Cover Girl Flamed Out Max Volume

3.2

on 4/8/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was not impressed. I like how its clump free and seperates my lashes but thats where it ends. I myself need volume however if your looking for normal lashes almost a natural look then by all means try it.

on 4/6/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Pretty good. Brush clumps though so I wash it once a week in warm water NO SOAP

on 3/14/2015 4:57:00 PM

I got this in the waterproof/water-resistant one. I really did not need another mascara, I've got about a dozen to work through -- but the shape of this wand intrigued me. It just seemed like a good idea to have a concave wand, where it is thinner in the middle and thicker on the ends. I often wondered why makeup companies had not made mascara wands like this, as opposed to the usual convex or even the flat wand.

The first problem is, this wand is way too fat/thick/jumbo/huge imo. Seriously, did they think this was for king kong or some other giant? My eyes are not small, and it was a struggle for me. If you have small eyes, I can see this being possibly very difficult to manage.

The formula seems 'just right' as far as being not too dry or too wet, but I can see how some reviewers have said this dries out, like bone-dry real fast. It is not dry to begin with, but I can just get the sense that this formula will and can dry out very fast.

I did manage to maneuver the wand, jumbo thing that it is, and get it applied. Looked decent enough with one coat. I got the Black/Brown Blaze "shade" and it looks like something I might enjoy for an everyday makeup routine. I do not see the 'max out volume', though. This supplies adequate volume and decent length, but by no means am I "wowed" at the volume.

Felt decent enough on my eyes; no irritations. Was a tad difficult to remove, but I've dealt with more difficult mascaras to remove. I will say, this did not clump for me at all, which is always a nice feature. This does last on me a good 8 hours, minimum, without even remotely budging. So that is great. JUST THE WAND!! makes this thing soooo difficult to use!! Way too big, Covergirl....I see where they were 'going' with that concept, unfortunately I feel it is lost because of the big huge honkin' size. I am sure some gals can use this wand easily, and God bless them, but for me, it is just way too big....

All in all, not a bad mascara. I would not recommend it, but I will not bash it. Had it had a smaller wand, this would be a higher rating, but the terribly enormous wand makes it a little tricky to use. In this day and age you should not have to worry about a mascara wand stabbing you in the eye because it is so large. I do not get why they made this wand so large, not sure if the concave shape would work if the wand was thinner..? I don't know. But sadly the concave concept is kind of lost because to me the wand is so jumbo/chubby and difficult to use/manage.

To me, there are just other drugstore mascaras that perform just as well or even a little better, without the terribly awkward wand. Again, the concave wand initially intrigued me, but oddly enough, that is the reason I ended up taking points off for this. Just..awkward.

I did not get any smudging, smearing, transferring or flaking, which was good.
All in all, not a bad mascara, but would not re-purchase..Had this been one of those mascaras that the actual brush is visible in the package and I had seen how large the brush was, I likely would have skipped it all-together. Again, I see where they were going with the concept of this brush, unfortunately (imo) it was a fail. To me it seems like the wand was a good concept in theory but failed in the actual execution. If they make or had they made the brush smaller, this would def be a 4-star, maybe even a 5-star mascara for me. But the discomfort of the brush made the over all rating go down. Also I do not see this 'max' volume..it gives somewhat decent volume, but nothing of the 'wow' volume factor. Just an average mascara imo with a big honkin' brush!!!

on 2/18/2015 6:41:00 PM

Like Any mascara it does the job but it doesn't meat my expectations. It was only $5 at wal mart and I was broke and in need of a mascara so I bought it. It dries out really quick. I think I only used it for a month before it was bone dry. Try loreal sensationsl or loreal pumped up. I love them

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So suprised! I expected this makeup to be THE BOMB after I found out that it was being sponsored by the Hunger Games (one of my fav books/movies)! When I got this, I noticed that it was extremely thick! I waited a week for it to settle, and the formula is kinda ehhhhh....! It's not like I hate it. It is just that it prevents clumps and lengthens lashes, but the packaging gets so dirty! It also gets on bottom lashes, kind of paints them whenever you blink, because the formula is slow drying! I'm giving it 4 lippies to say: yes it IS worth it to pick up for its ideal price, but NO, not the best COVERGIRL mascara ever.

on 2/16/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm giving this four lippies, because while it's a good mascara, it's not amazing. i have quite long, fairly curly, thick, but very light lashes. so all i need is to curl them upwards a tiny bit and coat them in something to highlight the fact that they exist. this mascara does that. i only bought it in the first place because it was on sale - it was really cheap and the packaging looks tacky to match. i was actually really impressed with it the first time i used it - it did the job! the one thing that annoys me about it is that the wand is so huge it's very messy on the actual packaging - it's really easy to flick bits of the product onto the outside of the packaging as you pull the wand out. but otherwise, i quite liked the thick wand. i probably wouldn't buy it again just because there are mascaras i like a lot more out there, but it pleasantly surprised me.

on 2/15/2015 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I actually enjoy this mascara very much. It has to be a tie with my other favorite drugstore mascara, Maybelline's The Falsies/The Falsies Flared. This mascara gives me the perfect volume and length with two coats, holds curl very well, and has minimal to no flaking or smudging. I would say, though, that the brush can be difficult to maneuver at first, but once you're used to it it's fine.

on 2/8/2015 8:27:00 AM

The only thing that impresses me is that the brush is made in a way to prevent clumps. My lashes are definitely clump free and separate. The downside is that there is no "volume" to the formula. I've put at least 10 coats on to get build up, but my lashes still look flimsy. I got it in black, but it's not a deep dark black like I hoped for. If this brush can go with a different brand that actually has volume, I'd be happy. Not repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was a great mascerra with a couple things I would change first I would make its container a lot smaller it was very big and bulky which made it hard to handle the second thing is though most people love the brush shape I hated it it makes application impossible and this also makes their be awkward clumps every where now if you used this mascara with a different brush you would be golden

I love it!