Prada Candy L'eau

on 5/17/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is basically Prada Candy but a lighter version (one that you can wear in the spring/summer time without being too overpowering). I really like this but it doesn't last very long on me especially for the price. I prefer the original since it does last longer. Will not be buying again strictly because of the lasting power of it.

on 11/4/2014 1:53:00 PM

This perfume smells so good one me. The opening notes aren't my favorite, but once it dries down it is so caramel and delicious. I love it!

on 6/26/2014 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice surprise. I didn't like the original Candy - found it too sweet, heavy and powdery. It's much drier than the original and has a distinct woody backbone that's almost a little masculine. I tried looking up the notes and fear this is just lumped into 'musks', so some kind of woody/musky aromachemical then. Whatever it is, it prevents the whole thing from becoming too sweet. I find it to be long lasting with good sillage, but it's airy, like an Ellena work, so you forget you're wearing it then notice the sillage from time to time. I don't notice the floral note at all. The opening is a little reminiscent of Shalimar with the citrus and vanilla-y sweetness. I'm enjoying wearing it now but think it will be great for the cooler weather too. One lippie off for being a flanker. I'm so tired of the lack of originality in the fragrance world.

on 5/29/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Candy L'eau gives me an impression of caramel, chocolate, vanilla, and powder. Very pretty and girly. A little goes a long way and lasts well on me, but can give me a headache (1 point off for that) and I'm not prone to headaches. I prefer Candy edp as it's more wearable for me.

on 11/22/2013 2:36:00 PM

I did not expect to like it so much, but I really do. The original Candy does not really work for me because I find the patch and some other notes too heavy or even slightly animalic on me. However, this lighter interpretation is pleasant, sweet, candyish and vibrant without all that heaviness. I am able to notice more nuances, perhaps a slightly floral melange, in this one and I think it is more playful. It is more preppy and younger than Candy, and even generic to some noses, but I am OK with it. Actually, this feels more like a lighter flanker of Jessica Simpsons Fancy, which I really like. I am not planning to buy a bottle soon because I have other stuff on my list but I would use it if somebody gifted it to me.

Low to medium sillage with lasting power of around 4 hours.

on 10/27/2013 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I fell head over heels for the hype surrounding Candy and finally bought myself a (huge) bottle a few Christmases ago. As I wrote in my review for it, I really do like the scent but the staying power is terrible. Maybe my skin get confused and thinks that Candy is real candy and tries to eat but whatever the case, the staying power issue is the reason I have a near full bottle of Candy still sitting in my perfume drawer. A few months ago, I discovered Prada had decided to expound on their Candy idea and created Candy L'eau. This time I decided to play it safe and got a sample before spending an obscene amount of money on a scent that can easily be overpowered by the handsoap I use.

I purchased a 7ML bottle of this online and boy, am I glad I did! Just like Candy, Candy L'eau smells great but has no staying power. Perhaps it's because I got an EDT but I doubt it as the bottle of Candy I have is an EDP and is similarly weak. It's a shame too as I like L'eau. It's a bit more sophisticated than Candy and I find it to be creamier than its predecessor despite the fact that it's more floral. I generally loath florals because they just don't work all that well on me but in this instance, it works.

I really wish Prada would get its act together and make their (very expensive) perfumes last. I don't really mind spending an arm and a leg on something that I like and that lasts but I think it's shady to charge so much for weakly scented water. If Prada reformulates this so it lasts more than a few hours, I'll gladly repurchase but until then, I'll look elsewhere for a well made, gourmand perfume.

on 10/4/2013 8:23:00 AM

This smells really girly, its a floral, sweet smelling perfume. The thing that bothers me about this fragrance is that the scent does not last long at all. It is rather pricey as well. But it does smell really good.

on 10/1/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There is nothing special about this perfume. Maybe I have just been around the block too many times when it comes to perfumes. I do not smell caramel as any of the notes. I agree with some of the reviews that say that it is a touch masculine. I will pass on this perfume and given the price, that's quite alright. I will not purchase.

on 10/1/2013 6:49:00 AM

I am in love with these Candy fragrances by Prada and Candy L'eau is no exception. I love the scent deep, brooding caramel that is always present in this scent no matter how long you wear it. Candy L'eau is obviously slightly lighter than the original but not by much and it is also much more masculine than the original Candy. A guy could easily pull this scent off. It's sweet but not floral sweet. Just a nice caramel scent that anyone would smell nice wearing. Also, the bottle is very elegant looking too I think.

on 9/3/2013 1:47:00 PM

I really love this one. Both light and sweet in an unusual concoction. There's something lovely decadent about it. The staying power could be better though.

Popular Fragrances