Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++

3.7

Octinoxate 7, Titanium 4.25, Zinc 9.8WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, ARBUTIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, FRAGRANCE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, LECITHIN, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/STEARYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, MELIA AZADIRACHTA EXTRACT, YEAST EXTRACT, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, DISODIUM EDTA, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, MANGANESE SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL

on 8/11/2015 10:06:00 AM

This is the only BB cream that has ever worked for my 50 yr old skin! I use the Laneige emulsion first, wait a minute for it to absorb, and apply - it evens out skin tone, brightens and really protects the skin. I am prone to clogged pores and redness - not a glimmer with daily use of this. I've been using this for 6 weeks - the best combination of sun protection, moisturizer and light foundation!

I actually like the way this product works. The coverage is very good and I found it to be long lasting. It feels light and is easy to apply. I didn't mind the dewiness of it either. I thought it had a natural look. I also like the packaging too.

What I cannot get past though, is the scent. It smells AWFUL to me AND the scent is long lasting. I smelled it all day. It's funny because a lot of reviews counted the scent as a "plus". To each her own I suppose!

That being said, there brightening serum smells like heaven.

Not sure if I will purchase again. Over all I like the product. If they change or get rid of that smell, then I'm in!

on 6/27/2015 6:25:00 PM

I got this in an ipsy bag in march and never used it so I used it now and I was really impressed I used the the light shade and at first it seemed dry then i flipped it and it worked great, it smells Sooo good and freshx although I'd definitely recommend setting with a powder because it's Sooo dewy looking and really doesn't dry down but I wore this from 10am to 1am in the so about 15 hours! And I wore it through a 2 hour dance rehearsal and it didn't smudge or cake up it might have faded a little but gracefully and it kept my blush and highlight on i was really super impressed!

on 6/5/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this product because I was going on vacation and really wanted the SPF. I will not be repurchasing. I bought the lightest shade on Amazon because Target didn't offer it. The color is a perfect match for my yellow undertoned skin. Applying the product is super fun and if you build it slowly and blend well it looks quite lovely. This effect doesn't last, though, as others have mentioned. I have oily skin and I set this with a powder, but after a few hours my face still looks gross and patchy. It's totally unusable if you're going to be seen in public. The only way I got it to last longer was to abstain from moisturizer in the morning but that is an impractical and unpleasant solution. This was fun to try, but so not worth the money and it won't stay on your face if you have any sort of natural oil production. Not to mention the fact that keeping a product in a sponge that is constantly exposed to bacteria is not super hygienic (I'm also paranoid that it broke me out but do not have proof that this was the cause).

on 4/17/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product does not stay long on my face. It looks nice in the beginning but the effect does not last long. I work in an air-conditioned environment and I apply every morning. The make up just melted and turned oily in the afternoon even though I stayed in air-conditioned room all time. I could easily WIPE OFF the make up with tissue paper when it turns oily.

Coverage wise, it is not very good unless you apply a thick layer of it but if you does not have a fair skin, it will make your face look too bright compared to the skin tone of your neck which makes you look kinda weird.

The only good thing is, it comes with SPF 50.

The price is on the high side but the the results of this make up is utterly disappointing. With similar price range, I got myself a foundation from Estee Lauder which deliver a much better results.

on 4/7/2015 12:22:00 PM

This product broke me out BAAAD! I have resilient skin. I don't break out easy, I'm not too dry or too oily, just smack dab normal, olive skin (Nars Sheer glow in Punjab).

I bought this BB cream because I was intrigued by the concept. I liked the initial finish but after a few hours wear, it felt drying. I persevered. I noticed a slight rash on my cheek that I thought was irritation from a sweaty (pre-makeup) workout. The next day , I met a friend for coffee and she blurted out, "what happened to your face?"

On day 2 of using this product, over a few hours of wearing this, my cheeks were red and scaly and covered with dozens of small pus filled bumps. Yuck! My friend asked if I had used any new product on my face and the only new on was the Laneige Cushion BB. I immediately wiped off my makeup and went makeup-less for the next few days. Thankfully, the bumps and redness subsided completely in 3 days.

Weeks later, not wanting to waste my newly bought BB cushion, I tried it again - patch test on one jawline. Same result in that area.

To the bin it went. I won't even dare pass this on to my sister or my friends! bye bye $45

*edited to correct a spelling typo*

on 3/20/2015 2:46:00 PM

This is a Korean BB cream from Laneige, a subsidiary of Amore Pacific. I purchased this at a local Korean beauty shop because I wanted to see what a true BB cream was like. This product comes in a white compact with a mirror. The box contains two cartridges which contain the BB cream, and you just pop the cartridge into the compact. The product itself is a sponge saturated with BB cream, which sits inside an airtight container with a flip lid. You flip open and dab the specially provided sponge puff into the "cushion". You don't need a lot of product on the sponge puff to provide good coverage for evening out skin tones. When you are finished, close the lid on the cartridge, wash the sponge puff according to the directions provided and when dry, replace in the compact. Edit: the shade that worked for me is No. 21 Natural Beige

I am a fair-skinned Caucasian person, and I was lucky to be matched to one of the limited shades. If you have darker skin tones, you will be out of luck. However, Lancôme is coming out with an identical product and may have a better range of skin tones available. The other thing that bothered me is that this product is heavily scented, and the scent does not dissipate with time. This would be the perfect product if it weren't for those two factor because not only does a little go a long way, it lasts for 8+ hours and I have oily skin.

on 2/27/2015 3:55:00 AM

When I first put it on my face, I was really satisfied with the glowing effect of it.
However, after 3-4 hours it did not look good anymore.

I started to breakout after using this for about a week,
acne on the forehead, cheek, and under the nose,
whiteheads on the cheek.

on 1/31/2015 11:27:00 AM

This product broke me out. So badly I had to run and get antibiotics to clear up the resultant mess it left.

If you have sensitive skin I would caution approaching this with much care.

At first glance the coverage was okay, over the course of the day my skin got oily at times but it felt like this was sitting on top of my skin, quite greasy feeling and not at all light the way it felt when I first applied it. My pores felt quite clogged afterwards and seeing as this was the only new item I introduced into the mix, I'm fairly sure that this was the cause of all the trouble I've been facing.

I bought this thinking I would be able to scale down my makeup usage but I've now learnt that it's not worth the pricetag, and i'll be sticking to my dusting of mineral powder and nothing else.

on 12/17/2014 11:53:00 PM

Sun protection:
I've no doubts about its sun protection abilities. One day spent in the pool caused me a sunburn everywhere except on my face, where I applied used this BB cushion.

Brightening:
Despite being the summer and this being the only brightening product that I used, after 4 weeks my skin became more fair. This happened when I was traveling rather than inside a library/office studying.

Coverage:
This bb cushion has low to medium coverage. This product covers my skin's redness very well. Acne scars don't get completely covered. If I apply too much, it can look very obvious.
The product looks nice when applied.

Lasting power:
After a few hours, it oxidizes a little and can get dry, even though it looks luminous and bright when applied. I usually remove this, spray hydration mist, and reapply find that this happens. Luckily it's not hard to apply this at all, so I take the cushion and a hydration mist to school with me.