September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Awakening (Spring 2013 Zenergy)

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I just picked this up this last week. I wish Avon would clearly specify which shades are which textures, but I'm going to do that here. The first shade is matte, and is a light egg yolk yellow. The pink/mauve shade is a shimmer. The blue is really pretty, kind of a slightly more cyan, robin's egg color, and is matte. The last color is kind of a purple-tinted brown, and is a sparkle shade. To be honest, I was intimidated by some of the colors in this. I thought the yellow would look really weird, and the blue was way too garish... But I pulled this quad out for a weekend movie, and I was pleasantly surprised. I used all four colors in a look and it wasn't at all clowny. (I pretty much ignored the box's suggestion because it just seemed like it would look as strange as possible.) It was still fairly dramatic, but not in a bad way. (I will upload a photo if I can replicate it well, lol.) I think just about any person could find a look using at least two or three of these that would work for them. I'm posting three pictures because the catalog picture, the online stock photo, and the reality look like three different casing colors. Some of my previous special edition quads are different colors than the standard black, but no such luck here. Also, the bottom two colors are flipped, so I'm not sure which one is named what.