November 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

BB Cream - Amore Pacific - Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I believe Target sells the same exact product listed as Laneige BB Cushion but in only 3 color choices light, medium, dark. I received a small free sample of the amore pacific and liked it a lot and thought about the full size product ....but $60 is hefty. Then I got lucky a week or so later and picked up the Laneige at my target store while browsing the makeup aisles. Probably never would have looked twice had I not received the sample (I had not heard of bb cushions yet). Same address/distributor,made in Korea, same smell, same compact and cushion applicator...for around $38 including refill pad like the Amore. Still quite expensive but much better! Like it a lot but wish there was a lighter color choice! Laneige "light" matched Amore 104 and both are just a bit dark/orangey for me. I want a lighter more neutral shade (not too much Orange or yellow or pink) and then it'd be absolutely great. I also feel like sometimes it takes me a lot of time to "press" out enough product into the applicator. The product sponge receptacle reminds me of that almay product from years ago, maybe smart something? Can't recall but I appliex that with my fingers and like it enough(light coverage). This product has heavier coverage. I do wish the finish on this product was just a tad more luminous/dewy/moisturizing at my age (40). It ends up settling into being a little bit matte on me .....but it looks fairly natural for the coverage, and you can add more or less product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by peachyyyy

I was intrigued by this cc cream, "foundation with benefits" concept and really wanted to love it. However, after about a week of usage, this still hasn't grown on me. Maybe ladies with dehydrated skin or older skin would love it, but I found that the "dewy, moist glow" offered by this foundation and apparently desired by Korean ladies looks greasy on me. It actually looks like I smeared oil on my face, and I reflect the sun like a mirror.

Coverage also isn't quite where I'd want it. I purchased the 202C (which stands for Cover, as opposed to the Natural or Shimmer options) in Seoul, but I'd say the coverage is light. So basically, this product makes my skin greasy-looking in exchange for slightly evening out skin tone, but not actually covering any marks, spots, or imperfections.

I also find that the puff does not offer as much precision as my stippling foundation brush in where I deposit product. I end up with a big wallop of product in one spot. Then it's time consuming to pat-blend it.

What I do like it that this product is hydrating and not cakey or heavy-feeling unlike some US foundation formulations (looking at you MAC). I also like not having to apply sunscreen separately. However, I think I'm in favor of going back to my Shu Uemura Face Architect Foundation at this point, which also offers all of those things in addition to better coverage. Will update if my opinion changes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this. The sponge was as big as my thumb, pretty much, which is why I give packaging 1 lippie. I had to use my fingers to apply this... Nothing special, in my opinion. Maybe I'd like it better with a full-size package and sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lucky to swap for a tan 104. I like the cushion compact idea. Even though it's meant for fair pink undertone skin on me its a tad dark and yellow but works great when I'm sporting a tan. I find this CC cream very light texture and when applied with the enclosed puff cools the skin. I pat on and blend. Very light coverage so for the occasional blemish a separate concealer is needed. Satin almost dewy finish. I do apply powder to set as I prefer a more matte finish. Great for summer as light and wears well with out melt down. Hopefully they well bring the 102 shade to the US as I'd love to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sonshinex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For skin color ref, I am about a NW 20-25 and I have an oily t-zone. I have the Amore Pacific Color Control cushion in shade 102 (the lightest color) and it's a light/medium coverage without getting cakey at all. As I'm typing this, I am on my second compact and have been using this for about 2 years.

I'm a college student that's not a morning person, so putting on makeup fast and looking good at the same time is really important to me. I got this compact as a gift from my mom's friend for graduating high school and I was skeptical at first because I was not familiar with this type of packaging...but it was love at first sight and I started using it so much during my 1st year in college.

This leaves a slightly dewy finish on the skin and stays that way for me the whole day with light powder on the t-zone. It doesn't completely cover my once-in-a-while pimples so I have to use a separate concealer (I use the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer in Vanilla) Use the puff in this compact (it doesn't absorb product like most regular sponges) and PAT it on your face. I use most of the product on the middle of my face, and blend it outwards. This is very very natural looking on my skin and doesn't break me out at all. Putting this on my face probably takes about 2-3 minutes which is such a winner to me during the school year.

Using this during the summer was also the best for me - it didn't slide off my skin at all and my skin felt like it could breathe during the hot and humid days. Also, extra sun protection is a bonus (SPF 50+!!!) I'm just Snow White in general so I get sun burnt easily but I didn't burn at all on my face with this on.

