August 1, 2014 | 938 users online

Polishes - Clarins - Nail Colour

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Vibrant, beautiful colors, but it chips, rather than dries, in 60 seconds!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by StaceyRoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm new to the world of nail polish, as I have recently quit biting my nails :-) I find Clarins polishes to be of very high quality, with an almost gel-like quality that is quite forgiving for a newbie :-) The polish seems to sit very lightly on the nail, if you know what I mean, but I find the colour pay-off to be good. Only slight downer is the price; however I scooped up a couple on sale for AUD$14, so it wasn't too much of a problem for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by SCL

I got a few of the very small sample bottles free when i bought Beauty Flash balm. Shade number 103 looks like a very pale pink (think French manicure), I usually wear either black or very bright fluro colours so wasn't sure this was for me. However, it is great, makes your nails look lovely and healthy and always comes in handy when black or fluro aren't suitable for the occasion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 6:33:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought two Clarins nailpolishes since they were on sale, shades #103 and #231. The shades are really light, natural and lovely but I wasn't expecting too much since most transparent light polishes have been really hard to get right for me. To my surprise these were wonderful, so easy to apply and streak free after just one application. The shades themselves are really pretty and transparent, makes nails shiny and even, not glittery or overly pale or pink. Just so much better than they naturally do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 11:47:00 AM More reviews by thehobbit2

This is my absolute HG nailpolish!!! I got the Pink Shimmer color from the Sheer Shimmers line, and I'm just addicted to it! It gives the most well groomed and sophisticated look to nails. It looks so fresh and glossy, not to mention the divine milky pale pink color. There is not much shimmer though, in fact it can only be detected under strong light and strong inspection, but it does not bother me, as the result is more than perfect! It is however quite cool in tone, which fits me, but might be good to consider for someone else, because even the best products can look so wrong if the tones are not matched and off... For my part: definite repurchase, despite this being a quite expensive nail color. EDIT: As much as I love this, I will not repurchase because after a few months the polish starts to get old and becomes very hard to handle. Do not get me wrong, I did have this for quite some time, but still... I just had to toss a half full bottle of it :( Still love Clarins though, and I do not blame them for this. I just don't use up a bottle of polish quick enough, and this particular formula seems to be better fresh... I still find it to be the most gourgeous polish, I just prefer to toss out half a bottle of smth cheaper :) Luckily I have managed to find a very similar, and much cheaper polish to replace this one with, but I'll always remember it with good feelings :D Perhaps one day they'll come in smaller bottles...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Enting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE LOVE LOVE Clarins polishes! I have Pink Shimmer from the Sheer Shimmers collection, and it just has got to be one of the freshest looking polishes out there. The shimmer is so delicate that it only shows if you really look for it under strong light, but I don't mind. This color is actually more a milky pale pink, which gives the nail a very fresh, almost "crispy", but oh' so well groomed and sophisticated look. Even if this is a bit on the pricey side, I will keep buying. The quality is great too. A manicure lasts me a week easily. I'm so loving this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 12:14:00 PM More reviews by hounddog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice packaging and good quality. Non streaky. It lasts on me better than Chanel. Lumene is cheaper but just as good. I have no reason I would not repurchase. I love them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2005 8:32:00 AM More reviews by linhvu

16$ for a little cute nail polish bottle is way expensive. But for clumpsy hands like mine, this is pretty easy to apply (although it might be a little bit uneven), at least easier than other brands i tried before like Revlon or Maybeline.

I use 222 and 225, both are pretty color in my opinion. I think the 222 is way better for asian skin tone, while the 225 is more suitable for white/pale skin.

With the Clarins base/top coat on, it won't chip until i have to use nail polish remover to clean it away. Without a topcoat, it does chip after 2 or 3 days. That's why i took off a lippie. But i think i will repurchase those once they run out.

Update: One more lippie! Now i am more skilled in applying nail polish, or i have figured out how to apply this polish evenly. And i like how my nails look with this on, so lovely. And, even though it will chip after a few days, i don't expect it to stay longer as i have to remove it and apply a new coat anyway. My nail is growing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2004 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in 'beige shimmer'....at first i thought it was gonna look ugly bcoz the color loox beige but when i put it on...it looks clear but a better ....like i just got a manicure type of clear!!!! i luv the silver balls inside so u can easily shake it up and dont have to worry about it getting thick and goopy...unfortunately,i wont repurchase coz i like the staying power and price of my OPI nail polishes better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think Clarins has the best polishes available! The quality is AMAZING, and it is streak-free and just gorgeous! I love shades #216 Pink Seduction and #225 Creamy Beige.