April 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Body Clear Body Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by grobanite19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this for the last time last night on my back and neck area. This morning I couldn't figure out why my the skin on my back felt so raw until I remembered that I used this the night before! My back literally feels as if several layers of skin have been peeled off! It's so painful just wearing my bra and shirt hurts!
I do NOT recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by madilune

I had mild-moderate acne on my back and after using this on my back everyday for a month I had barely any acne and after 2 months it was completely gone now I only use it every other day or even just once a week and my acne is still gone. I didn't find it dried out my skin at all, I only used it on the areas I had acne. I also used a separate Loofa for the Scrub. I'm so glad my back is clear, I don't have to be self conscious at all now!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Megzilla30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had mild acne on my back and chest since I was a teenager,just using a body wash does not cut it for me. I first tried the Neutrogena body clear wash and that did nothing for me. So I decided to give this a go.
Fast forward 3 years and I'm still using it. I think it works because it exfoliates so you get all that dead skin off and your pores can breathe. It's nice and sudsy too,my skin always feels super soft now that I use this.
That said,in conjunction with this body scrub I also use a toner once I get out of the shower on all my break out areas. I was using Neutrogena acne stress control toner which works well,but I've recently switched to using Braggs apple cider vinegar mixed with green tea and this works WAY better! When I do get the occasional pimple(mainly on my back) once I put the ACV toner on it's pretty much gone by the next day. I highly recommend you use some type of toner afterwards,it really seems to seal the deal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works. But you have to use it daily. Ever since I stopped using BCP, I started getting some acne on my chest. I started using this daily and once the breakouts dried up, I didn't develop new ones. At some point I ran out and let a few days lapse before I got a new bottle. Big mistake. The breakouts came back. So, as I said before, this really needs to be used daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

I have bought many bottles of this product and I just love how effective it is at keeping my chest and "bacne" at bay. I love the gritty texture as well, and it leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. The packaging is fantastic because when you start running low on the product, you can just flip the bottle upside down and continue to drain the remaining product to the bottom so that you can use as much as possible before throwing it out. There are always 2 bottles of this in my house at any given time because I would hate to run out of this stuff! I use it in conjunction with the Body Clear Body Spray, which I use once to twice a week. Love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

I wish my body worked with this, but I started breaking out even more all over when I started using the product. Dx The smell was decent but it didn't work at all. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by javachip00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been repurchasing this for a while now. This alone didn't clear up my back breakouts, but I think it doesn't hurt. I resolved the acne with Murad's Body Clarifying Spray.

But I do love using this body scrub after shaving. At some point a few weeks ago, my legs started getting bumps after shaving. It was awful! So I tried rubbing this scrub on my legs after shaving, and it totally cleared it up. Now I won't shave without it. It actually makes my skin feel incredibly smooth after shaving.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

This is a 2% salicylic acid scrub. I was happy with the price but that's really about all I can say. I absolutely hate the smell. It smells medicinal and harsh, very unpleasant. I also think it might be a little bit too gritty. I do want an exfoliating scrub but I don't want it to make microscopic tears in my skin. That just makes my body acne worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by marie23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!

This keeps my skin so clear, smooth, and acne free!

I mainly use this on my face, daily. This stuff isnt as harsh as the St. Ives Apricot scrub, so I think thats why it hasn't caused any harm. Salicylic Acid is the only ingredient that really works on my acne, and this stuff has 2%.

This product lasts me about 2 months because I only use it on my face. I take a dime sized amount and gently massage it on my face and rinse in the shower. It clears my pores by gently scrubbing away black/whiteheads and smoothing the skin. Exfoliating daily just works me, but everyone's skin is different. I follow up with a light moisturizer like Cetaphil and Im good to go!

Im not a big fan of the packaging. The product is very thick and is very hard to squeeze out of the container (especially when its running low), so I've made it a habit to keep the bottle upside down in the shower - problem solved!

Overall, I love this stuff. I've been using it for over 5 years and its the only product that has consistently keeps my skin clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, there wasn't a lot of product in the bottle to begin with. I didn't like that at all for the $8 I paid for it. I could have went to Bath and Body Works and got a body wash for $8 that would have lasted way longer. When I finally started using it, it didn't do much. I didn't notice any acne going away, but I also did notice a bump or two on my chest pop up while I was still using it. I wouldn't reccomend anyone buying this. It won't do a lot for you.