Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+

-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate: 7% -Titanium Dioxide: 4.15% -Zinc Oxide: 9.8% Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Alcohol, Arbutin, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Isostearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Disodium Edta, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Silica, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Camillia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci77499)

on 4/21/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this CC compact for a few months now and I think it does a decent job. It contains SPF 50 which is a huge plus as many, if not most foundations don't contain that much SPF in it. I bought the color 204 Tan Gold for my NC 30-35 skin and I think it works well. It blends well into the skin with patting motions of the cushion provided. I bought mine at Sephora and the downside is the price (I suppose that is with all Amore Pacific products). I wanted to try a CC cushion product as I've heard great reviews on them. This product helps even my skin tone, but does not provide full coverage. A separate concealer is needed to cover more obvious blemishes. But this foundation gives a dewy finish and not matte. Like all Amore Pacific products, there is some sort of fragrance, but I don't mind it, even on my sensitive skin. My face has not broken out from this. I find this product is good for dry skin as well as it is moisturizing enough with the patting motion. However, if not used properly, such as swiping the pad all over the face, this product would be a disaster and would cause microexfoliation to the face, so just remember to pat it on the face, not wipe it. I would not recommend this product to travel with as it is quite chunky and not travel friendly. The downside, besides the price, is that once one side of the sponge is used and there's still foundation left, you need to flip it over to use up the other side of the foundation sponge. I used tweezers to flip mine around and put it back in the compartment case as not to waste any product. The company does provide an additional CC compact so for the price, you actually get 2 compacts. You need to remove the original cartridge compartment and put in the extra one that is provided. Other than that, I'm not certain if I would repurchase this product. It works well but I tend to try new products before repurchasing anything and since there's always new products out in the market, I may not return to this unless there was nothing else better. :)

on 4/7/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product goes on so smoothly, the color is great and it is lightweight, but this product broke me out like there's no tomorrow. LIterally after two days of using this, I noticed small white bumps developed all over my face and it took weeks for it to go down. I really wanted to use this product as it gives me the coverage I want on a daily basis and it has SPF, but too bad I am not sure if it is the ingredients or what's in there that caused my senstive/acne prone skin to flare up. The packaging and everything is beautiful though.

on 11/16/2014 11:58:00 AM

I believe Target sells the same exact product listed as Laneige BB Cushion but in only 3 color choices light, medium, dark. I received a small free sample of the amore pacific and liked it a lot and thought about the full size product ....but $60 is hefty. Then I got lucky a week or so later and picked up the Laneige at my target store while browsing the makeup aisles. Probably never would have looked twice had I not received the sample (I had not heard of bb cushions yet). Same address/distributor,made in Korea, same smell, same compact and cushion applicator...for around $38 including refill pad like the Amore. Still quite expensive but much better! Like it a lot but wish there was a lighter color choice! Laneige "light" matched Amore 104 and both are just a bit dark/orangey for me. I want a lighter more neutral shade (not too much Orange or yellow or pink) and then it'd be absolutely great. I also feel like sometimes it takes me a lot of time to "press" out enough product into the applicator. The product sponge receptacle reminds me of that almay product from years ago, maybe smart something? Can't recall but I appliex that with my fingers and like it enough(light coverage). This product has heavier coverage. I do wish the finish on this product was just a tad more luminous/dewy/moisturizing at my age (40). It ends up settling into being a little bit matte on me .....but it looks fairly natural for the coverage, and you can add more or less product.

on 10/27/2014 12:04:00 AM

I was intrigued by this cc cream, "foundation with benefits" concept and really wanted to love it. However, after about a week of usage, this still hasn't grown on me. Maybe ladies with dehydrated skin or older skin would love it, but I found that the "dewy, moist glow" offered by this foundation and apparently desired by Korean ladies looks greasy on me. It actually looks like I smeared oil on my face, and I reflect the sun like a mirror.

Coverage also isn't quite where I'd want it. I purchased the 202C (which stands for Cover, as opposed to the Natural or Shimmer options) in Seoul, but I'd say the coverage is light. So basically, this product makes my skin greasy-looking in exchange for slightly evening out skin tone, but not actually covering any marks, spots, or imperfections.

I also find that the puff does not offer as much precision as my stippling foundation brush in where I deposit product. I end up with a big wallop of product in one spot. Then it's time consuming to pat-blend it.

