August 1, 2014 | 1236 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lipslicks Smoochies lip balm

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

this was an alright product for me....i have it in luv u...which is a pretty pink...but it was really drying on my lips...plus the cap broke when i dropped it...i also hated the chalky taste....i liked the color tho and it lasted until i ate or drank...wont buy again tho

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I avoided buying one of these because it seems like a tween theme with tacky packaging, and I hate the name. I used to wear the old Lipslicks in Hint of Red and it was discontinued, so I chose Text Me. It's a different shade of red and this formula is more balmy, but I do like it. It stays inside my lip line unlike the older formula. Some shades are sheer and shimmery, but Lipslicks have always been like that. At least it smells better, moisturizes, and there are some good shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by princessblue

I really enjoy this balm/gloss product. I use the "Luv U" shade which is just a nice soft girly pink color that looks natural on lips. For me to repurchase a product is nothing short of a miracle for me but this one I love :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I love the Smoochies! They are an easy, on the go lip product. They smell great but taste a little weird. They are a little bit hydrating and ad a nice pop of natural colour. Easy A!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I was not happy with this at all! I had high hopes for these after seeing so many positive views but alas. I had this in the shade #smooch.
Pros:
Cute packaging
Pretty color

Cons:
Dried my lips out
Had a gritty texture
Not long lasting

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by catmarg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this.
10 years ago it was impossible to find a tinted light balm like this- Just heavy lipstick and sticky glosses. I actually had to import Blistex tinted lip balm from the US. This is light and moisturizing with a nice red-pink tint. I have medium tone skin and it is flattering. For the price, you can have one in all of your bags. It might be better than Maybelline Baby Lips which is great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Brunettechic

I love these. I have #255 sweet tweet which is a very natural pink color. Does pretty well at keeping my lips soft, but they're not dry to begin with. The package in my opinion is cute. The price is very affordable. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the color #235 - it is almost exactly the color of my lips. This color is just right to make my lips look moist and lively, not at all loud. It's a pinkish-mauvish-brown. I have fair skin and very little natural pigment in my lips. I find myself reaching for this lipstick/balm every single day. I don't need a mirror to apply and it is moisturizing to my lips which are often dry.

I was surprised when I went to look up the reviews on these that they are lip balms, I'd never noticed that when buying them. I have already bought an extra #235 to stash at work. I will definitely look at other colors. My favorite lipsticks are always my lips but better colors and this is one of my current favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

It seems like every makeup line is coming out with a tinted lip balm lately. As I'm a lip balm addict I just can't help but try them all! My take on Cover Girl's Smoochies:

Pros:

- in comparison to other brands the color selection is wide
- it's moisturizing
- it goes on smooth
- with my favorite shade Sweet Tweet the colour payoff is sheer and natural looking

Cons:

- some of the shades are more opaque than others and it's impossible to tell which ones are more opaque without using them on your lips. One shade which I thought would be a sheer rose ended up being very dark and opaque and therefore unflattering on me.
- somewhat expensive in comparison to other similar brands, where I live these usually go for $7 or $8 whereas other tinted balms are about $4 - $5.
- the neon coloured packaging annoys me somewhat
- the balm does not twist all the way down into the tube making it easy to nick the balm with the cap repeatedly

Overall it's a good lip balm, I definitely prefer this one over other similar brands that I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by menzognero

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

not that hydrating, barely adds colour, and the glitter is really out there, like a little girl playing with sparkles. The packaging is plastic and feels cheep. for a better product for your money, just go with the burts bees tinted lip balm