Vichy Idealia BB Cream SPF25

2.8

on 5/31/2015 9:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is just... not. It's not a BB cream, it's tinted face cream in the best case scenario. I made a mistake and applied it over my already moisturised face and it just started rolling off my face. Then I applied it on clean face and it was ok. It moisturised my skin, but there was no coverage at all. I think my face looks better without it, and mind you, I have a really good skin. This did nothing for me. Maybe spf25 might be useful in the sun, but that is pretty much it. Don't bother with this.

on 5/12/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It just doesn't blend!

I have decided to go for something light for summer and thought vichy has to work...
but it doesn't. I have it in medium, which is darkish but suits for me.
Still, it is impossible to apply evenly, it creases like hell, it doesn't last, it accentuates my dry patches. So, its a no no.
I like smell and packaging though. But that is it. a huge disappointment from a good brand.

on 4/26/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really wear make up, but I do love this BB cream. i can put this with a light dusting of powder and it keeps my skin looking healthy and glowing all day. Smells great and the consistency is creamy and light. I apply it with a light tapping motion on only the areas where I have some redness to even out my skin tone. No rubbing in or heavy application required for me. I love the applicator, it lets you dispense out very tiny amounts with no waste. This is my absolute favorite BB cream and I have tried many. If you are looking for a lot of coverage this is not the product for you.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In brief I would say this product is a winner for me!
I usually find it extremely hard to wear foundations and bb creams because I hate the feel of it on my skin but this bb cream is so light that you don't get that mask like feeling while it still evens out my skin tone. *I don't have that many blemishes so if you have more blemishes then you might want to steer clear of this product*
On my skin it lasts about 5 hours without powdering despite my oily T-zone which I think speaks volumes about how clingy this product has the capability to be on some skin types so I feel that exfoliation and moisturising of dry patches is really key here.
It is quite glowy but not obnoxiously so which makes a change from rimmel wake me up and the MAC mineral foundations. For me I treat it as a skin perfecter and have found that it hasn't irritated my skin despite the content of SPF and small amount of shimmer which usually make my skin feel itchy.
The price I feel is a bit too high for this product but seeing as it's the only lightweight bb cream my skin can tolerate it doesn't annoy me too much. As far as packaging goes I quite like it but I will be interested to see if I can get all of the product out of it or if the packaging is in fact a bit of a hinderance in that respect.
Definitely would repurchase and recommend!

on 11/29/2014 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I highly dislike this stuff. It pills when you put powder over top or rub it in. It breaks me out (And I have non acne prone skin), and it's too sheer to cover up my light redness. I'v tried it with a beauty sponge,brush,hands and nothing works. Will not be repurchasing

on 11/24/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin, but this bb cream does actually works for me. I guess is going to work different for everyone. My biggest issue is my face gets shiny very fast, but this cream seems to delay that process, contrary to what many people are saying. If you want coverage this is not a product for you, because is light and feels very natural. I really like it.

on 11/21/2014 9:22:00 AM

Naaah. Didn't like it. It smells nice. But it gave me pimples and irritated the skin around my eyes! So no thanks!

on 11/2/2014 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was a huge disappointment for me! I'd seen some of my favorite Youtubers use this BB cream and it seemed to give a wonderfully dewy glow, so I decided to try it out and here's my experience:

The light color was just about right, on the verge of being too light - this means it's probably way to light for most people since i have VERY fair skin. At first when I put it on it seemed to blend on my skin quite well and I could actually see that it had a nice glow to it ... but even before I had finished applying it I started to see white patches appear. When I had finished, my face had little white flaky patches everywhere, a total nightmare. I tried setting spray, which made it even worse since when in contact with any liquid the cream left white smears on my skin.
I have since given this cream it's second, third and fourth chance and tried every imaginable method of applying it - with a brush/sponge/fingers, face moisturised before, face not moisturised before, mixing it with another BB cream - and it still looks as patchy and flaky as ever. When I apply a little bit on my hand I can actually see it forming little flaky clumps and not absorbing into the skin whatsoever.

on 10/19/2014 7:43:00 PM

I bought this BB in Light a couple of days ago when I ran out if my Korean BB (Skin79 Gold), to have something while waiting for my Skin79 to arrive in the mail. So far I love it. But in comparison to *real* (Asian/Korean) BB's, this really is a Tinted Moisturizer with SPF. And a good TM, at that. To be honest, this is the first TM that, on my makeup counter, may replace the discontinued Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture SPF25 that I loved. Vichy Idealia leaves a sheer, beautiful finish, but it only works if you have good skin. I'm still struggling with blending this in my skin, I have not yet found whether it is better to pat or rub in, but it has a tendency to sit on your skin before sinking in. If you use a serum+moisturizer you need to let it sink in before putting on Vichy BB (As opposed to Skin79 I find it sinks in better if you put it on immediately after moisturizing). Leaves very luminous glow. The best thing about this Vichy BB is how it feels on your skin, it is very moisturizing and soothing.

UPDATE: I have this in Fair. I still love it and Im on my third tube! I've seen a lot of mixed reviews of this and also have a couple of friends who've tried it and not been happy with it. I have a couple of theories about this cream and whether it will sink in and be glowy or whether it just sits on top of your skin and starts pilling around. First, do NOT use a silicone based moisturizer underneath this BB, it just does not work with it for some reason, it just stays on top and glides around. Second, do NOT use too much of this, a little goes a long way. Third, DO keep your skin in great shape. I cannot stress this enough. It does not sink in if you have not exfoliated and moisturised properly. So this BB cream is also a good indicator of the shape of your skin. I have great skin but immediately when this BB does not sink in, I know I've neglected my skin...and when I've exfoliate, apply cleansing and moisturizing masks regularly, this BB cream works like a dream. For reference, I use the following products underneath and on top of this BB:
1) Melvita Extraordinary Floral Water (as essence), 2) Lumene Arctic Aqua hydrating serum / or the Brightening Serum, 3) in winter I add more hydrating serums 4) Weleda Iris or Rose Day Cream and Lumene Lab Eye Cream + Dr Hauschka Eye Balm 5) SPF 50 Sunscreen - Shiseido or LRP Anthelios 6) Vichy Idealia BB Cream 7) Armani Loose Powder or MUFE HD Powder

on 10/12/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this BB cream.It feels light and nourishing (whic is a must for me because I'll wear it all day long).I hate the fact that you need a lot of it to cover your face (like it is not creamy enough).So I use moisturiser and then a BB cream.I do not like all the shimmer in it so I always use setting powder to tone it down a bit and to matify my face.I'll continue using it just because it gives me nice results without breakouts or feeling that I have mask on my face.Packaging is lovely,but nothing special about it that deserves 5.