July 24, 2014 | 1658 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Shady Shores

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this shadow. It is yellow tinged with green duochrome and I use it just as a base for powder e/s. It is not frosty either. I also layer this with seashore frosts. One lippie off because it fades during the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of all of the Maybelline CTs, this is my least favorite. Something told me not to buy this yellow-tinged eyeshadow cream but, because it was new and duochrome, I let the excitement get the better of me. There is absolutely nothing special about this color for me. It is way too frosty, which turns me off more than anything else. I'm going to try a previous reviewer's suggestion and use it as a base. Otherwise, to the trash it goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased all of the LE summer collection Color Tattoos, except the Lavendar CT. I wasn't going to purchase this one, because I don't get the point of yellow eye shadow, but I was all caught up in that LE frenzy thing. Anywho, this has actually turned out to be the new CT that I use the most. The reason is, it makes a fantastic base. I have found that I get the best wear from all my eye shadows if I use a primer and a base, and this color goes on so unobtrusively, but with just a bit extra kick from the subtle duochrome, that it makes a perfect base. I know lots of reviewers haven't been happy that the new CTs seem creamier than older versions of the product line, but I really prefer the new texture, as I find it's easier to spread evenly on my eyelids without clumping up or being difficult to blend. So, if you are a more mature woman, and have found that your eye shadow has a way of tunneling all through your eyelid crinkles as the day goes on, even with the use of a primer, try a primer covered with a base like a Color Tattoo....it makes such a difference!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this eyeshadow. It appears as a yellow/gold duochrome with a greenish undertone. It was far more sheer than I anticipated and at first I was disappointed. Having used it for about two weeks now, I'm starting to really enjoy the wash of color. I can use it as a base over my entire eyelid to add interest without looking garish. It applies as a thin layer by finger and dries quickly. As promised it stays put all day. This is a limited edition shade so probably won't be repurchasing as there is a lot left in the pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first saw this one in the store it looked like it had barely any duochrome (pictures online didn't show much either) so I was hesitant to buy it, but I'm really glad I did. If you look at it in the sunlight the green duochrome is actually really strong. I like to wear this as a base for MAC Gorgeous Gold, which I couldn't get to work for me before as the green wouldn't show at all and it looked funny on me. If you like Gorgeous Gold or if you're like me and couldn't get the color to work for you, try it with this, it looks awesome!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is part of the new LE color tattoo that have the unique duochrome finish--basically reflect different color in different angles catching the light. Shady shores appears yellow in the tub with streaks of mossy green running through it. Has a very pearly frost finish and applies rather sheer. The swatches online weren't accurate, appear wayy more opaque on the hand vs pigmented lids. The consistency is also different, its a lot thinner then original line, almost oily to the touch. Luckily the greasy feeling quickly vanishes and the true tattoo stuck on effect is the same as the regular ones. It does go on a bit patchy and unlike the regular ones doesn't apply any different with a brush.

I guess as a base for neutrals this would wiork but I have the barely branded & barely beige shades for this purpose as stand alone shades/bases. Tough as taupe doubles up as a liner & crease color. Shady shores on the other hand just doesn't work as either. And its meaningless as a base.I was really looking for the punch of color + the natural goodness of crease free long wear this line provides. Sadly its lacking that for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No