November 24, 2014 | 1799 users online

Skincare - Body - Nutiva Coconut Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Chiquitica55

Love everything about this oil ! I swapped my night cream for this and my acne is gone !!! And as for my hair oh lord .. It's never been so long and healthy! I use it once a week overnight on my entire hair and scalp ! My holy grail product and great for many uses ! My lashes and eyebrows are a lot thicker too ! But mainly a miracle worker for my acne ! 💕💕

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Maelor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do wish this came in a glass bottle and was just slightly cheaper but alas it is wonderful all the same. I use this on my body right after my shower when my skin is still moist. It has helped to vanish my eczema spots along with cleaning up my diet through juicing. I recommend this to many of my customers for issues with dry skin such as eczema or psoriasis. Make sure it is extra virgin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried many brands of coconut oil, but Nutiva is the only brand of oil I'd always returned to. When looking for the purest form of coconut oil, organic,unrefined extra virgin is what you'd want to look for. Nutiva's coconut oil is top quality. It never goes bad and smells of fresh coconuts every time I open the jar. I use it mostly for my hair, but, I've also used it to cook with and found that it adds a lot of flavor to foods.

For my hair, I love to use it as a strengthening treatment. I would apply it to my scalp and hair the night before I wash it, then shampoo or co-wash it out the next morning. After styling, my hair is left feeling strong, manageable and very soft. I do this treatment twice a month and on days that I'm not doing this treatment, I'd use it on my ends nightly to protect them from wear and tear.

I also use this oil as a cuticle and nail treatment. It works well to keep my nails strong and flexible and cuticles moisturized and in great shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Dani0518

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I almost died when I ran out of this lol I love it for my dry curlyish hair it works great on skin too. And dry scalp :) with daily use it made my hair feel soft and less frizzy. After I shower I put a bit in my damp hair and leave it till the next day. My hair literally sips this stuff right up. Put some on my little neighbors dry wavy hair, shes like 5 years old, also worked great. As for price its 15 $ for a 15 oz Id say is a bit much if I didn't like it so much. Lol

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by nikkikrishnan

I absolutely love coconut oil. It works on my dry and frizzy hair but it doesn't work on my skin. So i read online and some said it can cause clog your pores and you definitely can't do oil method cleansing using coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I originally bought this to use in DYI lipgloss to use up some warn down lipsticks and it is one of the ingredients. I found this at GNC and it's expensive. I started cooking with it and found it really improves the taste and is much better than a lot of other fats. Then I learned from Myeyeshadow consultant Z this makes an excellant eye makeup remover for hard to remove eyemakeup. She's right. Etude's lash primer, IT cosmedics primers and just about every waterproof mascara are such a pain and pulls out lashes. I rub this in and it melts everything away Plus I don't get the added chemial burn that some of the otc removers do to me. Bottom line this is a HG for me as a remover. Plus that jar lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Gngu3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this coconut oil. I have used soooo many brands for my combo crazy skin, from drug store to high end department store and nothing ever felt as great as this oil. I stumbled on this by reading about oil cleansing and I gave it a try. I am so glad I did! My face looks great, not greasy just fresh and a glow that no other creams gave me.
I now use it in my food and it tastes great. I have 5 month old twins and I believe it has helped me lose some weight naturally, plus it helped my little ones eczema :)
I bought mine from Vitacost at a good price. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in implementing natural products into their skin care regimen. One final tip is, as with any new product, do a small spot test before applying to more conspicuous areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This is my favorite coconut oil and I've tried many. It smells like heaven! It tastes like it smells, with a clear, pure taste. Its also whiter than others when solid, and feels decadent whether used in cooking, or for my dry skin. Just luxurious, and because I like the scent of this co best, I like it best after showering, as a body moisturizer.

I have very dry skin and love this in winter especially. My skin feels supple and plump after yet not greasy applied to damp skin. I don't use it in the summer in the same way because I use self tanner and find co removes st like nothing else including actual st remover and/or other oils.

I buy this as a treat when I've got a little extra to spare since this isn't cheap. But again, worth it as its the best in my view.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by mommydena

I absolutely love this coconut oil! Not only is it organic, but it's unrefined and extra virgin. I use this for cooking and actually substitute it for butter on pancakes, waffles, and a few other baked goods. I also use it as my makeup remover. Works like a charm. I'll rub it on and massage my face for a minute, then take a wash cloth and get it wet with water as hot as I can stand and lay it on my face until it cools off. Then just wipe off. If I want to exfoliate I add a VERY small amount of baking soda to the coconut oil in my hand and gently scrub for a minute. Then I wipe it off as usual. I also use it as my night time moisturizer. If you're wondering if it breaks me out...NO! And I've had acne for 15 years and obviously have very acne probe skin. I just can't say enough good things about this coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jennifereal

Love love love coconut oil. When I want the best coconut oil I purchase this one! The smell and texture is amazing, I use it in my hair, skin and cooking. I use other brands of coconut oil but still think Nutiva is the best one out there!