November 26, 2014 | 1693 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne rosacea & seb derm very reactive annoying skin so I figured I would try this out. It gives good coverage and yet feels as though you have no make up on whats so ever which is great. It lasts really well on my skin but I am not too oily at all. The colour range is amazing so you will most likely find a great match for you. I have not found it to cause any flare ups for me yet which is amazing . I find when my skin is doing a little better I can get away with just using this and no concealer at all which is awesome

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This powder foundation doesn't have good staying power. Halfway through the day, I would check on it and found that my oily skin would make the powder clump up. As for a colour match, even though I chose a warm tone, it wasn't yellow-based enough for my skin. I prefer MUFE's Duo Mat to this by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by CalBear7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fair to light skin with neutral undertones. This is, by far, one of the best foundations I've ever used. My skin has been suffering from acne since the onset of puberty and I tried many products to achieve that near flawless look. My friends convinced me to consult the Sephora workers who were able to suggest good products for my skin. I didn't realize this was a foundation until I was about to re-purchase it online. It works really well for my skin. I have to apply a little more than necessary in order to cover a few blemishes on my chin and left side of my forehead but it doesn't look overly cake unless I don't apply and blend it in properly. My suggestion is to purchase a proper brush. I use a cheap Forever 21 powder brush, but I think having a more expensive brush will maximize the usage of this foundation. Unless my skin stops rebelling or I can find an effective, yet cheaper foundation, I will probably continue purchasing this.
My only minor complaint is not to scratch your face or smudge the foundation. It comes off as a bit orangey and will probably stand out under the natural sunlight.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVED my Powder Fx, why did they have to mess with it :(

The colour match is still the same but I wore it for two days and I ended up with an itchy, pizza face. My face was completely red and full of acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Pistachiosforall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A little too expensive for what it is. It call it a drug-store quality "mineral" makeup
1. Coverage was OK didn't really cover anything including slight redness around nose.. I guess it demattifyed? I even tried it wet, no avail. Over all very 'meh'
2. Its not at all hypo-allergenic like they state I got lots and lots of small black heads and clogged pores on my cheeks.
All in all for a mineral makeup this is not a good one. I've used various mineral makeup and I've been on the lookout for another (since the formula of Bare Minerals and Pur minerals have both changed for the worse!)
Real mineral makeup gives you a gorgeous glow and some coverage. Its supposed to make your skin look nicer! For this kind of price I would not purchase this again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little on the expensive side, but one of the best powder foundations I've used. I've tried MAC, Lancôme, mineral fusion, Laura geller just to name a few and this blows them all out of the water. No, this won't keep you completely shine free all day long but to be honest, if you have oily skin, nothing will. I felt as though it wore really well and when the oil did start to come through it was more of a dewy appearance rather then a complete oil slick. This doesn't look cakey ( I even use the sponge to apply ) and it's practically undetectable. Occasionally if I go a little overboard around my nose it'll look a bit powdery but that's my own fault. Believe me, as a powder foundation junkie, this is so far one of the better ones that I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, Cover FX products did not work for me at all. I like the color options because I am completely yellow/green based and the g series is a perfect match. I love that all their products are vegan which is why I tried this companies products. This mineral powder isnt terrible but it is simply too chalky and drying for me nor does it give much coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

This is my new favorite powder. I use this to set my nars sheer glow liquid foundation and it leaves my skin flawless!! Nars sheer glow on its own isn't enough coverage for me, but with this powder over top it's perfect :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

REVIEW: I have light to medium, pink undertoned skin with my face a shade darker than my neck. Regarding color, I would say my face matches P40 and my neck P30. However, since this product wears on the light side (which is great for lighter skinned people), I purchased this in P40 and find that it works well to harmonize neck and face colors. I apply a light dusting to my face and neck using a brush. The color and coverage is perfect for me! Applied in this manner, the coverage is not at all heavy. I find that this foundation evens my skintone and gives my already mostly clear face a smoother appearance. I have been using this product for two weeks and it has not irritated my super sensitive skin nor has it clogged my pores.

ONE MONTH LATER: Still loving it! Appears a little on the orange side in the pan and maybe on the skin upon initial application, but within a short while, it's just beautiful exact flesh tone shade for me, even when I apply with a sponge! YES!!! No orange at all!!!

Come to think of it, that's the opposite experience I get with many other powders, which appear exact flesh tone shade in the pan and then turn all orangey after wearing for awhile... go figure!

RECOMMENDATION: P40 is a great shade for lighter skin (tans minimally) with pink (and possibly peach) undertones and that is slightly oily. Best for women who prefer a light and natural look. It is good for evening skin tone. It will cover some redness, but does not offer sufficient coverage for those needing to cover blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Having oily skin (especially in the T-zone & Forehead), I've tried many different powders. From high end to cheap and everything inbetween, and the CoverFX is at the top of my list of favourites.

I can pair a basic BB cream with this and I get great coverage without my skin feeling weighed down. I've gotten many compliments on my complexion when wearing this (and my skin is naturally not the best).

I've also found over time that when I wear a powder with talc my skin reacts (red, angry, irritated). It's something that took me a very long time to realise, and needless to say, I'm sticking with mineral based powders from now on.

Coverfx products are free of parabens, sulphates, Phthalates, fragrance, gluten, mineral oil, and talc. So the brand is a definite 'try out' for those with sensitive skin.

Hope this helps! :)