Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Perfect Pout Lip Color - Ferguson Crest Cabernet

4.9

on 5/5/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

my new favorite lipstick!! i've been on a hunt for the perfect plum color, that is long lasting, and doesnt dry my lips out. i noticed this in walgreens and picked it up on a whim. i wore it today and was amazed that i finally found everything that i had been looking for and for less than 3 bucks! i have spent almost 20 bucks on lipsticks that dont hold a candle to this one. it was my first lipstick from this line but i will definitely be going back to walgreens to get more shades. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

As others have mentioned this seems to be a really good dupe for MAC's Rebel. I had this on my wishlist for a year before I finally got it (don't live in the States so it's harder to find any of these cheap American drugstore brands without paying a lot thus defeating the purpose of the cheapness). I couldn't believe how opaque the colour was and how long it lasted! So stoked! I always pair it with a lipliner and that helps ensure the longevity of it. Really impressed with the quality, would recommend this lipstick to anyone looking for a beautiful plum/wine coloured lipstick. The only con is that the packaging itself is really awful and scratches off super easy. I keep the lipstick in a makeup bag and within days of having received it, it looks like I've had it for a million years. Also, you have to be careful when taking the lid off the lipstick as the lipstick is longer than the bullet when brand new so if you take the lid off at any other angle that isn't straight, you will end up scraping your lipstick all over the inside of your lid.

on 10/29/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have Rebel and Sugar Plum Fairy, but I bought this because they're not quite the same (you can spot the difference side by side and once swatched). SPF is darker and has more of a plum tone, and this is so bright that it is a better dupe for MAC Rebel. Rebel is sheer compared to other MAC Satin lipsticks and it takes longer to build the color, but Ferguson Crest Cabernet goes on smoothly in one swipe and doesn't bleed. It's better quality than the Megalast lipsticks, and still cheap for $3.28.

on 10/20/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My new current obsession! I bought this as a dupe for a higher priced lipstick and I unexpectedly love this one better for 1/4 of the price!! It applies smooth and although it leaves a pink stain behind, it's worth it as the color is a rich purple that lasted me all day long with little re-application. Amazing lipstick find for a girl with expensive taste but a crying wallet.

on 7/14/2014 3:57:00 PM

i picked up this lipstick without any intention before and i never regretted it! the color payoff is amazing and even though it looks like a dark plum on the stick its actually more of a purple-pinkish tone that would flatter any skin color. its very creamy and pigmented, one swipe and you could already get a decent coverage on the lips and the staying power is wonderful! it does fade out a bit after eating and it leaves a pretty pink stain on the lips. the only downfall is prolly the packaging that wont retract well unless youre careful enough but well at a fraction of such inexpensive price i couldnt complain much!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I loveEEeeEE this wine-colored, purple ish lipstick. It lasts forever, isn't drying, flatters my skintone, and costed me under 5 dollars, which is CRAZY for a lipstick of this quality. I hate that it doesn't roll down all the way, though.

on 6/15/2014 5:58:00 PM

this lipstick is a dupe for MACs rebel. I always get so many compliments when wearing it, it is my favorite!

on 1/8/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

beautiful! stunning with green eyes.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Crest Cabernet is my first purchase in the Fergie line. I normally would never reach for this shade but I was feeling a little bold and decided to get it. This is gorgeous. This is what a fall lip should be. Vamp but not ridiculous. It is just tipping the edge of being too sexy but it is safe enough for daytime. I don't own MAC Rebel so I can't compare. My first attempt at vamp lips was with the ever so popular Revlon Black Cherry but that was a epic fail for me. Black Cherry was too dark, too over the top and too red for me. Crest Cabernet has a strong rich berry tone to it which works better on my skin. The finish is creamy and pigmented. The texture is comfortable to wear. For someone like me who fears bold lips, please try Crest Cabernet!

on 11/17/2013 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh, I seriously ADORE Fergie's line of lipsticks. I also have the red one...I believe the name is Sangria? Or something of the sort? But anyways, this one is a gorgeous deep wine-y purple color and it's just a great lipstick. Smooth, opaque, long lasting, and it doesn't feather or run. It's definitely got a bit of a shine to it though, it's not matte like I originally thought when I bought it. But it surprised me because it stays on my lips better than my other matte lipsticks. I can actually kiss my husband while wearing lipstick! It's a miracle!

Although it's an improvement on the other wet 'n' wild mega last lipsticks' packaging, the tube is still flimsy as hell and somehow lipstick gets smeared all over on the inside and no matter what I do, I can't prevent it.

All in all, it's a great lipstick and for $3.50 or however much it is, you should definitely pick this up. Perfect for fall and it looks good on all skin tones :)

Recommended for Medium Skin