Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+

3.9

-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate: 7% -Titanium Dioxide: 4.15% -Zinc Oxide: 9.8% Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Alcohol, Arbutin, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Isostearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Disodium Edta, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Silica, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Camillia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Stays on my skin and doesnt cling onto my dry patches. 204 is a good match for my NC 30-35 skin. I believe the fragrance broke me out, this gave me cystic acne on my cheeks and forehead. This is going back to sephora for sure

I bought this at Sephora. I have had good luck with direct from Korea bb creams but the lightest shade available at the store, 104 of this just did not match my skin (NW20-25) it felt too yellow. I also did not care for the "luminous" finish, which just looked shiny on me. So I did return it.

I see there is a 102 on the website, and that might work. But, again, I didn't like the finish. A shame because I would have liked the skincare of a nice Korean brand from an easily available source. I am using the Hera UVMist Cushion long-stay matte in 21. Not perfect but much better for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

In terms of natural ingredient cushion foundations, this product is one of the best.
It is a high-end product.

No Laneige does not carry the same item because they are different products. >.<
Laneige is a cheaper line under the Amore Pacific corporation aimed for those in their teens-20s.

1. Quality
- it has a lot a lot of skincare products including anti-aging products that are good for your skin. (this stuff is expensive. If you compare the ingredient lists for different cushions this product has a lot of different ingredients)
- instead of using glycerol uses bamboo extract to make it even more hydrating
- In addition it is the most luxurious line in the Amore Pacific family (hence the higher price point.)
- paraben-free (FINALLY!)
- very moisturizing
- the ingredients are from various herbs well-known for its cosmetic properties by the Korean industry
(if you're looking for a foundation that has a lot of Korean traditional herbs try Sulwhasoo. It also has way more coverage)
- the only cushion foundation with anti-aging essence included

2. Price-point
- It's not actually sixty dollars per se because they give you TWO things of it.
- I used one a whole year. You use one side then flip it over to the other sponge using tweezers then you're good to go again.
- That means that you're paying $30 per cake for the same amount of foundation you would get in any other company in bottle form.
- Unlike other foundations, Amore Pacific put in a lot of ingredients that are going to make your skin better. It's not just foundation.

3. About Amore Pacific
It is a cosmetic behemoth with over 25 different cosmetic lines and dominates the South Korean beauty market.
I like this brand because they have innovative products.
The cushion foundation was also created by this company (IOPE BB Air Cushion in 2008).
Lancome did not come up with this idea.

I would recommend this product for anyone who really wants high-end skincare, with non-irritating ingredients, probably better for older consumers late 30s and up (as the younger ones don't need so much right now).

For those who bemoan the lack of shades in Amore Pacific who are lighter. Try the IOPE XP cushion. They now have shades in the teens.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Dr. Jart+ Black Label BB Cream in Nourishing (the Korean version, not the one found at Sephora) for the last 4 years, and it has been, for the most part, great. It's also the only one that did not break me out after extended wear (2 weeks+). But I'm always looking for something new, and I decided to give this cushion compact a try.

I really, really wanted this product to work for me. I purchased it in 104 Tan Blush, and it seriously made my skin look INCREDIBLE on first application. Unlike the Dr. Jart BB cream I've been using, it actually just looks like my skin but better but somehow had MORE coverage. It blends all flaws, is moisturizing on my parched skin and super easy to apply. After I lasted 3 days without any issues, I thought I had finally found my new HG. But at around the 1 week mark, my skin just freaked out. I got cystic acne around my nose/chin. Everything started disappearing the moment I stopped using the product.

So for those with sensitive skin, proceed with caution -- it could break you out!

I have finally found my holy grail foundation. After working for years in cosmetics, I have tried many foundations, tinted moisturizers and BB creams. Nothing completely matched my skin tone, and the coverage always looked heavy, streaky or both.

I love this foundation for its buildable coverage, natural finish, sunscreen and perfect match to my skin tone (tan 104). My skin is never irritated wearing this stuff, and it has not caused any breakouts as far as I know.

The compact comes with a refill, and the compact with the refill has lasted me about 8 months with everyday wear. The value for the money is just OK; I've had other foundations that lasted way longer for the same price.

I like to clean the sponges on these every week. I got additional CC sponges from Sephora so that I can always have a fresh, clean sponge to apply the product.

