September 19, 2014 | 891 users online

Lip Treatments - Hanaka - Chu Chu Lip Scrub (strawberry & cotton candy)

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MUAers agreed with me when I said Sara Happ's lip scrubs, however cute and tempting, are overrated. But I didn't mean lip exfoliators in general are overrated. Quite the opposite. On average lips need a good scrubbing more often than face, and that seems to be true regardless of weather. But I have come across no facial exfoliant, including the top-of-the-line kind, that works on the lips, not the least because it tastes lethal when I accidentally get bits of it in the mouth. Enter Hanaka, a Taiwanese drugstore brand that has concocted the sweetest-smelling lip product using strawberry and cotton candy for US$6 a pot. Being a scent snob, I didn't think much could be expected from $6, but this smells more authentic than what The Body Shop makes. I am a fan! Effect-wise, it exfoliates well, but doesn't contain as much oil as Sara Happ's scrubs and can cause the lips to dry out. Nothing a quick application of balm can't fix though. Balms and lipsticks definitely apply better thanks to this.