October 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Polishes - NARS - Vertebra

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by metalmynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Vertebra is one of the NARS polish collaborations with shoe designer Pierre Hardy. The bottles come in a little box, like a pair of shoes, and are designated "left" and "right". Vertebra left is a coral creme - I'd describe it as almost a neon coral since it's quite bright, Vertebra right is a brownish rose - sort of terracotta but pinker. Both are on the thicker side and very opaque, Vertebra right is opaque in one coat and a second coat really isn't needed. Vertebra left is opaque, but two coats are needed. I've been wearing V. right on my fingers and V. left on my toes since it came last week - I can't decide if I love it or just like it. I wish V. right was about a shade lighter - if it looked like all the photographs I've seen of it, it would be perfect, but in person it's a little darker. But it is a good neutral and it is a nice color, as is V. left. Overall, I'd probably buy it again - it's a limited edition, so if you get it and love it, stock up! $29 for the two bottles.