! This is CC cream in compact form - it's very liquidy in the compact and you apply it with a sponge so it's easy to take with you should you need to touch-up during the day. The sponge it comes with seems to work best for application because it doesn't absorb a lot of product like the majority of sponges do. I like that it feels moisturising and isn't dry or cakey.

It comes in about 4 colours and I ended up getting #104 Tan Blush, which is a light yellowish beige and matches my skin perfectly (I'm about NC20). It has sheer to medium coverage and a gorgeous natural dewy finish. The consistency is great, it feels so light and just "melts" into skin, looks very skin-like. Unfortunately, the fragrance is strong and it burned when I used it near my eyes - but adding to this could also be the sunscreen ingredients. The scent of this though, is stronger than any of the other Amore products I've tried which is a bit odd. I must also add that this make-up is tenacious and requires some effort to remove! It barely budges after long days of work and even after I came home and splashed water on my face, it was still there. I use make-up remover (Bioderma) or cleansing oil and then my normal face wash with a wash cloth to remove this.

Pros:
- natural looking coverage
- dewy finish (or not, can be used with powder to tone it down)
- you get a refill (!!) package with your purchase
- formula is thin and feel lightweight on skin
- SPF 50 (UVA & UVB protection)

Cons:
- fragrance (it doesn't smell bad, but can be irritating)
- compact gets messy easily as the liquid tends to get all over the rim of compact

I would repurchase this - the finish is beautiful, exactly how I want my make-up to look. It's not HG *yet* because I still dislike the inherent messiness of this type of product, and the fragrance is a bit over-whelming. But it's very close. . .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bumble

This provides nice, natural coverage and doesn't look too makeup-y. The price is high but given there's a refill it's not as bad. My main complaint is the scent. I don't mind a little scent in a product, but it literally overpowers the scent of my perfume and it's all I can smell. It takes multiple hours for it to go away, and of course if you need a touch up you're back at square one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Jeditilo

I'm 35 and it was about time I needed to find a foundation I could count on (sadly). So I went to Sephora and a smattering of beauty counters and read reviews and reviews. I would get color matched and bought the best sellers - MUFE, Estee Lauder, Giorgio Armani, MAC, etc. I figured I only needed one good foundation, so I didn't mind spending extra on it. Well guess what happened? I broke out from trying all of these different bases. I started using Amore Pacific skincare products to help with the break outs - I read they were good for sensitive skin. I got great results! So I looked into the color cushion, which is a CRAZY $60! But I thought, I only need ONE foundation, maybe it'll last me a year? And plus, the SPF 50 is amazing. So I tried it on at a Sephora and it was a perfect color match and if I can be honest, I think the coverage is pretty good. At least, it's all I need. I have large pores (the worse thing ever) and redness with some broken capillaries on my cheeks. This covered them up just fine. I can't even tell you how great the finish is. It's like you are wearing highlighter! I can't even explain it, you have to try for yourself. I'm a NC30, give or take depending on my level of sun exposure, Laura Mercier in Sand, Estee Lauder in shade 4.0 or Cashew for comparison. The 208 in Amber Gold was a great match. It's moisturizing, and the finish it gives your skin is just too awesome. And the best part..it doesn't break me out. You gotta try this!