April 23, 2014 | 1857 users online

BB Cream - Avon - Ideal Flawless BB Skin Loving Beauty Balm SPF15

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have always loved the Ideal flawless foundation so thought i would try the BB cream. This is the first BB cream to try as i am a foundation girl so I will not be able to compare it to others on the market.

I got the shade Natural beige which is suitable for NC25 & NC30 skin. The texture is good and it has SPF 15. The application is easy and it blends very well. The finish has a glow to it, just like the Ideal Flawless Foundation, and it moisturises as well as covers imperfections.

I would say it is suitable for normal to dry skin, not for oily combination, and it is one of those products that look beautiful if you wear it for 3 to 4 hours maximum then it gets oily (so this defeats the purpose of naming it a BB cream which is supposed to prime the skin as well as cover and last long). The coverage is medium and I is not super buildable.

For me having combination skin, I did not find it to be good for my needs, and for 12 here in the UK, it is rather expensive for what it offers.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by zella_angel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Most of the other reviews have accurately covered my own experience with the Pro's and Cons of this product. I love the coverage for the price and how easy it is to apply. I am NC20 and the Light Medium is a very good match.
I will say that it looks a little off and streaky when first applied but after sitting a few minutes it adjusts into the skin beautifully. Unless you looks close it doesn't appear to be on the skin and it covers redness and even brown spots nicely.
However, on me at least, it MUST be set with powder. I have dry skin and usually never have to do this. But this cream stays sticky on the skin and transfers with no powder. Still it doesn't feel mask like, it is nice and light like a BB cream should be
Even with powder and primer it only lasts about 4-5 hours and then my normally dry skin looks extremely oily and if I apply powder again it just gets cakey. So its not great for a whole work day, but convenient for other times.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by imasocalgirl

Love the tube packaging (MUST SHAKE FIRST) and the ease of application. I purchased the light medium and found the color perfect. I cringe before putting on ANY foundation and found no issues with this product. Very light and easy to evenly spread on skin. Glitter? Hmmmmm........I'll have to up the magnification on my cosmetic mirror cuz I don't see it! It's a winner for me ~ hope it does not discontinue!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by LucyLimz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wasn't too keen on this product honestly. To me, BB cream should look natural on the skin and instead with this product I am left looking a little cakey. Also their are only 3 shades, none of which are "just right." Haven't totally given up on it yet though. Might try product again at a later date.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To start with, my skin is relatively problem-free: I get a bit of redness, especially around my nose and chin, the occasional minor breakout, and a few dry patches. I have dry/combination skin, so my T-zone can get a bit shiny as the day goes on, but I don't really have a problem with overall oiliness. I usually just wear concealer and a bit of powder, or I go for a light foundation/tinted moisturiser, so this BB cream sounded pretty ideal for me.

This is my general impression after using it for a few months (every day for a week or two, and then on and off from then onwards).

Pros:

-Good coverage. I'd say that this is light-medium coverage, which can definitely be built up to a more heavy medium coverage if necessary. It covers the redness around my nose and chin almost perfectly which is great!

-Natural, non-cakey finish. It really doesn't look like you've got a layer of foundation sitting on your skin, and it didn't catch/sit on any dryer areas of my face. I think that this is one of it's strongest points, personally.

-Very blendable, which meant that it's easy to add a little more to areas that needed more coverage without it being obvious.

-Doesn't break me out/irritate my skin. (That being said, I don't usually have issues like that as I don't have particularly sensitive skin.)

-Wears well throughout the day. I do have to blot/repowder my nose a tiny bit in the later afternoons, but it doesn't 'separate' or melt away in my T-zone which is good.

-Reasonably priced. In NZ, this is about $25, which is about average for a "drugstore" BB cream.

Cons:

-GLITTER. Why, Avon, why? I suppose it's meant to give a glowy effect - and it's nice that this isn't completely matte, but I don't like knowing that if I stand under certain lights my face will be glittering. It's not super noticeable inside/ in normal daylight, but if you look closely in the mirror you can definitely see the specks of glitter. It's the thing that I really dislike about it.

