December 22, 2014 | 1379 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Philosophy - philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Eye Repair Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

This was suggested to me by an associate at Sephora. I like many Philosophy products however this did not work for me.
I understand that in my 20's a retinoid eye cream is not necessary but I desperately wanted to lighten the darkness under my eyes. I do not presently have any wrinkles in that area and will not comment on its effectiveness there. Considering the product suggests improvement in under-eye circles and bags I was pretty disappointed.

Result: No improvement in any areas. Under eye circles became more defined and bags appeared that I did not have before. Did a lot of research on Retiniod products and decided to take it back (thank you Sephora!!)

I tried only using it a couple times a week and only at night but this did not make a difference. I'd say I gave it a fair shot for 4-5 months.
Price-wise it is comparable to many other eye treatments in the mid-range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I asked for an eye cream that will reduce creases under my concealer. Sephora assistant gave me this. It is a soft wax-like thick cream but spreads easily. It still creases after four or so hours but it feels very nice. I use very little so the price doesn't feel so steep. Pump tube prevents bacteria contamination. Scentless too. My complaint is that I cannot see how much is left. I don't feel this is a holy grail eye cream but I would repurchase until I find my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent retinol eye product. It's like a creamy gel and a tiny bit goes a long way. This is the most effective, yet gentle under-eye retinol I've used. if I get a tad of redness under eyes I just lay off it for a couple of nights and all is well. This really smooths the lines..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I used to be a Philosophy girl and then switched to Ole Henricksen and now am using a combination of both plus some Vichy products. I used to love Eye Believe but it seems as though Philosophy quit making that eye product and Miracle Worker Retinoid cream for eyes is the closest thing I could find. I love that it smooths all the fine lines around my eyes and fills them in so make-up doesn't crease. I use this first thing after washing my face and then follow up with a greaseless eye cream. Since I also suffer from some pretty dark circles, I use a brightening primer and then apply my color corrector and concealer and set with a micro fine setting powder. No lines or creases and my eyes stay looking great. I haven't tried it between my eyes as another user suggests but definitely plan to start.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product, then tried several other more expensive retinoid/retinol eye products. I ended up purchasing this again after realizing it's truly the best currently on the market. StriVectin balled up and flaked, and I found that many other Retinoid/retinol products either have an odd consistency or cause irritation. This product is a Jill base, and has an amazingly smooth, non-irritating consistency. a little goes a long way, saving you money. I like to layer products like this first, with an eye cream over it. This product is light enough that it allows me to do so. I've had fantastic results, and use it all over my eye area, including my eyelids and between my brows. While I believe that nothing will with us of dark circles aside from consistent, genuinely good sleep, this has absolutely diminished my fine lines. It's also diminished the vertical line between my brows, about which which I'm super excited. If you're like me and like to use multiple products at once for the best possible results, this is a fantastic product for you.