Cover FX Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation

3.9

Mica, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silica, Kaolin, Lauroyl Lysine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

on 5/20/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Don't know why I have not tried Cover FX till now, always thought its products were for heavy coverage which I wasn't into, while they do offer heavy coverage products this powder is fantastic!! First off the selection is amazing and is a perfect match to my Olive skin (N50) it's light coverage, IMO I wouldn't say this isn't medium coverage, goes on like a dream and leaves my complexion looking fantastic and feels like I'm wearing nothing which I love. Also love that these products are vegan, price point is great for the quality and my skin does not get clogged up at all, also love that I can get these products at my local Pharmaprix (Shoppers Drug Mart) and get my optimum points while I'm at it!

on 3/25/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice mineral pressed powder foundation however it doesn't give the full coverage I was hoping for. I would say light to medium. Even after primer it doesn't last on my oily areas like around my nose and chin. You must moisturize really well or it will show any dryness on your face. Pros: The color G30 is an exact match. The finish looks natural. I won't repurchase.

on 3/15/2015 2:32:00 PM

Fabulous finish, perfect cover and color match!! Best of all it's healthy!! No parabens, gluten, mineral oils , fragrance or talk! No more toxic Chanel powder, hello Cover FX!!

on 12/26/2014 11:10:00 PM

This is for the NEW re-formulated pressed mineral powder.
The coverage is a dream, with excellent tone-matching colour system, but the skin must be well moisturized. Building it up is easy on red areas on my cheeks and it holds up well in humidity, through a workout, etc. No breakouts from what I can tell, and good around my very sensitive eyes. Super packaging, plain and simple, thus price point is good. And their setting powders are good, too, very good for low makeup days over a bit of concealer; no touch ups necessary for hours and hours. The big cover fx powder brush is pricy but superb for both loose and pressed powders. And this makeup comes off easily with even a mild cleanser.

EDIT: so I have gone back and forth with my other two fave mineral powders and this one is the clear winner, as it never oxidizes, wears all day, is excellent over properly applied jojoba oil as moisturizer, and it doesn't break me out at all or bug my eyes ever.

on 12/25/2014 9:30:00 PM

This product was great on my skin. I rarely broke out because of it. It blended in really well with my skin. The powder has also lasted me for quite awhile. Also, the packaging is great. Never broke and it comes with a sponge to apply and a mirror (that I never use).

On the other hand, it does lose coverage throughout the day and I feel the need to reapply because my face starts to get oily again. It is on the pricier side at about $40.

Over all, this is one of my favorite foundation powders and I would most likely repurchase this when I run out.

on 12/25/2014 5:26:00 PM

I have combination, sometimes blemish-prone skin. This is the only foundation that will not contribute to breakouts. I love trying new make up, but I ALWAYS come back to this foundation. If you have skin like mine (very sensitive) get this foundation. Great oil control. Pair it with their mattifying primer!

on 7/31/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have acne rosacea & seb derm very reactive annoying skin so I figured I would try this out. It gives good coverage and yet feels as though you have no make up on whats so ever which is great. It lasts really well on my skin but I am not too oily at all. The colour range is amazing so you will most likely find a great match for you. I have not found it to cause any flare ups for me yet which is amazing . I find when my skin is doing a little better I can get away with just using this and no concealer at all which is awesome

on 7/14/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This powder foundation doesn't have good staying power. Halfway through the day, I would check on it and found that my oily skin would make the powder clump up. As for a colour match, even though I chose a warm tone, it wasn't yellow-based enough for my skin. I prefer MUFE's Duo Mat to this by far.

on 6/18/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fair to light skin with neutral undertones. This is, by far, one of the best foundations I've ever used. My skin has been suffering from acne since the onset of puberty and I tried many products to achieve that near flawless look. My friends convinced me to consult the Sephora workers who were able to suggest good products for my skin. I didn't realize this was a foundation until I was about to re-purchase it online. It works really well for my skin. I have to apply a little more than necessary in order to cover a few blemishes on my chin and left side of my forehead but it doesn't look overly cake unless I don't apply and blend it in properly. My suggestion is to purchase a proper brush. I use a cheap Forever 21 powder brush, but I think having a more expensive brush will maximize the usage of this foundation. Unless my skin stops rebelling or I can find an effective, yet cheaper foundation, I will probably continue purchasing this.
My only minor complaint is not to scratch your face or smudge the foundation. It comes off as a bit orangey and will probably stand out under the natural sunlight.

on 5/4/2014 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVED my Powder Fx, why did they have to mess with it :(

The colour match is still the same but I wore it for two days and I ended up with an itchy, pizza face. My face was completely red and full of acne.