Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids - Electric Orange 880

3.6

on 5/22/2015 3:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Stunning color. I wouldn't necessarily consider this an "electric orange". It is actually quite wearable all times of day. One coat will not be opaque coverage. It takes at least two. There's no strong smell. This color lasted all day. Lipstick is required for my job, and this makes it to where I am not constantly reapplying. Such a pretty color, and I think all skin tones would wear this color.

on 4/23/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is my go to summer color. It looks amazing with a summer tan. Very moisturizing, but unless I use a lip liner to fill in my lips, it can get a bit patchy.

on 3/29/2015 7:36:00 PM

very creamy but it's hard to stay put on my lips. just ok pigmentation. satin finish. and the worst, a coral with cool undertone?? i dont really get this lipstick.

on 3/27/2015 12:48:00 PM

The first swipe goes on sheer. Thereafter it becomes more opaque. It is far from a screaming orange. As I was watching Season 7 of Mad Men I could not help but notice this very shade being worn along with corals. Maybe that is why I was drawn to this shade. It is very moisturizing with decent staying power. The shine and color help to brighten my complexion. Would also be incredibly sexy with a tan. The formula rivals those found at high end department stores. For the price I was not disappointed. You cannot go wrong giving this a try if you are on the hunt for an orange lipstick.

I really like this lipstick. The colour is buildable and I like that I can make it look discreet if need be - I work as a nurse and so bright neon orange isn't really appropriate for daytime - but it still gives a nice little pop of colour that is especially nice in summertime.

You will have to apply a few coats to get a full on opaque look, and the smell of Maybelline lipsticks is in my opinion horrible, but all in all, this is a nice affordable product.

on 5/26/2014 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This lipstick is very flattering on my NC15 skin tone. The color is very on-trend and unique without being too-in-your-face. What I like most about it is the fact that you can apply it as sheer or opaque as you want. It is very comfortable and almost melts with your lips without being too much like a lip gloss. If you are familiar with Revlon lip butters, the texture is similar, but more opaque. Don't expect fantastic staying power with such a sheer texture. Overall, highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've been thinking about trying an orange lipstick for awhile now but since I'm NW20 and super cool toned I was apprehensive. I ended up picking this lipstick up at target tonight on a whim. I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprise.

This lipstick is not opaque so if that's what you're looking for, you won't find it here. Also you need to apply lip balm and/or exfoliate your lips before using this product. It can really accentuate any dryness. It has a nice creamy texture and slightly moisturizing formula. Since it's a little on the sheer side, my natural lip color (which is a dark pink/red) comes through and makes the color look light and almost kind of natural-ish. What really won me over is how it made my blue eyes stand out.

The wear time is not fantastic (3-4 hours) and at 7+ bucks is a little pricey for drugstore. Overall I'm super happy with this lipstick and it's sure to become a stable this summer.

on 4/2/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The texture is nice, color bright, but not excessively orange. Was concerned it might be too much orange, but with fair skin and dark hair, it's actually more subtle than I thought it would be when you look at in straight from the tube.

The staying power really is not good, but it's drugstore lipstick so I don't set expectations too high, and with the right discounting or coupon, it's a fun and relatively inexpensive addition for the spring/summer season. I would consider getting other colors in this line if the price is right even though I will definitely need to reapply more.

on 3/24/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Too sheer for my brown w/ purple undertoned Indian lips & I cannot hide the darn cracks nor skin imperfections on my larger then the avg sized lips lol. Looks good over one of my browny "nudes" tho for a lovely peach result, so all is not wasted & excellent over a matte for shine /glossy feel. Prefer my dirt cheap "Canal St Coral" NYC Twist Up Balm to this & often put them together as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Despite the bad rating on this website. this is one of my absolute favorite lipsticks ever. I like the color, it's my only bright orange lipstick so I don't know how it compares to the other ones, but I've always liked this line of lipsticks by maybelline. It looks good on my NC 25 skintone. If you have dry lips, always wear lip balm before putting this on. It can accentuate the dryness of your lips if you don't do so. It's pretty good longevity, if you don't eat or drink it can last up to 3-4 hours, which in my opinion is pretty good. This smells a bit plasticky but for the price I won't complain. Great product and I will definitely try other colors.

Popular Lipsticks