April 17, 2014 | 1597 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Invisible Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this as a substitute of my NARS powder foundation because I simply had no time to wait for it to arrive via post.

I love it, I actually think I love it even more than the NARS one. This powder foundation does exactly what it says in the package, corrects your skin tone and is invisible on your skin, the pressed powder seems to have a bit of shimmer but it is completely undetectable upon application, it can range from sheer coverage if applied with a powder brush or medium if applied with the acompanying sponge, the packaging is a bit like MAC Studio Fix Powder where the pressed powder lifts to reveal the sponge compartment. Depending on how my skin looks and it doesn't give me a chalky powdery finish. It looks very natural and feels comfortable on my skin.

It didn't break me out which is a huge plus and I don't look greasy or oily as the day goes by, on warmer days I get slightly shiny but it's not unpleasant, just slightly more dewy. This is a wonderful foundation and I was very pleasantly surprised, my only gripe is that there isn't a lot of product and they don't sells refills which makes it more expensive and less ecological than what it should be.

I have already repurchased this product having lost my first compact in the back of a cab, don't ask,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about a month now and really like it! It evens out my skin tone and make my complexion look all glowy and lovely. It lasts all day in work and withstood the heat of Spain during my Summer holiday not so long ago. It does look quite natural. It's not drying and manages not to go into melt down, even in heat.

It is easy to apply and ideal for someone like me who is not a morning person and not too clever at applying makeup. All I want is something I can slap on with little effort but maximum effect. It comes with a sponge applicator which is really useful for top ups during the day (though I find this unnecessary once it has been applied). I sometimes apply with the Ecotools Kabuki brush but the applicator supplied does just fine.

I find for my skin this provides adequate cover, however it would not be wonderful if you did need a fuller coverage foundation. I had a slight blemish where my skin had reacted to suntan lotion during the summer and used a concealer stick to completely cover this. You could use a setting spray if you thought this was looking a little cakey on you but I don't find this.

My skin type would be combination - dry. As for colour matches I can't really comment because I have got a bit of a tan and am currently matched to 2CN1. Normally I would be about NW15 but currently it's just too light for me. There does seem to be a good range of shades anyway to match a range of skin tones and shades.

This is a pricey product (for me anyway!) but I am very pleased with it and would possibly buy again (if I was feeling flush that day or wasn't tempted to try another new latest foundation. I'm fickle!).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No