April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Victoria's Secret - make it last prime and set makeup spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This was the first setting spray I ever used (back when it was called Face Prime -- as other reviewers have stated, the product is exactly the same, it just has a new name and packaging). I was skeptical about whether or not setting sprays would really make a difference, so I didn't want to shell out a ton of money on one. I saw this at Victoria's Secret for around $10, so I decided to try it, and I think it's a pretty decent product.
I do think my makeup lasts longer when I set my face with this. I don't think it makes a HUGE difference, but I do make sure to use it when I know I'm going to be having a long day and I don't want my makeup fading on me. I think Model in a Bottle, which I also have, is a much more hardcore setting spray...I reach for that for special occasions or extra long days. But Make it Last is nice as an everyday product.
As a primer, this is OK, but nothing amazing. It feels nice and light and refreshing on the skin, and it sinks in super quickly, so I tend to use it on days when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to wait for my primer to set. Again, I think it makes a slight difference in how long my makeup lasts, but it's nothing drastic. I feel like when I use this, I get a few extra hours before I start getting shiny. This isn't my favorite primer if I'm breaking out or having skin issues, because I don't think this smooths over the skin as well as other primers. If I have a big blemish that is healing and is a little dry and flaky, for example, this doesn't help smooth over the dry patch to make my foundation go on smoother. But on days when my skin is pretty normal and clear, this works fine.
I do like that this doesn't really have a scent, and I like the new packaging...It's a lot less bulky than the old packaging. Like I said, this product isn't a miracle worker, but it is nice for everyday use. I would recommend something more heavy duty for special occasions when you really need your makeup to last or if you're going to be really active during the day. This is a lot cheaper than other primers and setting sprays on the market, and it's a two-in-one product so it's nice for travel, so I would recommend trying this out and seeing how it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by awinter13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product, I will never use a different primer or setting spray ever again. plus the new packaging is beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by monicamayuga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

IN LOVE!!! I cannot emphasize enough how much I love this product! It beats UD's De Slick 100%. I've heard about this product a while back, but I think they discontinued it for awhile. While waiting in line to pay for my 8 for $26 underwear, I stumbled upon this spray! and I am so glad I did. I have oily and acne-prone skin. I work 8-11 hour shifts per day and have no time to touch up. This spray lets me not worry about my makeup melting of my face! I spray it on after I moisturize, then put a little bit of my Tarte primer (I know that might sound excessive, but trust me it helps!), then go on with whatever foundation I feel like using that day, then after I set my foundation with a powder, I spray this product one more time, and I'm out the door. I don't have to touch up at all during the day. At the end of my shift, my face just looks dewy, not oily/greasy. This spray makes any foundation look like a high end foundation. I've just been using my Neutrogena Skin Clearing foundation with this spray and it looks like I'm wearing my Chanel Perfection Lumiere or better! MUST BUY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

I had been using model in a bottle for quite some time and loved it, but it was annoying to have to keep ordering it online and pay for the shipping. So I looked for another setting spray. I found this one in Victorias Secret for only 15 dollars so I figured it was worth a shot. When I first used it I didnt like it, because I was only spraying my face like twice and thought it didnt do anything. After I realized I needed to use more sprays I fell in love. It keeps my makeup on all day and keeps me relatively shine-free. It takes a little while to completely dry but other then that I cant say anything bad about it.
I will definitely be re-purchasing when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by MissBay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay ladies, this product is $14 at your local Victoria's Secret, the quality was amazing for not exactly a drugstore brand, but between a drugstore and high end brand, as for the packaging, the only downfall is it sprays a ton on my face, and for the pricing, it was seriously worth the $14! Great Product! Love it! And would buy it again! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Primes Sets makeup well! My tinted moisturizer stays as well as my powder. I'm trying to use natural makeup just to hide my acne scars so this definitely helps keep the moisturizer and powder on longer and has lessened touch ups. It's great for only $14

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Clo0107

This is my holy grail setting spray!! I have oily skin especially now in the summer, and this controls it so well! It does give a beautiful natural glow to my skin and keeps my makeup lasting longer. I will always repurchase this!! and for the amount you get for the price you can't beat it! One bottle lasts me 4 months. It's the same exact spray as the face prime one that was discont'd only different packaging. Go Get It!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by CELAARIEL8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had just ran out of my FACE PRIME spray that was unfortunately discontinued by VS, and i walked into a VS hoping for the best. I asked one of the SA if they sold anymore of the spray primers, since i know face prime was no longer available. To my surprise she said they have the exact same one only difference is that its in a new bottle. And boy was she right, i ran home and checked the ingredients on my old bottle and yes same exact ingredients! i used it over the weekend and to my opinion it worked exactly, the same. I even took a nap with my makeup and to my surprise its still looked as good (same test i did with my face prime). Just spray right before I apply any makeup and right after i'm done with my makeup to set. Don't hesitate to try, $14.00 well spent!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No