April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy L'eau

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not expect to like it so much, but I really do. The original Candy does not really work for me because I find the patch and some other notes too heavy or even slightly animalic on me. However, this lighter interpretation is pleasant, sweet, candyish and vibrant without all that heaviness. I am able to notice more nuances, perhaps a slightly floral melange, in this one and I think it is more playful. It is more preppy and younger than Candy, and even generic to some noses, but I am OK with it. Actually, this feels more like a lighter flanker of Jessica Simpsons Fancy, which I really like. I am not planning to buy a bottle soon because I have other stuff on my list but I would use it if somebody gifted it to me.

Low to medium sillage with lasting power of around 4 hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I fell head over heels for the hype surrounding Candy and finally bought myself a (huge) bottle a few Christmases ago. As I wrote in my review for it, I really do like the scent but the staying power is terrible. Maybe my skin get confused and thinks that Candy is real candy and tries to eat but whatever the case, the staying power issue is the reason I have a near full bottle of Candy still sitting in my perfume drawer. A few months ago, I discovered Prada had decided to expound on their Candy idea and created Candy L'eau. This time I decided to play it safe and got a sample before spending an obscene amount of money on a scent that can easily be overpowered by the handsoap I use.

I purchased a 7ML bottle of this online and boy, am I glad I did! Just like Candy, Candy L'eau smells great but has no staying power. Perhaps it's because I got an EDT but I doubt it as the bottle of Candy I have is an EDP and is similarly weak. It's a shame too as I like L'eau. It's a bit more sophisticated than Candy and I find it to be creamier than its predecessor despite the fact that it's more floral. I generally loath florals because they just don't work all that well on me but in this instance, it works.

I really wish Prada would get its act together and make their (very expensive) perfumes last. I don't really mind spending an arm and a leg on something that I like and that lasts but I think it's shady to charge so much for weakly scented water. If Prada reformulates this so it lasts more than a few hours, I'll gladly repurchase but until then, I'll look elsewhere for a well made, gourmand perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by DjAna

This smells really girly, its a floral, sweet smelling perfume. The thing that bothers me about this fragrance is that the scent does not last long at all. It is rather pricey as well. But it does smell really good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing special about this perfume. Maybe I have just been around the block too many times when it comes to perfumes. I do not smell caramel as any of the notes. I agree with some of the reviews that say that it is a touch masculine. I will pass on this perfume and given the price, that's quite alright. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with these Candy fragrances by Prada and Candy L'eau is no exception. I love the scent deep, brooding caramel that is always present in this scent no matter how long you wear it. Candy L'eau is obviously slightly lighter than the original but not by much and it is also much more masculine than the original Candy. A guy could easily pull this scent off. It's sweet but not floral sweet. Just a nice caramel scent that anyone would smell nice wearing. Also, the bottle is very elegant looking too I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by LilaViola

I really love this one. Both light and sweet in an unusual concoction. There's something lovely decadent about it. The staying power could be better though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the original Candy enough to own a bottle, it is a pleasant cozy fragrance, something uncomplicated I like wearing on weekends. Candy L'Eau is not as sweet, the caramel note is much subdued in this flanker. The scent in my opinion lacks originality, while I am perfectly fine with it being less sweet there is not much else going on that catches my attention. Pleasant, but nothing more than that. However, the main problem I have with both Candy releases is the lack of longevity - I found the original Candy poor in terms of staying power, only a few hours despite it being an EDP, and L'Eau is similarly fleeting on me. I used up my sample but would not buy a full bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't love the original Prada Candy, but I like it more than this flanker.
Candy L'eau reminds me of a cheaper, sharper, less complex Miss Dior Cherie (and Miss Dior Cherie is one of my favorites, so I mean that this is like a bad, evil twin version of it).
It's heavy on the sharp white musk and perfumey floral with an undertone of the powdery caramel of the original Candy.
I was hoping that this would be a variation of Candy with citrus, but I can't pick out any of the citrus notes.
Sharp, cheap smelling white musk, floral, and a hint of powdery caramel. It doesn't smell good on me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the 30ml bottle just to try it as most perfumes give me nausea I didn't really like the original prada candy but I love this one it does smell a bit like it but this one has more of a sweet/floral smell it's top notes are white musk and caramel and that's exactly what I love it's sweet but sophisticated if you like sweet perfumes like britney fantasy you will like this one

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this more than the original after the first sniff :o)
Then it occurred to me that i was getting wafts of something familiar....
after a whole day it hit me. Paris Hilton Can Can!!!