-Colour range. There are only three shades available; I got Shell (the lightest one) which has a yellow undertone. It matched me pretty well, but if I was any paler it wouldn't have worked (I'm Buff in Revlon CS, for reference), especially as it oxidised a tiny bit (not that badly, just a tad) after about an hour.

-Not moisturising enough for my somewhat dry skin. I have used it once or twice without moisturising first, but while it doesn't look awful, it definitely works better with moisturiser first. I'm sure it would be fine for those with more normal/combination skin, and I don't really mind, except that I use a moisturiser which already has SPF and apparently using two products with different levels of SPF can lead to the overall sun protection being lowered.

So overall, I like it okay but I don't think I'll repurchase owing to the excessive glitter (and borderline shade match).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I'm not going to lie, I hated this stuff at first. The lightest shade is a bit chalky so I then went with light/medium. I will probably mix the two as I get paler in the winter months. Very liquidy and light to medium coverage, though more on the medium side. This needs to be applied over dry skin with preferably no primer or moisturizer although if you do use moisturizer first, let it dry COMPLETELY before applying this. I have no problem applying it over metrocream once it has completely soaked in. That's how I avoid getting patchy areas and streaks. It IS very dewy but I like that. What I REALLY like is how nice my face feels after I take this stuff off. I swear my skin's condition is improving - I still have rosacea but my skin looks really nice in the non-rosacea areas. I'm going to keep using it to see if I'm not dreaming and I'll update my review.

Update 2/17/14 - Still loving this. Might get a bottle of the medium shade for summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by CarmenDigi

Tia is my first BB Cream. Sam Chapman used it on Pixiwoo for a primer. I used Dior Skin Nude and both these products have the same top two or one ingredient. I tried the Avon BB cream and it had to dry. About 10 minutes. It's very dewy. I set it with MAC prep and prime then used NC20 pressed powder for touch ups. It worked fine. Very simple but you have to let this dry adequately. Don't put powder on before it dries. Caused it to have uneven coverage for me. I'm going to try a few higher end formulas but I think you can get away with a $9 or $10 BB product. Regardless, winter is here and BB creams probably won't sell as well as the summer so look for sales and deals in all the usual places.

Cheers!

Carmen

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I need a light product with medium coverage, perfect color match and natural finish I reach for this BB cream.

I have very oily skin so I use a light gel moisturizer and Guerlain Meteorites Primer which is water based and doesn't add moist to my skin. The finish is natural but because I have very oily skin I use a blot sheet to remove all the oils and then set the cream with Guerlain Perles du Dragon Meteorites.

I won't lie to you, I get oily within the first hour, specially on my nose but I have come to terms with this situation because honestly I haven't found a product that holds more than an hour on my nose. The positive thing is that I can blot and resolve the problem as this product doesn't break with the oils of my face, if I can I add Rimmel's Matte pressed powder but if I'm out I still look presentable and my makeup looks tidy.

I like the packaging, is hygienic and allows to squeeze the right amount of product; also, is very pigmented so a little goes a long way and it's buildable if you add a dot of the cream on the zones that need more coverage.

I'm positively surprised with this product, to be in a good range price it holds very well. I'm sure this suits normal skin types better but I can't help myself, I like the velvety finish this delivers and I find that the pigment stays on my face despite of being very oily. And before I forget to mention, I'm very oily and still need a moisturizer underneath, I have tried with no moisturizer and this doesn't look good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by rainkiss10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best for dry skin... Leaves a natural finish that stays all day. Pat powder over it and you're fone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this last summer. It has some pros, for example it comes in a light enough color for very pale people like myself. It had light to medium coverage. the spf is nice. But I couldn't get over the fact that it was sticky and oily feeling all day, even when I set it with a powder. I had to return it. It could've been worse because it was summer and it was hot all the time but what better time for BB cream than in the summer? I was a little disappointed with this but it might be ok for you if you have very dry skin. I wish I could give this two and a half lippies but alas I had to go with three!