October 31, 2014 | 933 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Flamed Out Max Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought the water proof version because my lashes are stubborn and vindictive. I hated the wand n this. It was smaller in the middle and very large so that made it extremely difficult to get the little tiny lashes on the inside. Did nothing to hold my curl and just felt heavy. I think I'm done with Cover Girl mascaras. You do not complete me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Dev2014

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not that good. smudges very easily. better drugstore mascara out there for the same or cheaper price honestly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

In 2coats I get a large, long, curled & fanned out cat eye like look to my eyes & lashes. I love this mascara!! For reference, my lashes are naturally on the longer side but sooo thin & skimpy, this mascara plumps & thickens my lashes so well. Also, the Very Black Blaze is extremely black. Only thing is it runs easily on me & the application is fairly messy, but may just buy water resistant next time is all. Just when I think I need a department store mascara, another drug store one impresses me :) $3.99 on sale. Loving it!! Cover-Girl has some excellent mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by lcourts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been on a quest for a great mascara ever since my favs (Lancome Aquacils and Maybelline Lash Stylist) were discontinued! I have tried everything!! ... except Diors new iconic curl. I am loving this Flamed Out mascara! It's not a carbon black wish it was BUT it's very build able, fans nicely and adds great volume while holding the curl ( use water resistant formula! ) although it's not swim proof. Also wish brush was more narrow. I'm stockpiling this until perhaps a better one comes along.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I have Very Black Blaze. It seems like a nice ordinary mascara. I get definition and separation. It rarely clumps and makes my blond eyelashes nicely dark. It's a good day wear mascara. Unfortunately, it's marketed as a more dramatic mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

I bought the waterproof version of this and it was just rubbish, it simply WASN'T waterproof it went EVERYwhere. Plus the brush is too big for precise application, it clumps and is just generally unpleasant.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Caitlin99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This mascara was ok, nothing too great. It definitely gives a lot of volume,but not the best for length. Also it dries out pretty quick.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by emkyte91

I would recommend this mascara for someone who is looking for a natural, separated look for their lashes. I think this can be a good mascara depending on what your priorities are. Although I only gave this 3 stars, I still enjoy it, it's just that I like a more bold look. I find that the formula can get a little dry, so if you want you can put a droplet or two of water. All in all, this mascara is fairly good at separation and length but not great for volume and curl. Don't buy this mascara if you are looking for bold lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

First of all who else thinks that this wand is like a shorter version of the better than sex mascara wand...? Or is that just me because they look similar. I got this is waterproof because I tend to have watery eyes and I will sometimes rub them (don't do it. It causes wrinkles.) I actually kinda have a love, hate relationship with this mascara. I don't like that the brush is a bit shorter than most and the mascara packaging is a bit big and bulky. Other than that it is a great mascara. I always keep it on me. And I always end up coming back to it. It does what it says to do and I love that about this mascara because the only other mascara that lives up to its expectations is maybelline falsies. Those [falsies and covergirl] are my faves. Definitely will and have repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am surprised there are so many negative reviews on this product. For me, it worked really well. It gave me both length and volume, didn't smudge or feather, and didn't clump at all. I toss out my mascaras out every month because thinking about how un-sterile its gotta be in that darned tube from daily application gives me the heebie-jeebies (this is why I only do drugstore brands, otherwise I would be broke). When I buy a new one I rotate the brand but this I liked enough to my list of staple re-purchases.

The only issue I have with this is that the tube is really bulky for absolutely no reason. Its kind of tacky looking too IMO. But whatever, I don't carry mascara with me so its not a deal breaker or anything. Its also the only other Cover Girl mascara that I have ever liked, which I think says a lot when you consider how many mascaras they make (and I have tried the majority of all of them).

This is a pretty good product for a pretty good price (think it was around $8).