November 24, 2014 | 2009 users online

Sunscreen - Ombrelle - Ultra Fluid SPF 60 Face

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the same product only 30 SPF. I could find the one I have on this site.
I paid $8.99 for it at Marshalls. It blends pretty well into the skin and leaves a smooth but only slightly greasy texture on the skin. Doesn't look white on my face. Goes moderately well under makeup but again a slightly greasy feel. Slight sunscreen scent that I find kind of pleasant :)
Has pretty good sun protection. I would buy it again but probably in the 60 SPF. It seems to have really good reviews!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by me0kat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one the best facial suncreens I've used. After trying various other products like Neutrogena Sheer Touch/Daily Moisturizers with SPF and Clinique face cream - I never found a consistency I liked. Most sunscreens have always been too heavy to wear on a hot day and deterred me from reapplying or using daily. The not so secret lies in the ultra fluid consistency, as the name implies, this Ombrelle product is extremely light and doesn't feel goopy or messy. The texture is runny though so be careful when applying.

Despite claims of being fragrance free, there is a light sunscreen scent that quickly wears off, so don't be put off by the initial application. The only drawback I find is that this product leaves a bit of an oily residue. Hours after it's been on my face, if I run my fingers on my skin, I can see a shiny residue. I have normal to dry skin so I don't know why this is happening, I have a feeling the product just sticks on your skin, as it creates a barrier, like how sunscreen is supposed to work - I just wish it felt more like an absorbing lotion.

The small bottle is a great advantage, it's perfect for carrying around, and the flat shape fits perfectly in any purse or make up bag. I paid around 18$CDN for this product which is a justifiable price.
Note, Ombrelle is under the same umbrella brand as L'Oreal and, L'Oreal just launched a new line of sun scare products called Sublime Sun which also comes in a "silky sheer" ultra fluid but at half the price. The ingredient lists and texture is practically identical, so I would probably try its sister product next time I need to restock.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

AMAZING cosmetically elegant sunscreen! NB this is NOT a "Euro" style formula with Mexoryl, like many other Ombrelle formulas are. However, it's pretty good, and the best sunscreen is one you'll wear! I've yet to find a Mexoryl or Tinsorb formula that wasn't a greasy mess on my face in anything but cold winter weather. This feels more like a very lightweight primer! It's a liquidy silicone base that just feels/looks like smoothed-out skin. Makeup applies well enough afterward, similarly to after a primer. Comparatively inexpensive, if what you're comparing to is other high-tech facial formulas. Hasn't broken me out (it will if you can't handle silicones, however; it contains several) and I don't seem to be allergic, even though the active ingredients are the same as those in several sunscreens that make me react. The carrier formula must be helping prevent that (so far).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I purchased this sunscreen a month ago at Shoppers Drug Mart for $19.49 for 50mL. I decided to get this one because I have had a very, very difficult time finding a sunscreen for my face that does not make my skin burn and when I was a kid my mom always bought Ombrelle since it suited our sensitive skin. I wear this sunscreen every single day under my makeup- rain or shine, dull or fine since I know that sun damage is the number one cause of premature aging and though I am still young, prevention is key. My favourite thing about this sunscreen has to be how light it is. It is very, very runny which can be a bit of a pain but it absorbs into your skin so well as a result and doesn't feel greasy in the slightest and it leaves your skin feeling very soft and smooth. I apply this after my moisturizer and before primer and I don't find that it takes away from the wear time of my makeup at all. Of course the main thing I am happy about is that it does not irritate my skin at all or break me out- what a relief! I tried the face sunscreen by Neutrogena and that left me with cystic acne and a rashy face. So happy that I found this little gem. I was going to try the one by La Roche Posay but it was $8 for the same amount and I can't imagine anything being better than this. I would recommend it!