April 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

BB Cream - Amore Pacific - Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by marybai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very dry, and I loved the dewiness it left on my skin for several hours after application. I tried it for 2-3 days, and something in the product, ether the sunscreen or the fragrance started caused my skin to become flushed with a burning sensation. I really wanted to like this product, but the search will go on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Un-real. I have been on a quest recently to find a new foundation. Within the past month I have tried: Dior Capture Totale, Ellis Faas, Buxom Show, Boscia BB Cream, several Tarte foundations, Dior BBs, Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing, Diorskin Forever, several of Laura Mercier's & Armani foundations. Probably more. Some were OK, but nothing spectacular, unti this.

It comes in a compact & frankly, I wasn't entirely sure what it was when I ordered it (I was up far too late). I expected a powder or creme. But its a round sponge that you see when looking at its "open-compact" view, and its saturated with liquid. You do not remove that sponge, it is supposed to stay put. It comes with an applicator sponge, but I grabbed my Dior full coverage liquid foundation brush and just pushed it into the foundation's sponge pot. I was shocked and in love from the first application stroke.

It goes on perfectly, sinks in and feels like nothing. I have a lot of HP and I would say that this gives solid Medium, perhaps Medium+ coverage. It covers better than a lot of my full coverage failures of late. It does not dry my skin out; some may wish to set it with powder. Oh, and the packaging is fantastic. It has a solid plastic divder between the foundation pot and the applicator sponge, and then the lid snaps on tightly. Push-button to open. I will have to find a portable liquid foundation brush now. The sponge just wastes too much of the product and I definitely didn't care for how it applied vs. the brush.

I am very surprised at how happy I am to have found this foundation, I literally look like I am not wearing foundation -- only without all of my discolouration and redness. The only downfall I can find at this point is the lack of color choices -- I almost didn't order due to this as I was certain none were a close enough match for my skin. The one I ended up with is lighter than I would ever buy in a store, but it goes on and looks perfect. I will update this if my opinion changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by muumuu

I have tried every bb, cc and tinted moisturizer on the market... and this is BY FAR the best product I have used. It's build-able coverage and I don't break out from it! I love the packaging and the finish is so dewy and natural. It's not cheap, but it def worth it's price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Another AP product I actually like! This is CC cream in compact form - it's very liquidy in the compact and you apply it with a sponge so it's easy to take with you should you need to touch-up during the day. The sponge it comes with seems to work best for application because it doesn't absorb a lot of product like the majority of sponges do. I like that it feels moisturising and isn't dry or cakey.

It comes in about 4 colours and I ended up getting #104 Tan Blush, which is a light yellowish beige and matches my skin perfectly (I'm about NC20). It has sheer to medium coverage and a gorgeous natural dewy finish. The consistency is great, it feels so light and just "melts" into skin, looks very skin-like. Unfortunately, the fragrance is strong and it burned when I used it near my eyes - but adding to this could also be the sunscreen ingredients. The scent of this though, is stronger than any of the other Amore products I've tried which is a bit odd. I must also add that this make-up is tenacious and requires some effort to remove! It barely budges after long days of work and even after I came home and splashed water on my face, it was still there. I use make-up remover (Bioderma) or cleansing oil and then my normal face wash with a wash cloth to remove this.

Pros:
- natural looking coverage
- dewy finish (or not, can be used with powder to tone it down)
- you get a refill (!!) package with your purchase
- formula is thin and feel lightweight on skin
- SPF 50 (UVA & UVB protection)

Cons:
- fragrance (it doesn't smell bad, but can be irritating)
- compact gets messy easily as the liquid tends to get all over the rim of compact

I would repurchase this - the finish is beautiful, exactly how I want my make-up to look. It's not HG *yet* because I still dislike the inherent messiness of this type of product, and the fragrance is a bit over-whelming. But it's very close. . .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bumble

This provides nice, natural coverage and doesn't look too makeup-y. The price is high but given there's a refill it's not as bad. My main complaint is the scent. I don't mind a little scent in a product, but it literally overpowers the scent of my perfume and it's all I can smell. It takes multiple hours for it to go away, and of course if you need a touch up you're back at square one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Jeditilo

I'm 35 and it was about time I needed to find a foundation I could count on (sadly). So I went to Sephora and a smattering of beauty counters and read reviews and reviews. I would get color matched and bought the best sellers - MUFE, Estee Lauder, Giorgio Armani, MAC, etc. I figured I only needed one good foundation, so I didn't mind spending extra on it. Well guess what happened? I broke out from trying all of these different bases. I started using Amore Pacific skincare products to help with the break outs - I read they were good for sensitive skin. I got great results! So I looked into the color cushion, which is a CRAZY $60! But I thought, I only need ONE foundation, maybe it'll last me a year? And plus, the SPF 50 is amazing. So I tried it on at a Sephora and it was a perfect color match and if I can be honest, I think the coverage is pretty good. At least, it's all I need. I have large pores (the worse thing ever) and redness with some broken capillaries on my cheeks. This covered them up just fine. I can't even tell you how great the finish is. It's like you are wearing highlighter! I can't even explain it, you have to try for yourself. I'm a NC30, give or take depending on my level of sun exposure, Laura Mercier in Sand, Estee Lauder in shade 4.0 or Cashew for comparison. The 208 in Amber Gold was a great match. It's moisturizing, and the finish it gives your skin is just too awesome. And the best part..it doesn't break me out. You gotta try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by missusdifficulty

The finish is fantastic. But for the price, and the whole cushion thing, I don't think I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love AP products as a rule; I faithfully purchase the enzyme mask whenever I run out. That being said, I like the fragrance of that as it is subtle. Not so with the cc cream; it is very strong and if you are sensitive to fragrance pass on this one. The formula is very liquidy but does give a nice finish to the skin. I'm also not a fan of the sponge touch pad delivery; it tends to get very messy. As far as color I am NC 25 and found a good match with tan gold. The SPF combined with the lovely finish sold me on this, but I can't hack the perfumed products on my face. This will be going back to Sephora, I'm afraid.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by bella16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My review will be brief as my experience with this was brief. I liked the texture and look of it well enough, even if the whole sponge thing struck me as a bit gimmicky and the 'compact' wasn't all that compact. What compelled me to return it, however, was the heavy fragrance. Obviously, this is a very subjective thing, and others may find it completely inoffensive or even pleasant. I just found it to be too strong and too synthetic. I thought the scent would wear off as the day progressed or I'd get used to it and not notice it over time-- neither happened, and instead it bothered me all day long. This one went back to Sephora, (who, btw, I learned are great about returns).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Smintie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this compact to touch up in the afternoon. I got the 104 Tan Blush and the color blends into my skin very well. I really really like it. I love the scent. It imparts a lovely lovely glow and silky finish. It does not settle into my (rapidly multiplying) fine lines (YAY). It is very forgiving if you keep putting more and more on and doesn't begin to look muddy or thick. I would say the coverage is light to medium. Highly recommend.