Avon Ideal Flawless BB Skin Loving Beauty Balm SPF15

3.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 5.40% OTHER INGREDIENTS: WATER/EAU CYCLOPENTASILOXANE PHENYL TRIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYLENE GLYCOL PEG-10 DIMETHICONE DIMETHICONE SODIUM CHLORIDE TRIFLUOROMETHYL C1-4 ALKYL DIMETHICONE NYLON-12 OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE POLYSILICONE-11 QUATERNIUM-90 BENTONITE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL STEARIC ACID OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE PHENOXYETHANOL METHYL UNDECYLENATE ETHYL UNDECYLENATE HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER TETRASODIUM EDTA TRIETHOXYSILYLETHYL POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE PROPYLENE CARBONATE HEXYLENE GLYCOL CALCIUM PCA ZINC PCA HEXYL LAURATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE METHICONE COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) FRUIT JUICE SILICA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MALACHITE FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/TOURMALINE FERMENT MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 IRON OXIDES MICA/CI 77019

I was pleasantly surprised at how well this BB cream covered and blended. This was the first BB cream I have used. I am now on my second bottle. Both bottles were in Medium. For the price you cannot beat it. I thought the packaging was also appealing with the black bottle and hot pink writing. My only negative is that Avon still tests some products overseas, Now that I know this, I am hesitant to purchase this product again. Its too bad that they don't conform and cruelty free because then I would not hesitate.

on 3/30/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this product!!!
I have sensitive, slightly wrinkled (40s redhead) skin with red around my nose and mouth. This really did a good job of looking like skin should with out the cakey look. It will require a little more around my nose and mouth to cancel out the red but over all this really blended beautifully and gave me the most perfect color and complexion. I thought I would never use Avon's foundations as I had yet to find a perfect one for me in color or formulation; but lo and behold I have found my HG!!! Way to go Avon! Keep up the good work I am loving you more and more!!! Oh and I got mine at a teensy amount of $7.99 (on sale) so double yay!

on 7/8/2014 3:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I received a sample of this and was pleasantly surprised. I got the shade 'shell' and it was a perfect match for my skin. Bb creams often only have a light medium and dark shade so I found this a plus. The bb cream blended well to a velvet natural finish and wasn't heavy. It covered enough but still look natural. It fitted all my expectations for a good bb cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this BB cream, but it caused too many issues for my skin. It caused my skin to look orange over time while it set on my face. It caused me to break out. It felt very oily on my skin.

It looked "flawless" for the first hour, but slowly turned me into a replica of an oompa loompa. I would not purchase this again.

on 5/1/2014 11:11:00 AM

I bought this hoping to replace a pricier version. At first I loved it. Then after using it a while, I started breaking out. The product also started turning orange. This didn't happen in the beginning. Sometimes a cheap product is just a cheap product. I'll have to go back to my $35 BB.

on 3/21/2014 1:12:00 PM

I have always loved the Ideal flawless foundation so thought i would try the BB cream. This is the first BB cream to try as i am a foundation girl so I will not be able to compare it to others on the market.

I got the shade Natural beige which is suitable for NC25 & NC30 skin. The texture is good and it has SPF 15. The application is easy and it blends very well. The finish has a glow to it, just like the Ideal Flawless Foundation, and it moisturises as well as covers imperfections.

I would say it is suitable for normal to dry skin, not for oily combination, and it is one of those products that look beautiful if you wear it for 3 to 4 hours maximum then it gets oily (so this defeats the purpose of naming it a BB cream which is supposed to prime the skin as well as cover and last long). The coverage is medium and I is not super buildable.

For me having combination skin, I did not find it to be good for my needs, and for £12 here in the UK, it is rather expensive for what it offers.

on 2/19/2014 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Most of the other reviews have accurately covered my own experience with the Pro's and Cons of this product. I love the coverage for the price and how easy it is to apply. I am NC20 and the Light Medium is a very good match.
I will say that it looks a little off and streaky when first applied but after sitting a few minutes it adjusts into the skin beautifully. Unless you looks close it doesn't appear to be on the skin and it covers redness and even brown spots nicely.
However, on me at least, it MUST be set with powder. I have dry skin and usually never have to do this. But this cream stays sticky on the skin and transfers with no powder. Still it doesn't feel mask like, it is nice and light like a BB cream should be
Even with powder and primer it only lasts about 4-5 hours and then my normally dry skin looks extremely oily and if I apply powder again it just gets cakey. So its not great for a whole work day, but convenient for other times.

on 1/24/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love the tube packaging (MUST SHAKE FIRST) and the ease of application. I purchased the light medium and found the color perfect. I cringe before putting on ANY foundation and found no issues with this product. Very light and easy to evenly spread on skin. Glitter? Hmmmmm........I'll have to up the magnification on my cosmetic mirror cuz I don't see it! It's a winner for me ~ hope it does not discontinue!

on 1/5/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wasn't too keen on this product honestly. To me, BB cream should look natural on the skin and instead with this product I am left looking a little cakey. Also their are only 3 shades, none of which are "just right." Haven't totally given up on it yet though. Might try product again at a later date.

on 12/11/2013 3:29:00 AM

To start with, my skin is relatively problem-free: I get a bit of redness, especially around my nose and chin, the occasional minor breakout, and a few dry patches. I have dry/combination skin, so my T-zone can get a bit shiny as the day goes on, but I don't really have a problem with overall oiliness. I usually just wear concealer and a bit of powder, or I go for a light foundation/tinted moisturiser, so this BB cream sounded pretty ideal for me.

This is my general impression after using it for a few months (every day for a week or two, and then on and off from then onwards).

Pros:

-Good coverage. I'd say that this is light-medium coverage, which can definitely be built up to a more heavy medium coverage if necessary. It covers the redness around my nose and chin almost perfectly which is great!

-Natural, non-cakey finish. It really doesn't look like you've got a layer of foundation sitting on your skin, and it didn't catch/sit on any dryer areas of my face. I think that this is one of it's strongest points, personally.

-Very blendable, which meant that it's easy to add a little more to areas that needed more coverage without it being obvious.

-Doesn't break me out/irritate my skin. (That being said, I don't usually have issues like that as I don't have particularly sensitive skin.)

-Wears well throughout the day. I do have to blot/repowder my nose a tiny bit in the later afternoons, but it doesn't 'separate' or melt away in my T-zone which is good.

-Reasonably priced. In NZ, this is about $25, which is about average for a "drugstore" BB cream.

Cons:

-GLITTER. Why, Avon, why? I suppose it's meant to give a glowy effect - and it's nice that this isn't completely matte, but I don't like knowing that if I stand under certain lights my face will be glittering. It's not super noticeable inside/ in normal daylight, but if you look closely in the mirror you can definitely see the specks of glitter. It's the thing that I really dislike about it.

-Colour range. There are only three shades available; I got Shell (the lightest one) which has a yellow undertone. It matched me pretty well, but if I was any paler it wouldn't have worked (I'm Buff in Revlon CS, for reference), especially as it oxidised a tiny bit (not that badly, just a tad) after about an hour.

-Not moisturising enough for my somewhat dry skin. I have used it once or twice without moisturising first, but while it doesn't look awful, it definitely works better with moisturiser first. I'm sure it would be fine for those with more normal/combination skin, and I don't really mind, except that I use a moisturiser which already has SPF and apparently using two products with different levels of SPF can lead to the overall sun protection being lowered.

So overall, I like it okay but I don't think I'll repurchase owing to the excessive glitter (and borderline shade match).