October 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Monoi Tiare Tahiti Coconut Oil Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff. It's basically just coconut oil with a bit of vitamin e oil, vanilla fragrance and a tiare flower in the bottom. The smell is AMAZING. It smells like baked goods, and lingers for around 12 hours (not strong or overpowering even on initial application, just yummy). It is very moisturizing, can seem greasy if you overapply, and sinks in quickly. I prefer it to 'regular' extra virgin coconut oil because it seems to go on smoother for some reason. The packaging is meh - when you first get it, it has this inner lid thing that has to be removed- it's hard to remove/not get stuck inside the bottle. It has a screw top lid and I really wish it had a flip top lid instead. I've almost tipped and spilled the whole thing mid application many times so packaging leaves something to be desired. But the product inside is amazing. Around $8-$10 for 4oz, a bit spendy compared to regular coconut oil, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by lboogy

I bought this at a local health store in Berkeley, CA a few years ago and never really understood it so I gave it away. Fast forward a few years later, I've developed an obsession with coconut oil so i went online and purchased this oil along with shampoo and a tiare bar soap. I am in love with this product. I transferred it over to a glass dropper bottle because I cant stand plastic packaging and so I can just drop the bottle into hot water when it hardens.

Just recently I found this exact item at a beauty store in SF and oh my gosh, it was just about double the price I paid online and it smelled off, like it was rancid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by coley

I have heard so much about Monoi Tiare Tahihti oils that I got the opportunity to try it via Vitacost. I tried the vanilla scented oil and it smells sooo good. It's a light lingering vanilla scent. It only cost $6.28. I will definitely repurchase. Try it, I think vanilla lovers will be pleasantly surprised.