September 1, 2014 | 1982 users online

Scrubs - Tatcha - Deep Rice Enzyme Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ATTENTION LADIES: I am placing a review for a product that is IDENTICAL to this washing powder at a fraction of the price. I discovered this on Amazon it's called Fleur de Lis enzyme cleansing powder. $16.95 for four ounces, the company has been around a lot longer than Tatcha and the product has the same pure organic ingredients, I am thrilled to have found this, the only thing I miss is the pretty packaging of the Tatcha brand….big deal right !!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This reminds me of a long ago love - the Body Shop's Adzuki Bean powder wash. Then I moved on to Komeniku Bijan's Rice Powder wash. This is infinitely nicer, (and pricier,) than either of those. The container is indeed beautiful and serene. It has almost no scent and foams magically from a murky dust. It makes the skin super soft and matte. In a nutshell, I love it. What's within is actually as evolved as the higher price tag and fancier package would suggest.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I received a pouch of this as a free sample when I ordered a $3.95 sample of one of their cremes (I can't remember if it was the eye creme or the moisture rich silk creme). I saw the offer on one of those banner ads that pops up when I'm on this site, and it looked interesting so I clicked through. I spent $3.95 to cover S&H for the creme sample and even though I was just getting a sample, they still let me pick (3) free samples, which I thought was really nice. This was one of the samples & I was very excited to try it. Ordinarily, I have oily, acne-prone skin that virtually breaks out at the mere mention of moisture. HOWEVER, this winter, being one of our worst on record, has finally beat my acne down, and I actually have dry skin. Shocking for me. (Our wind chills have been between 30-55 below zero with regular temps from -10 to -20F). I figured a sample this small couldn't possibly do my skin any harm, and in fact, it might help, seeing how I really have no idea how to cope with dry skin (I've had oily skin for 25 years). This product, according to the site, doesn't contain all those bad, nasties like parabens and artificial chemicals. If I'm going to go the moisture route, I am CERTAIN my skin will be pissed if I use anything less than natural; it would be a pore-clogging guarantee. In trying my sample, I found this product to be really cool. Awesome even. It looks like a pile of drywall dust in your hand, but add water, and it "magically" starts to foam & suds. I did not notice any fragrance. I rubbed it in all over my face and rinsed, and I have to say, I think that is the softest my skin has ever felt. It was soft, but not that gross, greasy, oily kind of soft. I loved it. This stuff is incredibly expensive, so I looked around to see if anyone else makes something comparable. DHC makes a washing powder, which I think I will try because it is way more reasonably priced, BUT I won't be trying it right now because it seems to be more for the kind of skin I usually have (oily). In the meanwhile, I went ahead and dropped the $70 to buy the full-size of this, and I can't wait for it to get here...hopefully while my skin is still in the mood to be dry. I will say, I think the price is insane & the packaging doesn't look too practical, so I will update my review later to note whether my skin continues to love this product & it is worth the price, and to let you know how I like the full-size packaging.
**UPDATE**: I purchased the full-size, and have to say, the packaging is pretty genius. It resembles a big, beautiful egg and looks glass, but thank goodness, it's plastic so it's ok for in the shower. The large white lid comes off and then there is a small slider that opens to a very small hole that dispenses just enough product. I love that. My skin is still in its dry mode, so I began using this product right away. This is bad, but sometimes I only cleanse my skin once per day, either morning or night, and just use a toner to remove make-up/dirt/oil before bed. I feel strange admitting this, as someone who had ALWAYS suffered from oily skin before now, but cleansing with this product twice a day was too much! I never thought I'd see the day when my skin would be too dry to be cleansed twice! I used this morning and night, and by my night cleansing (used nothing else), the effect was slightly taut, reddish skin. In a way, this makes me love the product more, because that means when my skin goes back to being its oily self, I will have a great product to use. In the meanwhile, I will use only once a day. If you are the type of person with all-year, all-the-time dry skin, Tatcha makes two more gentle formulas - I would suggest one of those instead of this. I changed my rating from 5 to 4 lippies though, because I am disappointed that my skin can't feel that absolutely amazing softness from using this twice daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I discovered this product father purchasing 'The Sampler,' which is a 2-week supply of Tatcha products. This is either the first or second step depending upon whether or not you use the camellia oil cleanser first. I use a Sunday Riley cleanser. Then follow with the Deep Rice Enzyme Powder. It's not only effective, but it's fun o use. You simply place a teaspoon of the powder in your wet palm, and rub your hands together until a lather is formed. It's very gentle, and my skin feels clean and radiant after use. Definitely the product I like the most from the entire line. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by osullkj

I blame MUA because I think I discovered Tatcha through a banner ad. I tried the sampler kit and fell in love with this line. I can't really afford to but I did and this is my HG cleanser and exfoliator. Of everything in their line, I will buy this forever. This powder is so gentle and has helped my face clear up! The 'deep' has dokudami which is especially beneficial for healing acne. All of the rice powders have the HADASEI-3 Bioactive Complex. You can read into all that fun on their site. It is so so gentle and my face is so soft and smooth afterwards. I use this morning and night but you only need a little so luckily, it goes a long way! I looked into other enzyme powders but all had sulfates. Everything Tatcha is made without Mineral Oil, Synthetic fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Parabens, PEGs, PPGs, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates (thanks, copy/paste!) This does such an amazing job of clearing my pores that I sold my Clarisonic. It's that good.

If you've a different skin type, there's also a Gentle and Classic rice enzyme powder. I use it to cleanse morning and night (at night, if I've worn make up, I start with the Camellia oil samples I'm still milking). You've got to at least try the two-week set. The customer service is exemplary- a little handwritten note with every order and amazingly fast delivery. Five stars, holy grail, will repurchase forever.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No