Cover Girl Lipslicks Smoochies lip balm

3.8

I honestly can't tell the difference between the new Lipslicks and the older version, except for the packaging update. I have #Be Sweet, which looks the same as the former Lipslicks shade in "Cutie", a beautiful beige pearl nude. I also have #Tru Luv, a great nude shade with no sparkles/shimmer. I love these because they are not sticky/glossy like most lipbalms, and they wear a decent amount of time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Such a fun little pick me up! The bright packaging along with the Smoochies name are just so cheerful. It's like a buttery smooth lip balm/lipstick mix. They are hydrating and wear well.

This review is for 220 "#text me" (a cool red).

I bought this because it was on clearance for pretty cheap and I've been searching for a non-expensive cool dark red lip balm that doesn't have sunscreen (very allergic to it) and isn't loaded with sparkly junk. Well, turns out it does have quiet a bit of fine glitter particles - they just weren't visible until after the first time I used the balm. The glitter sparkles as pink, red, and violet. Sort of iridescent in the tube, but not on my lips due to the glitter mostly depositing into every crack. Fortunately it's not visible until I'm a couple inches from the mirror, so I don't think anybody will notice.

With one swipe, the color is translucent and more of a flushed nude/pink than red. Definitely not dark. Multiple swipes lead to a color that's similar to the plastic tube, though more fuchsia than dark red.

Even with all the glitter, I don't find the texture to be gritty at all. It's not sticky or waxy either. Also not slimy/greasy. I think the texture may be the only thing CoverGirl got right.

The flavor/smell is really bad. Like old lady lipstick bad. It's the smell that made me avoid trying lipstick for years because I thought all lipstick tasted like the stuff my mom would smear across my lips right before family pictures. So yeah... I find I hold my breath while putting it on and avoid getting my tongue anywhere near the front of my mouth. This is the main reason why I have to give it a low rating. If they fixed the flavor, I'd give it four lippies and would buy other colors.

This is the only tinted lip balm I've ever used that gets on my teeth. I don't even have that problem with lipstick! Funny thing though... I remember my dad's ex-girlfriend seemed to always have lipstick on her teeth, and she used CoverGirl lipstick. So maybe it's just something that happens with their lip products? I don't know.

I rated the packaging as only three lippies because the tube doesn't protect the first several millimeters of product from getting mashed into the side of the cap or clipped when taking the cap off/putting it back on. Definitely need to be careful until it can finally be twisted below the rim of the tube.

TL;DR:
- has a ton of glitter
- flavor/smell of old lady lipstick
- texture is okay, nothing wrong with it
- one coat is sheer flushed tint, more coats leads to a somewhat fuchsia version of tube color
- transfers easily
- packaging needs a slight improvement

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It's good, staying powre is just better than ok, and just very sheer I guess (not much colour, just a coloured lip balm), I have it in "text me" good shade, plummey-rosey colour yes indeed, I like the artsey packaging

I loved lipslicks because it was moisturizing and not sticky. The new one is drying and sticky. Please vote to bring back the old one on the covergirl website.

I buy makeup at Big Lots, and I gotta stop because I almost never like what I get. I bought a Smoochies (deplorable name) in 250, which is a nice deep plum and soft understated plum on the lips. I have no problem with the price, the packaging, or the color. The texture is my issue. It's heavy and waxy and makes my lips dry rather than moisturized. So, I'll keep it and use it once in a while for a lark. Live and learn.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Whoa. I haven't been this impressed by a drugstore or HE lip product in a loooooooong time. Mind you, I have so many lip products in the 20 and 30 dollar range... but they are just like meh to me. Either they were too drying, bad color selection, color payoff poor-to-mediocre, etc. So I decided to give these new Lipslicks a go. I was a huge fan of the original Lipslicks in high school (a million years ago!) and was actually looking for the original ones but just found these ones instead. Why not. I found a peachy-nude color called Day Glow - but really didn't believe that it was going to have much color payoff from what I remembered in the past.

I love it when I don't expect much from something and it over delivers. Like this product. So creamy! The color is a perfect peachy-nude. This has color payoff and is soooooo hydrating on the lips. It's a different formula than what I remember and is definitely improved! The old formula was much thinner and the color more sheer. This is much thicker than the formula I remember wearing back in my youth. Not an ounce of shimmer or sparkle. Just a glossy finish. Sure, the case leaves much to be desired. Am I going to get a back up??!! For sure! I just love this color and formula! I'm tempted to try more colors now since you can get them on the cheap on sale ($3 with coupons at CVS!)

From my experience The best lip balm was - Paula's choice "lip&body balm" and the second was - covergirl lipslicks. This lip balm has caster oil and lanolin oil with hint of color, it is not overly dewy, nor feel sticky or waxy. Light and moisturizing. The moist last for 3-4hours. I use Sweet Tweet which is light pinky shade. The color of the lip balm is not very vivid and there is no SPF, so if you are after multitasking lip balm this is not for you. Otherwise a very good moisturizing lip balm under $5AUD!

HELP BRING BACK THE OLD LIPSLICKS LINE!!
hey everyone covergirl has discontinued this shade in cutie, demure, hipster, bronze goddess and much more. But, we can hopefully bring it back . If you go to covergirl.com and under products there will be in big letters discontinued, click on it. This will take you to there discontinued products page. Scrolled down until you see lips. You will see lipslicks, click on it. To the side of product page it will say "vote to bring back." Then you click on check mark. So far there are 1,400 votes. If we all go to this page hopefully covergirl will bring back the old lipslicks line. they have brought back selected shades from continuous color lipstick line and they are available at dollar general or procter and gamble estore. bristo burgundy is exact shade from continuous color line as the lip perfection line in shade fevor, if that is one your favorite colors!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought Double Dare as well. I don't like regular, heavy lipstick but i like the look of a red lip. This is perfect for me. You have to reapply often (like gloss) but that's fine. The color is deeper than it looks, and the result is a soft and glossy red, perfect for everyday. I like the formula it doesn't feel like a lipstick but more like a chapstick. I like!!

Recommended for Medium Skin