April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by arameep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using these eyebrow pencils for 10 years! I can't believe I've only now decided to write a review on them. They work great and they're dirt cheap! I started out using the charcoal grey one, which they discontinued. It's a shame because that was the best one! I then tried the various brown colored ones, which are all horrible by the way if you have black or dark brown hair so don't even bother. I tried the black one as well, which was OK but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're using a brow brush as well. I generally don't like black eyebrow pencils because they make my eyebrows look unnaturally black. So I actually use the BLONDE one! Surprising, right? Since I'm Asian and definitely not blonde! But the "blonde" is a light brownish greyish color so it actually looks pretty good when I use it to pencil in my eyebrows. It's still not as good as the charcoal grey one I used to get that's why I'm only giving these 4 stars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The maybelline define a brow was my favorite brow pencil until I bought these today. I bought these in medium-dark brown and now this is my favorite brow pencil of al time. Not only is it dirt cheap (two in a pack for $3.50), they are excellent and one would have thought these were high end products.

The color is good for my brows, easy to use, doesn't smudge nor mess up, defines my brows perfectly, not waxy but most of all, the product lasts all day and doest rub off. This is my new to go to brow pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by mimieux7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Been using these off and on for 20+ years. You can't beat the value. The product is smooth, stays put and color range is decent. I use the blonde which is actually a taupe. I have all the colors tho as I've changed my hair color often throughout the years. I do add extra definition with MAC's Lingering pencil and feel the combo of the two really gives me the perfect brow.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sharthesinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm happy with this product. not thrilled but very happy. the reason i'm not thrilled is because the color isn't perfect. i initially bought medium brown fearing the dark brown would be just too dark and the pencils were SO light! then i purchased dark brown (which i'm using now) and the product is STILL lighter than my regular brow color (and i'm a normal brown haired gal). i'm using it anyway, and have asked friends if my brows look natural and they've said yes. now, they could be just being nice, but i have to assume they know they can tell me if i look silly! tee hee. what i LIKE about these pencils is the price, and the ease of use. it's not difficult to use this pencil. color goes on smoothly. stays on all day too. my cousin uses this product as her eye liner as well because she loves it's staying power. my eyebrows are not irritated from using it. i'll stick with these for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

These have been around forever. I am lazy and I don't like to sharpen my pencils. I can get away with using Revlon self-sharpening colorstay for liner, but for my brows, I find that a sharp point is what I need to make things look neat. So these pencils need to be sharpened, no big deal. Love the texture on these pencils for brows - firm but not too hard. Color-wise, I have dark brown Asian hair. You would think I needed the dark brown pencil, but I find the black works best on me. The brown is too reddish or something. I use this pencil to enlongate my brows as they are a bit skimpy at the end. I draw my brows with tiny strokes, only at the end. Then I fill in lightly with taupe or brown Milani eyebrow powder using a Bobbie Brown eyebrow brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm pretty sure this product has been discontinued.
I have black eyebrows, so I went with Dark Brown.
Dark Brown is a medium-to-dark brown with strong red undertones. Even when I swatched it on my hand I knew it would be red. I then lightly filled in my brows with it, and it looked horrendously red. I certainly don't blame Maybelline for this shade not matching my brows, but there are very few people with brows that are naturally reddish brown.
That said, this pencil does the job. I guess it's good for people that don't need anything spectacular or needs a temporary replacement, but the wear time isn't great.
It's also supposed to double as an eyeliner, but I haven't tried that because I think it's too dry for that purpose.
It is, however, dirt cheap at only $3!
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using the first pencil in this pack for MONTHS, and it hasn't dried out or gotten short at all. These are amazing. Dirt cheap and you get two– even though they are short pencils, it's still a phenomenal value. I'll admit, I was somewhat skeptical about these eyebrow pencils when I first bought them. I wanted a pencil, and I saw all these rave reviews on MUA, so I thought, "Why not?" And I am so thankful I did. I now use these every morning, follow with brow powder and clear gel, and I am left with perfectly defined and sculpted eyebrows! You will not be disappointed :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brow pencil has been around forever it seems. It runs around 5 dollars...... you get TWO pencils that lasts for months. There's really not too much to say other than it gets the job done. My hair is golden blonde and the blonde shade works like a charm. You can either use a light hand for a very light application or if you want more pigment on your brows all you need to do is press down a little harder as you fill in your brows. I believe it comes in a couple of other colors so everybody can find the shade they need. I have been using this pencil for years and plan to continue for as long as they make it..... and I would bet dollars to donuts that this pencil will still be around long after I'm gone! LOL I highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I first bought these pencils in Brunette, and it was a dark reddish brown. the pencils in Blonde match my light ashy brown color much better.

I think the color match is better than my old HG, the Revlon Colorstay wax pencils in Blonde and Light Brown. It is a neutral ashy shade with just a tinge of warmth that looks fairly natural even when I color in parts of my brows. I have cool toned neutral skin with warm toned hair, so this pencil works wonders for me. Glad to have found a decent drugstore product.

Edit: Even the Blonde pencils don't match well. They look less red, but they are still dark and slightly warm-toned. It's not the worst match, but it still leaves something to be desired. Would I repurchase? Maybe. It is a great price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I've been using these brow pencils for years. The blonde works wonderfully for me in the summer as it is not a true blonde but more of a dirty blonde or light brown with blonde undertones and it matches the blonde in my brows that the sun brings out. I also have the light brown which I use primarily in the winter when I'm not getting much sun exposure and my brows are darker. The color is buildable and very natural looking on me, I've tried gel brow liners and it comes off too dark and looks fake, so being able to control the level of pigment is key for me. I think these are very long lasting as well, I have no problems with them staying put through the work day. You get 2 for about $5 so it is extremely affordable.