December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Bronzers - Tom Ford - Bronzing Powder 01 Gold Dust

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I felt so incredibly compelled to review this bronzer after trying it on because it is truly that amazing!!!!! The bronzers I've tried include Smashbox, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Dior, Sisley, Orlane, Guerlain, Armani, and Shiseido. It's been a battle for about a month or so in trying to find my perfect bronzer. My complexion is a verrrrry light golden tone, I'd say a fair golden, and 15 minutes in the AZ sun gives me a true brown tan. My problem is that bronzers either look light orange on me, dark orange, pink, or as if I just rubbed dirt on my face, and all this results in blotchiness that endless buffing does not relinquish. I also don't have time to buff for 20 minutes if I accidentally throw on a little too much bronzer running late to work. And finally, my neck tan needs to match my face tan!

When I first came across TF Gold Dust, I honestly thought it would be too light and wouldn't show up on me. I swatched it on my hand and was disappointed at how light it appeared. I bought it anyway because it just looked so beautiful!!!! The color is a true golden tone with flecks of gold that you can only see on the face very up close. I like bronzers to have dimension and don't like matte bronzers at all. This bronzer is HUGE, and the compact is by far the most beautiful compact I have ever seen. It contains more product than any other brand I have ever come across, so I didn't mind paying the hefty $95+tax since it will probably last me a while! What I think I love most about this bronzer is that almost anyone with golden hues in their complexion can probably wear it. It can be worn lightly or can be built for a deeper color. Never does it appear dirty or orange--just like a true tan. It LOOKS like you're wearing a $95 bronzer, which means it looks like a super natural tan and not like bronzer at all!

Another thing I really like about this bronzer is that it is not heavily fragranced like Guerlain, which can be very irritating to extremely sensitive skin like mine. Also, it is very soft, smooth, and finely milled and seems to instantly smooth out pores, sooo gorgeous. I just bought the Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow Brightening Finishing Powder to throw all over the face on top of the bronzer, which looks absolutely stunning! I also think the TF Savage Blush is so gorgeous over it--I couldn't stop looking at my face in the mirror! If you can afford it and want the most natural looking tan ever, get this immediately! And I *think* Gold Dust and Terra are now a part of TF's permanent collection, thank goodness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This bronzer is part of Tom Ford's new summer color collection. The compact is awesome and comes in a nice felt carry around bag to avoid smudging it up! It's a pretty huge square, but also ultra thin. So chic looking with a very functional and huge (handy for your purse) mirror. It comes in two colors. I got the lighter one, Gold Dust. The texture is silky smooth and easy to apply evenly. It does not look streaky or "fakey" or overdone even on very fair skin like mine. I was told by the SA that it has a tiny amount of shimmer - to me it looks matte but not flat. Great product for all over quick touch ups on the go and to get a glamorous evening look as a blush or for a little dramatic cheek contour. Definitely a top notch new TF product.