July 30, 2014 | 2073 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - Brown

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

For some reason, while the black version of this product lasts forever on me, is black black black black, and is creamy as heck (in a good way), this colour just doesn't measure up. The worst part is that it doesn't last, and sort of disappears on me throughout the day. It doesn't have as great a colour pay-off as the black, and is very underwhelming. I'm just disappointed all around, but really only when compared to the black one. Compared to other brown liners, it's fairly typical, maybe a little better (the colour payoff is better than a standard pencil eyeliner I'd say). So it's okay compared to other brands, and not good compared to the same product in a different colour. Weird.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by AndreeaRey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was in an emergency and really needed a brown eyeliner so I ended up with this product.
Ahhh ..not for me . Why you ask? It smudges , not much , but enough that you notice , that's the thing that gets me frustrated on eyeliners. I noticed that you have to sharpen it very often , compared to others I have . On me, it's not exactly brown , I would say more of a dark brown , and it's on the shimmery side , rather than matte which I would have preferred.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kass333

Terrible, waterproof my ass. smudgecity

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a brown eyeliner gal and love a bit of shimmer, so I purchased this eyeliner. I really like that it goes on smoothly and wears well all day long.

I have bought this twice and will repurchase again. A good bargain pencil. The only downside is that the tip wears down quickly and it has to be sharpened frequently.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by emmiebuns

I was searching for a soft brown eyeliner for daytime use and although this is decent for its price range, I will not be purchasing it again. I feel like I need to sharpen it every time I use it because the tip wears down so easily. The shade of brown is nice, but I'd prefer it to be less sparkly.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the scandaleyes nude eyeliner, but I HATED the brown shade. It's very sparkly and I would have fallout below my eyes when wearing it. Then, after removing it with waterproof eyeliner, there were more sparkles left behind. I used the eyeliner only once or twice before throwing it away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have come to like a few Rimmel products, including Special Eyes eyeliners, but everyone else raves about the Scandal Eyes so I thought I'd give the Brown a try. Did not expect it to be sparkly. I don't like that. I use Rimmel's liquid eye make up remover. Works on pens, liquids, and gels, but not this. I have sparkles all under my eyes the next morning. Not good. Also the point wore down very quickly. Sharpening isn't a big deal, but still. I threw this away, and I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eyeliners used to be my passion when I was younger. All sorts of colors, all sorts of formulas, and all sorts of brands sampled my eyelids. As time has passed, I've come to realize I want 3 things from an eyeliner now: it remain somewhat (no possibility of perfection here with my hooded lids and sometimes watery eyes) stable without undue smudging, it applies easily, and it's not so expensive that it breaks the bank to repurchase. Recently moving from higher prices to lower, I bought the Milani waterproof gel liner. Very cool-at first. And so I bought a backup. Then, after reading reviews on Rimmel, I figured I'd give that a shot too. And used that entire stick successfully. Then returned to that Milani backup. And suddenly realized Rimmel is the bomb! It doesn't irritate my eyes (unlike the Milani), and so doesn't make my eyes water nor smudge half as much throughout the day . It's just as creamy and easy to apply as the Milani (or UD24/7-for that matter), and it's a budget friendly $4.00 or so at discount stores. It does fade a bit around 6 hrs in, but no big deal there. Between the eyeliner in brown for tightlining and upper lid, the taupe for lower lid, and the hazel brow pencil, I'm getting hooked on Rimmel these days. Excellent drugstore brand!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There's definitely something scandalous about this product... how much it melts and pools in your eyebags! I know it's cheap, and I do always adjust for price when I review, but when a "waterproof" eyeliner travels straight down your face after just a few hours of wear, I can't give it more than one star no matter how little it costs. It's only a bargain if it works, people!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by asianpandaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't wear eyeliners, so I can't compare this to others, but this is amazing. My first pencil eyeliner and not my last! It's SOOO creamy, awesome color payoff, lasts a long time, and looks amazing for tightlining. It's natural enough for no one to say, "Whoa, she's wearing eyeliner!" but enough for people to say, "Your eyes are POPPIN'!". The only cons about this is that it's hard to wash off and leaves sparkles behind (big no no for me), smudges just a bit (but my eyes water quite a bit because I yawn a lot in school :P), and the cap pops off a lot. ): It's small enough to bring to school for touch-ups. I got it for $4, which was cheaper than the other pencil liners I saw in the makeup aisle. I'll buy this again, but with a good makeup remover, too!