July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Liquid - Illuminare - Concealing Mineral Foundation (Semi-matte Finish)

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin: NC15, leaning lighter at times, neutral undertone, normal, acne-prone

My usual foundation: for a while Revlon Colorstay in Normal (lightest shade), then Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation (lightest shade), along with Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Sin Enhancer in SX05.

I received this in a swap, shade Porcelain. I decided to try it because it had gotten good reviews here on MUA. I'm happy with the Bobbi Brown, and more than happy with the KASSE, but I'm always interested in trying new things.

I tried this for the first time yesterday, and applied it with a dampened Beauty Blender. It only took half of a dime size or so to cover my whole face. And I do mean COVER. With this I needed no extra concealing at all. It blended pretty easily, but did feel a bit thick. While the tube says that it's semi-matte, I would consider it a matte finish.

The next time I use it I will try mixing it with something else to sheer it down a bit, and I'll consider not setting it with powder to see how long it lasts on its own.

As for whether I would re-buy this, it's listed online for $27 USD, so I'm not sure. I said yes, because I'm not unhappy for having swapped for it. So far I do believe I like it better than my Bobbi Brown, and I think I paid about the same for it at a Cosmetics Company Store. I'll have to use it a few more times before I decide if I love it or not.