February 1, 2015 | 2087 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ElleDuncan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is for the NEW re-formulated pressed mineral powder.
The coverage is a dream, with excellent tone-matching colour system, but the skin must be well moisturized. Building it up is easy on red areas on my cheeks and it holds up well in humidity, through a workout, etc. No breakouts from what I can tell, and good around my very sensitive eyes. Super packaging, plain and simple, thus price point is good. And their setting powders are good, too, very good for low makeup days over a bit of concealer; no touch ups necessary for hours and hours. The big cover fx powder brush is pricy but superb for both loose and pressed powders. And this makeup comes off easily with even a mild cleanser.

EDIT: so I have gone back and forth with my other two fave mineral powders and this one is the clear winner, as it never oxidizes, wears all day, is excellent over properly applied jojoba oil as moisturizer, and it doesn't break me out at all or bug my eyes ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ANegd

This product was great on my skin. I rarely broke out because of it. It blended in really well with my skin. The powder has also lasted me for quite awhile. Also, the packaging is great. Never broke and it comes with a sponge to apply and a mirror (that I never use).

On the other hand, it does lose coverage throughout the day and I feel the need to reapply because my face starts to get oily again. It is on the pricier side at about $40.

Over all, this is one of my favorite foundation powders and I would most likely repurchase this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by topreview

I have combination, sometimes blemish-prone skin. This is the only foundation that will not contribute to breakouts. I love trying new make up, but I ALWAYS come back to this foundation. If you have skin like mine (very sensitive) get this foundation. Great oil control. Pair it with their mattifying primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne rosacea & seb derm very reactive annoying skin so I figured I would try this out. It gives good coverage and yet feels as though you have no make up on whats so ever which is great. It lasts really well on my skin but I am not too oily at all. The colour range is amazing so you will most likely find a great match for you. I have not found it to cause any flare ups for me yet which is amazing . I find when my skin is doing a little better I can get away with just using this and no concealer at all which is awesome

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This powder foundation doesn't have good staying power. Halfway through the day, I would check on it and found that my oily skin would make the powder clump up. As for a colour match, even though I chose a warm tone, it wasn't yellow-based enough for my skin. I prefer MUFE's Duo Mat to this by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by CalBear7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fair to light skin with neutral undertones. This is, by far, one of the best foundations I've ever used. My skin has been suffering from acne since the onset of puberty and I tried many products to achieve that near flawless look. My friends convinced me to consult the Sephora workers who were able to suggest good products for my skin. I didn't realize this was a foundation until I was about to re-purchase it online. It works really well for my skin. I have to apply a little more than necessary in order to cover a few blemishes on my chin and left side of my forehead but it doesn't look overly cake unless I don't apply and blend it in properly. My suggestion is to purchase a proper brush. I use a cheap Forever 21 powder brush, but I think having a more expensive brush will maximize the usage of this foundation. Unless my skin stops rebelling or I can find an effective, yet cheaper foundation, I will probably continue purchasing this.
My only minor complaint is not to scratch your face or smudge the foundation. It comes off as a bit orangey and will probably stand out under the natural sunlight.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVED my Powder Fx, why did they have to mess with it :(

The colour match is still the same but I wore it for two days and I ended up with an itchy, pizza face. My face was completely red and full of acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Pistachiosforall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A little too expensive for what it is. It call it a drug-store quality "mineral" makeup
1. Coverage was OK didn't really cover anything including slight redness around nose.. I guess it demattifyed? I even tried it wet, no avail. Over all very 'meh'
2. Its not at all hypo-allergenic like they state I got lots and lots of small black heads and clogged pores on my cheeks.
All in all for a mineral makeup this is not a good one. I've used various mineral makeup and I've been on the lookout for another (since the formula of Bare Minerals and Pur minerals have both changed for the worse!)
Real mineral makeup gives you a gorgeous glow and some coverage. Its supposed to make your skin look nicer! For this kind of price I would not purchase this again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little on the expensive side, but one of the best powder foundations I've used. I've tried MAC, Lancôme, mineral fusion, Laura geller just to name a few and this blows them all out of the water. No, this won't keep you completely shine free all day long but to be honest, if you have oily skin, nothing will. I felt as though it wore really well and when the oil did start to come through it was more of a dewy appearance rather then a complete oil slick. This doesn't look cakey ( I even use the sponge to apply ) and it's practically undetectable. Occasionally if I go a little overboard around my nose it'll look a bit powdery but that's my own fault. Believe me, as a powder foundation junkie, this is so far one of the better ones that I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, Cover FX products did not work for me at all. I like the color options because I am completely yellow/green based and the g series is a perfect match. I love that all their products are vegan which is why I tried this companies products. This mineral powder isnt terrible but it is simply too chalky and drying for me nor does it give much coverage.