Victoria's Secret Make It Last Prime & Set Makeup Spray

4.5

Water, PVP, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, AMP-Arcylates/ Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Citric Acid

on 2/25/2015 4:00:00 PM

Per Victoria's Secret this has been discontinued and and isn't just being reformulated or repackaged.

I don't know how I'm going to live without this stuff! I worked at VS for a couple of years and never tried the product even though many women came in raving about it, until we had our winter SAC and all the makeup was discontinued and super cheap. They were originally $14.00 CAD, and had been marked down to $3.50 CAD, so I decided to pick one up. I tried it the next day, and holy cow... I didn't know it was possible for my makeup to look that good that long!! I wore a few sprays under my makeup as a primer, and over my makeup as a setting spray. I also tried it just under and just over and it worked just as well. They ended up going on even more of a discount, and at $1.75 CAD, how could I resist buying the remaning 12 bottles in the store right?? RIGHT! Hopefully you were able to get your hands on one of these! I'm going to save mine for special occasions so I don't run out, and pray they bring back the line!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Im on my third bottle. That says much! I wasnt a primer/setting spray fan until this. Tried MAC fix Plus wasnt impressed. This is slightly sticky but not uncomfortably so. Just enough to 'hold' makeup in place, take away the powdery lokk and give a lovely radiance. Its a great moisture spray as well due to the glycerin in it. I love this and will continue to purchase. I will say that I transfer it to the mini fix plus bottle. The mist is finer and its travel friendly so took one lippy off for the packaging.

on 12/3/2014 4:52:00 PM

I grabbed 2 bottles of this because it was on sale for 3$ so I since using setting sprays I love trying new ones and for the price I was like heck yea! It works really well. You can use it before your makeup or as a setting spray to hold it. I used it for setting and my goodness my makeup did not budge and I had a watery eye dang allergies. But my makeup stayed on perfectly. I do spray semi generosly so it left me a little shiny. But my Hourglass Diffused Light got rid of it no problem. Then I dust some Ballz on and my skin looks normal 😋 I like the spray on this it's pretty fine better than others I have. This says it works for 8 hours I think I got more but it works excellent and I want to go back and get more while there still there.

Great product! I will use this daily and save my more pricy ones for special occasions because this is an excellent product. Love it! Totally Recommended:)

on 8/18/2014 8:27:00 PM

Love it ... Discontinued again? Urgh - hopefully they're just rebranding again.

on 7/18/2014 10:28:00 AM

I am absolutely blown away by this product! Long ago I've heard so many good things about the Victoria's Secret Face Prime as a dupe/alternative to the UD setting sprays. So when I saw the Prime & Set in store, I assumed that it is essentially the same product, just repackaged, and bought it straight away.

The packaging is nice and simple, just a clear plastic bottle with a sturdy spray top. It looks like it has a lot of product in there, which is great. Price is pretty reasonable as well. I bought it for SGD$22 in the Penang Airport. No complaints here.

For priming, I use quite a lot of sprays all over until my face looks pretty damp/wet. It takes awhile to dry but I definitely do let it sit there for 5 minutes until it doesn't feel wet anymore (it will still LOOK wet, however). At this stage, it does feel VERY tacky on the skin - I was pretty shocked! I tried this with a powder foundation that is notorious for 1) oiling up super quickly, 2) being easily transferrable and 3) caking up horribly. The powder doesn't break me out, however, so I was also testing if the setting spray broke me out.

I was afraid the tackiness will cause the power foundation to bunch up the moment the brush touched my skin, but it didn't! It definitely took a bit more effort to buff the powder over the skin due to the tackiness, but the end result was amazing. I could layer the powder more so than usual without it looking too cakey. After powdering up, I used 2 more light sprays over the top to set. The skin didn't feel tacky anymore, but it definitely didn't feel as soft as velvet since my powder doesn't produce that sort of finished texture.

