I have both this color and Ruby Woo! I love them both, but I do favor this one more than the other. I really think anyone can pull this color off. It's a very elegant red.
I got it when it first launched!! OMG this color is sooooo beautiful and vibrant! I have heard so much f ruby woo but I don't own it! Heard it was to close to purchase! This lip color makes noise of it's own!
This lipstick is a dream come true, I wear it all the time and absolutely love it! It's so similar to Ruby woo that as soon as my Riri woo runs out I'll be running to MAC and getting the ruby woo. I originally bought this lipstick because I was in need of a new red lipstick, Rihanna's collection had just come out and I'm a huge Rihanna fan and I'd always wanted to try ruby woo so I just bought it online and I was so pleasantly surprised at how amazing it is. I pair it with MAC's lipliner in cherry which is almost identical in colour so works perfectly. LOVE IT!
3grams of product
Traditional mac bullet but its in rose gold instead with Riri written on it in red. The lipstick its self has riri signature imprinted on it.
I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK. I get so many compliments when I wear it. Its bright, bold and makes a statement. The lipstick is a retro matte finish so its not suppose to be as dry as its sister Ruby Woo, but this lipstick is still dryer than a desert. It is the driest lipstick I have ever tried in my life. When wearing this lipstick be sure that your lips are smooth and moisturized other wise it will apply patchy and uneven. I pair the lipstick with the lipliner and it lasts all day long even through eating and drinking. It makes my teeth look crazy white which is great. I wish I had picked up 2 of these because it is now my favorite red lipstick. If you can find it on ebay or something please get it because its an amazing color.
Sometimes I place Russian red over the top to make it more comfortable to wear. But I do really love it.
This is my favorite red lipstick. I panicked coz this is a limited edition lippie, so I stocked on another tube. This is my absolute fave. I love how it compliments my skin tone and when my friends try it on themselves, I find that it's also flattering on them. Plus I love Rihanna so much, I feel so fierce wearing this! It's dry, but not as dry as the Ruby Woo :) I use Maybelline Baby Lips (colorless) to prime my lips.
A one of a kind lipstick!!
Being a collegue girl and obsesed with makeup i was so excited when i hear the whole riri collection thing. As i mentioned, i am in collegue so money is tight and even though i would wanna shop at MAC every week, i seriously cant (PLUS, im from south america where everything is DOUBLE the price...).
Anyways.. i was with my mom shopping when i saw at the mac counter the rihanna display. I HAD TO go and check it out and even though a lipstick is 32 dollars where i live... i was drawn into riri woo. Now, i had heard before about the famous "ruby woo" and being a classy red and must-have. Truth is, that before buying ririwoo i had never own a red lipstick before... i was too scared of being "too much" and not finding occasion to wear it.. ooooh i was so wrong!!!
My mom ended up buying this from me (which was a complete shocker!!) and i put it on right there at the store and had it on all day long.. seriously i could not stop looking myself in every mirror the mall had !! you simply look stunning with this lipstick!!
so.. to the facts:
What i expected from the lipstick:
- bright red
- really opaque
- long lasting
- drying to the lips (since its a RETRO matte)
What I got from the lipstick:
1) "dark/velvet red" --> not bright - in your face- red that i LOVE because its much more wereable and looks far more classier especially if you are using it in the daytime
2) really opaque --> but not to the point your lips look DEAD or it shows everyline of your lips
3) long lasting --> this is by far the thing i love the most, it lasts sooo long!! i use this lipstick for pretty much every party i have and i only have to reapply when im kissing somebody (oops!)
4) Not drying AT ALL!! --> This was a complete shocker!! everybody talks so much about the retro matte's being super dry, you needing to exfoliate your lips, using tons of lipbalm, etc.. and seriuosly me being a dry lips kinda girl, i ONLY need to make sure i use vaseline before i put the lipstick on (which i already do every night.. so nothing that changed my routine)
Overall: GO BUY THIS LIPSTICK!!! It seriously makes me feel so classy and edgy and sexy and all of the above!! I always use this for partying because it just makes me stand out so much and i dont need crazy makeup in the eyes or the face.
* I do recommend if you are not a makeup expert like me, to use a lip liner before, i use one by loreal and fill my lips with it and on top i put riri woo (and eventually when i want to layer it even more i use the Rimmel by kate moss MATTE in #111 - which btw its not that matte and lasts way less than the riri woo.. but still love i - )
Thanks for reading, i know it was a lot, but i love this lipstick so much and im in the looking for more "retro mattes" due to their staying power and classy look.
I love this color to bad you can't reperchise this product again it's limited edition I missed the first 3 times it came finally got my hands on it the color is beautiful it really pops I have ruby woo it is just as dry as ruby roo and a tad darker the ruby woo very slightly mac should make it permenate
I love this color I really do and it maybe because I never owned ruby woo. I've always worn Mac Red but this is so pretty that I plan on buying ruby woo to have one to wear more often.
Red with blue undertone! Such a beautiful colour. Follow me @ resshmaa.blogspot.ca for more makeup talk!
The color is to die for. I'm very pale with dark hair and it looks amazing. I just can't stand how much it dries out my lips. It doesn't glide on easily and it's difficult to touch up easily.