December 20, 2014 | 993 users online

Hair Treatments - Dove - Elixir

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I just realised that there are 3 variants of this. I used the one for Hair Loss.

This is touted as a leave-in treatment to replace the Indian tradition of champi, which is a deep conditioning treatment involving massaging the scalp with oil (usually coconut oil) and washing it off after a couple of hours. However, I used it as a much-needed AFTER wash treatment for my hyper dry, curly and frizzy hair and it worked great as a conditioning product - quite as well as Moroccanoil but at a fraction of the cost so I felt free to apply liberally. I am not sure about reducing hair loss - that's something that can't be observed within such a short period of time.

It doesn't have much of a fragrance, not a bad thing on its own but I do love Moroccanoil's fragrance.

I think this is great value for money. It really looks like an expensive product with it's light pink colour and even has some rose petals and leaves in the mix. It has a pump dispenser. I think a downward facing spout would work better but that's a small thing.

Unfortunately, I think it's only available in India.