I've been using this on and off for the past month. I bought this at Sephora while I was visiting the States and this stuff is pricey at CDN$72, although you get two cushions so it's better value than the Lancome cushion that just released.
I bought this on a whim as I had heard a lot about cushion products and I've done a lot of research on them and so I just wanted to try one out.

There is a fragrance that I think is rather pleasant and not strong at all.
I'm Asian and I got this in 204 Tan Gold which is yellow tone (yay!) but slightly darker than my skin tone when first applied. It seems to adjust a bit to my skin tone though over time so I like this shade now that it's summer at least. There's only 4 shades available however which can be a limiting factor for others who aren't fair skinned.

This has a glowy, dewy finish. The coverage is pretty light and it could be built up to a medium coverage I would say (as with most cushion products). I don't have major skin problems but this helped to even out my skin tone and the slight redness around my nose and cheeks but it didn't really cover my dark circles or major red acne spots which I use concealer for.

I have combination skin with a T-zone that gets oily within 2 hours, even while in doors, and with this product I apply the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base or the Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Mattifying Primer as my base while using the Lancome Dual Finish powder over top. I would say you must apply a translucent powder at least because this stuff dries kind of sticky (another common characteristic of cushion products). I feel this product lasts me maybe 5 hours or so? I don't take this to school for touch up I do blot throughout the day.

For my first (high-end) cushion product I'm pleased over all and I do plan to use it up along with the accompanying refill (although it isn't my go-to face base makeup for those long school days) I likely won't repurchase because of the steep price and there are cheaper brands (eg. Etude House, Laneige etc.) that I'd like to try which may even perform on par to the Amore Pacific.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is brilliant!!!! Hello J Lo glow!!! I can't imagine wearing foundation again, although I'm not comfortable yet to wear something this light to a special event/formal (but I will try it out once and then decide). The SA said it auto adjusts to your colour as long as you get the general undertone right but I'm the darkest colour and I wear NC42 or MUFE153. It looks expensive but you get a refill with your compact so it's 2 for 1! Amazing skin care and healthy skin, count me in!!!

Stuff is amazing. I swear this has saved my skin. It calms my redness down tremendously, even far after I wash it off. I love wearing this instead of skin foundation everyday. Downside--shades, and I am not sure if this is photo-friendly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this CC compact for a few months now and I think it does a decent job. It contains SPF 50 which is a huge plus as many, if not most foundations don't contain that much SPF in it. I bought the color 204 Tan Gold for my NC 30-35 skin and I think it works well. It blends well into the skin with patting motions of the cushion provided. I bought mine at Sephora and the downside is the price (I suppose that is with all Amore Pacific products). I wanted to try a CC cushion product as I've heard great reviews on them. This product helps even my skin tone, but does not provide full coverage. A separate concealer is needed to cover more obvious blemishes. But this foundation gives a dewy finish and not matte. Like all Amore Pacific products, there is some sort of fragrance, but I don't mind it, even on my sensitive skin. My face has not broken out from this. I find this product is good for dry skin as well as it is moisturizing enough with the patting motion. However, if not used properly, such as swiping the pad all over the face, this product would be a disaster and would cause microexfoliation to the face, so just remember to pat it on the face, not wipe it. I would not recommend this product to travel with as it is quite chunky and not travel friendly. The downside, besides the price, is that once one side of the sponge is used and there's still foundation left, you need to flip it over to use up the other side of the foundation sponge. I used tweezers to flip mine around and put it back in the compartment case as not to waste any product. The company does provide an additional CC compact so for the price, you actually get 2 compacts. You need to remove the original cartridge compartment and put in the extra one that is provided. Other than that, I'm not certain if I would repurchase this product. It works well but I tend to try new products before repurchasing anything and since there's always new products out in the market, I may not return to this unless there was nothing else better. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product goes on so smoothly, the color is great and it is lightweight, but this product broke me out like there's no tomorrow. LIterally after two days of using this, I noticed small white bumps developed all over my face and it took weeks for it to go down. I really wanted to use this product as it gives me the coverage I want on a daily basis and it has SPF, but too bad I am not sure if it is the ingredients or what's in there that caused my senstive/acne prone skin to flare up. The packaging and everything is beautiful though.