November 22, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids - Electric Orange 880

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Karenloveseyeshadow

I really like this lipstick. The colour is buildable and I like that I can make it look discreet if need be - I work as a nurse and so bright neon orange isn't really appropriate for daytime - but it still gives a nice little pop of colour that is especially nice in summertime.

You will have to apply a few coats to get a full on opaque look, and the smell of Maybelline lipsticks is in my opinion horrible, but all in all, this is a nice affordable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is very flattering on my NC15 skin tone. The color is very on-trend and unique without being too-in-your-face. What I like most about it is the fact that you can apply it as sheer or opaque as you want. It is very comfortable and almost melts with your lips without being too much like a lip gloss. If you are familiar with Revlon lip butters, the texture is similar, but more opaque. Don't expect fantastic staying power with such a sheer texture. Overall, highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been thinking about trying an orange lipstick for awhile now but since I'm NW20 and super cool toned I was apprehensive. I ended up picking this lipstick up at target tonight on a whim. I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprise.

This lipstick is not opaque so if that's what you're looking for, you won't find it here. Also you need to apply lip balm and/or exfoliate your lips before using this product. It can really accentuate any dryness. It has a nice creamy texture and slightly moisturizing formula. Since it's a little on the sheer side, my natural lip color (which is a dark pink/red) comes through and makes the color look light and almost kind of natural-ish. What really won me over is how it made my blue eyes stand out.

The wear time is not fantastic (3-4 hours) and at 7+ bucks is a little pricey for drugstore. Overall I'm super happy with this lipstick and it's sure to become a stable this summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture is nice, color bright, but not excessively orange. Was concerned it might be too much orange, but with fair skin and dark hair, it's actually more subtle than I thought it would be when you look at in straight from the tube.

The staying power really is not good, but it's drugstore lipstick so I don't set expectations too high, and with the right discounting or coupon, it's a fun and relatively inexpensive addition for the spring/summer season. I would consider getting other colors in this line if the price is right even though I will definitely need to reapply more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Too sheer for my brown w/ purple undertoned Indian lips & I cannot hide the darn cracks nor skin imperfections on my larger then the avg sized lips lol. Looks good over one of my browny "nudes" tho for a lovely peach result, so all is not wasted & excellent over a matte for shine /glossy feel. Prefer my dirt cheap "Canal St Coral" NYC Twist Up Balm to this & often put them together as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the bad rating on this website. this is one of my absolute favorite lipsticks ever. I like the color, it's my only bright orange lipstick so I don't know how it compares to the other ones, but I've always liked this line of lipsticks by maybelline. It looks good on my NC 25 skintone. If you have dry lips, always wear lip balm before putting this on. It can accentuate the dryness of your lips if you don't do so. It's pretty good longevity, if you don't eat or drink it can last up to 3-4 hours, which in my opinion is pretty good. This smells a bit plasticky but for the price I won't complain. Great product and I will definitely try other colors.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The pigmentation is low, its a sheer waxy gloss that leaves patches of brownish lip color peeping through. Layering 3 - 4 times doesn't help, it just looks like you have too much on. Revlon Super Lustrous "Siren" gives way more coverage and pop try that instead. This Maybelline one also highlights every dry bit of skin making lips look flakey and dry under the gloss, settles into lines. I find the fake orange candy perfume super strong and revolting. I might try layering it over other lipsticks if I am brave enough to face that perfume again. I don't know why they changed it from the normal Maybelline scent which is not great but not as bad.

I disagree with the reviewer who describes the whole Vivid line as pigmented, creamy, and apply on the lips very even and smooth." The 3 I've tried were all sheer waxy glosses that applied unevenly, They may feel smooth but look sheer and uneven. Big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's pretty, it's surprisingly wearable, it's UNIQUE. As the name implies, it's a bright and vivid orange, but it's actually quite easy to work with. It doesn't immediately go on opaque but you can build it up to the level of orange you'd like. This looks so trendy with a simple winged liner and mascara. It's also a little glossy and hydrating, which is a plus. I experienced no drying or flaking-- the opposite, actually.
You can wear this lip color alone, but it also layers beautifully over some pinks, nudes, or reds you may have in your collection.
Fairly inexpensive and worth having!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

tbc its good but only day one atm

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Seems to work for everyone else but me

CONS:
- Unpleasant application due to weird, grainy consistency
- Flake city, makes my lips look diseased even if they're hydrated and smooth
- Settles into lines (like, every line) which is seldom an issue for me
- Not particularly flattering on my NC30ish skintone

BOTTOM LINE:
Complete waste of money. I've tried many times to make this work, but it always looks disgusting.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No