April 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids - Electric Orange 880

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture is nice, color bright, but not excessively orange. Was concerned it might be too much orange, but with fair skin and dark hair, it's actually more subtle than I thought it would be when you look at in straight from the tube.

The staying power really is not good, but it's drugstore lipstick so I don't set expectations too high, and with the right discounting or coupon, it's a fun and relatively inexpensive addition for the spring/summer season. I would consider getting other colors in this line if the price is right even though I will definitely need to reapply more.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Too sheer for my brown w/ purple undertoned Indian lips & I cannot hide the darn cracks nor skin imperfections on my larger then the avg sized lips lol. Looks good over one of my browny "nudes" tho for a lovely peach result, so all is not wasted & excellent over a matte for shine /glossy feel. Prefer my dirt cheap "Canal St Coral" NYC Twist Up Balm to this & often put them together as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the bad rating on this website. this is one of my absolute favorite lipsticks ever. I like the color, it's my only bright orange lipstick so I don't know how it compares to the other ones, but I've always liked this line of lipsticks by maybelline. It looks good on my NC 25 skintone. If you have dry lips, always wear lip balm before putting this on. It can accentuate the dryness of your lips if you don't do so. It's pretty good longevity, if you don't eat or drink it can last up to 3-4 hours, which in my opinion is pretty good. This smells a bit plasticky but for the price I won't complain. Great product and I will definitely try other colors.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The pigmentation is low, its a sheer waxy gloss that leaves patches of brownish lip color peeping through. Layering 3 - 4 times doesn't help, it just looks like you have too much on. Revlon Super Lustrous "Siren" gives way more coverage and pop try that instead. This Maybelline one also highlights every dry bit of skin making lips look flakey and dry under the gloss, settles into lines. I find the fake orange candy perfume super strong and revolting. I might try layering it over other lipsticks if I am brave enough to face that perfume again. I don't know why they changed it from the normal Maybelline scent which is not great but not as bad.

I disagree with the reviewer who describes the whole Vivid line as pigmented, creamy, and apply on the lips very even and smooth." The 3 I've tried were all sheer waxy glosses that applied unevenly, They may feel smooth but look sheer and uneven. Big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's pretty, it's surprisingly wearable, it's UNIQUE. As the name implies, it's a bright and vivid orange, but it's actually quite easy to work with. It doesn't immediately go on opaque but you can build it up to the level of orange you'd like. This looks so trendy with a simple winged liner and mascara. It's also a little glossy and hydrating, which is a plus. I experienced no drying or flaking-- the opposite, actually.
You can wear this lip color alone, but it also layers beautifully over some pinks, nudes, or reds you may have in your collection.
Fairly inexpensive and worth having!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

tbc its good but only day one atm

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Seems to work for everyone else but me

CONS:
- Unpleasant application due to weird, grainy consistency
- Flake city, makes my lips look diseased even if they're hydrated and smooth
- Settles into lines (like, every line) which is seldom an issue for me
- Not particularly flattering on my NC30ish skintone

BOTTOM LINE:
Complete waste of money. I've tried many times to make this work, but it always looks disgusting.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this whole "Vivid's" Color Line. The lipsticks are pigmented, creamy, and apply on the lips very even and smooth. This specific color is absolutely amazing - I have been on the hunt for an orange lipstick for awhile but nothing I found had that vibrant color to it like this does. Not to mention this is very opaque. I only need 3 swipes and I have a very solid color. This looks great on my NC20-NC25 skin tone. It really brings life to my face. For 6$ this is a steal. Such a unique lovely color.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you like a lighter formula, this is a great color. It does travel if I apply heavily, but it tastes better than most with a vanilla minty flavor. I treat this as a gloss more than a lipstick.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: it's a true orange. It was easy to work to with. You can increase the intensity with a few swipes. It was moisturizing.

Cons: It didn't apply evenly. I could see my true lip color even with one heavy swipe. I don't think it lasted very long. The color traveled. It didn't stay put. I thought it worked better when I mixed the orange as a gradient.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No