Also, a tip for using this for a very long time, if you feel like you're not getting enough product, flip the bamboo sponge over and you'll get tons more uses out of the other side. Yes this is expensive ($60 at Sephora) but if you follow this tip, you'll keep this for a while along with the extra refill you get.

I believe the shade 102 only sells in Korea (that's where I got my compacts from) so I guess it's kind of a bummer to others that can't buy it here in the U.S. I'll be looking forward to that day they release this color and until then, I will keep repurchasing this forever! Holy Grail!

EDIT: Be sure to wash your sponge after every use. If you don't have time, leave the sponge outside of the compact to dry. It's not good for your skin to use all that gross and damp stuff leftover on the sponge. To wash it, put your hair shampoo (or body shampoo, whatever works) on both sides of the sponge, put it inside of a ziploc bag, and squeeze it with the palms of your hands on the outside of the bag. When you think you've done enough, put it under water and do the same motions with your hands, or else you will rip the sponge. After you're done cleaning the sponge under water, pat it on a paper towel or any towel to get the excess dirty stuff out and to dry it. If you don't wash it like this, you WILL break out and your skin will start reacting badly to the dirty sponge.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by tproffer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product - am so happy I found it. Was at Sephora looking for a new BB or CC cream, and the AmorePacific rep happened to be there. I use their moisturizing mask and it's definitely my favorite after trying 4 or 5 other masks, so I was open to giving this product a try. My face looks amazing after I put this on - I keep looking in the mirror in awe. Can't wait to get up in the morning and put it on! Finally found the perfect BB/CC/foundation...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product didn't cause dryness in my skin like other foundations that contain alcohol (like this one) or like powder compacts. Sometimes I wear moisturizer underneath, and other times I don't. My dry/combination skin stays hydrated without looking oily.

The sun protection is impressive.
-After one month of sun exposure while traveling, my face stayed fair and fine while the rest of my body was subject to burning and tanning (from a SPF 20 sunscreen)
-I didn't get any sunspots on my face

Like I expected the product doesn't have any of the skincare benefits it claims. I've used 4 compacts already, and I don't see any of the skincare benefit claims come true.

The only complaint I have is the color. Tan Blush 104 is the lightest available, so I have to look like bronzer on. Now that I'm tanned, it still looks unnatural due to the color.

The smell was hard to get used to at first, but it doesn't last so it's okay for me.
Usually I don't have problem with fragrance in skincare, but this one just smells horrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is not a bad product, it does its job as UV protection; with a tiny bit of coverage.
I am not the breakout type so no complaints in that department.
But ...... here are the negatives.
The main product is a liquid, it will be much effective to place it in a bottle, preferably with an eye-dropper type dispenser. Yet the liquid has to be placed in a sponge housed in a loonie size reservoir; and in turn it has to be picked up with another sponge.
If you don't agree that is too ridiculous of package, I have no other words to convince you.
Not to mention the ridiculous price. Definitely a no repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I didn't have high hopes for this product because I usually steer clear of compacts as they tend to be too thick and cakey looking. This howeever has soon become my ULTIMATE HG skin colour product. I don't even feel comfortable calling this foundation because it doesn't feel like foundation nor a tinted moisturizer. It's literally 'my skin but better' kind of product! The consistency of this product is ultra light and it melts into my skin seamlessly. There's no fuss no mess. It hides all my imperfections (redness, blotchiness, pimples, discolourations) perfectly leaving my skin looking gorgeously glowy and like it's perfect. The good thing is that I don't need to retouch up either as it lasts on me ALL DAY until i remove it (I do however set it with my Guerlain Meteorites Voyage Mythic Pressed Powder). I have been using this all spring/summer long since i got it and i'm totally hooked. I use this in #104 Tan Blush for my NC15, GA Luminous Silk #3, NARS Gobi, skintone. This comes with a refill however that refill comibined with the one in the compact makes up 30grams and the usual foundations are 30ml to begin with so essentially you're paying $60 for 30grams of product. Totally HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Complete GAME CHANGER for me. This Amore Pacific Compact is AMAZING. I refused to wear foundation my entire life (I'm 47) and this year I tried Dr. Jart's Premium BB after seeing how it gave a "lit from within" /"beam of light" quality to the skin on my favorite radiant sales girls at Sephora. It still bugged me to put it all over my face (it's lighter feeling than foundation but still - I feel smothered). On vacation in Seoul, Korea 1.5 months ago, I noticed how Korean ladies (armies of ladies on the streets of crowded Seoul that make Manhattan seem roomy like the suburbs) were coming at me with faces that had a "radiant/luminescent" quality which no offense, I knew it was not their skin but a product they were using.

