December 19, 2014 | 1524 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lipslicks Smoochies lip balm

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by PinkyTheGhost

Now, I was skeptical about this product, with shade names you just have to roll your eyes at, see "#text me", and the old school, reminiscent of your first lipstick as a little kid packaging. Therefore, having already somewhat low expectations for the product, I can say it was easy for me to be pleasantly suprised. Basically, it's a tinted lip balm. No bells and whistles. At least not to me. Do I think the shades are pretty? Yes. Do I like the marshmallow-y crayon-y smell? Yes. It wasn't truly disappointing, but I wasn't emotionally moved, if you wanna be dramatic. About my shade: My mom picked this up for me, on a clearance of $2.50 basically snagging it because it was cheap and the shade wasn't a gaudy color. I have the shade #text me and to be honest I'm having a tough time describing it. It's kind of a berry pink red color, and seems to pull on the cool side. I think it goes well with my skin color and blue eyes, just kind of makes me pop. It can get streaky when you layer it, but a few lip smacks and it's all good. It has a good amount of shine, glides on smooth, and a couple of sparkles but not too much, and after it wears off you aren't left with a severe case of glittah lips. The wear time on this is pretty average, after I ate or drank anything it was pretty much gone, however just sitting there it's alright, about 2-3 hours for me. Think Maybelline Baby Lips, except less thin feeling, and a little more opaque. Bottom line- When I use mine up, I'm not tempted to run out and buy it again, if I saw a truly beautiful color that I had to have, I might would buy it. It's a no muss no fuss lip product, I think it gets the job done alright.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Back in the day, I was a big fan of LipSlicks (which these replaced). I used the darker shades and found that they gave a manageable flush of color, even for a pale redhead, and looked dewy and glossy on. Plus I loved the rose-violet, old-fashioned lipstick scent.

Smoochies come in more shades, are more opaque, and the neon two-toned packaging is adorably retro. I have it in a limited-edition "brights" shade, Kiss & Tell. It's a gorgeous, vibrant watermelon pink, definitely suitable for both cool and warm skintones. When I swiped it on I was expecting something more sheer, and was surprised that if I applied more than one light coat, it veered in the direction of full-on lipstick. But I love the color, and the balm itself is still shiny and moisturizing, so win-win.

Also: These have a different scent; it's a bit floral, but with a predominant marshmallow sweetness. I happen to love it because it smells EXACTLY like some of the kiddie cosmetics I was allowed to wear in the '80s; I think they were called Crayon or Tinkerbell or something. Just a silly and fun, low-commitment lip product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by pacej3

I was very excited for this product, but it definitely let me down. I bought the shade #sweet tweet, and it is basically a sheer balm on my lips. Even watched on my hand it is barely noticeable. It also fails in that it is not exceptionally moisturizing and I would certainly pick up a regular lip balm for much cheaper next time. I think that the Revlon lip butters do a better job than this one; I would recommend those over this product any day.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by kayelizabeth

Bought this in the shade #alterego, definitely not a fan. It looked like a very pretty light sheer pink in the tube but goes on like a brighter metallic pink. Definitely not the shade I was looking for. The texture is alright, feels a little greasy to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by SketchedLilly

I bought Tweet Me...a pretty, rather bright coral red. I've been using it for months and I love it. It's smooth, glitter free, and casual. It also brings out the natural pinks in my cheeks, so I don't look so pasty. I have no complaints now that I've used it enough for the lid to no longer hit the top of the balm-stick when I carelessly close it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like a lot of lip color cuz I don't wear a lot of makeup. But I want a little somethin' sometimes, and these balms give me a little color which I can build up if I were to want a little more. I haven't especially noticed a moisturizing aspect but then I have several other products that have that angle covered, so that doesn't bother me. Good color selection and smooth application and the price is surely right, so it's a win all around. I'm sure I'm not in the target demographic for this line but I do like these smoochies, and I bet you will too if you like a slightly-made-up lip look!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Laurenloveslife08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok first off the packaging on this products is adorable!!! I have to admit that was what originally drew me to these;) but they seriously are a really fantastic product.....I love them because they add a bit of colour without being crazy noticeable!!! They are perfect to bring to work/school and reapply throughout the day. I find most times I don't even need a mirror! I own three colours at the moment #smooch, #tweet me and #sweet tweet. #smooch is a pinky coral with some small iridescent glitter as well as some chunkier glitter....I don't mind it but it pretty sparkly so if you don't like glitter this product is not for you. #tweet me is a sheer red and is by far my fav!!! It's for those days when your not brave enough to wear a red lipstick but you still want that colour. #sweet tweet is a sheer pinky my lips but better kind of colour it's really great to add just a little something to your lips without being overwhelming. Love these I will defiantly try more

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ang3lwithashotgun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually love this product. It's pretty sheer so it's perfect for a casual day and can reapply without a mirror. It's quite moisturizing actually and lives up to it's claim as a balm. It's pretty pigmented for a balm, and there's a large variety of colours. I use #Luv Me all the time. I was annoyed at a) the packaging and name were a bit gimmicky and b) the product isn't level with the tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

this was an alright product for me....i have it in luv u...which is a pretty pink...but it was really drying on my lips...plus the cap broke when i dropped it...i also hated the chalky taste....i liked the color tho and it lasted until i ate or drank...wont buy again tho

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I avoided buying one of these because it seems like a tween theme with tacky packaging, and I hate the name. I used to wear the old Lipslicks in Hint of Red and it was discontinued, so I chose Text Me. It's a different shade of red and this formula is more balmy, but I do like it. It stays inside my lip line unlike the older formula. Some shades are sheer and shimmery, but Lipslicks have always been like that. At least it smells better, moisturizes, and there are some good shades.