Typically, pressing a clean tissue over my skin would cause much of the powder to transfer, but this time, NOTHING transferred at all! It did transfer after I washed and wiped my mouth after eating, but so much less than if I didn't use the spray. With this powder, I usually oil up within a half hour, but even after 3-4 hours this time round, all I had developed was a healthy glow that I would be more than happy to get with a natural-finish liquid foundation. There was absolutely no caking and no breakouts as well, which was mind-blowing considering how much powder I had piled on and how often I touch my face.

Needless to say, this oily-skinned girl will be repurchasing this if I ever do run out of this bottle! I am excited to try this with liquid foundations, but judging by the results after using a horrible-performing powder foundation with it, I have very high hopes.

on 7/18/2014 12:10:00 AM

This product is amazing! Both as a primer and setting spray. I've got very sensitive skin and I found it hard to find a primer that worker well with my makeup and MAC Fix made me look way too oily after an hour of having it on. My makeup stays well on even after a night of partying and doesn't make me look oily at all! Definitely a great product, I've tried many primer's and this by far is the best!

on 6/20/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

ehhh... not sold on the fact that it helps makeup to last... it definitely does not protect makeup in extreme heat if you sweat or at the gym. everyday wear maybe but not heat or from sweat.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Victoria's Secret Make It Last Prime & Set Makeup Spray isn't my favourite primer, but it is pretty good for the $14 it costs. Luckily, this product doubles up as a makeup setting setting spray! I prefer to use this as a setting spray as opposed to a primer because although it works how its supposed to - it makes my face tacky & does prime it for makeup application - I find that I have to put on A LOT for it to work well. I think it's because my skin is really oily? It does provide a good base for putting on makeup. I don't think it lasts "for up 8 hours" like the bottle says. Again, that's probably because I've got oilier skin than most. I just use it to set my makeup & then keep it in place after application.

The packaging is a clear spray bottle with a black pump & clear top. The label itself is pink with black, white, silver, & pink details. It's very "Victoria's Secret-looking". The primer is a clear liquid which smells like any other primer - nothing special or different. This didn't break out or irritate my skin at all. The only con is the wear time on my skin.

on 2/11/2014 2:55:00 PM

This was the first setting spray I ever used (back when it was called Face Prime -- as other reviewers have stated, the product is exactly the same, it just has a new name and packaging). I was skeptical about whether or not setting sprays would really make a difference, so I didn't want to shell out a ton of money on one. I saw this at Victoria's Secret for around $10, so I decided to try it, and I think it's a pretty decent product.
I do think my makeup lasts longer when I set my face with this. I don't think it makes a HUGE difference, but I do make sure to use it when I know I'm going to be having a long day and I don't want my makeup fading on me. I think Model in a Bottle, which I also have, is a much more hardcore setting spray...I reach for that for special occasions or extra long days. But Make it Last is nice as an everyday product.
As a primer, this is OK, but nothing amazing. It feels nice and light and refreshing on the skin, and it sinks in super quickly, so I tend to use it on days when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to wait for my primer to set. Again, I think it makes a slight difference in how long my makeup lasts, but it's nothing drastic. I feel like when I use this, I get a few extra hours before I start getting shiny. This isn't my favorite primer if I'm breaking out or having skin issues, because I don't think this smooths over the skin as well as other primers. If I have a big blemish that is healing and is a little dry and flaky, for example, this doesn't help smooth over the dry patch to make my foundation go on smoother. But on days when my skin is pretty normal and clear, this works fine.
I do like that this doesn't really have a scent, and I like the new packaging...It's a lot less bulky than the old packaging. Like I said, this product isn't a miracle worker, but it is nice for everyday use. I would recommend something more heavy duty for special occasions when you really need your makeup to last or if you're going to be really active during the day. This is a lot cheaper than other primers and setting sprays on the market, and it's a two-in-one product so it's nice for travel, so I would recommend trying this out and seeing how it works for you.

Popular Primer/ Correctors