Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant

3.7

on 2/24/2015 10:14:00 PM

Instant good-night's-sleep. Very finely milled powder, which adds warmth and a subtle glow-from-within. I tried Diffused and Dim, but I returned them and am very, very happy with this shade.

on 1/27/2015 3:33:00 PM

I have wanted radiant light for AGES. I cannot even fathom to you how I've lusted over this (okay, maybe only for over a month. But I thought about it every single time I was in Sephora!)

I wanted an orange-toned bronzer and that is exactly what I received in a beautiful formula. Do not use this for contouring!

I am NC15, and I use this as a bronzer lightly all over my cheeks and atop my nose and anywhere else that I want to that day. (I did get this in the palette form, but I am regretting that, as I should have purchased the large single. But if I finish it up in the pan, I may repurchase.)

My favourite brush to use this with (along with general ambient lighting powders) is the Real Techniques blush brush.

on 12/26/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

WOC! If you have tried other ALPs or have wanted to try the hourglass ambient lighting powders, then you MUST try this one! Radiant light looks amazing on my NC40-NC42 skintone as an all over setting powder. I have dry skin so it adds some luminosity to the skin but unlike what some say about this having a lot of shimmer, I find that this product is finely milled with very little shimmer. This results in an overall glow but not an uber shimmery face.

This is definitely not going to be a bronzer for someone of my complexion or darker. This is the ideal ALP for a woman of color!

on 8/21/2014 1:21:00 AM

Nc42 skintone here - I love this powder! On my skin, it isn't dark enough to be a bronzer but it makes a beautiful highlight or all over glow. The powder is super soft and fine, the packaging is luxurious and the product performs wonderfully. I have combination skin and large pores so I avoid using this in my tzone because it does have a strong glow, which can make my tzone look shiny and get in between my pores. But on my dry cheeks and the rest of my face, it looks so pretty.

on 8/8/2014 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'll be brief- this did not show up on my NC50 skin. I tried multiple times; still nothing.

Perhaps on a lighter shade it would be great but even so, it's quite overhyped. At the end of the day, it's just another finely milled slightly iridescent powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good powder. It's a very finely milled, light, slightly shimmery golden color. On my fair skin I can really only use it as a bronzer or for contouring. I was more impressed by what Dim light could do, but it was too dark to use as an all over powder on my skin. I don't think I'd repurchase this shade though, as I have other products I like using for bronzing/contouring.

on 7/23/2014 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have this in Radiant Light and Dim Light (already reviewed Dim). Radiant Light was the first of these powders that I bought, based on the reviews I read and based on the fact that MUAs tend to reach for Radiant Light *first* as soon as they see a black woman at the counter. (I've noticed this with at least two other friends I've taken to the Hourglass counter.)

Anyway, I like Radiant Light but find it a little too sparkly for daytime wear. Having said that, it does make me look nice.
I took one of my friends to the Hourglass counter at Liberty - she's lighter than me (probably a MAC NC44 for reference with golden undertones) - and the MUA used Radiant Light on her. Bearing in mind that this was around 8pm in the evening, my friend wasn't wearing makeup and, frankly speaking, wasn't looking particularly fresh. After applying Radiant Light, my friend looked completely transformed. Her skin glowed but wasn't overly sparkly. She looked fresh and, just nice. Now, my friend isn't a makeup person *at all* and really has no clue. She likes to avoid powders and foundations as they make look 'artificial'. She was very impressed by this. She didn't buy it as the price was a little steep for her, but she made a mental note for a future splurge.

Back to me. As I have previously said - I like Radiant Light on me, but have reserved it for special occasions as the sparkle bothers me a little. Dim Light is my go-to daily finishing powder and makes me look fabulous, if I'm totally honest.
When I lost my Dim Light at a wedding (I think someone stole it, tbh, because they saw how fabulous I looked), I was devastated. Once I got over it, I ordered a replacement online (I was abroad) and my beloved Dim Light was waiting for me when I returned.

As for Radiant Light - yeah, I'd repurchase. But I probably don't have to as it will probably last me a lifetime.

on 2/21/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I can't see myself running out of this product but if I did I wouldn't repurchase due to the price and the uselessness of the product. On one hand the powder is nice and finally milled. It goes on soft and sheer. I don't even see any of after I apply it. Which is the main problem. What was the point of these hyped powders. Every youtuber and blogger go on about these powders like they are the second coming. I'm dark NC45 to NW45 depending on the foundation for MAC. The SA at Sephora helped me out and said this powder would be best for me. However I don't find the powder to be earth shattering or even flattering as it barely shows on my skin. I used it to high light under the eyes today and didn't get very much from it.

on 1/31/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had to return this because the more I wore it the more I noticed it was pulling very orange-toned on me. Also the shimmer appeared a little more grainy than I preferred, all though the texture with my other Ambient Lighting Powders is very smooth. Also I have had three of the Ambient Lighting Powders and I have had problems with the mirrors inside all of them. They are constantly mis aligned, unglued, and or falling out. Despite trying to repair them.
I am fair skinned and a MAC NW 15 I believe NARS Mont Blanc, and Laura Mercier Porcelain tinted moisturizer for reference.

on 1/29/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Loving this powder so far. It's incredibly sheer and adds a beautiful subtle golden glow to the skin. This, Dim and Luminous would probably be your best bets if you fall into the medium to dark skintone range. I am a C6 for reference and I have this in Radiant, Diffused, and Luminous and all three work very well for different reasons. Diffused works best if you have yellow undertones in your skin or if you're trying to even out redness or highlight the cheekbones, chin ect. but can leave a pale cast if you're a bit too heavy handed, Radiant works best for an all over shimmery glow (but not sparkly or glittery) and Luminous makes a great highlight too and gives a soft candle lit kind of glow. I love when I get compliments and people simply say 'your skin looks beautiful' instead of 'your makeup looks beautiful'. Expensive but for me, completely worth it.