During the Korean vacation, a friend introduced me to this Cushion Compact & I am sold! Using this is such a treat (I feel feminine & glam). After 2 days of no sleep on the flight from Seoul -> NY, I arrived to work exhausted/fried & every female colleague commented how RADIANT I looked. I'm HOOKED!

BB Creams were reinvented/perfected by Korean companies (*invented by 1 German Dermatologist in the 1960's, reworked & perfected by Koreans starting in 1980's). Trust me, women in Korea do not use BB Creams (in a tube) as it's already considered passe (unless they have blemished skin). They ALL use the "Air Cushion", "Color Cushion" that AP renamed in the US Market "CC Cream" compact (which can be easily reapplied few times a day unlike bb creams or foundation). You see all the women with nice skin taking out their Cushion Compacts (Amore Pacific is the premium brand followed by other brands owned by Amore: Iope, LaNeige, etc. similar to E. Lauder owning Prescriptives, Clinique, Origins). I am a minimalist in not wanting bulky cosmetics in my bag - but for some reason, I really love my Amore Pacific compact and I feel glam when I take it out for check-ups, etc.

1 Major Advantage of the Color Cushion Compacts - you can easily retouch and "build" on top of your previous application from earlier before with no caking. Later in the day reapplication of BB Cream or Foundation - one needs to start from scratch.

*For application, an Amore Pacific Sales Rep at a top Dept. Store in Seoul (Shinsegae) - taught me how to correctly apply this way: use the puff (air in puff) that comes in the compact as it's specially designed for best application of cushion formula (puff is specially designed to not soak in any color like a regular sponge or brush). PAT the color on w/ the puff (I put 2 fingers in the strip and "roll" the puff from one end of 1st finger to the end of 2nd finger onto my skin. this will distribute the color evenly instead of splotches of color. "ROLLING" motion is key! (do NOT rub the formula side to side w/ the puff - roll!). In the summer heat, this application felt VERY COOLING as well making the skin gorgeous!

This finish is "dew-y" but not greasy/oily/shiny. My skin is dry so this dew-yness is perfect for me but for the oily-skinned ladies, I don't know - perhaps you could top this w/ powder. Amore Pacific uses bamboo sap instead of water as their 1st ingredient. You might think it's gimmicky but I also have the Iope Color Cushion which has water (not bamboo sap) as the 1st ingredient and I can feel the difference. Amore feels more luxurious & moist than the Iope CC Cushion (although I bought it as it's waterproof while the Amore compact is "water-resistant").

There seems to be some confusion re: the colors. It is ALWAYS best to try in the store (use the clean Sponge strips that Sephora has) but hopefully the below can help:
Amore Pacific Color Compact SHADES go by COMPLEXION: Fair/Dark AND UNDERTONE: Pink/Yellow (Pink Undertones look better w/ "cool" colors like blue/fuchsia & YELLOW Undertones look better in colors like: brown, green, beige)

*LIGHTEST Shade (US Market) -> #104 "Tan Blush" (Fair Complexion/Pink Undertone),
*Medium Shade w/ Pink Undertone: #106 "Almond Blush" is DARKER (Deep Complexion/Pink Undertone) than #104

NEXT Lightest Shade (US Market) -> #204 "Tan Gold" (Fair Complexion/Yellow Undertone - if you look good in brown, green colors)
*Darkest Shade: #208 (Dark Complexion/Yellow Undertone)

#102 is LIGHTER than #104 (US Shade) but 102 is ONLY sold in Korea.

#104 is too dark for me unless I have a tan (I am Korean). I was lucky enough to have a friend from Korea give the #102 to me as a gift. Very fair skinned friends (think Nicole Kidman color) have seen #102 on me, loved/admired greatly so we tried #102 on their skin and it IS BEAUTIFUL - makes the skin extra radiant/ and luminescent yet STILL very NATURAL looking.

I heard Amore Pacific is working on more colors but as #102 is ALREADY sold in Korea - PLEASE BRING #102 to the US Market!!! There is a huge need for #102 in the US for very fair skinned ladies!

*It has been a year since I first tried this amazing product and I STILL LOVE it. It has SPF 50 yet feels so light (bb creams still feel so heavy/suffocating to me & standard foundation - i just can't go there). For the $60 price, you get a compact refill. tip: if the product seems to be running low, flip over the color filled cushion & you will easily get at least a few more weeks of use.

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No