August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Conditioner - TRESemme - FLAWLESS CURLS / CURL HYDRATION for curly or wavy hair (900ml)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's just ok. I prefer conditioners that can also be used as a leave in. For some reason, when I tried, it became really flat and frizzy! It's a good detangler, so I just use it as a prepoo now so I won't waste it. I love aussie moist waaaaaay more

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed with this. The scent was overly fruity and the consistency was thin and translucent, not rich and opaque like Pantene’s Curl Dry to Moisturized or Redken’s Fresh Curls, Smooth Down, All Soft, Real Control, or John Freida Frizz-Ease Hydrating Conditioner (being my favorite). This conditioner defined and smoothed curls okay, but there was still a fair amount of frizz. My hair is thick, coarse, dry, and naturally curly and I think this conditioner was just too light for me. The only way this conditioner works (and when I say “works,” I mean it’s OK, not great) is when I use the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Deep Conditioner (separate review) right before this conditioner. It might work really well for someone with fine curls, and since it’s pretty cheap, I think it’s worth a try. However, I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Bela330

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

3c transitioning curly biracial hair.

I use this as my every day conditioner, it really coats my hair with moisture and has a nice slip! however, you have to shampoo after 2 uses if you're using the curlygirl method... all the silicones can bring your hair down and make it supaaa greasy. I tried using this as a leave-in and no success, it made my hair super frizzy for some reason! soft none the less, but frizzy. It smells greaat like every single product of tresemme. The only reason i use it, is because it has decent ingredients and is cheap enough for me to use on a daily basis, on special days i use the devacurl line :3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ETA: I've been using this all year and use it as a cleansing conditioner, since it's so light. I don't shampoo, just use this most of the time. It's fabulous. I just went and stocked up because many places seem to no longer carry it. It's the only thing that makes my curls look enhanced and hydrated instead of poufy and frizzy!

I'm really enjoying this conditioner. The texture of it kind of reminds me of the old Aussie Hair Salad conditioner. It's very light, with a bit of slip (probably all the silicones). The smell is nice and I got a huge bottle for around $4.
My hair is pretty curly underneath, and just wavy on the top layers. This brought out my curl so much that I got tons of compliments on my "new" curly hair. I didn't use any new styling products or methods, so I credit this conditioner. I know lots of people have hair that doesn't react well to 'cones, but mine likes them. It made my hair very curly, in nice frizz-free ringlets, and not weighed down. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by emathy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

• Packaging?
Fine, you can see how much product is left from the outside if you look closely. (I've got too much of this stuff left to go, sigh...)

• Price?
Got the huge 900ml bottle dirt cheap, compared to other curly hair conditioners, which sold in smaller bottles for more $.

• The product itself?
Ugh. I wish I knew more about hair product ingredients *before* I purchased this stuff.

SILICONES:
water-soluble: silicones (OK for even no-poo regimens):
cyclohexasiloxane

non-water-soluble (requires shampoo to wash out!):
cyclopentasiloxane
dimethicone

^^^ "no-poo" regimen followers/silicone-sensitives beware!

ACIDS:
- aspartic; ascorbic

^^^ those with low-porosity hair (like me) generally need to avoid overly acidic products!

If your (curly/wavy) hair is normal-to-HIGH porosity, this *might* be a decent frizz-reducer for you. The 2nd and 3rd ingredients (after water) are *moisturizing* alcohols (cetyl & stearyl) so that should be good news for people whose hair will actually take that moisture before the acid seals up their cuticles and the silicones coat it.

This stuff could have gotten a 3/5 if it did *something* for me, OR if it was clearly labelled as not being for *all* types of curly hair (in which case it would've been my mistake for buying it despite the warning), but they failed with both.

I'm going to experiment with using this as a hair *gel* replacement. I will update this review if that experiment is successful. If I haven't updated this within a month or two, please consider that experiment a failure. (I'll have demoted it to shaving cream by that point, lol...)