October 21, 2014 | 1229 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the smooth feel of this and consistency. The problem was that when I went to apply it, it would like ball up. I don't know how to describe this. It would blend out but in the meantime, you had all these little foundation balls all over your face. Not cute. In the end, the extra blending and worry about foundation ball face was just too much. My drag queen friends get it now. Godspeed, girl friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is fantastic! I wear it over my Benefit Porefessional primer and my skin looks smooth and beautiful! It smells like sweet almond oil, applies great, and lasts all day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this as a sample in CVS and loved it. I only tried it because I didnt have time to put makeup on that day. The coverage is decent and it has a light almond scent that I happen to like. Normally, I'm a repeat customer of L'Oreal foundations but I switch brands often. Bought this finally when I had a coupon, and my only complaints are that the container doesnt hold much, so you would have to buy more often, it doesnt have sunscreen, and something has been giving me mild breakouts but I cant yet determine what of all my products it is. Hope not this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation on an impulse because I had a coupon. It's proof that just because you have a coupon for something, doesn't mean you should buy it. It is not a dupe for Revlon Colorstay Whipped (that one is way better than this one; it's a bit more expensive but worth it). It has an odd, thick consistency and a sweet, chemically scent that reminds me of paint. It does go away after a short time so it's not too big of an issue for me. The packaging is awful because you have to dip your fingers into the jar. It is also very thick so a little goes a long way.

I find this foundation provides medium coverage and a satin finish. The problem is that it never seems to set on my skin, even with powder, and it doesn't look natural. It looks like you're wearing makeup, which for me is not the look I necessarily want all the time.

Bottom line, if you see this foundation in the store, just don't bother. There are way better drugstore foundations out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by areyoucrazy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I thought it was just an okay foundation, around medium coverage but the wear time wasn't amazing. It probably was about 2-3 hours after application that I felt the need to touch it up.

The shade range isn't very good if your pale as the lightest shade was way too orange for me, it only worked if I blended it down my neck a lot.

Now this is what made me throw it away, I noticed it had a slight scent that I didn't really like but it went away after a bit. I tried it again just to mess around and it smelled absolutely disgusting, extremely sweet and kind of rotten would be how I'd explain it. It was only a month old and was stored with my other makeup so I'm going to believe the issue is with the product itself or I just got a bad jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by localfizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. The color 'creamy natural' is a perfect match. It feels so lightweight and natural, like I'm not wearing makeup. I'm just sad CoverGirl is discontinuing it. I can find it at some Targets and Rite Aids, so I snatch it up when I can and at $6 each a can certainly stock up. Revlon has a similar whipped foundation, but their fair shades are always too pink/cool for me and a little off.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is not the best product, but if you use it sparingly and as a concealer, it can become your new best friend.

CLAIMS:
*moisturization
*long lasting matte finish

Well, not a lot of claims really... With that in mind, there aren't a lot of thinks to be on the lookout for. For once, this product does NOT moisturize at all, something I would scoff at. As for long lasting matte finish? This product has failed me utterly with the weak claims that are untrue.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.

FEELS: (eh) this is definitely more thick on the skin and on the hand. I knew it from the beginning that it was going to turn out to be drying and odd looking against my skin just from the back of my moisturized hand.
SMELL: (bad) this is disgusting. The scent of it. Like toxic waste (actually, that taste a lot better than the smell of this). Paint, or something weird like that.
TEXTURE: (bad) thick, weird, uneven, don't like it.
PIGMENTATION: (eh) for something that's so thick, I expected more from this light-medium coverage product.
FINISH: (eh) not a big fan of matte, but you know, kind of knew that when I picked it up to try it anyways.

APPLICATION: (eh) doesn't tell you how to use it, but using a sponge is a BAD idea since this product absorbs really quickly into it.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Apply over the face using fingers.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:

TIME: (bad) this lasts for three hours max. I have slightly-dry skin and I used this over silicone based primer, and a colour correcting primer. Does not last whatsoever while my primer still seems to be on my skin. What?
LOOKS: (bad) makes you look wrinkly around the eyes and mouth.
WEAR: (bad) this literally rubs off onto my clothing, so that's not a good thing.
REACTION: (eh) with fragrance, I reacted, but my skin didn't break out with this.
REMOVAL: (leh) easy to remove, but it's already long gone without removing.

THE PACKAGING:

TRAVEL: (eh) very slightly heavy and consists use of the fingers.
SPECIFICS: (eh) smaller and compact, so might be suitable for travel.
VANITY: (eh) not the best vanity product but it's okay.

Very cheap, and I got it for $5 US.
The foundation is horrible, and I don't like it. Honestly, from Covergirl, I expected much more from them, but I guess that's what you get when you get your hopes up.
For makeup: NO.
For skincare: NOT EVEN.
For dazzling up your vanity?: EH.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Glenadam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at walgreens out of curiosity when I got home I went on you tube and watched reviews and lots of gurus were raving about this so I was excited to try it the next day and glad I bought this! Gives medium coverage, it's so smooth, light airy feel to it, not cakey and doesn' oxidized. I heard this was being discontinued idk why so I decided to buy back ups for winter. Love it but sad it's being discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like all other CoverGirl foundations, this was a miss for me. The colors run way too pink and this was a nightmare for my oily skin - I could see the oil just pooling on my forehead, nose and chin. However, I did pick this up on sale for a decent price at ULTA. The formula felt really light and dry to the touch after application. This may work for some people, but for my skin it was a fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by cameronkitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was an impulse buy. I really liked he texture and it was similar to the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation, which I had been wanting to try for a while. I don't have that foundation but I've heard many reviews and lots of people seem to like it, but this foundation didn't work on me. It looks horrible and cakey on my dry skin and is not moisturizing at all. It clung to my thin hairs on my upper lip and in between my eyebrows. It might work with someone of a different skin type, but it just didn't work for me.