Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++

3.7

Octinoxate 7, Titanium 4.25, Zinc 9.8WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, ARBUTIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, FRAGRANCE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, LECITHIN, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/STEARYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, MELIA AZADIRACHTA EXTRACT, YEAST EXTRACT, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, DISODIUM EDTA, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, MANGANESE SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL

on 4/17/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product does not stay long on my face. It looks nice in the beginning but the effect does not last long. I work in an air-conditioned environment and I apply every morning. The make up just melted and turned oily in the afternoon even though I stayed in air-conditioned room all time. I could easily WIPE OFF the make up with tissue paper when it turns oily.

Coverage wise, it is not very good unless you apply a thick layer of it but if you does not have a fair skin, it will make your face look too bright compared to the skin tone of your neck which makes you look kinda weird.

The only good thing is, it comes with SPF 50.

The price is on the high side but the the results of this make up is utterly disappointing. With similar price range, I got myself a foundation from Estee Lauder which deliver a much better results.

on 4/7/2015 12:22:00 PM

This product broke me out BAAAD! I have resilient skin. I don't break out easy, I'm not too dry or too oily, just smack dab normal, olive skin (Nars Sheer glow in Punjab).

I bought this BB cream because I was intrigued by the concept. I liked the initial finish but after a few hours wear, it felt drying. I persevered. I noticed a slight rash on my cheek that I thought was irritation from a sweaty (pre-makeup) workout. The next day , I met a friend for coffee and she blurted out, "what happened to your face?"

On day 2 of using this product, over a few hours of wearing this, my cheeks were red and scaly and covered with dozens of small pus filled bumps. Yuck! My friend asked if I had used any new product on my face and the only new on was the Laneige Cushion BB. I immediately wiped off my makeup and went makeup-less for the next few days. Thankfully, the bumps and redness subsided completely in 3 days.

Weeks later, not wanting to waste my newly bought BB cushion, I tried it again - patch test on one jawline. Same result in that area.

To the bin it went. I won't even dare pass this on to my sister or my friends! bye bye $45

*edited to correct a spelling typo*

on 3/20/2015 2:46:00 PM

This is a Korean BB cream from Laneige, a subsidiary of Amore Pacific. I purchased this at a local Korean beauty shop because I wanted to see what a true BB cream was like. This product comes in a white compact with a mirror. The box contains two cartridges which contain the BB cream, and you just pop the cartridge into the compact. The product itself is a sponge saturated with BB cream, which sits inside an airtight container with a flip lid. You flip open and dab the specially provided sponge puff into the "cushion". You don't need a lot of product on the sponge puff to provide good coverage for evening out skin tones. When you are finished, close the lid on the cartridge, wash the sponge puff according to the directions provided and when dry, replace in the compact. Edit: the shade that worked for me is No. 21 Natural Beige

I am a fair-skinned Caucasian person, and I was lucky to be matched to one of the limited shades. If you have darker skin tones, you will be out of luck. However, Lancôme is coming out with an identical product and may have a better range of skin tones available. The other thing that bothered me is that this product is heavily scented, and the scent does not dissipate with time. This would be the perfect product if it weren't for those two factor because not only does a little go a long way, it lasts for 8+ hours and I have oily skin.

on 2/27/2015 3:55:00 AM

When I first put it on my face, I was really satisfied with the glowing effect of it.
However, after 3-4 hours it did not look good anymore.

I started to breakout after using this for about a week,
acne on the forehead, cheek, and under the nose,
whiteheads on the cheek.

on 1/31/2015 11:27:00 AM

This product broke me out. So badly I had to run and get antibiotics to clear up the resultant mess it left.

If you have sensitive skin I would caution approaching this with much care.

At first glance the coverage was okay, over the course of the day my skin got oily at times but it felt like this was sitting on top of my skin, quite greasy feeling and not at all light the way it felt when I first applied it. My pores felt quite clogged afterwards and seeing as this was the only new item I introduced into the mix, I'm fairly sure that this was the cause of all the trouble I've been facing.

I bought this thinking I would be able to scale down my makeup usage but I've now learnt that it's not worth the pricetag, and i'll be sticking to my dusting of mineral powder and nothing else.

on 12/17/2014 11:53:00 PM

Sun protection:
I've no doubt about its sun protection abilities. One day spent in the pool caused me a sunburn everywhere except on my face, where I applied used this BB cushion.

Brightening:
Despite being the summer and this being the only brightening product that I used, after 4 weeks my skin became more fair. This happened when I was traveling rather than inside a library/office studying.

Coverage:
This bb cushion has low to medium coverage. This product covers my skin's redness very well. Acne scars don't get completely covered. If I apply too much, it can look very obvious.
The product looks nice when applied.

Lasting power:
After a few hours, it oxidizes a little and can get dry, even though it looks luminous and bright when applied. I usually remove this, spray hydration mist, and reapply find that this happens. Luckily it's not hard to apply this at all, so I take the cushion and a hydration mist to school with me.

on 12/15/2014 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like the BB cushion sold at Target, so I thought I'd give this version a try. Unfortunately this highlighted every pore and was cakey, whereas the Target version is more glowy/dewy. My pores were especially visible on my nose, which had a strawberry seed pattern. Eech! Otherwise, this and the American Target version smell the same and the refills are the same size.

on 9/21/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for everyday and when you are in a rush. I buff it into my face in a circular tapping motion starting from under my eyes and out towards my neck and use whats left on my nose. 2 or 3 light taps into the cushion is all you need at the beginning. Don't put too much on the pad or you'll end up looking cakey. The medium shade goes perfectly with my chin. The only thing I dislike is once it starts to run out, you have to flip the cushion to get whats left because the foundation starts to settle down. I did this a few times and then took the pad and scraped what was left on the inside of the compact before I decided to replace it with the second cushion that comes into the pack.

on 9/17/2014 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i dont know what to say, i tried this cushion and voila my face turned into a super cakey face! the coverage was so good, but so far i wont repurchase this product

on 9/17/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually really loved it initially because the color goes so well with my skin tone and the finish immediately after you apply it looks nice. However, as the day goes on, it kind of cakes up a bit and just really, really did horrible things that made it look super thick and obvious on my face. I've noticed that it tends to rest on my pores and emphasize them. I think it also made me break out on areas where I've applied the product so that sucks. I'll just finish it up (or maybe even not) and pick up another BB to try and just give away the refill.