January 29, 2015 | 1056 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lipslicks Smoochies lip balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2015 7:27:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Double Dare as well. I don't like regular, heavy lipstick but i like the look of a red lip. This is perfect for me. You have to reapply often (like gloss) but that's fine. The color is deeper than it looks, and the result is a soft and glossy red, perfect for everyday. I like the formula it doesn't feel like a lipstick but more like a chapstick. I like!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought Double Dare, which looked like a medium orange color from the tube. I have several Revlon lip butters that I love for pigmentation, but found this to be much more sheer than expected. I was really wanting an orange shade that went well with my pale coloring and while the color is pretty, it swatched a true orange on my hand, but as a light pink with slight coral on my lips. It goes well with my coloring, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted.

It is moisturizing with a slight waxy feel and it does last much longer than the lip butters, wearing down to a stain. You do need to be diligent about exfoliating your lips before application because the slightest sign of chapped lips will make the color not go on evenly.

I'd purchase again for the hydration and longevity of the color; I just wish the color payoff was greater.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a soft spot for these balms. I really liked the LipSlicks, which these replaced. (The packaging is pretty much the same, but more colorful.) These have more color, for the most part, however, which I like.
I've bought several of these. I suspect they're a fun pick-me-up and that's part of the allure, plus the colorful packaging it so cheery and fun. They offer a bit of color and feel pretty nice on the lips, with no major scent or flavor. These seem to have more variety than the LipSlicks, if I recall right.
Smooch is a pretty, my lips but better nude, albeit a touch too shimmery'glittery, but a beautiful neutral shade. I wish it were less glittery because once it fades you basically have glitter lips, but freshly applied, it's lovely.
2 Cute is a pretty berry/brown and it has good pigment but it'll fade to a more natural looking shade, sort of a pinky-brown sheer berry nude. I really like this one because it's so pretty and not too pink or too red, just a nice berry.
CU L8r is a shimmery shell pink -- very pale. I don't care for pale shimmery shades as lipsticks, but it makes a very pretty highlighter on the cheeks.
Sweet Tweet barely has any color, but it gives lips a tiny touch (very tiny, as in almost nothing) of pink/peach, but it's very pretty and dewy and I love it for some reason.
Text Me is a very vibrant raspberry red, and it's the most pigmented of all the ones I've tried.
Tweet Me is probably tied as a favorite with Sweet Tweet. This one looks bright red in the tube, and it's on the warm side, but it gives lips a pretty red stain -- that "just eaten a popsicle" look.
The names are kind of silly to me. I guess CG wanted to be fun and modern, but I for the life of me cannot remember these names. To me, it's just "that really pretty red one," etc.
Staying power is okay, but by no means long-lasting. That's fine, for me, though, since they're easy enough to keep in a pocket and to apply on the fly without fear of a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 7:49:00 PM More reviews by meredithcook1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

#Selfie is the best!! I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by PinkyTheGhost

Now, I was skeptical about this product, with shade names you just have to roll your eyes at, see "#text me", and the old school, reminiscent of your first lipstick as a little kid packaging. Therefore, having already somewhat low expectations for the product, I can say it was easy for me to be pleasantly suprised. Basically, it's a tinted lip balm. No bells and whistles. At least not to me. Do I think the shades are pretty? Yes. Do I like the marshmallow-y crayon-y smell? Yes. It wasn't truly disappointing, but I wasn't emotionally moved, if you wanna be dramatic. About my shade: My mom picked this up for me, on a clearance of $2.50 basically snagging it because it was cheap and the shade wasn't a gaudy color. I have the shade #text me and to be honest I'm having a tough time describing it. It's kind of a berry pink red color, and seems to pull on the cool side. I think it goes well with my skin color and blue eyes, just kind of makes me pop. It can get streaky when you layer it, but a few lip smacks and it's all good. It has a good amount of shine, glides on smooth, and a couple of sparkles but not too much, and after it wears off you aren't left with a severe case of glittah lips. The wear time on this is pretty average, after I ate or drank anything it was pretty much gone, however just sitting there it's alright, about 2-3 hours for me. Think Maybelline Baby Lips, except less thin feeling, and a little more opaque. Bottom line- When I use mine up, I'm not tempted to run out and buy it again, if I saw a truly beautiful color that I had to have, I might would buy it. It's a no muss no fuss lip product, I think it gets the job done alright.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Back in the day, I was a big fan of LipSlicks (which these replaced). I used the darker shades and found that they gave a manageable flush of color, even for a pale redhead, and looked dewy and glossy on. Plus I loved the rose-violet, old-fashioned lipstick scent.

Smoochies come in more shades, are more opaque, and the neon two-toned packaging is adorably retro. I have it in a limited-edition "brights" shade, Kiss & Tell. It's a gorgeous, vibrant watermelon pink, definitely suitable for both cool and warm skintones. When I swiped it on I was expecting something more sheer, and was surprised that if I applied more than one light coat, it veered in the direction of full-on lipstick. But I love the color, and the balm itself is still shiny and moisturizing, so win-win.

Also: These have a different scent; it's a bit floral, but with a predominant marshmallow sweetness. I happen to love it because it smells EXACTLY like some of the kiddie cosmetics I was allowed to wear in the '80s; I think they were called Crayon or Tinkerbell or something. Just a silly and fun, low-commitment lip product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by pacej3

I was very excited for this product, but it definitely let me down. I bought the shade #sweet tweet, and it is basically a sheer balm on my lips. Even watched on my hand it is barely noticeable. It also fails in that it is not exceptionally moisturizing and I would certainly pick up a regular lip balm for much cheaper next time. I think that the Revlon lip butters do a better job than this one; I would recommend those over this product any day.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by kayelizabeth

Bought this in the shade #alterego, definitely not a fan. It looked like a very pretty light sheer pink in the tube but goes on like a brighter metallic pink. Definitely not the shade I was looking for. The texture is alright, feels a little greasy to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by SketchedLilly

I bought Tweet Me...a pretty, rather bright coral red. I've been using it for months and I love it. It's smooth, glitter free, and casual. It also brings out the natural pinks in my cheeks, so I don't look so pasty. I have no complaints now that I've used it enough for the lid to no longer hit the top of the balm-stick when I carelessly close it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like a lot of lip color cuz I don't wear a lot of makeup. But I want a little somethin' sometimes, and these balms give me a little color which I can build up if I were to want a little more. I haven't especially noticed a moisturizing aspect but then I have several other products that have that angle covered, so that doesn't bother me. Good color selection and smooth application and the price is surely right, so it's a win all around. I'm sure I'm not in the target demographic for this line but I do like these smoochies, and I bet you will too if you like a slightly-made-up lip look!