What I do like it that this product is hydrating and not cakey or heavy-feeling unlike some US foundation formulations (looking at you MAC). I also like not having to apply sunscreen separately. However, I think I'm in favor of going back to my Shu Uemura Face Architect Foundation at this point, which also offers all of those things in addition to better coverage. Will update if my opinion changes.

on 10/26/2014 2:18:00 PM

I received a sample of this. The sponge was as big as my thumb, pretty much, which is why I give packaging 1 lippie. I had to use my fingers to apply this... Nothing special, in my opinion. Maybe I'd like it better with a full-size package and sponge.

on 8/26/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was lucky to swap for a tan 104. I like the cushion compact idea. Even though it's meant for fair pink undertone skin on me its a tad dark and yellow but works great when I'm sporting a tan. I find this CC cream very light texture and when applied with the enclosed puff cools the skin. I pat on and blend. Very light coverage so for the occasional blemish a separate concealer is needed. Satin almost dewy finish. I do apply powder to set as I prefer a more matte finish. Great for summer as light and wears well with out melt down. Hopefully they well bring the 102 shade to the US as I'd love to try it.

on 8/25/2014 2:29:00 PM

For skin color ref, I am about a NW 20-25 and I have an oily t-zone. I have the Amore Pacific Color Control cushion in shade 102 (the lightest color) and it's a light/medium coverage without getting cakey at all. As I'm typing this, I am on my second compact and have been using this for about 2 years.

I'm a college student that's not a morning person, so putting on makeup fast and looking good at the same time is really important to me. I got this compact as a gift from my mom's friend for graduating high school and I was skeptical at first because I was not familiar with this type of packaging...but it was love at first sight and I started using it so much during my 1st year in college.

This leaves a slightly dewy finish on the skin and stays that way for me the whole day with light powder on the t-zone. It doesn't completely cover my once-in-a-while pimples so I have to use a separate concealer (I use the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer in Vanilla) Use the puff in this compact (it doesn't absorb product like most regular sponges) and PAT it on your face. I use most of the product on the middle of my face, and blend it outwards. This is very very natural looking on my skin and doesn't break me out at all. Putting this on my face probably takes about 2-3 minutes which is such a winner to me during the school year.

Using this during the summer was also the best for me - it didn't slide off my skin at all and my skin felt like it could breathe during the hot and humid days. Also, extra sun protection is a bonus (SPF 50+!!!) I'm just Snow White in general so I get sun burnt easily but I didn't burn at all on my face with this on.

Also, a tip for using this for a very long time, if you feel like you're not getting enough product, flip the bamboo sponge over and you'll get tons more uses out of the other side. Yes this is expensive ($60 at Sephora) but if you follow this tip, you'll keep this for a while along with the extra refill you get.

I believe the shade 102 only sells in Korea (that's where I got my compacts from) so I guess it's kind of a bummer to others that can't buy it here in the U.S. I'll be looking forward to that day they release this color and until then, I will keep repurchasing this forever! Holy Grail!

EDIT: Be sure to wash your sponge after every use. If you don't have time, leave the sponge outside of the compact to dry. It's not good for your skin to use all that gross and damp stuff leftover on the sponge. To wash it, put your hair shampoo (or body shampoo, whatever works) on both sides of the sponge, put it inside of a ziploc bag, and squeeze it with the palms of your hands on the outside of the bag. When you think you've done enough, put it under water and do the same motions with your hands, or else you will rip the sponge. After you're done cleaning the sponge under water, pat it on a paper towel or any towel to get the excess dirty stuff out and to dry it. If you don't wash it like this, you WILL break out and your skin will start reacting badly to the dirty sponge.

on 8/23/2014 11:05:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product - am so happy I found it. Was at Sephora looking for a new BB or CC cream, and the AmorePacific rep happened to be there. I use their moisturizing mask and it's definitely my favorite after trying 4 or 5 other masks, so I was open to giving this product a try. My face looks amazing after I put this on - I keep looking in the mirror in awe. Can't wait to get up in the morning and put it on! Finally found the perfect BB/CC/foundation...

on 8/3/2014 11:10:00 AM

The product didn't cause dryness in my skin like other foundations that contain alcohol (like this one) or like powder compacts. Sometimes I wear moisturizer underneath, and other times I don't. My dry/combination skin stays hydrated without looking oily.

The sun protection is impressive.
-After one month of sun exposure while traveling, my face stayed fair and fine while the rest of my body was subject to burning and tanning (from a SPF 20 sunscreen)
-I didn't get any sunspots on my face

Like I expected the product doesn't have any of the skincare benefits it claims. I've used 4 compacts already, and I don't see any of the skincare benefit claims come true.

The only complaint I have is the color. Tan Blush 104 is the lightest available, so I have to look like bronzer on. Now that I'm tanned, it still looks unnatural due to the color.

The smell was hard to get used to at first, but it doesn't last so it's okay for me.
Usually I don't have problem with fragrance in skincare, but this one just smells horrible.

on 8/1/2014 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is not a bad product, it does its job as UV protection; with a tiny bit of coverage.
I am not the breakout type so no complaints in that department.
But ...... here are the negatives.
The main product is a liquid, it will be much effective to place it in a bottle, preferably with an eye-dropper type dispenser. Yet the liquid has to be placed in a sponge housed in a loonie size reservoir; and in turn it has to be picked up with another sponge.
If you don't agree that is too ridiculous of package, I have no other words to convince you.
Not to mention the ridiculous price. Definitely a no repurchase for me.