Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++

3.8

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, ARBUTIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, FRAGRANCE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, LECITHIN, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/STEARYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, MELIA AZADIRACHTA EXTRACT, YEAST EXTRACT, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, DISODIUM EDTA, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, MANGANESE SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL

on 2/27/2015 3:55:00 AM

When I first put it on my face, I was really satisfied with the glowing effect of it.
However, after 3-4 hours it did not look good anymore.

I started to breakout after using this for about a week,
acne on the forehead, cheek, and under the nose,
whiteheads on the cheek.

on 1/31/2015 11:27:00 AM

This product broke me out. So badly I had to run and get antibiotics to clear up the resultant mess it left.

If you have sensitive skin I would caution approaching this with much care.

At first glance the coverage was okay, over the course of the day my skin got oily at times but it felt like this was sitting on top of my skin, quite greasy feeling and not at all light the way it felt when I first applied it. My pores felt quite clogged afterwards and seeing as this was the only new item I introduced into the mix, I'm fairly sure that this was the cause of all the trouble I've been facing.

I bought this thinking I would be able to scale down my makeup usage but I've now learnt that it's not worth the pricetag, and i'll be sticking to my dusting of mineral powder and nothing else.

on 12/17/2014 11:53:00 PM

Sun protection:
I've no doubt about its sun protection abilities. One day spent in the pool caused me a sunburn everywhere except on my face, where I applied used this BB cushion.

Brightening:
Despite being the summer and this being the only brightening product that I used, after 4 weeks my skin became more fair. This happened when I was traveling rather than inside a library/office studying.

Coverage:
This bb cushion has low to medium coverage. This product covers my skin's redness very well. Acne scars don't get completely covered. If I apply too much, it can look very obvious.
The product looks nice when applied.

Lasting power:
After a few hours, it oxidizes a little and can get dry, even though it looks luminous and bright when applied. I usually remove this, spray hydration mist, and reapply find that this happens. Luckily it's not hard to apply this at all, so I take the cushion and a hydration mist to school with me.

on 12/15/2014 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like the BB cushion sold at Target, so I thought I'd give this version a try. Unfortunately this highlighted every pore and was cakey, whereas the Target version is more glowy/dewy. My pores were especially visible on my nose, which had a strawberry seed pattern. Eech! Otherwise, this and the American Target version smell the same and the refills are the same size.

on 9/21/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for everyday and when you are in a rush. I buff it into my face in a circular tapping motion starting from under my eyes and out towards my neck and use whats left on my nose. 2 or 3 light taps into the cushion is all you need at the beginning. Don't put too much on the pad or you'll end up looking cakey. The medium shade goes perfectly with my chin. The only thing I dislike is once it starts to run out, you have to flip the cushion to get whats left because the foundation starts to settle down. I did this a few times and then took the pad and scraped what was left on the inside of the compact before I decided to replace it with the second cushion that comes into the pack.

on 9/17/2014 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i dont know what to say, i tried this cushion and voila my face turned into a super cakey face! the coverage was so good, but so far i wont repurchase this product

on 9/17/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually really loved it initially because the color goes so well with my skin tone and the finish immediately after you apply it looks nice. However, as the day goes on, it kind of cakes up a bit and just really, really did horrible things that made it look super thick and obvious on my face. I've noticed that it tends to rest on my pores and emphasize them. I think it also made me break out on areas where I've applied the product so that sucks. I'll just finish it up (or maybe even not) and pick up another BB to try and just give away the refill.

on 7/14/2014 10:57:00 PM

I bought this product even after reading a few reviews that stated it would not be suitable for "oily" or "oily - combination" skin because I always felt that Laneige was catered more towards my complexion seeing that I am Asian. I am so glad I took the risk because this product has performed so well on me. It's lightweight and provides the right amount of coverage for my uneven skin tone and redness in certain areas. I still use a concealer for my undereye area and darker blemishes but I do not need heavy coverage to be satisfied for my daily make up routine. Therefore I am pleased with this bb cream. As mentioned before, I do have oily combination skin, and I am accustomed to using products catered to making my skin as matte and shine free as possible, this product is not mattifying by any means but gives off a dewy and brightening effect once applied. I actually prefer this now as I feel like my skin glows more and does not get oilier throughout the day giving my face a more natural appearance versus the flat look I achieve with products that are too mattifying. A good indicator of a bb cream/foundation having good staying power is whether or not blush/bronzer stays on till the end of the day. I can definitely say that when I am using this bb cream, my blush and bronzer stays put. The only thing I would suggest for those with oilier skin is to use a small amount of primer (Becca is good!) and dab it onto areas that tend to get oily before applying this bb cream (dust on some face powder afterwards to really ensure it sets in the oily area) A note for those who do not like fragrances in their products, this bb cream definitely has a fragrance to it, kind of like heavy perfume, I find the small comforting but some may not so please smell it before buying it.

I dislike this foundation a lot.
Its my second cushion foundation (my first is Espoir which isn't readily available in US. so I needed something to hold me over until either me or my parents go to Korea to buy it)

The lightest color the Amore store had was #21.
For my fair-light yellow undertoned skin, it was a bad color. my face couldn't look any more dull.
For reference, I am Nars sheer glow Gobi, Giorgio Armani luminous silk #3, UD 1.0, Guerlain LdP #31.
I would say its about UD 2.0 or 3.0, just a bit more neutral

The applicator is nice, I like it better than Espoir's one.
its not a good idea to wash this. pat all the moisture out after each use, and replace them every 2 weeks ~ 1 month. Aritaum has them for a good prcie.
But I use a beauty blender instead because air pumps aren't that sanitary and I'm acne prone.

Lasting power is good, coverage is good (I would say light to medium. not a good idea to build it up to full).
use it light handed. its a very bad idea to press too hard into the cushion and apply too much at once.. it defeats the whole purpose of applying thin layers a few times to increase adherence to the skin.

natural to dewy finish compared to some other ones I've seen in Korea. (Espoir nude cushion is semi matte to slightly dewy finish)
stickiness and a bit of transfers are inevitable because its a moisturizing formula.

My mom uses Iope's air cushion. I would say to use Iope for very dry skin and Laneige for combination to dry skin.
if you have oily skin, cushion foundations in general wouldn't work as well.. maybe Espoir nude cushion and Banila co cc cushion, but they would still last a lot shorter.

on 6/26/2014 8:29:00 AM

OMG...whatever you do use a LIGHT hand or I promise you
you'll look like one big orange crinkly caked-on hot mess, reaching for whatever you can get your hands on to wipe off your Oompha Loompha face.
It's THAT thick man....just use 2-3 pushes on the cushion for the entire face
I tell you, and it'll look like perfectly nice fresh skin, but if you overdo it
you WILL feel like rushing home to hide.