Cover Girl Lipslicks Smoochies lip balm

3.8

on 6/19/2015 1:49:00 AM

I loved lipslicks because it was moisturizing and not sticky. The new one is drying and sticky. Please vote to bring back the old one on the covergirl website.

on 4/19/2015 5:40:00 PM

I buy makeup at Big Lots, and I gotta stop because I almost never like what I get. I bought a Smoochies (deplorable name) in 250, which is a nice deep plum and soft understated plum on the lips. I have no problem with the price, the packaging, or the color. The texture is my issue. It's heavy and waxy and makes my lips dry rather than moisturized. So, I'll keep it and use it once in a while for a lark. Live and learn.

on 2/19/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Whoa. I haven't been this impressed by a drugstore or HE lip product in a loooooooong time. Mind you, I have so many lip products in the 20 and 30 dollar range... but they are just like meh to me. Either they were too drying, bad color selection, color payoff poor-to-mediocre, etc. So I decided to give these new Lipslicks a go. I was a huge fan of the original Lipslicks in high school (a million years ago!) and was actually looking for the original ones but just found these ones instead. Why not. I found a peachy-nude color called Day Glow - but really didn't believe that it was going to have much color payoff from what I remembered in the past.

I love it when I don't expect much from something and it over delivers. Like this product. So creamy! The color is a perfect peachy-nude. This has color payoff and is soooooo hydrating on the lips. It's a different formula than what I remember and is definitely improved! The old formula was much thinner and the color more sheer. This is much thicker than the formula I remember wearing back in my youth. Not an ounce of shimmer or sparkle. Just a glossy finish. Sure, the case leaves much to be desired. Am I going to get a back up??!! For sure! I just love this color and formula! I'm tempted to try more colors now since you can get them on the cheap on sale ($3 with coupons at CVS!)

on 2/13/2015 12:31:00 AM

From my experience The best lip balm was - Paula's choice "lip&body balm" and the second was - covergirl lipslicks. This lip balm has caster oil and lanolin oil with hint of color, it is not overly dewy, nor feel sticky or waxy. Light and moisturizing. The moist last for 3-4hours. I use Sweet Tweet which is light pinky shade. The color of the lip balm is not very vivid and there is no SPF, so if you are after multitasking lip balm this is not for you. Otherwise a very good moisturizing lip balm under $5AUD!

on 2/4/2015 4:17:00 PM

HELP BRING BACK THE OLD LIPSLICKS LINE!!
hey everyone covergirl has discontinued this shade in cutie, demure, hipster, bronze goddess and much more. But, we can hopefully bring it back . If you go to covergirl.com and under products there will be in big letters discontinued, click on it. This will take you to there discontinued products page. Scrolled down until you see lips. You will see lipslicks, click on it. To the side of product page it will say "vote to bring back." Then you click on check mark. So far there are 1,400 votes. If we all go to this page hopefully covergirl will bring back the old lipslicks line. they have brought back selected shades from continuous color lipstick line and they are available at dollar general or procter and gamble estore. bristo burgundy is exact shade from continuous color line as the lip perfection line in shade fevor, if that is one your favorite colors!

on 1/25/2015 7:27:00 AM

I bought Double Dare as well. I don't like regular, heavy lipstick but i like the look of a red lip. This is perfect for me. You have to reapply often (like gloss) but that's fine. The color is deeper than it looks, and the result is a soft and glossy red, perfect for everyday. I like the formula it doesn't feel like a lipstick but more like a chapstick. I like!!

on 1/20/2015 6:16:00 AM

I bought Double Dare, which looked like a medium orange color from the tube. I have several Revlon lip butters that I love for pigmentation, but found this to be much more sheer than expected. I was really wanting an orange shade that went well with my pale coloring and while the color is pretty, it swatched a true orange on my hand, but as a light pink with slight coral on my lips. It goes well with my coloring, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted.

It is moisturizing with a slight waxy feel and it does last much longer than the lip butters, wearing down to a stain. You do need to be diligent about exfoliating your lips before application because the slightest sign of chapped lips will make the color not go on evenly.

I'd purchase again for the hydration and longevity of the color; I just wish the color payoff was greater.

on 1/8/2015 8:23:00 PM

I have a soft spot for these balms. I really liked the LipSlicks, which these replaced. (The packaging is pretty much the same, but more colorful.) These have more color, for the most part, however, which I like.
I've bought several of these. I suspect they're a fun pick-me-up and that's part of the allure, plus the colorful packaging it so cheery and fun. They offer a bit of color and feel pretty nice on the lips, with no major scent or flavor. These seem to have more variety than the LipSlicks, if I recall right.
Smooch is a pretty, my lips but better nude, albeit a touch too shimmery'glittery, but a beautiful neutral shade. I wish it were less glittery because once it fades you basically have glitter lips, but freshly applied, it's lovely.
2 Cute is a pretty berry/brown and it has good pigment but it'll fade to a more natural looking shade, sort of a pinky-brown sheer berry nude. I really like this one because it's so pretty and not too pink or too red, just a nice berry.
CU L8r is a shimmery shell pink -- very pale. I don't care for pale shimmery shades as lipsticks, but it makes a very pretty highlighter on the cheeks.
Sweet Tweet barely has any color, but it gives lips a tiny touch (very tiny, as in almost nothing) of pink/peach, but it's very pretty and dewy and I love it for some reason.
Text Me is a very vibrant raspberry red, and it's the most pigmented of all the ones I've tried.
Tweet Me is probably tied as a favorite with Sweet Tweet. This one looks bright red in the tube, and it's on the warm side, but it gives lips a pretty red stain -- that "just eaten a popsicle" look.
The names are kind of silly to me. I guess CG wanted to be fun and modern, but I for the life of me cannot remember these names. To me, it's just "that really pretty red one," etc.
Staying power is okay, but by no means long-lasting. That's fine, for me, though, since they're easy enough to keep in a pocket and to apply on the fly without fear of a mess.

#Selfie is the best!! I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day

on 12/18/2014 3:25:00 AM

Now, I was skeptical about this product, with shade names you just have to roll your eyes at, see "#text me", and the old school, reminiscent of your first lipstick as a little kid packaging. Therefore, having already somewhat low expectations for the product, I can say it was easy for me to be pleasantly suprised. Basically, it's a tinted lip balm. No bells and whistles. At least not to me. Do I think the shades are pretty? Yes. Do I like the marshmallow-y crayon-y smell? Yes. It wasn't truly disappointing, but I wasn't emotionally moved, if you wanna be dramatic. About my shade: My mom picked this up for me, on a clearance of $2.50 basically snagging it because it was cheap and the shade wasn't a gaudy color. I have the shade #text me and to be honest I'm having a tough time describing it. It's kind of a berry pink red color, and seems to pull on the cool side. I think it goes well with my skin color and blue eyes, just kind of makes me pop. It can get streaky when you layer it, but a few lip smacks and it's all good. It has a good amount of shine, glides on smooth, and a couple of sparkles but not too much, and after it wears off you aren't left with a severe case of glittah lips. The wear time on this is pretty average, after I ate or drank anything it was pretty much gone, however just sitting there it's alright, about 2-3 hours for me. Think Maybelline Baby Lips, except less thin feeling, and a little more opaque. Bottom line- When I use mine up, I'm not tempted to run out and buy it again, if I saw a truly beautiful color that I had to have, I might would buy it. It's a no muss no fuss lip product, I think it gets the job done alright.

Recommended for Medium Skin