Ombrelle Ultra Fluid SPF 60 Face

4.6

Active Ingredients: Homosalate 15%, Oxybenzone 6%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Avobenzone 3% Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimenthicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Nylon-12, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8 Laurate, Methylparaben, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isostearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract.

on 8/10/2015 9:42:00 PM

I have already repurchased this sunscreen and I will continue to do so. We all know it's important to wear SPF every day and this product makes it easier to do so. It's not thick and heavy like most sunscreens. It's very thin and watery which makes it nice and light. I haven't had any issues with breakouts since I've been using this.I wear this every day, all year round, on my face, neck, and chest. It's a good idea to let it absorb for a few minutes before applying makeup. If I'm spending more than a few minutes out in the sun, I apply a different suncreen (I really have no brand preference. Currently, I'm sharing my son's baby sunscreen) to the rest of my body.

The price seems a bit high when you look at the size of the bottle, but it really does last a long time. Besides, your skin is worth the money.

on 6/20/2015 9:49:00 PM

love this! i've been using it daily for about 6 months, and it has not given me an allergic reaction or broken me out. my only complaint is that there is a slight greasy sheen that stays the whole time you wear it. however, i have yet to find a sunscreen that has any less of a greasy sheen, that is both affordable and readily available. honestly, the greasy sheen is barely noticeable anyway.

on 4/9/2015 2:18:00 PM

I'll buy it over and over. It doesn't feel weird, smell weird, or break out my face. It blends in nicely, spreads beautifully, and lasts forever. The spf 60 is a relief for my sun-loving ways. The bottle is small and pours easily, to straight on the face it goes, which is why I gave this products full marks. The price only seems pricey if you think it won't last long. It lasts me 6 months of daily protection.

on 4/8/2015 11:22:00 PM

This is the only sunscreen in 15 years of trying that has not broken me out. Could be because I'm using epiduo as well. It has good protection, doesn't sting under my eyes and dries quickly. It's not matte but not shiny either. It has a slight sunscreen smell. I get no weird bumps or red areas with this sunscreen and I'm not afraid of getting zits. I am extremely acne prone.

on 10/12/2014 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a review for the same product only 30 SPF. I could find the one I have on this site.
I paid $8.99 for it at Marshalls. It blends pretty well into the skin and leaves a smooth but only slightly greasy texture on the skin. Doesn't look white on my face. Goes moderately well under makeup but again a slightly greasy feel. Slight sunscreen scent that I find kind of pleasant :)
Has pretty good sun protection. I would buy it again but probably in the 60 SPF. It seems to have really good reviews!

on 5/26/2014 7:56:00 PM

This is one the best facial suncreens I've used. After trying various other products like Neutrogena Sheer Touch/Daily Moisturizers with SPF and Clinique face cream - I never found a consistency I liked. Most sunscreens have always been too heavy to wear on a hot day and deterred me from reapplying or using daily. The not so secret lies in the ultra fluid consistency, as the name implies, this Ombrelle product is extremely light and doesn't feel goopy or messy. The texture is runny though so be careful when applying.

Despite claims of being fragrance free, there is a light sunscreen scent that quickly wears off, so don't be put off by the initial application. The only drawback I find is that this product leaves a bit of an oily residue. Hours after it's been on my face, if I run my fingers on my skin, I can see a shiny residue. I have normal to dry skin so I don't know why this is happening, I have a feeling the product just sticks on your skin, as it creates a barrier, like how sunscreen is supposed to work - I just wish it felt more like an absorbing lotion.

The small bottle is a great advantage, it's perfect for carrying around, and the flat shape fits perfectly in any purse or make up bag. I paid around 18$CDN for this product which is a justifiable price.
Note, Ombrelle is under the same umbrella brand as L'Oreal and, L'Oreal just launched a new line of sun scare products called Sublime Sun which also comes in a "silky sheer" ultra fluid but at half the price. The ingredient lists and texture is practically identical, so I would probably try its sister product next time I need to restock.

on 5/21/2013 10:03:00 AM

AMAZING cosmetically elegant sunscreen! NB this is NOT a "Euro" style formula with Mexoryl, like many other Ombrelle formulas are. However, it's pretty good, and the best sunscreen is one you'll wear! I've yet to find a Mexoryl or Tinsorb formula that wasn't a greasy mess on my face in anything but cold winter weather. This feels more like a very lightweight primer! It's a liquidy silicone base that just feels/looks like smoothed-out skin. Makeup applies well enough afterward, similarly to after a primer. Comparatively inexpensive, if what you're comparing to is other high-tech facial formulas. Hasn't broken me out (it will if you can't handle silicones, however; it contains several) and I don't seem to be allergic, even though the active ingredients are the same as those in several sunscreens that make me react. The carrier formula must be helping prevent that (so far).

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I purchased this sunscreen a month ago at Shoppers Drug Mart for $19.49 for 50mL. I decided to get this one because I have had a very, very difficult time finding a sunscreen for my face that does not make my skin burn and when I was a kid my mom always bought Ombrelle since it suited our sensitive skin. I wear this sunscreen every single day under my makeup- rain or shine, dull or fine since I know that sun damage is the number one cause of premature aging and though I am still young, prevention is key. My favourite thing about this sunscreen has to be how light it is. It is very, very runny which can be a bit of a pain but it absorbs into your skin so well as a result and doesn't feel greasy in the slightest and it leaves your skin feeling very soft and smooth. I apply this after my moisturizer and before primer and I don't find that it takes away from the wear time of my makeup at all. Of course the main thing I am happy about is that it does not irritate my skin at all or break me out- what a relief! I tried the face sunscreen by Neutrogena and that left me with cystic acne and a rashy face. So happy that I found this little gem. I was going to try the one by La Roche Posay but it was $8 for the same amount and I can't imagine anything being better than this. I would recommend it!